Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers (4990 Views)

FG Sites Integrated Transport Facility In Enugu / Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) / Casket-carrying Protesters Lay Siege To Shell Facility In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by EzeUche(m): 3:23am On Feb 09, 2010
SEFAGO:

The oil industry in Nigeria and the general image of doing business. Tthese idiots are scaring away foreign investment. Terrorists undecided

They will return after the Eastern region get its independence.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by doyin13(m): 3:26am On Feb 09, 2010
EzeUche:

They will return after the Eastern region get its independence.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHA, . . . HEHAWHEHAWHAWHEHAW.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by ezeagu(m): 3:31am On Feb 09, 2010
It doesn't add to 'their' region so they must subtract from the cause. grin
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by sjeezy8: 3:55am On Feb 09, 2010
wait what are they fighting for again ? I forgot alittle cause ive heard different stories
Some say ND republic, some say 100% resource control, now old eastern region.
which is it?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by SEFAGO(m): 3:59am On Feb 09, 2010
terrorists are never sure of what they are fighting for. It could be 70 year old virgins, it could be paradise or it could be just a way of getting out of the miserable experience called life.

Same for the MEND folks
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 4:11am On Feb 09, 2010
SEFAGO:

terrorists are never sure of what they are fighting for. It could be 70 year old virgins, it could be paradise or it could be just a way of getting out of the miserable experience called life.

Same for the MEND folks

In whose book and by whose definition is MEND a terrorist group?
If you are going by the US definition, it might interest you that America does not classify MEND as terrorist (hint, check the US State Department website). Foreigners tend to have a more accurate view of Nigerian issues. I wonder why?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by sjeezy8: 4:14am On Feb 09, 2010
Beaf:

If you are going by the US definition, it might interest you that America does not classify MEND as terrorist (hint, check the US State Department website). Foreigners tend to have a more accurate view of Nigerian issues. I wonder why?

sjeezy8:

wait what are they fighting for again ? I forgot alittle cause ive heard different stories
Some say ND republic, some say 100% resource control, now old eastern region.
which is it?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 4:21am On Feb 09, 2010
^
Wole Soyinka knows what MEND is fighting for, because he is a major part of MEND's Aaron Team. He is a Nobel Laureate that is very far from the muddled picture you put up there. Stop doing the great man a disservice.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by sjeezy8: 4:25am On Feb 09, 2010
Beaf:

^
Wole Soyinka knows what MEND is fighting for, because he is a major part of MEND's Aaron Team. He is a Nobel Laureate that is very far from the muddled picture you put up there. Stop doing the great man a disservice.

what the hell are you talkin about its a fuckin simple and serious question- what are they fighting for ND republic or 100% resource control? If you dont know simply admit there are various militant groups with different agendaas cause I obviously didnt mention MEND or Soyinka.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 4:51am On Feb 09, 2010
^
Soyinka knows the answer. grin

You didn't mention MEND? shocked But you quoted me and in that quote I mentioned MEND and was obviously talking about them alone; you cannot generalise my reply to something else; it just doesn't work that way.

Ask Soyinka what MEND is fighting for, he is part of their Aaron Team and has even visited the president in that capacity.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Theface200: 5:17am On Feb 09, 2010
why would Mossob bomb up pipeline in rivers state. that one no good. It tell you mossob map don change.

Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by obailala(m): 5:21am On Feb 09, 2010
[b]Until these militants learn to use their brains to think, they and all those that support their actions blindly (including those here on NL) will remain FOOLS.

Is it the defenseless pipelines they keep blowing up that are responsible for the problems of the Niger-Delta?
or
Is it the corrupt Nigerian Govt (which includes the Niger-Delta leaders)?

Isn't it high time these militants and 'so called' freedom fighters face the REAL ENEMY?

The Oil companies tap the wealth of the region (which the Nigerian state cannot tap) and the corrupt Nigerian Govt  which is controlled by a Northern cabal) takes the proceeds and shares it amongst its officials. Next thing we hear is "Our gallant Fighters/Warlords have carried out a strategic attack on an oil pipeline belonging to Shell," how dumb? What is strategic about the strike?

With the recent political brouhaha caused by Yaradua's absence, the North has made a clear unequivocal statement that the "south south is only good at producing Oil and should not think of smelling the presidency (even when constitutionally, the south south should be president)." What is the reaction of the Militants/Nigerdelta saviors/freedom fighters to this insult? they go and blow up shell pipeline.

