Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN (20097 Views)

Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / What Is The Meaning Of IJN? / WHY YOU SHOULD STOP THE USE OF IJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by musawisdom(m): 7:07am On Jul 23, 2017
First of all, Is Jesus name originally 'Jesus'? Jesus is aramaic
Jewish people say that our Lord Jesus' real name is Yeshua. If it is true, then why are people worshiping him in the wrong name.
Yoruba will say Jesu.The proper name Jesus /ˈdʒiːzəs/ used in the English language originates from the Latin form of the Greek name Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous), a rendition of the Hebrew Yeshua (ישוע), also having the variants Joshua or Jeshua.] In a religious context the name refers to Jesus, the central figure of Christianity. In the Spanish cultural sphere, Jesús (pronounced IPA: [xeˈsus]) is a very common male personal name.
Which name will Jesus answer to

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Gogirl(f): 7:07am On Jul 23, 2017
Nice post there. Please am just be curious why we appreciate Jesus than God in our way of life. After God is the maker of Everything?Thank you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by cherieb2(f): 7:07am On Jul 23, 2017
Op, may you be blessed today. It's really annoying
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 23, 2017
While other countries are making waves in science and technology we carry religion for head. Was the bible written in english. Some of the translations self na abbreviation. Get sense ijn

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Walexey(m): 7:08am On Jul 23, 2017
labanji:
IJN- Imperial Japanese Navy

What has the abbreviation got to do with the price of garri in the market.

Africans now practise the colonial/white man's religion- Xtianity than even the founders yet not development in the Continent.

Rubbish!

Do you have anything apart from what the white man gave you?
Education, technology: phones, electricity, even the treated water you drink... Language, dress

Omo rada rada
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
IJN?! What is IJN?!

I am surprised and dismayed at our apparent lack of discerning and spiritual understanding.
In our quest for quick life and quick ways of doing things, we have adopted the microwave mentality to using the name of Jesus.

We have allowed the fast life to becloud the spiritual importance and meaning of calling the name JESUS and by our apparent lack of discernment and understanding which has replaced the Mighty , Earth Shaken and Miracle Inspiring Declaration “In the Name of Jesus” with “IJN” .

What is IJN ?Take time to google the abbreviation “IJN” and see what it throws up.

Have you taken time to ponder about this? : We take time to write lengthy prayers on social media and end such prayers with IJN. If you can take time to type the prayers, what stops you from typing out in full the name and the power that will bring life and answer to such prayers. Have you ever seen a traditionalist abbreviate the names of their gods in incantations or write-ups? People of God, let's wake up. The enemy is winning the battle of the mind. Remove the name of JESUS from every prayer and such prayer becomes worthless.

The name JESUS: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things on earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father “ (Philippians 2:9-11). It is this same name we are trying to render inconsequential by abbreviation. The name that Opens a Door and no one can close. The name that Conquered principalities and powers; the name that death bowed to; is what we are trivializing. May GOD show us MERCY IN JESUS NAME!
This was the same way the enemy has made the “Christ” in Christmas irrelevant by subtle replacing it with X to make Xmas, and we do not take it to heart. I was shocked to also discover that GOD is now being abbreviated as “G”. When do we stop all these nonsense?

This is a wakeup call. There is Power Mighty in the name of JESUS. Let’s Celebrate and broadcast that name . Let's obtain the available Victory in that name. Don’t allow the enemy to subdue and weaken the power of the name through the social media. Shout it loud from the room top. Jesus is LORD Forever and Ever! Stop abbreviating His Name. . . IJN is not the same thing as “In Jesus Name”. A word is enough for the wise. Share if you believe
https://www.facebook.com/bishopjoshua.ajayi/posts/861338787336293

The real name of the Christian God is not Jesus, Jesus is a British name...

He's real name is Yeshua.

