Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,975 members, 7,852,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers (4992 Views)

FG Sites Integrated Transport Facility In Enugu / Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) / Casket-carrying Protesters Lay Siege To Shell Facility In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by sjeezy8: 3:25pm On Feb 09, 2010
What they want is what the whole south of Nigeria wants federalism. But blowing shiot up isnt going to change the constitution and when we do have federalism Oil companies will probably be reluctant to base their companies in the ND.
(NNPC is going private)

Not to mention some of the militants playing both sides and are not genuine to those in ND. As some militants are actually being paid to blow up pipelines in order to increase the price of Oil by dereasing the quantity of Oil.

O yea beaf is a gay
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by edoyad(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2010
"Fire don start, na who go kill am"
My brothers and sisters don't deceive yourselves, the militants are the true Nigerian heroes bringing change to this land. Why do you people feel we can't progress without oil ? I dream of a Nigeria where oil production will be less than 100,000 bpd then the fake Nigerians would be forced to abandon the broke govt. In such a situation only genuine material would aspire for political office because there would be no easy oil money at the center. When that happens the Mining and Agriculture that we've been hearing stories of for eons will definitely be looked into as a way out of the problem.
I hope Akwaibom and CrossRiver youths start representing too, because i don't think that part of the country is better off than the rest of the country where corruption, poverty and unemployment are rife. Youths are the ones to bring about this revolution. Aluta continua !
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 4:34pm On Feb 09, 2010
sjeezy8:

What they want is what the whole south of Nigeria wants federalism. But blowing shiot up isnt going to change the constitution and when we do have federalism Oil companies will probably be reluctant to base their companies in the ND.
(NNPC is going private)

Not to mention some of the militants playing both sides and are not genuine to those in ND. As some militants are actually being paid to blow up pipelines in order to increase the price of Oil by dereasing the quantity of Oil.

O yea beaf is a gay

Get this into your thick skull, [size=14pt]we want the oil companies to leave[/size]. We are better off without them, did you hear that Shell paid a huge sum in out of court settlement for gross human rights abuses, just last year? Ode.

All the time ND people were going about the struggle peacefully, the rest of the country never gave a damn about what was happening. Instead, Saro Wiwa and 8 others were hanged, just as other killings and official arson continued.

[size=14pt]Do you realise the losses at Odi alone are estimated at 2500 dead? Did you shameless hypocrites come out on the streets to demonstrate? The ND has lost 60,000 innocent souls and 50 communities in this way. Have you hypocrites even signed a single pertition?[/size]

Some misguided people think that MEND is there to help them do their own fighting, sorry, get your own people to agitate or fight or whatever. Afterall, if it wasn't for MEND, retards like you wouldn't even know that the system Nigeria paractices is more feudal than federal. Dummy.
Some of you are thinking about their jobs, well underage children, their mothers and sisters are despoiled daily and their men murdered in the creeks to provide you that "job". You are too empty and soulless to realise that, you don't care for us and we surely aren't fighting for you; we need to free ourselves first. Fight for yourselves, or don't you people have balls that minority groups should be the ones to wake up and do your fighting?

The whole World regards the Niger Delta as a place were some of the worst human rights abuses occur (I provided enough links from the UN, Amnesty International etc). Here is another one from an ND person http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/comment/34801

if you refer to my little story, i referred to the FG as "Landlords" and i also highlighted the molestation of the ND people with soldiers whenever they tried to complain peacefully. I also know the story of Saro Wiwa very very well.

. . .

Are you aware that over 90% of the citizens of Warri, PH and other ND cities feed directly or indirectly from the crumbs that fall from the tables of these oil companies?

In your little story, you referred to those who support the militancy as "FOOL's". Practically a 100% of ND people support the militancy. If you claim to know Saro Wiwa's story and the fact that there is no negotiation with ND people, rather all oil bearing land is simply siezed by the FG, then rather than spout more rubbish, a more descent and balanced person would have offered an apology.
Instead you render more lies about 90% of jobs in Warri and PH depending on the very oil companies we want to leave. You don't know what you are talking about, yet you want to continue talking stup!dly.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Ibime(m): 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ the political class who have no economic agenda but to bleed us dry, the message should be loud and clear: the days of rent-seeking in the Niger-Delta are over.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by edoyad(m): 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2010
grin grin . When one is in comfort, it is hard to empathize with struggles of others. Before anyone talks again ask yourself this questions; "is this the best Nigeria can be ?", "are the people running this country even nearly the second best we can produce ? " . Please think very well about these things before you blame someone for fighting for himself.
Should men like Pat Utomi and many others in and outside this country not be contributing to solve our diseased land ? Please think very well whether this is the way a country should be run.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Meldrick(m): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2010
edoyad:

