Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN (20096 Views)

Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / What Is The Meaning Of IJN? / WHY YOU SHOULD STOP THE USE OF IJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by harmonydoris(f): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2017
deeway200:
haba! see belief. I am disappointed with u op. This is just an abbreviation. Nothing else. so far ' ijn' means ' in Jesus name' ,I see nothing wrong in it
please can you prove to me that ijn means the same as in Jesus name Even Google didn't see them as same.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by harmonydoris(f): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2017
Fame333:
Fanatic shocked sighted
explain.....
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 23, 2017
harmonydoris:
explain.....

Abbreviation is an abbreviation

Stop misleading people in the wrong way that looks right in your own eye.

Focus your fanatic energy(if there is) in making sure that d "order" didn't take Christianity away from Nigeria.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2017
harmonydoris:
explain.....

Abbreviation is an abbreviation and nothing more to it

Focus your fanatic energy (if there is) in ensuring that d "order" didn't take away Christianity from Nigeria.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Herrmes: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Africa will continue wallowing in the dark untill we drop our religiosity.
The South is filled to the brim with churches, the North is bedecked with mosque...

yet in the South you find Christian spewing so much hate, you find churches telling Christians to kill Moslems, when Jesus told us time and again to love our enemies and do good to those who hate us.
Also, The Bible warns against making undue profit but Christians want to make triple profit at a blow.

in the North, You find se malam propagating hate... Islam preaches love too.
furthermore, up there you find very few rich elite surrounded by lots of poor people... the only try to buy cartons of indomie, once in 3yrs to take pics for online likes, just to say they are giving to the poor.
when they could better pick some kids off the street to fend for...
or could try making it possible for them to be in school so as to harness their full potential.

but no, we don't do any, we spend days fasting, and praying, for Nigeria to get better.
The Dark age, was the period were people were too religious in the west, it was after people broke free from the chain of religion, when scientist tried taking control of their destiniez and finding answers to their problem, rada than fasting and praying for them to go away... that prosperity came to the west and the world at large.... Look at the very Religious Middle East, and look at the Secular west... you need no one to tell u the damage religion can wrought on us.
for obvious reasons, thee Age after the religiously beclouded Dark age is called.. "THE AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT"

Africans ! Nigerians,! We need to be enlightened, we need to start thinking on how we could solve some of our many problems, and not on how someone writing "IJN" instead of In Jesus Name... will bring him some bad luck...
Nobody owes poor people anything, stop preaching bullsh!t.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by jimoholuyemi3(m): 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Definition of IJN

IJN

interjection

acronym for "in Jesus's name."
See more words with the same meaning: acronyms (list of).
See more words with the same meaning: religion (related to).
Last edited on Jan 25 2011. Submitted by Anonymous on Jan 25 2011.
noun - uncountable

World War II acronym for "Imperial Japanese Navy".
See more words with the same meaning: acronyms (list of).
See more words with the same meaning: military (related to).
Last edited on Jan 25 2011. Submitted by Dick Wright-Upham from Wellington, New Zealand on Jan 25 2011.
+ Add a definition for this slang term

Tweet
More info:

Interactive stats:

R
Related words
Usage
Vulgarity
SlangMap
Related words

Slang terms with the same meaning

Other terms relating to 'acronyms (list of)':

FLS
Definitions include: acronym for "feel like shit".
NSFA
Definitions include: acronym for "not safe for anyone".
EVOO
Definitions include: acronym for "extra virgin olive oil".
WASP
Definitions include: acronym for "White Anglo-Saxon Protestant."
LMFAO
Definitions include: acronym for "laughing my fucking ass off".
FBI
Definitions include: acronym for "Female Body Inspector".
TT4N
Definitions include: "ta-ta for now", i.e. "goodbye for now."
LDR
Definitions include: acronym for "long-distance relationship".
AFAICT
Definitions include: acronym for "as far as I can tell".
mte
Definitions include: Acronym for "My Thoughts Exactly".
BSOD
Definitions include: acronym for "blue screen of death."
TFW
Definitions include: acronym for "that feeling when".
BBIAB
Definitions include: acronym for "be back in a bit", i.e. "I will return in a short amount of time."
KO
Definitions include: acronym for "knock out."
nad
Definitions include: acronym for "new amplifier day".
(show 656 more)
Other terms relating to 'military (related to)':

zero dark thirty
Definitions include: a very late - or very early - time of the day.
REMF
Definitions include: acronym for "rear-echelon mother fucker".
pow
Definitions include: fresh, deep, uncut snow.
Air Farce
Definitions include: pejorative term for an Air Force.
MIA
Definitions include: acronym for "missing in action".
gunny
Definitions include: nickname for a Gunnery Sargent in the United States Marine Corps.
tango down
Definitions include: "a target has been injured or killed" or "a terrorist has been injured or killed."
no joy
Definitions include: "unsuccessful".
boot
Definitions include: to vomit
milsurp
Definitions include: "military surplus".
brass, the
Definitions include: the police.
'nam
Definitions include: the Vietnam War.
Chair Force
Definitions include: pejorative nickname of the US Air Force.
snafu
Definitions include: Acronym for "situation normal, all bleeped up."
JANFU
Definitions include: acronym for "Joint Army [and] Navy Bleep-up", i.e. a large mistake caused by both the Army and the Navy.
(show 11 more)
Other terms relating to 'religion (related to)':