So u have seen why the name of jesus has been powerless in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Lordcenturion2(m): 7:08am On Jul 23, 2017
Even his name isn't jesus but Yeshoua.

this is kind of thread you will see women flooding,and a thread like husband and wife, romance etc, they have nothing to contribute to the world. they were easily to defraud,you see most of them in churches saying jesus is their husband and boyfriend, if you see any lady that says jesus is their husband, just know that many men has abandoned such lady and she's desperately searching and looking for husband.

We africans just need to abandoned this religion things and develop our countries and continent like China and Asia, let build our future, any gods that you are worshipping that doesn't assist you or help your people, just leave that god and help yourself and your people.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by psalmistkakah(m): 7:09am On Jul 23, 2017
God bless u... Am guilty of this, hencefortb no more abbreviation in Jesus name Amen
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by DeltaBachelor(m): 7:11am On Jul 23, 2017
OP, first and foremost, happy sunday to you. I really like your post. It is actually true. But permit me to say that u are also wrong in the use of 'In Jesus name' . Like somebody rightly pointed out, He ( Our Lord Jesus Christ) is not our mate. He is the Son of God and even God Himself ( Trinity : I and My Father are One). Jesus is just an Hebrew name or so, and anybody can bear it. Footballers in spain, argentina etc also bear it. However, Jesus Christ is unique, and is only associated with Our Lord and Personal Saviour. Therefore my fellow nairalanders, instead of using IJN or In Jesus Name like the OP pointed out, use In the Name of Jesus Christ, remember to put 'CHRIST' , because that alone can make a difference in your prayers and requests . A stroke of cane is sufficient unto the wise, let him who hath an ear hear. Happy sunday once again folks.
Hardeysolution:
IJN?! What is IJN?!

I am surprised and dismayed at our apparent lack of discerning and spiritual understanding.
In our quest for quick life and quick ways of doing things, we have adopted the microwave mentality to using the name of Jesus.

We have allowed the fast life to becloud the spiritual importance and meaning of calling the name JESUS and by our apparent lack of discernment and understanding which has replaced the Mighty , Earth Shaken and Miracle Inspiring Declaration “In the Name of Jesus” with “IJN” .

What is IJN ?Take time to google the abbreviation “IJN” and see what it throws up.

Have you taken time to ponder about this? : We take time to write lengthy prayers on social media and end such prayers with IJN. If you can take time to type the prayers, what stops you from typing out in full the name and the power that will bring life and answer to such prayers. Have you ever seen a traditionalist abbreviate the names of their gods in incantations or write-ups? People of God, let's wake up. The enemy is winning the battle of the mind. Remove the name of JESUS from every prayer and such prayer becomes worthless.

The name JESUS: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things on earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father “ (Philippians 2:9-11). It is this same name we are trying to render inconsequential by abbreviation. The name that Opens a Door and no one can close. The name that Conquered principalities and powers; the name that death bowed to; is what we are trivializing. May GOD show us MERCY IN JESUS NAME!
This was the same way the enemy has made the “Christ” in Christmas irrelevant by subtle replacing it with X to make Xmas, and we do not take it to heart. I was shocked to also discover that GOD is now being abbreviated as “G”. When do we stop all these nonsense?

This is a wakeup call. There is Power Mighty in the name of JESUS. Let’s Celebrate and broadcast that name . Let's obtain the available Victory in that name. Don’t allow the enemy to subdue and weaken the power of the name through the social media. Shout it loud from the room top. Jesus is LORD Forever and Ever! Stop abbreviating His Name. . . IJN is not the same thing as “In Jesus Name”. A word is enough for the wise. Share if you believe

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by IbyOneGod: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Like me, the first time i saw it I didn't understand it until i was told and I don't think I've used it b4 but never the less, thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by iammo(m): 7:17am On Jul 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
IJN?! What is IJN?!

hope you do realise that God's sons name is Yeshua (ישוע) and the greeks called him Iesous(the greeks that murdered him and 11 of his deciples) and the english called him jesus(our colonial masters) my point is how you commuinicate with him is based on your heart wether you choose jesu, jesus,issa or yeshua. He is a great helper who would still save you regardless because he isnt proud like humans