"Fire don start, na who go kill am"
My brothers and sisters don't deceive yourselves, the militants are the true Nigerian heroes bringing change to this land. Why do you people feel we can't progress without oil ? I dream of a Nigeria where oil production will be less than 100,000 bpd then the fake Nigerians would be forced to abandon the broke govt. In such a situation only genuine material would aspire for political office because there would be no easy oil money at the center. When that happens the Mining and Agriculture that we've been hearing stories of for eons will definitely be looked into as a way out of the problem.
I hope Akwaibom and CrossRiver youths start representing too, because i don't think that part of the country is better off than the rest of the country where corruption, poverty and unemployment are rife. Youths are the ones to bring about this revolution. Aluta continua !
VICTORIA ACERTA
Ibime:

@ the political class who have no economic agenda but to bleed us dry, the message should be loud and clear: the days of rent-seeking in the Niger-Delta are over.

YES O!!!!
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by obailala(m): 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2010
Wily+Wily:

We are tired living on Crumbs , blowing of oil installation and killing of Dirty Stinking Nigeria Soldiers will continue until our people  feed no more on Crumbs. The main Hurricane is on the way.

If u are truly tired of feeding on crumbs, why cant u strive to get ur rightful position on the dining table?

why cant u use all those sophisticated weapons to blow up the people that have deprived u of ur rightful share?

Since u no longer want crumbs, I guess getting nothing at all would be better. May I remind u that the thieves that have deprived u all these years have stashed enough to last them plenty lifetimes. If u continue in ur misplaced aggression, u will end up impoverishing a large majority of ur compatriots who feed from these companies.

If u are confused on where to direct ur Hurricane, I suggest u direct it to the BAD Leaders we have in Nigeria.

Meldrick:

By the time all the pipelines in Nigeria are blown up, all these grammer on Niaraland will stop then you petroleum engineer and that fellow eating from oil that calls his father a terrorist collaborator will go back to the farm and happily, the other sectors will be harnessed. At least we were doing well without before the discovery of oil in Nigeria.

No doubt, the ND was better off before the Oil boom but with so much oil comes so much money and with so much money, comes so much greed and with so much greed comes so much corruption. This is the Nigerian story. One thing we have to have in mind is the fact that the corruption is already a part of us.

Even if we abandon Oil and go back to produce palm kernel, palm oil, fishing etc as it was before, as long as we do not fight the corrupt leaders that have been siphoning the regions wealth, the status quo will remain and it will even be worse for the ND people because the "crumbs" they get will be smaller.

The region produces billions of dollars, the govt takes it all and tosses a few coins to the people, What do u think will happen when the region starts producing a few thousands? Lets not be myopic about this issue

Beaf:

Do you realise the losses at Odi alone are estimated at 2500 dead? Did you shameless hypocrites come out on the streets to demonstrate?
As much as I sympathize with the people of Odi, but did the Odi massacre have anything to do with any oil company?

Beaf:

Some of you are thinking about their jobs, well underage children, their mothers and sisters are despoiled daily and their men murdered in the creeks to provide you that "job". You are too empty and soulless to realise that, you don't care for us and we surely aren't fighting for you; we need to free ourselves first. Fight for yourselves, or don't you people have balls that minority groups should be the ones to wake up and do your fighting?
Mr Beaf, this is exactly what I'm trying to say, these atrocities u highlighted are carried out by agents of the Govt. including the murder of Saro Wiwa and Co. No doubt, the bone of contention was the full control of the resources of the region but in my own opinion, the real enemy is the central govt. and the hurricane should be directed properly. If these companies leave today, then the region would have completely lost in all its battles and sacrifices through the decades.

Beaf:

In your little story, you referred to those who support the militancy as "FOOL's". Practically a 100% of ND people support the militancy. If you claim to know Saro Wiwa's story and the fact that there is no negotiation with ND people, rather all oil bearing land is simply siezed by the FG, then rather than spout more rubbish, a more descent and balanced person would have offered an apology.
Instead you render more lies about 90% of jobs in Warri and PH depending on the very oil companies we want to leave. You don't know what you are talking about, yet you want to continue talking stup!dly.
I did not refer to all who supported militants rather, i referred to those who support the militants "BLINDLY." Personally, I support the militants in their Violent struggle cos i know that the typical Nigerian listens only to the language of force but my problem with them lies in the strategy they have deployed. They are misdirecting their aggression and causing more harm.

As for my earlier statement with regards to 90% citizens of Warri, PH and other ND cities living off the oil companies, I still stand my ground. The Oil companies are responsible for the economies of these cities. I doubt if u reside in the ND else u wouldn't argue with me on this one.

Meldrick:

VICTORIA ACERTA
YES O!!!!
aluta continua, victoria acerta! . . oh yes! victory is certain but what is ur definition of this victory? is it a ND where the people will fully control their resources and live comfortably or is it a ND where there will no longer be any resources and people will live in abject poverty despite tolerating years of living in oppression ?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Meldrick(m): 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2010
obailala:

aluta continua, victoria acerta! . . oh yes! victory is certain but what is your definition of this victory? is it a ND where the people will fully control their resources and live comfortably or is it a ND where there will no longer be any resources and people will live in abject poverty despite tolerating years of living in oppression ?