bible thumper
Definitions include: disparaging term for an enthusiastic religious believer.
carrot snapper
Definitions include: a Mormon.
pray to J
Definitions include: "pray to Jesus".
Xianity
Definitions include: Christianity.
Xian
Definitions include: Christian.
Bible-thumping
Definitions include: promoting Christianity.
WASPy
Definitions include: relating to a WASP.
45 minute Catholic
Definitions include: a person who practices the virtues of Catholicism for the duration of the mass (roughly 45 minutes) but not for the remainder of the week.
FML
Definitions include: acronym for "Bleep my life."
WASP
Definitions include: acronym for "White Anglo-Saxon Protestant."
sky daddy
Definitions include: God.
grilled Cheesus
Definitions include: the image of Jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich.
religitard
Definitions include: a person who regards or treats people who are not of their own religion with with hatred and intolerance.
chreaster
Definitions include: a person who only attends church only on Christmas and Easter.
preach to the choir
Definitions include: to attempt to
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
elantraceey:

Brume??
who's Brume?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by LoveJesus87(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
elantraceey:
I'm still yet to understand what's so difficult in just typing 'In Jesus name'.
na credit my sister. For dis buhari economy, people dey manage credit. If d message enter 2 pages na double money be dat so out of ignorance dem just... grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by elantraceey(f): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
OneSentence:
who's Brume?

Hmmm... why did you create a new account?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by nurusystem(m): 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
I think you need to know that even the name JESUS was fabricated from YESHUA, JOSHUA, ISA classically. So those calling JESUS are making mistakes,
Let assume YESHUA (JESUS) return and you are shouting is English and edited name JESUS CHRIST, JESUS CHRIST he never answer you, he will rather turn to you and ask you who are you shouting at. Because that was not is name, is mother never called or name him JESUS and he never prayed in is own name, rather the name of the Father who sent him. Thank you so much for your efforts.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by jakD: 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
iamnlia:
grin

I think one of the teachings of religion interprets that no matter the form of prayer, the god being prayed to will understand your heart desires. So using IJN doesn't matter, if you think of it as bad then you can as well say that people who never voice out prayers are wasting their time.

But can you abbreviate when writing formal letter like an application for job?
If you're scared to do that, why should you be ridiculing the ONLY son of the most high God?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by jakD: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
nurusystem:
I think you need to know that even the name JESUS was fabricated from YESHUA, JOSHUA, ISA classically. So those calling JESUS are making mistakes,
Let assume YESHUA (JESUS) return and you are shouting is English and edited name JESUS CHRIST, JESUS CHRIST he never answer you, he will rather turn to you and ask you who are you shouting at. Because that was not is name, is mother never called or name him JESUS and he never prayed in is own name, rather the name of the Father who sent him. Thank you so much for your efforts.

I have to seriously believe you are never a Christian or possibly the type that never listened to the word of God nor attempted opening the Holy Bible.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by HiddenManna(m): 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
IJN?! What is IJN?!

I am surprised and dismayed at our apparent lack of discerning and spiritual understanding.
In our quest for quick life and quick ways of doing things, we have adopted the microwave mentality to using the name of Jesus.

We have allowed the fast life to becloud the spiritual importance and meaning of calling the name JESUS and by our apparent lack of discernment and understanding which has replaced the Mighty , Earth Shaken and Miracle Inspiring Declaration “In the Name of Jesus” with “IJN” .

What is IJN ?Take time to google the abbreviation “IJN” and see what it throws up.

Have you taken time to ponder about this? : We take time to write lengthy prayers on social media and end such prayers with IJN. If you can take time to type the prayers, what stops you from typing out in full the name and the power that will bring life and answer to such prayers. Have you ever seen a traditionalist abbreviate the names of their gods in incantations or write-ups? People of God, let's wake up. The enemy is winning the battle of the mind. Remove the name of JESUS from every prayer and such prayer becomes worthless.

The name JESUS: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things on earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father “ (Philippians 2:9-11). It is this same name we are trying to render inconsequential by abbreviation. The name that Opens a Door and no one can close. The name that Conquered principalities and powers; the name that death bowed to; is what we are trivializing. May GOD show us MERCY IN JESUS NAME!
This was the same way the enemy has made the “Christ” in Christmas irrelevant by subtle replacing it with X to make Xmas, and we do not take it to heart. I was shocked to also discover that GOD is now being abbreviated as “G”. When do we stop all these nonsense?