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by banmee(m): 7:19am On Jul 23, 2017
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 23, 2017
elantraceey:
I'm still yet to understand what's so difficult in just typing 'In Jesus name'.
hi
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by ihatesycophant(m): 7:25am On Jul 23, 2017
I've written about this before and I have made up my mind I would never comment on write up that abbreviate in Jesus Name IJN and that is my standard.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by mamajaz(f): 7:29am On Jul 23, 2017
Na so one of my friend's during undergraduates said "ha, I don't know why my pastor so love this 1st John oh" , anything he wrote he must put IJN". I just looked at he messages and said this is in Jesus name oh, funny enough that was my first time of seeing it. However, me like e sha.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Bahddo(m): 7:30am On Jul 23, 2017
As if anyone called him Jesus when he was on earth. You think Jesus is the original name don't you? Ignorant little fanatic.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by pfadom: 7:30am On Jul 23, 2017
On point.
I can't agree any less.
Remain blessed in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by spencekat(m): 7:32am On Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for this.A friend once corrected me about this and I never made such a mistake again.It beats my imagination when some Christians will still join other folks to make jest of some vital things.For example,why would a true Christain say'blood of Elijah,Chisos etc' just to crack jokes?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Kay25(m): 7:33am On Jul 23, 2017
Good post I hope it will bring a change i
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by kolawolejohn(m): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2017
labanji:
IJN- Imperial Japanese Navy

What has the abbreviation got to do with the price of garri in the market.

Africans now practise the colonial/white man's religion- Xtianity than even the founders, Yet no development in the Continent.

Rubbish!

You are limiting yourself bro... grab the truth and be set free.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by raphieMontella: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
IJN?! What is IJN?!

This is very foolish....
Jesus is not even his name.
Yehoshua is.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by cosxzbay: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2017
Sunglass20:
I have once said this before on fb, any prayer you use IJN...sorry, it cant be answered coz JESUS does not understand that. Please, JESUS is not our mate, let us treat Him with every respect. IJN ko, In judas name ni!
Just kidding, but what's fb? and coz... truly its not a problem of biblical misunderstanding but almost certainly a problem of unnecessary abbreviation of common English words.!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by whizzyleejr(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2017
I dislike shortening the name of Jesus, God...If i want to shorten it, it's like "IJesusN though I'm also guilty of abbrevating it some times
Thanks for the thread
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by benitwater(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2017
thanks and GOD bless.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by daroz(m): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2017
I love this message , pls pass in on.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by miqos02(m): 7:42am On Jul 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
IJN?! What is IJN?!

You are blessed IJN

Nigerians and over righteousness
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by MasterKim: 7:48am On Jul 23, 2017
And who even told u Jesus is d real name. To clear all dz, its better u call him is original name and not a Greek/roman name
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by nkpommpko(m): 7:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Are you sure Jesus is the right spelling of his name, are you sure you are even pronouncing it well? Things have changed since more than 4000 years since he walked the earth.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by labanji(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2017
kolawolejohn:

You are limiting yourself bro... grab the truth and be set free.

I will grab the truth when I see pastors that do lots of miracles stop going to hospitals for self treatments.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by battymann: 7:53am On Jul 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
IJN?! What is IJN?!

The devil does not rest; children of God shouldn't either.
In addition, Xmas should not substitute Christmas.
God bless us all.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by labanji(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2017
Walexey:

Do you have anything apart from what the white man gave you?
Education, technology: phones, electricity, even the treated water you drink... Language, dress

Omo rada rada

I will grab the truth when I see pastors that do lots of miracles stop going to hospitals for self treatments.

Oloriburuku Somebody!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by CandiceJay(f): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2017
Gogirl:
Nice post there. Please am just be curious why we appreciate Jesus than God in our way of life. After God is the maker of Everything?Thank you

Why do we appreciate our mum more than our dad knowing fully well that all financial burden is laid on him? Because Mum is our link to Dad

Just saying o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa / A Boy Who Turned 12 On 12/12/12 Labelled Anti Christ / Is Eating In A Dream Necessarily Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.