Of course your first interpretation or answer is surely correct. A Niger Delta where the people will fully control their resources and live comfortably.
Don't ask about the possibility because someday it will become reality.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2010
I did not refer to all who supported militants rather, i referred to those who support the militants "BLINDLY." Personally, I support the militants in their Violent struggle cos i know that the typical Nigerian listens only to the language of force but my problem with them lies in the strategy they have deployed. They are misdirecting their aggression and causing more harm.

As for my earlier statement with regards to 90% citizens of Warri, PH and other ND cities living off the oil companies, I still stand my ground. The Oil companies are responsible for the economies of these cities. I doubt if u reside in the ND else u wouldn't argue with me on this one.

Don't make me laugh. What can you tell me about Warri? Simple test for you; what is the name of the god worshipped in the Agbassa juju festival?

We would be better off without the oil companies and so would Nigeria. As Edoyad said earlier, we would suddenly realise that we have human and physical resources.
99% of the corruption we have in that country is due to easy oil money and the manner in which it is obtained. Money from expoitation breeds corruption, simple as.
If the oil companies were to leave, it would also immediately dawn on Nigerians that our federal structure is wrong. Our present arrangement was created for two purposes, the siphoning of from the ND into Hausa/Fulani cabal pockets and the directing of Hausa / Fulani commanded troops to enforce expoitation. Every state and revenue source has been subjugated to our parasitic architecture; your governor must go to Abuja to beg for money while Abuja manages everything for him (even the creation of LG's in your state).

I have another simple question for you. At the time the militants drastically reduced Nigeria's oil output, did your life change? No, it didn't. The obvious reason is that proceeds from oil go directly into Hausa/Fulani cabal pockets, it doesn't change the economy one bit; they only manage to leave a little for the import of innadequate quantities of fuel, which see's you clamouring overnight at a filling station just to get a little juice in the tank. Hilary Clinton put it very accurately when she said that only 1% of Nigeria's population benefits from oil and that it is a pity that foreigners know more about Nigeria than Nigerians.
It is high time, we as Nigerians sat down and did some really hard thinking.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by obailala(m): 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
Beaf:

We would be better off without the oil companies and so would Nigeria. As Edoyad said earlier, we would suddenly realise that we have human and physical resources.
99% of the corruption we have in that country is due to easy oil money and the manner in which it is obtained. Money from expoitation breeds corruption, simple as.
If the oil companies were to leave, it would also immediately dawn on Nigerians that our federal structure is wrong. Our present arrangement was created for two purposes, the siphoning of from the ND into Hausa/Fulani cabal pockets and the directing of Hausa / Fulani commanded troops to enforce expoitation. Every state and revenue source has been subjugated to our parasitic architecture; your governor must go to Abuja to beg for money while Abuja manages everything for him (even the creation of LG's in your state).

I totally agree with u that our federal structure is wrong and that 1% of the population enjoys 99% of the nations wealth. I also agree with u that 99% of the corruption we have today in Nigeria is due to the easy oil money but where I disagree is in your assumption that with the disappearance of oil money, our nation would be a better place.
Those parasites u talk about would be more desperate and as long as they (parasites) remain on top, I fear that the status quo will still remain. I do not agree with ur ideology that the ND should totally forfeit the oil wealth and remain poor.
With proper strategies, the percentage of the people enjoying the oil wealth could be increased.

Beaf:

I have another simple question for you. At the time the militants drastically reduced Nigeria's oil output, did your life change? No, it didn't.
Oh off course, it did affect me and a lot of people around me.
This ur statement further proves my earlier assumption that u do not stay or work in the ND. A chain reaction of the reduced production affected most small mushroom companies as their contracts where terminated. Average oil company staff, contractors, subcontractors, co-sub contractors (who are mainly ND indegenes) etc were the major victims of terminated jobs, downsizing, contract suspensions etc

All I am saying is that it wouldnt make any sense to take away the meal tickets of the few innocent NDeltans that are surviving on the "crumbs" simply because u want to deprive the North from stealing the wealth. Rather, more pragmatic steps should be taken to ensure that the wealth gets to the rightful owners.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by frudokafor(m): 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2010
application forms are out in case you wish to join, i mean militancy
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2010
obailala:

