Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 - Business (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (116042 Views)

Business Competition / YouWiN Beneficiaries Protest Unpaid Grants @Finance Ministry (Pics) / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
Infact,they have started sharing it right now.

Where exactly is your training?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
Training going on well in Alausa Ikeja center Lagos. It's been lively so far and no mention of grants.

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by linconel: 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
It has been clearly stated by Ministry of finance rep at PH training today that no grants just a soft loan. Everyone will defend their idea before a financier they will give to u, if u convince them, congrats...anybody from ongoing PH training can also speak up and confirm this...that settles the arguement. God bless us all, don't be discouraged, just keep on pressing for your best is yet to come, apparently 2019 campaign is more important to these politicians than youth empowerment...life goes on guys

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2018
ayusco85:
Training going on well in Alausa Ikeja center Lagos. It's been lively so far and no mention of grants.

Bro, are you in ostra hall?

Let's hook up
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
The youwin rep from NAIC said the program is divided into 2. Infrastructure and funding.

Infrastructure will be kicking off this year with Agriculture, Aquaculture, Shea butter. They will create training hubs for this and eventually help set it up for you......the land, fingerlings, pond, etc.

After the above, the next is the funding aspect for businesses. No grant. They have equity funding and debt. Just as they've explained it here earlier.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
pp802:

Bro, are you in ostra hall?

Let's hook up

Which one is ostra hall? It's imperial Hall biko
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2018
pp802:
The youwin rep from NAIC said the program is divided into 2. Infrastructure and funding.

Infrastructure will be kicking off this year with Agriculture, Aquaculture, Shea butter. They will create training hubs for this and eventually help set it up for you......the land, fingerlings, pond, etc.

After the above, the next is the funding aspect for businesses. No grant. They have equity funding and debt. Just as they've explained it here earlier.
whether equity funding, grant or loan the most important thing is to get money pumped to my business.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
ayusco85:

Which one is ostra hall? It's imperial Hall biko

Ostra hall is behind Imperial. The sloppy road beside Imperial hall
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
pp802:

Where exactly is your training?
Sorry,I was in Ostra hall
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
Participants in PH are planning protest right now. We have been told by the federal ministry of finance representative that YouWin will only connect us to financiers who shall give us soft loans if we scale through the whole process. Obviously, the purpose of YouWin established by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has been defeated. We will not agree with this....they must give us grants rather than loan.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by glyobed: 6:41am On Mar 22, 2018
If people in different location can be able to create a whatsapp group where we can discuss our next action it would be a good idea. We need to fight for it using any social media platform and this is our time.

I,m in Imperial Hall Alausa Lagos training centre
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2018
glyobed:
If people in different location can be able to create a whatsapp group where we can discuss our next action it would be a good idea. We need to fight for it using any social media platform and this is our time.

I,m in Imperial Hall Alausa Lagos training centre

I don't think we should adopt that means. Let's try to access the loan. Half bread is better than non
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 22, 2018
ayusco85:

I don't think we should adopt that means. Let's try to access the loan. Half bread is better than non

Sometimes half bread aggravates hunger. We are Nigerians and her immeasurable wealth belongs to us. I notice that we have become too use to hardship to the extent that we beg just to survive and accept things just the way they are as if they are orchestrated by God. The future is ours and now is the future! So-called x-militants receive nothing less than 120k monthly without doing anything . They fought by using guns and the government complied to their demand. The problem with this nation is that the literates are too relaxed, doing absolutely nothing about our problems , that's why the government can organise DPR recruiment only just to make it formal and then after give all the slots to those well to do guys. They gladly gave Npower to the masses because non of the national assembly members children will accept a job of 30k/month. It is not even enough for their tootpaste. The literates are still thinking that the government is doing them a favour. We just just need to have one mind

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Eticheddaz(m): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2018
Training has commenced in Jos Nigeria. Country home hotel. It's interesting here!
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 10:17am On Mar 22, 2018
prekumohtim:

Sometimes half bread aggravates hunger. We are Nigerians and her immeasurable wealth belongs to us. I notice that we have become too use to hardship to the extent that we beg just to survive and accept things just the way they are as if they are orchestrated by God. The future is ours and now is the future! So-called x-militants receive nothing less than 120k monthly without doing anything . They fought by using guns and the government complied to their demand. The problem with this nation is that the literates are too relaxed, doing absolutely nothing about our problems , that's why the government can organise DPR recruiment only just to make it formal and then after give all the slots to those well to do guys. They gladly gave Npower to the masses because non of the national assembly members children will accept a job of 30k/month. It is not even enough for their tootpaste. The literates are still thinking that the government is doing them a favour. We just just need to have one mind

