Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. (12539 Views)

If I Miss Church Make Coronavirus Kill Me - Nigerian Man (photos) / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Makamuanwuo(m): 9:39am On Jul 23, 2017
Nedfed:

Bros na the work of ur village people ooo.
Dey are following u day and night.
All you need is a deliverance from a strong anointed men of God.
bro i need solution to my problem.even my girl don talk tire,every sunday morning my mood wil change not to talk to anybody.i need delivery
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2017
klassykute:
what is a synagogue na reffered to? B4 u say shii dat its not church know dat it was after Jesus died his followers were called CHRIST LIKE. Now Christian...and the were mandated to preach, if u start lookin at d bible the name church came into being after christ died. A church is d house of God just like Jesus said the synahogue is d house of God and of prayer but not a market place... so Jesus was in a church.

A synagogue is different from a church, The Israelites till 23rd July 2017 still worship in synagogue, Christians on the other hand worship in church.

Jesus was in a synagogue, Not church.

I say it again -

Jesus never stepped into a church till he died.

Jesus was never a Christian.

Jesus never instructed any of his disciples to start a new religion with his name.

Jesus simply died n his followers invented a new religion immediately he went to heaven

Jesus never read the Bible till he died.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2017
one4GOD:
He did. then it was called synagogue and not church. so don't misinform people. but to the OP missing church does not make you any less a devoted Christian neither does regular attendance make you any more a devoted one. what matters is your relationship with God and man and how you conduct your your life. attending church is just one if the instructions of Paul to Christians and this is to keep you in fellowship with one another. thanks.

It was called a synagogue then and it's still called synagogue till this day, the Israelites worship there, they are not Christians...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2017
olowobaba10:
THAT'S A BIG LIE, JESUS ATTENDED SYNAGOGUE

Yes, he attended synagogue, not church. Jesus practiced jewism...Judaism.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2017
ikevictor:

Chai! Pastor Precision

Fx
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Makamuanwuo(m): 9:46am On Jul 23, 2017
obyrich:
Tell us your location.
itire-ikate ijeshatedo lagos by sanusi street.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Phi001(m): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

So you're also saying that a Mosque is the equivalent to a church
To muslims, it is...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by iammolise(m): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2017
There's no place that prayer, suplication and praise&worship can't be heard. God is omnipresent, stay in your house, do your worship in sincerity, holly and true.

"what shall it profit u if after being drenched by the rain, u still got to church after the service has ended"
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Makamuanwuo(m): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2017
Youngetskilz23:
my own na 2 years grin cheesy
bro i better pass u ooo,but after all church is not salvation.enwere ndi ji uka eme njoo
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Phi001(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

A synagogue is different from a church, The Israelites till 23rd July 2017 still worship in synagogue, Christians on the other hand worship in church.

Jesus was in a synagogue, Not church.

I say it again -

Jesus never stepped into a church till he died.

Jesus was never a Christian.

Jesus never instructed any of his disciples to start a new religion with his name.

Jesus simply died and his followers invented a new religion immediately he went to heaven

Jesus never read the Bible till he died.

Jesus went to a synagogue...

Of course, Jesus wasn't a Christian, he can't emulate himself...

Jesus told his disciples to spread the good news and they did...He did tell Peter to build a church. "Your name shall be called Cephas, and on this rock, I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it..."

Christians didn't create a new religion, they were merely spreading the gospel. People started calling the Christians because they acted Christ-like...

Jesus read the old testament part of the Bible...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Phi001(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2017
This rain sha...

Just when I thought it had stopped...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by obyrich(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2017
Makamuanwuo:
itire-ikate ijeshatedo lagos by sanusi street.
A helper will locate you.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2017
Phi001:

Jesus went to a synagogue...

Of course, Jesus wasn't a Christian, he can't emulate himself...

Jesus told his disciples to spread the good news and they did...He did tell Peter to build a church. "Your name shall be called Cephas, and on this rock, I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it..."

Christians didn't create a new religion, they were merely spreading the gospel. People started calling the Christians because they acted Christ-like...

Jesus read the old testament part of the Bible...

""He did tell Peter to build a church""

Think deeply about this statement.