I totally agree with u that our federal structure is wrong and that 1% of the population enjoys 99% of the nations wealth. I also agree with u that 99% of the corruption we have today in Nigeria is due to the easy oil money but where I disagree is in your assumption that with the disappearance of oil money, our nation would be a better place.
Those parasites u talk about would be more desperate and as long as they (parasites) remain on top, I fear that the status quo will still remain. I do not agree with your ideology that the ND should totally forfeit the oil wealth and remain poor.
With proper strategies, the percentage of the people enjoying the oil wealth could be increased.
Oh off course, it did affect me and a lot of people around me.
This your statement further proves my earlier assumption that u do not stay or work in the ND. A chain reaction of the reduced production affected most small mushroom companies as their contracts where terminated. Average oil company staff, contractors, subcontractors, co-sub contractors (who are mainly ND indegenes) etc were the major victims of terminated jobs, downsizing, contract suspensions etc

All I am saying is that it wouldnt make any sense to take away the meal tickets of the few innocent NDeltans that are surviving on the "crumbs" simply because u want to deprive the North from stealing the wealth. Rather, more pragmatic steps should be taken to ensure that the wealth gets to the rightful owners.

The second half of your argument is way off mark. Oil money will make little difference to what people can do for themselves if the govt invests in them as a resource; so saying the ND will remain poor if oil money is gone is not correct, in fact most of the poverty in our hinterlands are caused by the presence of oil companies and the siezure of our lands and waterways.

I believe we agree on very much everything else.

I posted an article some time ago on a practical way for the country to wean itself off oil and diversify. I've tried to search for it , but can't find it. Our only hope is true federalism, with the ND realising that we cannot achieve it in one day and there must be give and take. The bottomline is, there must be an agreed and equitable roadmap away from our dependence on oil or we will continue to have pipelines and installations destroyed and corruption thriving in Abuja. I am quite sure that the ND won't mind funding our way out of this hell and finally getting on the road to industrialisation.

frudokafor:

application forms are out in case you wish to join, i mean militancy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by EzeUche(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2010
LET THEM BLOW UP THE PIPELINES!!!

Oil is the glue that keeps Naija together. I am glad my family does not depend on oil. We are doctors, lawyers and educators, therefore we have no need for oil.

Lazy fools who depend on oil. I hope you all suffer slowly!!! angry
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jessefly: 8:12am On Feb 10, 2010
nice analysis from u folks, but u fail to recognize dat ignorance is no defense d only wayND can empower demselves n control their rresources effectively is by achieving d level of education the yorubas have.
I was talking to some lads do u know ND people sell deir own slots to outsiders because as far as a horizon dey cant see fellow brethren to get deir slots
Do you know how dey desire quick money, through bunkering n etc
Do you know dey are first to be taken in any recruitment from so called MNC
Do you know underneath dese so called struggle as long as u carry arms u can only feel u should get wateva u want
people Charity begins at home let ND people tackle deir proglems from d root of it n stop skipping d steps of d ladder to start at d top
Or do u fill if such resources wer in the SW the people ther wont contol their resources well, so once again
ABEGGI
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Abagworo(m): 8:18am On Feb 10, 2010
Coming here to boast of your education that has no evidence is unneccessary and might derail this thread.it might be true that the get money quick syndrome has eaten deep into an average niger-deltan but wait a minute.is it not thesame all over nigeria?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 8:20am On Feb 10, 2010
jessefly:

nice analysis from u folks, but u fail to recognize dat ignorance is no defense d only wayND can empower demselves n control their rresources effectively is by achieving d level of education the yorubas have.
I was talking to some lads do u know ND people sell deir own slots to outsiders because as far as a horizon dey cant see fellow brethren to get deir slots
Do you know underneath dese so called struggle as long as u carry arms u can only feel u should get wateva u want
people Charity begins at home let ND people tackle deir proglems from d root of it n stop skipping d steps of d ladder to start at d top
Or do u fill if such resources wer in the SW the people ther wont contol their resources well, so once again
ABEGGI

Aside from Lagos, ND states are more educated than Yoruba states. You need to drop your ignorance, it becomes foolishness when you make assumptions based on it.
Unpolished minds tend to be ignorant and live by rumour (something that is replete in your post above). Shame. embarassed
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Meldrick(m): 8:30am On Feb 10, 2010
jessefly:

ABEGGI

Very poor analysis.

Who told you Niger Delta youths are not educated. Go take a look at the borders and see yorubas involved in the bunkering job.
People sit down to type rubbish and all they can think about is to farment trouble with their poor knowledge on ethnic background. Highly tribalistic fool.
Despite all the professors and richly educated people we have in the ND, you cough rubbish on NL.
Don't annoy me because it is too early.
Your type are only good at causing religious and tribal wars there after running to hide.

Beaf:

The second half of your argument is way off mark. Oil money will make little difference to what people can do for themselves if the govt invests in them as a resource; so saying the ND will remain poor if oil money is gone is not correct, in fact most of the poverty in our hinterlands are caused by the presence of oil companies and the siezure of our lands and waterways.