This is a wakeup call. There is Power Mighty in the name of JESUS. Let’s Celebrate and broadcast that name . Let's obtain the available Victory in that name. Don’t allow the enemy to subdue and weaken the power of the name through the social media. Shout it loud from the room top. Jesus is LORD Forever and Ever! Stop abbreviating His Name. . . IJN is not the same thing as “In Jesus Name”. A word is enough for the wise. Share if you believe
https://www.facebook.com/bishopjoshua.ajayi/posts/861338787336293

A very good eye-opener and an impeccable Write-up. We are. In the end times & for that matter, the world is evolving, knowledge has risen with her wings on humanity. This is one of the devil's tool. The devil has implemented methods and misled people to the extent of deceiving humanity on bringing that name; 'IJN.' Meanwhile, since there is power in the name of Jesus to bring down strongholds of the enemy, the devil has deceived people on using the name 'IJN' via texts or words of mouth in prayer(which would seemingly have no effect than the candid one "In Jesus' Name."

Hitherto, I now understand that 'X'mas is the cross of Crucifixion inverted as the 'X' sign to represent 'Christ.' But still, I do not still discern mass.

Thank you for sharing this. I think a Holy Spirit-filled person or an anointed person of God would have gotten an inspiration from God or led by the spirit to write this for the benefit of others. People will only get deceived and deceiving others that there's nothing wrong with 'IJN' instead of '"In Jesus' Name"

2Timothy3:13; But evil men and seducers(deceivers) shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
elantraceey:

Hmmm... why did you create a new account?
lol...u got me. the old one was full of things I didn't like. hope u gud...
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by iamnlia(m): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
jakD:

But can you abbreviate when writing formal letter like an application for job?
If you're scared to do that, why should you be ridiculing the ONLY son of the most high God?

Interpretation is key....
The holy book tells you that god hears everything and sees everything which means that what really matters is your heart desires and not if you type the prayer in all caps.

Formal letter gives you the freedom of imagination to express yourself but forbids you from using abbreviations because of set down rules.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by abodundef: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
This is noted

For your quality customized exercise notebooks 20,40,60,80 leaves plz 08023332733
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by lordcenred(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
I dont see any reason y some1 wud use IJN in apart 4rm wen sending sms which has limited alphabetic characters
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Temidayo9(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
iamnlia:
grin

I think one of the teachings of religion interprets that no matter the form of prayer, the god being prayed to will understand your heart desires. So using IJN doesn't matter, if you think of it as bad then you can as well say that people who never voice out prayers are wasting their time.
God bless you. The OP has idolized the name of Jesus.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by RomeoEmpire(m): 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
Some people call it swags or they want to show everyone they know much on abbreviation ... May God forgive us all In Jesus Name.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Mydazz(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
It is not an irony at the most chritianised countries in the world are top ranking in the list of underdevelopment,...... So you think what Jesus is bothered about is IJN issue. I'm not disappointed in this post because an average Christian reasons this way. When reading a post or prayer that says IJN, do you read the abbreviations or say what it means, cos the latter is what matters.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by nurusystem(m): 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
jakD:

I have to seriously believe you are never a Christian or possibly the type that never listened to the word of God nor attempted opening the Holy Bible.

Your Bible translator has J sickness, they translate Yeshua to JESUS to make it sound like foreign, yohana to John,they succeded in Yeshua to JOSHUA,Is a pity you don't know many of the prophet real name and you are shouting it. Sorry to ask you are you a Christian or anioted one.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Habeyy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
iamnlia:
grin

thank you my bro, does it matter the language,God doesn't work with language or abbreviation,he works with your mind cos thats where faith and beliefs reside I can only compare all the people commenting to Pharisees
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
kocvalour:

is it ur like?
grin Oya nor vex grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by MFMRevivalist: 8:51pm On May 21, 2020
In Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by ABOVEDELAW: 7:29am On May 22, 2020
ARE YOU JESUS OR ARE YOU THE ONE BEING PRAYED TO? WHO MADE YOU JESUS SPOKE'S MOUTH. I AM HAPPY THAT GOD IS NOT A MAN , OUR MINDS ARE VERY WICKED AND DIRTY. WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE FOR GOD WHICH PRAYERS TO ANSWER AND THE ONES NOT TO ANSWER?
Sunglass20:
I have once said this before on fb, any prayer you use IJN...sorry, it cant be answered coz JESUS does not understand that. Please, JESUS is not our mate, let us treat Him with every respect. IJN ko, In judas name ni!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Amujale(m): 11:29am On Aug 27, 2020
MFMRevivalist:
In Jesus Name, Amen.

You cannot pray in Jesus name to Amen.

Why?

Due to the fact that Jesus is a fictitious character that never existed whilst Amen was plagiarised out of Africans intellectual property.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Amujale(m): 11:38am On Aug 27, 2020
Yes I totally agree that using the abbreviation ijn MUST stop due to the fact that the Jesus character doesn’t exist.

Jesus was an invention of first century Romans.

Jesus is a fake god.

These are the reasons one should desist from making use of these type of nonsensical and malicious terminologies.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Amujale(m): 11:56am On Aug 27, 2020
For instance, I respond to these type of threads in the name of the real and proper Gods - The African Gods are the only true and proper ones.

As in, Ela is a real God.

Ogun is God.

Osun is God.

Sango is God.

Yemoja is God

Sopona is a god.

Jesus is a fake god.

Not to be conflated with the Almighty God.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Boy Who Turned 12 On 12/12/12 Labelled Anti Christ / Is Eating In A Dream Necessarily Bad? / Should We Stop Giving Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.