You ve a point. You win has always been about grant not loan. Even last year winners were given grants not loan. We will not take it

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 10:46am On Mar 22, 2018
You have a point my brother. If other fellow graduates like us can access the money why will our own be an exemption. We need to convince government to see the main why she need to support us with money even if it will not exceed 5m
prekumohtim:

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by crudedude(m): 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
prekumohtim:

Are you saying no ordinary Nigerian got the DPR. Looked pretty transparent
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Greenaly: 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
so for those that finished the training programme today, i think i made a lot of sense when i wrote about youwin trying to mess us up. as i said i am not in a rush and i just want us to put heads together. youwin connect gave us power to defeat them. i feel if we put all they taught us we can turn them into mess. first of all the training was very educative, but to be frank not everyone needed the lecture, but capital to expand period. now as i said earlier, something went wrong somewhere in d plan. of what use is a training without a financial tool. they promise to give us mentors, where are they? now let me remind us in my own opinion why we just cant let them mess us up. one thing connect us all, and its called BUSINESS. just a recap, we read like machines, yet they cancelled the first exam, we read again did exams, crazy scoring techniques. remember we burnt data, at that point there was fuel scarcity, PHCN was doing their own, network was very poor. yet we had breakthrough and we won. not as if that was not enough they told us to abandon our businesses for 3 good days, transportation , shelter, security, travelling risk, safety risk was 100% on us. just to come receive training that youwin would have just done online. becos to me the online courses were even more effective in delivery aside from one on one networking. just to tell use no money. now, that its aquaculture and shea butter. and that 2.5 billion shared among everyone in SMEs. meaning we were jobless and youwin self does not trust the skills they are giving to use cos they cant risk it with FG money. instead people that did no exam , senators people, the extreme rich class with connection will now share the 2.5 billion naira. 5,000,000 naira multiplied by 5000 successful participant is 2.5 billion naira, something that just a politician will swallow. now we should return without any capital. i know education is never too much, but where did d 5 yrs in d university without capital lead to ? we re smart guys. pls lets open our inner eyes, do you know how many billions youwin connect will say they spend on this 3 days training (capacity building) ? what if they have giving everyone just 1m to test run. now campaign will come we will begin to hear things like 2billion naira was spent on 5000 participant on capacity building. is this what they said is better than goodluck youwin. lolz. i am just writing out my mind. i am not here to fight anyone nor condemn anyone, and honestly i will keep quiet if anyone tries to attack me on this. cos i will never be rude to anyone here. all i need is for us to work as a team and create Anti-youwin connect platform. let us destroy them through the social media.lets be real here kemi adeosun might not even hear a thing about how we rejected what her officials said, neither will there be any feedback. but social media will do a lot. if we raise rumours, create stories, the news channels will leverage on it and will definitely invite her. home and abroad will hear this. i just pray we all arrive safely to our destination, what if something go wrong, what will FG do, shebi na buhari son fall from bike, everybody hear am.just imagine how much did they spend abroad?. its obvious they don't care about us. but we care about ourselves. first of all how do we connect all the 5000 youwin connect under one house. i sent messages to sen. dino melaye, sen. sani shehu, sen kabir on whatsapp no response yet, we will work with videos and pictures. this was what i was trying to achieve earlier that some people started attacking, by now we would have had enough videos and pics useful for protest. but its never too late. thanks. correct my mistakes

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 23, 2018
^^^^^There are no mistakes to correct oga. You are fantastically on point. I support you whole heartedly and I want to be part of this protest. How do we start?

I did not pass through the online training and test hurdles, just for a Fvcking loan.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by jayned: 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
There has been positive energy here at Jos training centre and the N10,000,000.00 grant has been the motivator. We have not been addressed by any min. of finance representative but our facilitators have been optimistic that we will be granted grants since it has already been budgeted for.

In fact no participant here in Jos centre has even heard that we will not be given grants. It's like I am in an alien world.

So let's keep praying about this.