True Talk.
In fact the lands and rivers in the Niger Delta have been grealtly polluted as a result of this same oil buisness and this has greatly affected farming and fishing in the ND. The people of the Niger Delta would have done better in these areas if there was no oil.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jessefly: 9:22am On Feb 10, 2010
dis thread is heating up, name calling n stuff, well mel n beaf, ur views r ur views n my views r my views n i refuse to acknowledge d fact dat ND is not to blame for the problems they face, once again charity begins at home, so let dem get their acts clean n stop making an already difficult nation mor difficult for us to reside in.
thinking we reached somewher with the amnesty stuff we got in2 wont u give it time to work b4 further agitations
ABEGGI
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by edoyad(m): 9:32am On Feb 10, 2010
Mr Jessefly good morning, just to straighten things out, i take it you're saying the current unsettled state of the ND is the fault of the inhabitants ?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Jakumo(m): 9:45am On Feb 10, 2010
The gathering storm of war in the Niger Delta could be defused literally with the stroke of a pen, in the form of the authorizing signatures required to FORMALLY install Vice President Jonathan Goodluck as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, effective RIGHT AWAY.

President Yar Adua to his credit negotiated a tentative peace agreement with the armies of the Niger Delta, but given that Yar Adua has been ailing or dead for too long already, the best man to restart that now teetering peace process is Vice President Jonathan Goodluck, a thoroughbred son of the Niger Delta, and living confirmation that those whose ancestors trace origin to Nigeria's fields of black gold are finally being embraced in the corridors of federal power.

Yes, indeed, the title has a nice ring to it :  Jonathan Goodluck, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

Standing by for your appointment, sir,  and the LASTING peace it will usher in.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 9:51am On Feb 10, 2010
^
His appointment was automatic, there will be oaths. You're a bit late. grin
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Jakumo(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2010
I hope it is all cut and dried as you say, Beaf.

That would be some of the best news to come out of Nigeria for a while.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by MyJoe: 10:18am On Feb 10, 2010
Jakumo:

The gathering storm of war in the Niger Delta could be defused literally with the stroke of a pen, in the form of the authorizing signatures required to FORMALLY install[b] Vice President Jonathan Goodluck[/b] as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, effective RIGHT AWAY.

It's Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by obailala(m): 11:54am On Feb 10, 2010
All these arguments about the stopping of all oil production as being the best solution for the ND region makes me laugh. These are just the sounds of frustration, the sounds of defeat and the sounds of hopelessness. Why cant the ND people look on the bright side? Who says full resource control cannot be achieved?

Meldrick:

True Talk.
In fact the lands and rivers in the Niger Delta have been grealtly polluted as a result of this same oil buisness and this has greatly affected farming and fishing in the ND. The people of the Niger Delta would have done better in these areas if there was no oil.

The ND region no doubt, was better off b4 the oil wealth but I doubt if the region can return to its past glory if the oil production stops today; Not with all the already polluted lands and waters. The damage has already been done. I wonder why some people have failed to see the writings on the wall.

I know a good number of ordinary NDeltans that have lost their livelihoods due to the production shut-ins recorded in the last two years. Making these people and many more go hungry cannot be the best solution to this crisis. Rather, a more productive approach by the militants should be the channeling of their forces towards achieving full control of their resources and empowering more people instead of destroying these God given resources.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by kcblast(m): 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2010
utu_mma:

give them what they want and let us live o heeee
u are right, i feel u sooo much kiss wink
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by kcblast(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2010
note that it is only oil industry is making real cash in nigeria.so, Gov.t have 2 do something about it before is 2late coz d world is gradually moving out of crude oil to nuclear as source of fuel embarassed undecided.
angryLet Gov.t think something like Agriculture,technology & so many of them.
So, let them go ahead and put solution to all this mess in dis damned country. wink
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jpphilips(m): 5:04pm On Feb 22, 2010
[b]Until these militants learn to use their brains to think, they and all those that support their actions blindly (including those here on NL) will remain FOOLS.

Is it the defenseless pipelines they keep blowing up that are responsible for the problems of the Niger-Delta?
or
Is it the corrupt Nigerian Govt (which includes the Niger-Delta leaders)?

Isn't it high time these militants and 'so called' freedom fighters face the REAL ENEMY?

The Oil companies tap the wealth of the region (which the Nigerian state cannot tap) and the corrupt Nigerian Govt which is controlled by a Northern cabal) takes the proceeds and shares it amongst its officials. Next thing we hear is "Our gallant Fighters/Warlords have carried out a strategic attack on an oil pipeline belonging to Shell," how dumb? What is strategic about the strike?

With the recent political brouhaha caused by Yaradua's absence, the North has made a clear unequivocal statement that the "south south is only good at producing Oil and should not think of smelling the presidency (even when constitutionally, the south south should be president)." What is the reaction of the Militants/Nigerdelta saviors/freedom fighters to this insult? they go and blow up shell pipeline.