Isn't it high it high time they wake up from their slumber?

I liken the Niger Delta case to the case of a farmer who has yams in his barn but is incapable of cooking them. A shrewd neighbour comes and offers to cook the yams on the condition that he gets some and an agreement is reached on how the cooked yams are to be shared. A major point in the agreement is that the Landlord of the Farmer would also receive a share JUST because he is the Landlord.

When the yams get ready, the Landlord greedily collects his share and the share of the farmer and feasts on them with his friends in the full glare of the farmer while the farmer goes hungry. Whenever the farmer tries to complain, he is being molested and asked to shut-up for being too greedy. This arrangement has continued for years but now the farmer has decided to fight back. He acquires sophisticated arms and begins to fight the neighbour who cooks the yams. In the process, he destroys most of the yams and also, hurts the neighbour. The rationale behind his strategy is that  "IF THE NEIGHBOUR DOESN'T COOK THE YAMS, THE LANDLORD WOULDN'T HAVE ANY TO STEAL."[/b]
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 6:14am On Feb 09, 2010
^
You are so funny. Like I indirectly asked someone earlier; do you think you are smarter than Wole Soyinka? You certainly aren't, but you must think he is a "FOOL" for being on MEND's Aaron team.

All you have done in display a deep ignorance of Nigeria by imagining that some "shrew neighbour" had some negotiation with the ND about drilling oil. My friend, all ND land that has oil is simply siezed by the federal government, end of matter. If ND people complain, they send in soldiers; has the protest always been violent? No, go and educate yourself about Ken Saro Wiwa and the 8 others executed with him.

If you want to know about the MEND, at least read up before disgracing yourself about some "shrewd neigbour". You can start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_for_the_Emancipation_of_the_Niger_Delta

This is from Amnesty International (but maybe you've never heard of them or think they are "FOOL's"wink
http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/AFR44/025/2005/en/560409c0-d49a-11dd-8a23-d58a49c0d652/afr440252005en.html
http://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_details.asp?NewsID=18292

This is a UN document http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/IDEP/UNPAN004219.pdf
This UN document also makes a brief mention of the ND http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/afrec/newrels/indigen.htm

Stanford Universities intro to Shell mentions the human rights abuses in the Niger Delta http://www.stanford.edu/group/SICD/Shell/shell.html

This US court case might also interest you http://ccrjustice.org/files/Wiwa_Complaint_03_01.pdf

I guess the United Nations, American universities and courts etc are all "FOOL's" or were you really talking about yourself?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by EGO3(m): 6:58am On Feb 09, 2010
EGEDE Stephen2 wod up,BABA K mst always be with his BOYS, And who be that mumu wey dey fear for the destruction of idustries thats what we need lol,we need to start from the begining,NIGER IS A FAILURE,but i love am die.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by trueword: 7:04am On Feb 09, 2010
though I'm in support of the agitation by the Niger Deltans, isn't the reduction in oil that will occur from the blown up facilities going to affect the average nigerian more than the cabals who have billions of naira and can buy fuel at almost any price.  If they really want to ensure that their demands are met, they should also think of a way to get rid of the people in power that are making sure that the situation doesn't change.  Even if they destroy every single oil rig, those bad people will still be in power. putting in place better leaders will remedy the situation much quicker than relying on those who don't have their interest at heart.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by ahf(m): 7:55am On Feb 09, 2010
obailala, Very well said.

For those in support of continued imposition of hardship on the common man, if you like keep blowing up the pipelines,

There is no pipeline near any State Government house nor Aso Rock, so whose land or environment are you polluting?

How does the so called "Strategic Attack" help the common man or solve the problem at hand? Instead of focusing the energy into "strategic success" in development,

Some of the Major Oil Companies have started seeking to sell their interests in Nigeria, One of them last week sold all it's assets in a particular field and paid of the staff,
they are trying to sell more but NNPC is trying to slow down/block the sales.

Let them leave us to destroy more things, our eyes would soon become clear, instead of introducing more tigther rules or control over their operations,
we are destroying assets.

Do these strategic figthers understand that 55% of all these oil companies are own by NNPC? and NNPC is funded by state funds? why then are we
wasting our own money??

