Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. (12541 Views)

If I Miss Church Make Coronavirus Kill Me - Nigerian Man (photos) / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2017
swiz123:
There has been heavy rainfall since yesterday till this Sunday morning.Me and my family members are devouted Catholics.Since the rain doesn't look like it would be stopping any moment from now,we have resolved not to go to 6am or 8am mass.Now,what if we attend 'living churches' like assemblies of God church,christ embassy, mountain of fire, RCCG;that have one church service section,would it be understandable to miss church because of rainfall.
CC:lalasticlala,mynd44
Please mods, move this piece to fp for broader audience and opinions
get drowned and make headlines.. The pope will honor ur generations as matyrs..
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Ficeo(m): 8:11am On Jul 23, 2017
I was a Catholic. I was once Like you. When I found out that salvation and been a practical Christian is what matters and not church, I retraced my steps.
You should have a Catholic devotional book for mass. Turn to today's mass Readings and read. If you have the right to pray for somebody who is about to die in the absence of a priest according to your doctrine, my dear, you can as well pray for yourself and conduct a mass at home with your family.
Lastly, there is no church in heaven. On judgement day, you are without the so called church.

1 Like

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Timothyoj(m): 8:13am On Jul 23, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
What the hell is wrong with Africans. If you don't feel safe or comfortable going, sit down in your house.must pastors,dogmas and culture tell you what to do in every little decision of your life and actions.you have senses and intuition. Use it
These points are very key, our God is not a God of flesh. He knows those who are His.. .
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by memory123(m): 8:13am On Jul 23, 2017
This rain is every where. It has been falling here in the ancient city of Ikot Ekpene in Akwa ibom state. No movement! indoor mode!
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Darlington120(m): 8:13am On Jul 23, 2017
do u miss work during heavy rain fall, ask ursef DAT question and u will get d ans u r looking for.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by hammedah001(m): 8:16am On Jul 23, 2017
it is not in anywhere in the Bible that you should go to church follow the teaching of the Bible and not the church
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by olowobaba10: 8:17am On Jul 23, 2017
THAT'S A BIG LIE, JESUS ATTENDED SYNAGOGUE
PrecisionFx:

Jesus never stepped into a church until he died...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Timothyoj(m): 8:18am On Jul 23, 2017
Darlington120:
do u miss work during heavy rain fall, ask ursef DAT question and u will get d ans u r looking for.
Bro your place of work is your means of daily bread and where you feed your family. That's the only place you get money if you don't have multiple income. But the Church is everywhere even inside of you, God knows those who are His.
He will direct our path rightly, do have a pleasant weekdays ahead.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nedfed(m): 8:19am On Jul 23, 2017
Makamuanwuo:
abeg i need help ooo....since dis year my legs never enter inside church,i dnt knw hw to over come dis prblm of not going to church.am hv a serious issue with my brother bcoz of these.pls help me

Bros na the work of ur village people ooo.
Dey are following u day and night.
All you need is a deliverance from a strong anointed men of God.

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by savagechukwu: 8:19am On Jul 23, 2017
Ficeo:
I was a Catholic. I was once Like you. When I found out that salvation and been a practical Christian is what matters and not church, I retraced my steps.
You should have a Catholic devotional book for mass. Turn to today's mass Readings and read. If you have the right to pray for somebody who is about to die in the absence of a priest according to your doctrine, my dear, you can as well pray for yourself and conduct a mass at home with your family.
Lastly, there is no church in heaven. On judgement day, you are without the so called church.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by sirfee(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2017
IpobExposed:
hmm.

I dedicate this Nairaland to God. for them to keep putting Christian things on front page every Sunday is lovely.

The growth of Nairaland will never cease.

And the enemies of Nairaland like Liepods will be shut down.

They formed Biafrasay.com but God is still pushing seun and Nairaland.

God bless all able mods. Good morning all. I will report later to my duty
Did Jesus/Yeshua post offensive words and fake news to the world.I'm a westerner but I'm always ashamed of your comments and topics because you are a bigot.