Isn't it high it high time they wake up from their slumber?

I liken the Niger Delta case to the case of a farmer who has yams in his barn but is incapable of cooking them. A shrewd neighbour comes and offers to cook the yams on the condition that he gets some and an agreement is reached on how the cooked yams are to be shared. A major point in the agreement is that the Landlord of the Farmer would also receive a share JUST because he is the Landlord.

When the yams get ready, the Landlord greedily collects his share and the share of the farmer and feasts on them with his friends in the full glare of the farmer while the farmer goes hungry. Whenever the farmer tries to complain, he is being molested and asked to shut-up for being too greedy. This arrangement has continued for years but now the farmer has decided to fight back. He acquires sophisticated arms and begins to fight the neighbour who cooks the yams. In the process, he destroys most of the yams and also, hurts the neighbour. The rationale behind his strategy is that "IF THE NEIGHBOUR DOESN'T COOK THE YAMS, THE LANDLORD WOULDN'T HAVE ANY TO STEAL."
[/b]

You have a head
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jpphilips(m): 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2010
For your information, Soyinka was on the side of sensible reasoning, that was why he decided to join the Aaron team. He did not join because he supported the blowing up of flow stations and pipelines which would further pollute the already polluted land and impoverish the people. Rather, he was sympathetic to the plights of the people and he decided to infuse intellectualism (which was obviously lacking) into the struggle.

Actually, he said himself he was there as an observer to ensure both parties kept their ends of the bargain.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jpphilips(m): 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2010
I have another simple question for you. [b]At the time the militants drastically reduced Nigeria's oil output, did your life change? No, it didn't. The obvious reason is that proceeds from oil go directly into Hausa/Fulani cabal pockets, it doesn't change the economy one bit; they only manage to leave a little for the import of innadequate quantities of fuel, which see's you clamouring overnight at a filling station just to get a little juice in the tank. Hilary Clinton put it very accurately when she said that only 1% of Nigeria's population benefits from oil and that it is a pity that foreigners know more about Nigeria than Nigerians.
It is high time, we as Nigerians sat down and did some really hard thinking.[/b]

I never knew a Nigerian has lived so blindly?
did you really ask this question?
Gosh you need ,
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jpphilips(m): 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2010
@ Obailala

Please I beg you in the name of God, stop wasting your God given intelligence on a psycho like beaf.
Common sense i now believe has become a luxury these days guess he didn't read this;

MEND oh MEND,
ive heard a lot about your activities in the Niger delta and beyond, ive also heard so much about
the propaganda generated by the waves of attacks which normally leaves the JTF on the defense. ive also been opportune to visit some locations where the magnitude of your hurricane has blown
across, places like Alakiri, Bonga field,Abiteye, cawthorn channel 1 and now lagos.
if i am to make an unofficial appraisal of who you are, i will say you are men of your words which unequivocally makes you a valiant
on the other hand, when i scrutinize your modus operandi and its ripple effects,i get this unbridled doubt that your struggle is villain unless you have contrary facts to prove me wrong.

Now MEND, lets go back to the late 2005 when your acclaimed strife with the federal Government degenerated to a hurricane (if you permit me to borrow your terminology) there were a few words that i underlined at the onset,words like

marginalization
struggle
liberation
oil derivation
then lately secession

i don't want to waste much time defining these terms rather, i will like to bring it closer to the everyday of an average Niger deltan so that we can create a level playground for both the saints and cynics.
You claim that the vast wealth of the delta are being siphoned by the government of the day which evidently are the obvious Magnificence of this day Abuja metropolis.
unfortunately, i agree with you on this one but before i give it a complete Nod, i will like to assume that Nigeria though a ''failed'' one is still a sovereign nation
if i am right, then accept my regrets that neither Asaba nor Porthacourt or any other place in the Delta including where i come from was not officially recognized as the National capital.
i will like you to ponder over this;
though Texas has a broad transport network,a broad social
infrastructure, houses most of the big companies in the states, Enjoys the second best in GDP state wise in the united states, will You say that Texas is better off than Washington in whichever yardstick u deem necessary, just a food for thought.
the rest of the other underlined words will be better treated under the same canopy of resource control because i feel they are interconnected.
You clamor for a larger share of the oil Revenue,
if you ask me, to be honest with you, i think you are right.
come to think of it, the Delta bear most of the environmental and biological risk in oil exploration.
but if i were you i will ask a question further, How best do i achieve this?
lets analyze the facts on ground before we go into the prejudiced, phantom theory that supports your cause.
i still remember vividly that after the military era, and prior to the April 5th 2002 supreme court ruling on resource control,the formula has been as follows;