Jos people, please confirm this.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Adulphus(m): 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2018
Greenaly:
so for those that finished the training programme today, i think i made a lot of sense when i wrote about youwin trying to mess us up. as i said i am not in a rush and i just want us to put heads together. youwin connect gave us power to defeat them. i feel if we put all they taught us we can turn them into mess. first of all the training was very educative, but to be frank not everyone needed the lecture, but capital to expand period. now as i said earlier, something went wrong somewhere in d plan. of what use is a training without a financial tool. they promise to give us mentors, where are they? now let me remind us in my own opinion why we just cant let them mess us up. one thing connect us all, and its called BUSINESS. just a recap, we read like machines, yet they cancelled the first exam, we read again did exams, crazy scoring techniques. remember we burnt data, at that point there was fuel scarcity, PHCN was doing their own, network was very poor. yet we had breakthrough and we won. not as if that was not enough they told us to abandon our businesses for 3 good days, transportation , shelter, security, travelling risk, safety risk was 100% on us. just to come receive training that youwin would have just done online. becos to me the online courses were even more effective in delivery aside from one on one networking. just to tell use no money. now, that its aquaculture and shea butter. and that 2.5 billion shared among everyone in SMEs. meaning we were jobless and youwin self does not trust the skills they are giving to use cos they cant risk it with FG money. instead people that did no exam , senators people, the extreme rich class with connection will now share the 2.5 billion naira. 5,000,000 naira multiplied by 5000 successful participant is 2.5 billion naira, something that just a politician will swallow. now we should return without any capital. i know education is never too much, but where did d 5 yrs in d university without capital lead to ? we re smart guys. pls lets open our inner eyes, do you know how many billions youwin connect will say they spend on this 3 days training (capacity building) ? what if they have giving everyone just 1m to test run. now campaign will come we will begin to hear things like 2billion naira was spent on 5000 participant on capacity building. is this what they said is better than goodluck youwin. lolz. i am just writing out my mind. i am not here to fight anyone nor condemn anyone, and honestly i will keep quiet if anyone tries to attack me on this. cos i will never be rude to anyone here. all i need is for us to work as a team and create Anti-youwin connect platform. let us destroy them through the social media.lets be real here kemi adeosun might not even hear a thing about how we rejected what her officials said, neither will there be any feedback. but social media will do a lot. if we raise rumours, create stories, the news channels will leverage on it and will definitely invite her. home and abroad will hear this. i just pray we all arrive safely to our destination, what if something go wrong, what will FG do, shebi na buhari son fall from bike, everybody hear am.just imagine how much did they spend abroad?. its obvious they don't care about us. but we care about ourselves. first of all how do we connect all the 5000 youwin connect under one house. i sent messages to sen. dino melaye, sen. sani shehu, sen kabir on whatsapp no response yet, we will work with videos and pictures. this was what i was trying to achieve earlier that some people started attacking, by now we would have had enough videos and pics useful for protest. but its never too late. thanks. correct my mistakes

Please let me correct something..

2.5billion divide by 5000 winners will give you 500,000 not 5m.

2.5billion won't be enough to fund all the 5000 businesses
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by crudedude(m): 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Adulphus:

You're correct.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by davochii234: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
This whole thing is really getten me upset... But whatever be the case i must win!We were told all successful participants will receive certification on completion of the training and will be required to submit a business plan for areas where our businesses require improvements.
Imagine the rep that came from FMF who doesn't even know its left from its right saying a different thing here in Port Harcourt. I really don't want to give up at this point in time, come this far it has really not been easy considering the time, energy and resources....
Please my fellow 5000 awardees lets stand as one and take what belong to us.... shocked lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by davochii234: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
Greenaly:
You're on point and behind you,,,

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by kessling: 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
2.5 billion / 5000 = 500,000 not 5mill
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Greenaly: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
Yeah thanks for the correction. But even if it's the 500k per participant, let us just have something to work with atheist motivate us. Kemi adeosun is saying we re the next dangotes. he had oportunities financially and he used his head. He made lot of mistakes and went down o. But d Nigeria then was good enough for him to move on successfully
Adulphus:

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by mildflame: 5:43am On Mar 24, 2018
aphrodisiac:
A friend of mine said a trainer said the portal will soon be opened to start accepting business plan. So instead of exhibiting all these negativity online I urge all to be optimistic. A word is enough for the wise they say.

Dem say dem say = Hearsay
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
There is no more hear say. The representative in our own center projected the information clearly and read it word for word. Take your mind off funding
The opening of portal for people to drop their business plan for the two infrastructure hub call aqua culture and Shea nut.
The opening of portal to every young Nigerian to submit their business plan is the next line of action by Youwin connect.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by jayned: 6:15am On Mar 25, 2018
The training ended at Jos centre without any address from FMF. We were told by our trainer to go home, work on our business plan and wait for the next step of action which is the submission.

So everyone left happy and I left more confused than ever. Could this have been a strategy by FMF?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply)

I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.