"Alagabagebe"
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by iamtardey: 8:27am On Jul 23, 2017
for me YES
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by crunchyg: 8:29am On Jul 23, 2017
swiz123:
There has been heavy rainfall since yesterday till this Sunday morning.Me and my family members are devouted Catholics.Since the rain doesn't look like it would be stopping any moment from now,we have resolved not to go to 6am or 8am mass.Now,what if we attend 'living churches' like assemblies of God church,christ embassy, mountain of fire, RCCG;that have one church service section,would it be understandable to miss church because of rainfall.
CC:lalasticlala,mynd44
Please mods, move this piece to fp for broader audience and opinions
Should you miss work because of rain?
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by GasAndOilTheory(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2017
blackylola:
Jesus preached in the synagogue, go and read your Bible
THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SYNAGOGUE AND A CHURCH... AND MOST IMPORTANTLY JESUS WAS A JUDAIST.,. so the guy is %100 right
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Funbeard: 8:36am On Jul 23, 2017
is this even a question? the church service you miss today does not mean eternal damnation. equally, the service you don't miss does not guarantee salvation. shikena

1 Like

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Wisebisho: 8:40am On Jul 23, 2017
loomer:
You no even call yourself born again. Na devoted Catholic member you be.

Y u dey waste you time go church
Everyone is a born again( once you have left ur former way 4 a new way)
But not everyone is born with water and the holy spirit which will make you be like christlike
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by luvlymabel: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2017
heavy rain fall on you.....
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by aduwak: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2017
Abeg no. Think of the rain as showers of blessings....
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by mrwonlasewonie: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2017
Timothyoj:

These points are very key, our God is not a God of flesh. He knows those who are His.. .
whatever that means. I don't even get your point but what I do know is a physical building doesn't equate a church aka house of God.

A place where there are a bunch of low key malice keepers,bickering peeps,sychophants,rivalries,gossiping, slandering, in house adultery etc cannot be said to be a house of God

Anywhere there's GENUINE PEACE AND LOVE,NOT EYE SERVICE OR FACE VALUE KIND OF LOVE,PURE LOVE WITHOUT MOTIVES WHILST WORSHIPPING GOD TOGETHER AS REAL FAMILIES SHOULD IS CALLED A HOUSR OF WORSHIP.

therefore I can be indoors in my house worshiping God,doesn't make those who go to physical church any less better worshippers of God than me that sat at home
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2017
I even do miss church because of hungry talk more of rain
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by okenwaa(m): 8:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Only when u understand the things of the spirit........
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by ybalogs(m): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2017
Sniper12:
What shall it profit a man to get swept off by flood, fence or electrocuted by naked wire and still end up in hell
NOTHING
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2017
To me I can't enter a heavy rain cos I want to go to church and come back with a cold.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by babyfaceafrica: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
whatever that means. I don't even get your point but what I do know is a physical building doesn't equate a church aka house of God.

A place where there are a bunch of low key malice keepers,bickering peeps,sychophants,rivalries,gossiping, slandering, in house adultery etc cannot be said to be a house of God

Anywhere there's GENUINE PEACE AND LOVE,NOT EYE SERVICE OR FACE VALUE KIND OF LOVE,PURE LOVE WITHOUT MOTIVES WHILST WORSHIPPING GOD TOGETHER AS REAL FAMILIES SHOULD IS CALLED A HOUSR OF WORSHIP.

therefore I can be indoors in my house worshiping God,doesn't make those who go to physical church any less better worshippers of God than me that sat at home
you and the person are saying the same thing....read carefully

1 Like

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by ikevictor: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus never stepped into a church until he died...

Chai! Pastor Precision
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Elcuba: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2017
You will go to hell if you miss church because of rain.

John 3 vs 16

Thou shall not miss church because of rain!

undecided angry
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Edehsman(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2017
I think is No.Because rain is doing his own work, rain is praising God at the same time.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by nkpommpko(m): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2017
swiz123:
are you an atheist?
i am a Christian with understanding.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by emperorchedda(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2017
Rorachy:
To me I can't enter a heavy rain cos I want to go to church and come back with a cold.
I didnt get your mail
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2017
Phi001:

The equivalent of a church...

Don't come and start bringing in technicality, that's a very weak argument...

So ur also saying that a Mosque is the equivalent to a church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Self-Confessed Criminals And False Pastors Sell CDs ? / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice / MFM G.O ,dr DK Olukoya And His Wife Celebrate Their Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.