74.3: 18.1: 7.6 percentage split between the federal,states and the local Governments exclusive
of the Almighty 13% Revenue allocation. please correct me if i am wrong
74.3% of the federal bearing the ''first charges'' and ''special funds''
in other words i expect that each oil producing state enjoyed this privilege for approx. four and
half years.
Now MEND, lets come back to today's events
as a result of the supreme court ruling of April 2002, the formula has changed from the above to
49.1: 30.0 : 20.8 Federal, state and local governments percentage split respectively. exclusive of the Almighty 13% Revenue allocation on the grounds that ''first charges'' and ''special funds'' are
illegal.(not putting into cognizance Obasanjo's dementia of 2005)
please still correct me if i am wrong
though i have my personal reservations,the onshore/offshore dichotomy which severed Akwaibom and Ondo states also the issue of recognizing the FCT as a state,but i still think that the other oil producing states got a fair deal compared to their contiguous states like Anambra and Enugu respectively in terms of oil Revenue.
MEND, i still wish to remind you here that using the word ''fair deal'' above cannot be misconstrued owing to the fact that some states though not oil producing generate high on internal revenue but they are not complaining whether or not they receive whatever extra percentage.
FIRS Lagos State can tell you more.
I cant really, imagine that people still wake up without plans,
is this sham you call revolution? you think this was how America got their independence from the British, or you think the french revolution, the franco prussian wars, the Spanish civil war and other wars that redefined the human race which ushered in human liberation from imperialism and hegemony.
you guys make me laugh,
MEND, U started by kidnapping expertrates which of course was the preamble to be able to raise funds to buy arms for the real struggle ahead.
interesting plan,
they paid their Ransom gained their freedom some unhurt and arm proliferation became your other hobby, please still correct me if i am wrong
today, you have succeeded in laying siege to the delta that you intended to liberate abinitio
let me tell you the ripple effect of your struggle,
Go to warri for instance,
the companies have left, job cuts by more than 60%, plethora of unemployed youths, even if they were not paid well abinitio is not comparable to the Anguish they are facing now
your ijaw brothers that are landlords have slashed rents to ridiculous rates to lure imaginary tenants, these buildings i remember were their Gratuity and payoffs by the same companies you despise.
today they have lost their only source of livelihood thanks to your struggle

lets talk about your people in the creeks
for every pipeline you blow, that is more than 12'' carries hundreds of thousands barrell of crude depending on the flow station,this you release into the same Eco system you wish to salvage,aquatic lives are compromised and our health suffer.

MEND, do you still see those leafy fresh fruits u enjoyed in the delta in the 80's?
your struggle has forced them to extinction unfortunately, you don't even miss them, or you think shell's pollution caused it?
of course that is a good line of defense if you ask me.

lets talk about the Garden city
PH is now a mini barracks where every junction is a military parade, where military siren has taken over the squeaks from the humming birds in the city we used to know.
insecurity has forced even the beggars to hiding talk more of potential investors,
how do you expect the malls to be built, the exotic restaurants and admirable edifice that you dream befitting for the garden city
who will build them?
the expatriate you have all kidnapped?
MEND, when last did you price a fresh fish in the portharcourt market?
are you surprised the prices are exorbitant and they look shabby?
the reason is because your boys are holding siege at the water ways that the farmers prefer to consume their products at home and stay alive than crossing over to risk their life bringing it to
portharcourt,
and the shabbiness is a fall out of the fact that the desperate ones raise fishes in contaminated local ponds and bring it to the market for your people to consume unlike the ones raised in their
Natural Aquatic Microcosm or should i just say that they have been
poisoned.
I am sure your feasibility studies never highlighted these at the planning stage of the struggle.
Lets talk about the indigenous companies owned by your people
MEND, do you know how many Oil servicing companies you have sent packing as a result of your struggle?
some Multinationals that can migrate to another country and continue from where they stopped while some are indigenous owned by your people that can barely maintain a permanent residence in PH Let alone paying off staffs.
Can you imagine how many families most of them laid off staffs from producing companies and others from bankrupt servicing companies that curse you day and night in their prayers for hanging them on the brink of economic quagmire
Doesn't it bother you that porthacourt has copious taxi drivers these days or you think is still
about the bike?
my dear, they are desperate fathers you took away their means of livelihood
several companies in PH can hardly pay existing staff Let alone creating jobs thanks to your struggle.
at the demise of ph and warri, lagos is taking the credence.the west is booming their economy
is stronger than all the ijaw states put together.
Have you bothered to find out where the problem of the delta lies?
you ask for more wealth, yet the ones you were given fell into wrong hands and you are not bothered to seek justice,
hurricane moses, (if you will permit me to borrow your terminology) let me remind you that in the history of this country, no ex or seating politician has stolen more money than your brothers Ibori,peter odili,Alams,lucky igbinedion and co in this democratic dispensation. are they not your
brothers, now tell me who is marginalizing you?
Ibori and co or the Government of the day?another food for thought