Our leaders are the cause of our problems. Can't we see that

Some peace in the region has seen small signs of road and infrastructure development (though not enough) , business picking up etc, But I beleive those
who benefit from the status quo dont like this,
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by hydroking23(m): 8:12am On Feb 09, 2010
trueword:

though I'm in support of the agitation by the Niger Deltans, isn't the reduction in oil that will occur from the blown up facilities going to affect the average nigerian more than the cabals who have billions of naira and can buy fuel at almost any price.  If they really want to ensure that their demands are met, they should also think of a way to get rid of the people in power that are making sure that the situation doesn't change.  Even if they destroy every single oil rig, those bad people will still be in power. putting in place better leaders will remedy the situation much quicker than relying on those who don't have their interest at heart.

Real Talk,

At this point in the struggle, blowing up pipelines does nothing but make the situation worse. We've seen production increase, yet theres still scarcity. So now they want to blowup these pipelines and decrease production which is only going to mess us up even more. Its the Government thats the problem and until these "freedom fighters" start targeting those who reap the benefits of all this oil money, they aren't fighting for my freedom or anyone's freedom in the Niger Delta. A group of people not from the Niger Delta is orchestrating this whole fiasco, so what do the freedom fighters do; destroy pipelines in Niger Delta Land and terrorize Niger Deltans. That my friend is the product of a group of people who have seen the mental oppression of Colonialism. Until those "freedom fighters" go up NORTH and start targeting those corrupt leaders who are f*cking us in our a$$ then their efforts are fruitless.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by asunaobi(m): 8:35am On Feb 09, 2010
obailala:

[b]Until these militants learn to use their brains to think, they and all those that support their actions blindly (including those here on NL) will remain FOOLS.

Is it the defenseless pipelines they keep blowing up that are responsible for the problems of the Niger-Delta?
or

Isn't it high time these militants and 'so called' freedom fighters face the REAL ENEMY?

The Oil companies tap the wealth of the region (which the Nigerian state cannot tap) and the corrupt Nigerian Govt which is controlled by a Northern cabal) takes the proceeds and shares it amongst its officials. Next thing we hear is "Our gallant Fighters/Warlords have carried out a strategic attack on an oil pipeline belonging to Shell," how dumb? What is strategic about the strike?

With the recent political brouhaha caused by Yaradua's absence, the North has made a clear unequivocal statement that the "south south is only good at producing Oil and should not think of smelling the presidency (even when constitutionally, the south south should be president)." What is the reaction of the Militants/Nigerdelta saviors/freedom fighters to this insult? they go and blow up shell pipeline.

I liken the Niger Delta case to the case of a farmer who has yams in his barn but is incapable of cooking them. A shrewd neighbour comes and offers to cook the yams on the condition that he gets some and an agreement is reached on how the cooked yams are to be shared. A major point in the agreement is that the Landlord of the Farmer would also receive a share JUST because he is the Landlord.

When the yams get ready, the Landlord greedily collects his share and the share of the farmer and feasts on them with his friends in the full glare of the farmer while the farmer goes hungry. Whenever the farmer tries to complain, he is being molested and asked to shut-up for being too greedy. This arrangement has continued for years but now the farmer has decided to fight back. He acquires sophisticated arms and begins to fight the neighbour who cooks the yams. In the process, he destroys most of the yams and also, hurts the neighbour. The rationale behind his strategy is that "IF THE NEIGHBOUR DOESN'T COOK THE YAMS, THE LANDLORD WOULDN'T HAVE ANY TO STEAL."[/b]

Transformation my friend starts from the top! The wickedness and dumbness of our leaders are very hurting to all Nigerians. It will be better if crude is not pumped out of the ground in the first place than for it to be pumped out and the money from it ends up in private accounts.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by mahal(m): 9:49am On Feb 09, 2010
[i]Transformation my friend starts from the top! The wickedness and dumbness of our leaders are very hurting to all Nigerians. It will be better if crude is not pumped out of the ground in the first place than for it to be pumped out and the money from it ends up in private accounts.[/i]

