Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN (20100 Views)

Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / What Is The Meaning Of IJN? / WHY YOU SHOULD STOP THE USE OF IJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Sweetmom: 8:07am On Jul 23, 2017
I liked your comment after reading the first sentence I didn't bother to finish the rest
NtoAkwaIbom:
Africa will continue wallowing in the dark untill we drop our religiosity.
The South is filled to the brim with churches, the North is bedecked with mosque...

yet in the South you find Christian spewing so much hate, you find churches telling Christians to kill Moslems. The Bible warns against making undue profit but Christians want to make triple profit at a blow.

in the North, You find se malam propagating hate... Islam preaches love too, but then you find very few rich elite surrounded by lots of poor people... the only try to buy cartons of indomie, once in 3yrs to take pics for online likes, just to say they are giving to the poor.
when they could better pick some kids off the street to fend for... or could try making it possible for them to be in school so as to harness their full potential.

but no, we don't do any, we spend days fasting, and praying, for Nigeria to get better, The Dark age, was the period were people were too religious in the west, it was after people broke free from the chain of religion, to try taking control of their destiniez and finding answers to their problem rada than fasting and praying for them to go away... that prosperity came to the world... The Age after the religiously beclouded Dark age is called.. "THE AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT"

Africans, Nigerians, We need to be enlightened, we need to start thinking on how we could solve some life problems, and not how someone writing "IJN" instead of In Jesus Name... will bring him some bad luck...

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by imma2(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2017
@Op. You make no sense at all. How does abbreviation of "IJN" stop the love of God the father and his son for us?
Do you know how many sins you commit yourself without knowing?

My advice for you: Stop being a judgemental person. We have all gotten it wrong. Why Africa?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by 2016v2017: 8:10am On Jul 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
IJN?! What is IJN?!

I am surprised and dismayed at our apparent lack of discerning and spiritual understanding.
In our quest for quick life and quick ways of doing things, we have adopted the microwave mentality to using the name of Jesus.

We have allowed the fast life to becloud the spiritual importance and meaning of calling the name JESUS and by our apparent lack of discernment and understanding which has replaced the Mighty , Earth Shaken and Miracle Inspiring Declaration “In the Name of Jesus” with “IJN” .

What is IJN ?Take time to google the abbreviation “IJN” and see what it throws up.

Have you taken time to ponder about this? : We take time to write lengthy prayers on social media and end such prayers with IJN. If you can take time to type the prayers, what stops you from typing out in full the name and the power that will bring life and answer to such prayers. Have you ever seen a traditionalist abbreviate the names of their gods in incantations or write-ups? People of God, let's wake up. The enemy is winning the battle of the mind. Remove the name of JESUS from every prayer and such prayer becomes worthless.

The name JESUS: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things on earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father “ (Philippians 2:9-11). It is this same name we are trying to render inconsequential by abbreviation. The name that Opens a Door and no one can close. The name that Conquered principalities and powers; the name that death bowed to; is what we are trivializing. May GOD show us MERCY IN JESUS NAME!
This was the same way the enemy has made the “Christ” in Christmas irrelevant by subtle replacing it with X to make Xmas, and we do not take it to heart. I was shocked to also discover that GOD is now being abbreviated as “G”. When do we stop all these nonsense?

This is a wakeup call. There is Power Mighty in the name of JESUS. Let’s Celebrate and broadcast that name . Let's obtain the available Victory in that name. Don’t allow the enemy to subdue and weaken the power of the name through the social media. Shout it loud from the room top. Jesus is LORD Forever and Ever! Stop abbreviating His Name. . . IJN is not the same thing as “In Jesus Name”. A word is enough for the wise. Share if you believe
https://www.facebook.com/bishopjoshua.ajayi/posts/861338787336293
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by mcpat(m): 8:13am On Jul 23, 2017
Sunglass20:
I have once said this before on fb, any prayer you use IJN...sorry, it cant be answered coz JESUS does not understand that. Please, JESUS is not our mate, let us treat Him with every respect. IJN ko, In judas name ni!

Personal Assistant to Jesus

Special Adviser to Jesus on prayer request

Jesus personal ATS software

I greet you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by bighugelongDCK9: 8:14am On Jul 23, 2017
i dont do all that church shittt, but i must say you nigerians are annoying. tey abrreviate things annoyingly
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nedfed(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2017
BroZuma:
grin grin grin grin
What funny in dis?
I no you will still type/repeat it.

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by ademijuwonlo(f): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2017
I am alwz scared to abbreviate In Jesus' name..... my spirit alwz tells me that it is wrong and disrespectful to Christ name.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nightking04(m): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2017
IpobExposed:
IPOB MUST FAIL happy Sunday all
Bros, even today that is Sunday?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 23, 2017
Nedfed:

What funny in dis?
I no you will still type/repeat it.