Then. pick up ur Bible n read verses before it and after it.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Mightyjohn11(m): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2017
modelmike7:
Rain, Fire, Thunder, lightning ; I WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE!
..i de ur back wink[b][/b]
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Phi001(m): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

""He did tell Peter to build a church""

Think deeply about this statement.

Then. pick up your Bible n read verses before it and after it.
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”…

I did you one better...I posted the preceding and succeeding verses for all to see...

He's basically told Peter to build the church...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by skedman(m): 10:18am On Jul 23, 2017
Kennitrust:
should we enter the church with our clothes sock

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Ezionye(f): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2017
OP I can see ur subtle deriding of other denominations u mentioned there.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Generalyemi(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus never stepped into a church until he died...
liar. go n study ur Bible
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Phi001:

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”…

I did you one better...I posted the preceding and succeeding verses for all to see...

He's basically told Peter to build the church...

Good.
Now go and find which word they removed n replaced it with church wen the Bible was converted from Greek to English... just like Yeshua conversion... The word church is an English word, nothing more.

Translation is everything.

Now If ur hell bent on doing what jesus did, why don't u start going to church 4 times a year Cuz they only go to the synagogue 4 tines a year, to celebrate feasts
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by kechywillz(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
We take things of God less interesting,what happens when it rains heavily and you have an exam by 8 am in the morning or when you have a boss who expects you to get to the office before 7:30am or he sanctions you for negligence. I almost missed going to church this morning but these were what I thought, God really wanted to know those who are faithful to him,he stopped the rain early by 7am to 9pm so that you wouldn't have an excuse for not going at all. Despite while going back it rained and I was beaten by the rain and I didn't die. God bless those of you who defied the weather to worship him today
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by captain247: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
I targeted the rain as soon it subsided a little I stepped out to church cause I didn't attend midweek service so I must not miss Sunday service.

But in situations where you're unable to attend church service either due to rainfall or you're offshore or whatever that will take u away from service just remember to Keep the Sabbath day Holy. You can worship God from anywhere so long that day is kept holy as instructed.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by ewosk: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
Would you miss Work because of heavy rain....

Would you miss that interview because of heavy rain...

Twice i wrote post UTME, and Twice it rained heavily, twice i was drenched to the hall, so why should i miss service because of rain,
What shall separate us from the love of Christ
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Focused2day: 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
The early believers didn't only gather in the church building to worship God...they worshipped Him in their homes too......so you can worship him in your home...God is omnipresent.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by donjj2004: 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
I am a Winner, I treaked yesterday from Abia hotels to MCC under rain with my heavy hand bag then today, a spirit was telling me to sleep nobody can query me but I remembered vividly what happened yesterday and decided to go to Church under the heavy rain. Remember, the Bible said "Train up a child in the way he will go and when he grow, he won't depart from it" I represent a Winner. Happy new week friends...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by sheDD(m): 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus never stepped into a church until he died...
wot is this one saying?
z obvious u don't listen in your CRK class
"why did d pple want to push Jesus from d peak of the mountain??
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
sheDD:
wot is this one saying?
z obvious u don't listen in your CRK class
"why did d pple want to push Jesus from d peak of the mountain??

A synagogue is not a. church....

Christians go to church every Sunday in honor of the Sun God(A Pagan God) of the Roman empire.

In Judaism, Adherents go to the synagogue 4 times a year, to celebrate feasts.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by MarilynNash(f): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
swiz123:
There has been heavy rainfall since yesterday till this Sunday morning.Me and my family members are devouted Catholics.Since the rain doesn't look like it would be stopping any moment from now,we have resolved not to go to 6am or 8am mass.Now,what if we attend 'living churches' like assemblies of God church,christ embassy, mountain of fire, RCCG;that have one church service section,would it be understandable to miss church because of rainfall.

Please mods, move this piece to fp for broader audience and opinions
Why is living churches in quote? You're just here to mock other denominations and exalt your self righteousness.
Idiot
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Niflheim(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
@op,

Why endanger your life by going out during a heavy downpour? Unless you are related to a "monamantapan catfish", if not, I will advise you to stay at home!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Self-Confessed Criminals And False Pastors Sell CDs ? / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice / MFM G.O ,dr DK Olukoya And His Wife Celebrate Their Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.