CRUDE OIL OR NOT, THE LEADERS ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH TO RUN THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES IN A LIFETIME,
WE SHOULDN'T FORGET THAT THERE ARE THE GREATER PERCENTAGE AVERAGE OIL COMPANY STAFF, CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS CO-SUB CONTACTORS THAT NEED THEIR USUAL MONTHLY OR WEEKLY STIPENDS FROM THESE OIL COMPANIES TO RUN THEIR FAMILIES. THEY USUALLY END UP BEING THE FIRST VICTIMS OF TERMINATED JOBS, DOWNSIZING, CONTRACT SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION ETC.
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, THESE OIL COMPANIES ARE MAJOR ECONOMIC DRIVERS IN THE NIGER DELTA.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Meldrick(m): 11:32am On Feb 09, 2010
obailala:

or

The Oil companies tap the wealth of the region (which the Nigerian state cannot tap) and the corrupt Nigerian Govt which is controlled by a Northern cabal) takes the proceeds and shares it amongst its officials. Next thing we hear is "Our gallant Fighters/Warlords have carried out a strategic attack on an oil pipeline belonging to Shell," how dumb? What is strategic about the strike?

When the yams get ready, the Landlord greedily collects his share and the share of the farmer and feasts on them with his friends in the full glare of the farmer while the farmer goes hungry. Whenever the farmer tries to complain, he is being molested and asked to shut-up for being too greedy. This arrangement has continued for years but now the farmer has decided to fight back. He acquires sophisticated arms and begins to fight the neighbour who cooks the yams. In the process, he destroys most of the yams and also, hurts the neighbour. The rationale behind his strategy is that "IF THE NEIGHBOUR DOESN'T COOK THE YAMS, THE LANDLORD WOULDN'T HAVE ANY TO STEAL."[/b]

Be careful you idiot. I wish I met you face to face, you could have had a heavy beating as a result of the anger I feel.
You condemn the blowing of oil pipe-lines beacuse you are a benificiary. I await the period when all oil pipelines in Nigeria are blown up and all other accesses to the oil are blocked so that Nigerians can start thinking away from oil.
How can a man be complaining of soap in his eyes when he is standing in the river? It is better we have no supply of oil than for a few to be leaving in affluence from the money from the oil.

Continue boys!!!!!!!
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by SEFAGO(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2010
^ Terrorist collaborator. You guys would soon be brought to book
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jessefly: 11:48am On Feb 09, 2010
angry stop blowing up pipelines , am a petroleum engineer,, if u blow up pipelines,, u scare d oil companies away, then i have no job,, not dat i dont understand the struggle,, jus dey talk for wher e dey pain me,, cos most of u r bankers n art grads,, u not affected,, so let ther be dialogue from this people.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by obailala(m): 11:56am On Feb 09, 2010
Beaf:

^
You are so funny. Like I indirectly asked someone earlier; do you think you are smarter than Wole Soyinka? You certainly aren't, but you must think he is a "FOOL" for being on MEND's Aaron team.

For your information, Soyinka was on the side of sensible reasoning, that was why he decided to join the Aaron team. He did not join because he supported the blowing up of flow stations and pipelines which would further pollute the already polluted land and impoverish the people. Rather, he was sympathetic to the plights of the people and he decided to infuse intellectualism (which was obviously lacking) into the struggle.

Beaf:

^
All you have done in display a deep ignorance of Nigeria by imagining that some "shrew neighbour" had some negotiation with the ND about drilling oil. My friend, all ND land that has oil is simply siezed by the federal government, end of matter. If ND people complain, they send in soldiers; has the protest always been violent? No, go and educate yourself about Ken Saro Wiwa and the 8 others executed with him.

if you refer to my little story, i referred to the FG as "Landlords" and i also highlighted the molestation of the ND people with soldiers whenever they tried to complain peacefully. I also know the story of Saro Wiwa very very well.

asunaobi:

Transformation my friend starts from the top! The wickedness and dumbness of our leaders are very hurting to all Nigerians. It will be better if crude is not pumped out of the ground in the first place than for it to be pumped out and the money from it ends up in private accounts.
How can this be a solution?

Are you aware that over 90% of the citizens of Warri, PH and other ND cities feed directly or indirectly from the crumbs that fall from the tables of these oil companies?

Do you know how many N Deltans that have lost their jobs as a direct consequence of these militant attacks and production shut-ins? I live and work in Warri, so i can attest to this

Are you aware that our BAD leaders, both within and outside the ND already have more than enough to feed their extended families for many generations?