And how did you get to that conclusion Mr Bar Jesus?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Toks2008(m): 8:46am On Jul 23, 2017
Interesting....but I wrote a more explicit thread and I have quoted bro lalasticlala several times to bring it to the open but whosai. ..https://www.nairaland.com/2973006/which-most-ideal-use-ijnin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by feelgoodInc: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2017
hold up, are you talking about yeshua?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by abbeyty(m): 8:57am On Jul 23, 2017
What is wrong with IJN ? Why do we always take anything that has to do with religious so seriously in this part of the world? even a foreign religious for that matter. l believe if Jesus himself is alive to today his reply to whoever ends his or her prayer with IJN would be YPHBA (your prayer has been answered)

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by jodeburna: 8:58am On Jul 23, 2017
Where in d bible did God give him that name Jesus,abi Emmanuel has to turned to Jesus,please study the bible please,a young woman will bear a son and he will called immanual,Joseph name him Jesus not God,please people study the bible we are making a mistake,when God told Zachariah he will name the child John did he change it
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2017
kocvalour:
This must reach Front Page IN JESUS NAME

like if you love JESUS

share if you believe in him
What's with the condition
The quest for likes and shares though undecided
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by CDCEO001: 9:11am On Jul 23, 2017
Thank for this! I posted about the same thing on my facebook wall some years back, is just so annoying. You spend minutes/hours typing prayer and you end it with IJN, It does not make any sense.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by elantraceey(f): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2017
OneSentence:
hi
Hello
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Robynwelo1(f): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2017
Sunglass20:
I have once said this before on fb, any prayer you use IJN...sorry, it cant be answered coz JESUS does not understand that. Please, JESUS is not our mate, let us treat Him with every respect. IJN ko, In judas name ni!

Jesus is not dumb...if he can hear peoples prayers from their hearts then he can understand abbreviations. Who even told you Jesus was what he was called...It is only the English form of his Hebrew name because Joshua, yeshua, Isah, Jesus they all mean the same thing. For the sake of powerful name and respect call him the name his parents/God gave him....Yeshua. Emmanuel is even acceptable.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by realmindz: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2017
weather ijn or in jesus name. That Jew is dead and gone. you guys should focus on developing your third world country
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Jbenue: 9:34am On Jul 23, 2017
Very stupid thread. Who told you that the man from Nazareth was answering Jesus when he was on earth? Was it not Yehoshua which if u want to be pedantic we should call him Joshua. So what difference does it make if you abbreviate what is already a wrong translation
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Sunglass20(f): 9:47am On Jul 23, 2017
cosxzbay:

Just kidding, but what's fb? and coz... truly its not a problem of biblical misunderstanding but almost certainly a problem of unnecessary abbreviation of common English words.!

Agreed, if we abbreviate everything, not things about GOD. For me, i treat GOD the way i want Him to treat me.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by orunto27: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2017
In the beginning was The WORD, IJN and all Its Google interpretations inclusive, and The WORD was God.
God, Himself, decodes every WORD from The Heart, His Throne and Tabernacle in you if you are Born Again. So don't worry about nothing, 'cos Worry is a sin.
Happy Sunday!!!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by brightalo17: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2017
I'm guilty ,I go just wait and see those girls on my whatsapp and fb using that IJN again on me.na me and them from now on.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by egopersonified(f): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2017
someone just typed on this thread that Jesus doesn't understand ijn. Like we and the devil are getting wiser but Christ isn't. May wisdom fall on you ijn.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by CanadianNurse: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2017
Sunglass20:
as personal assistant to Jesus abi? You know which prayer will not be answered! You even know what Jesus understands and what he doesn't understand

Continue!!

As for op, some things are situational

Character count is a characteristics of some messaging apps

Are you saying deaf and dumb people can't pray together using sign language?

Say our Lord's Prayer that Jesus himself taught....quote me when you find "in Jesus name " inside

God knows our intent so please stop making rules when we have not obeyed 10 commandments finish

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by gustav25: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2017
NIGERIANS!!! most religious imbeciles in the globe yet no major improvement in their lives .....you guys should continue developing in a backward manner

i dont have much to type

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by kocvalour(m): 10:28am On Jul 23, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:
What's with the condition The quest for likes and shares though undecided
is it ur like?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 23, 2017
elantraceey:

Hello
u know who this is?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by elantraceey(f): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2017
OneSentence:
u know who this is?

Brume??
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by IRIEBOY(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2017
labanji:
IJN- Imperial Japanese Navy

What has the abbreviation got to do with the price of garri in the market.

Africans now practise the colonial/white man's religion- Xtianity than even the founders, Yet no development in the Continent.

Rubbish!
GBAM.. who Christianity help.. The whites wey introduce am to us don dey leave am slowly while we Africans are high on it but yet na we suffer pass..

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by praise1705(f): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2017
Op what happened to the name YESHUA?

how come about the name jesus?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Pataricatering(f): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2017
Jesus understands when you babble incoherently when you speak in tongues but does not understand English abbreviations ? Lol
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by harmonydoris(f): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2017
elantraceey:
I'm still yet to understand what's so difficult in just typing 'In Jesus name'.
its spiritual laziness and lack of wisdom to discern

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Boy Who Turned 12 On 12/12/12 Labelled Anti Christ / Is Eating In A Dream Necessarily Bad? / Should We Stop Giving Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.