If these oil companies close shop today, the direct victims will be the ND people and the region would be worse than Haiti. A more pragmatic solution should be the engagement of the real enemies (FG state govts and other bad leaders within and outside the region).

If we have good leaders, the ND would get what it rightly deserves and everyone would be happy. But if we chase away the companies, both the govt and the people will suffer. Even if the companies go and the region starts producing palm oil, with these same bad leaders up there, the region would still not get a dime.

Meldrick:

Be careful you idiot. I wish I met you face to face, you could have had a heavy beating as a result of the anger I feel.
You condemn the blowing of oil pipe-lines beacuse you are a benificiary. I await the period when all oil pipelines in Nigeria are blown up and all other accesses to the oil are blocked so that Nigerians can start thinking away from oil.
How can a man be complaining of soap in his eyes when he is standing in the river? It is better we have no supply of oil than for a few to be leaving in affluence from the money from the oil.

Continue boys!!!!!!!

USE YOUR GOD GIVEN BRAINS!
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by WilyWily5: 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2010
Beaf:

In the book of the parasitic people, Corrupt Yorubas and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by utumma: 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2010
give them what they want and let us live o heeee
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by SEFAGO(m): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2010
^ terrorist  sad, Please stop blowing up oil pipelines. You are destroying the lives of poor nigerians. Instead focus on your leaders who are in cahoots with the FG.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by mahal(m): 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2010
obailala:

Are you aware that over 90% of the citizens of Warri, PH and other ND cities feed directly or indirectly from the crumbs that fall from the tables of these oil companies?

Do you know how many N Deltans that have lost their jobs as a direct consequence of these militant attacks and production shut-ins? I live and work in Warri, so i can attest to this

Are you aware that our BAD leaders, both within and outside the ND already have more than enough to feed their extended families for many generations?

If these oil companies close shop today, the direct victims will be the ND people and the region would be worse than Haiti. A more pragmatic solution should be the engagement of the real enemies (FG state govts and other bad leaders within and outside the region).

If we have good leaders, the ND would get what it rightly deserves and everyone would be happy. But if we chase away the companies, both the govt and the people will suffer. Even if the companies go and the region starts producing palm oil, with these same bad leaders up there, the region would still not get a dime.

I still wonder why the so called freedom fighters and their sponsor have failed to see this clear writing on the wall.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by obailala(m): 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2010
Meldrick:

[b]How can a man be complaining of soap in his eyes when he is standing in the river? [/b]It is better we have no supply of oil than for a few to be leaving in affluence from the money from the oil.

Continue boys!!!!!!!

Oh, you want t beat someone up. . huh? na me put the soap for your eye?. . . Na me be the Hausa cabal wey swear say Goodluck can never be presido? abi na Shell and their pipelines na im dey prevent South-South from being presido? if u can answer these questions, then u would know why I asked u to use ur brain.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by WilyWily5: 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2010
obailala:

We are tired living on Crumbs , blowing of oil installation and killing of Dirty Stinking Nigeria Soldiers will continue until our people  feed no more on Crumbs. The main Hurricane is on the way.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Miketomi: 1:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ OBAILALA

Nice, excellent and intelligent analysis.
Sooner than later an average N/Deltan would realized the pains the so called warlords has inflicted on them.
Don't forget that most of these warlords had already made money from all sorts of illegal activities especially oil bunkering.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Meldrick(m): 1:32pm On Feb 09, 2010
By the time all the pipelines in Nigeria are blown up, all these grammer on Niaraland will stop then you petroleum engineer and that fellow eating from oil that calls his father a terrorist collaborator will go back to the farm and happily, the other sectors will be harnessed. At least we were doing well without before the discovery of oil in Nigeria.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jessefly: 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2010
@mel dude though i sound selfish who isnt
jus lookin afta me, those guy whoo u say r figthin d struggle r stil lookin afta demselves
n dis situatioj is beyond how we see it, it's lik dominoes once one falls all fall
so every one is gonna get affected in ways we cant imagine part of lack of jobs
der shall be fighting, dis dat so only way out of dis is to find a lasting solution, cos no way r dose guys gonna cede unless one earthquake lik haiti own gocomot dem frm naija n make em an island in d gulf of guinea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Ready For War If Buhari Dies / Why Living Faith Church Hates Buhari / Presidential Candidate Speaks On Plans To Remove Obstacles To Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.