I am really sorry for these ignoramus that think that you are fighting a just cause, to be honest, its obvious these people don't have the least inkling of what is happening in the oil and Gas industry.
people are loosing their jobs everyday, shell lays off contract staffs like nobody's business likewise other producing companies,
do you blame them? they are low on production,financial meltdown and crude prices are not helping matters, companies are packing up, families are suffering.Are you fighting for us or are you fighting us?
people are suffering and you call this revolution.
How more foolish can you be, the corrupt politicians that have your money are walking about the streets of Abuja and you Kidnap expertrates that repair your roads.
i don't just get it.
maybe some fools will tell me its a price that must be paid or perhaps a collateral damage that is necessary,
to me this one is unnecessary may your names (gbomo jomo and co) not sing the villain song for generations to come,
borrow a leaf from ken sarowiwa and pray that you don't end up like napoleon Bonaparte and his cohort Adolf Hitler at least he got a pint of dignity by taking his own life
i am not sure if you will be man enough to take your own life on the day of reckoning and not sing a new song of Amnesty like your Oga Henry okah
we have seen a lot of people like you both home and abroad,and to be honest,your likes always fail.
Do not be like my brother Emeka ojukwu who after serving as a colonel in the Nigerian Army and as a governor in the eastern region, knowing fully well the military capabilities of eastern Nigeria thinks that challenging his God to a dual was a better option than calling for super powers to back his Aburi conference or someother diplomatic means,
in the end, cowardice was still the case, he left with the last plane from uli airport
(a remote improvised airport in one of Anambra's suburbs)to reunite with
his father's friends and classmates in ivory coast when my father and my brothers were butchered in droves.
tell me is ojukwu better than Zik,Awolowo et al who took the path of diplomacy?
they are the real heroes and everyone knows that.
in the end his Nnewi sychophants gave him Ikemba for taking their lives and wasting their future
i put it to Ikemba that what his father achieved peacefully he can never achieve even in death,
the shell, the ACB and so many other investments and recognition the world over. And here is his sanguinary son wasting lives.
till today, have the igbos been liberated? Have the igbos had a steady senate president let alone smell Aso Rock, or he is waiting for another black president to rule America before he realises how much he has failed his people.
did we not all start life with 20pounds amidst dilapidated infrastructure and brazen war psychology.
look at where the yorubas are
coupled with our doggedness can you imagine where we could have been without this war?
make no mistakes MEND when the time comes, people will stand up against your animosity ,your people that you have poisoned their waters and taken their jobs might not be that generous to
give you an IKEMBA so in your interest, sheathe your sword

I wonder how much it will cost to dualize the East west road if and only if the hurricane will be targeted to the likes of Olabode george,Atiku Abubakar etc.

I will Advise Mend to form an Anti corruption millitia, that will ensure zero tolerance for corruption, i bet you that The Niger delta will be liberated even with the oil companies existing.Hunt these lunatics in power, pull down their empire, kidnap them, Recover the money then Use it to dualize East west road.
Every ND politician will have fear, Use your supremacy and install fear in these bastards and everyone will champion your cause.
Dont bother about where you will get your funding, these companies that you will soar their profits in the long run will support you, the world in diaspora will support you also well meaning Nigerians will fund you.

Make no Mistakes, the benefits of a corrupt free Nigeria Can never be undermined

lest i forget, Intels owned majorly by Atiku is a great beneficiary of his self championed ports concession. he almost took over a province in the niger delta and beyond talking about Onne and Calabar ports without due process, yet the logistics dat will cripple such corruption proceed is minimal yet Mend looks the other way.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jpphilips(m): 6:33pm On Feb 22, 2010
LET THEM BLOW UP THE PIPELINES!!!

Oil is the glue that keeps Naija together. I am glad my family does not depend on oil. We are doctors, lawyers and educators, therefore we have no need for oil.

Lazy fools who depend on oil. I hope you all suffer slowly!!! Angry

And If the the oil money build no hospital where your folks will practice then you live on,
And if your Hospital cannot employ more than 50 people whereas An oil company can then unemployment will be,
And if the oil Money build no court, then your folks and the justice system will be,
And if the staffs in oil companies don't have their children in your schools then your profit will be,
And when you are juxtaposed with your contemporaries in the oil and gas sector you are,

Guess the Arse hole has got some cerebrum
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by ezeagu(m): 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2010
jp philips:

And If the the oil money build no hospital where your folks will practice then you live on,
And if your Hospital cannot employ more than 50 people whereas An oil company can then unemployment will be,
And if the oil Money build no court, then your folks and the justice system will be,
And if the staffs in oil companies don't have their children in your schools then your profit will be,
And when you are juxtaposed with your contemporaries in the oil and gas sector you are,

Guess the Arse hole has got some cerebrum

I guess your argument is that a country without oil profits cannot survive, which makes me wonder what state of hell-on-earth Nigeria must have been before the 70's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Henry Okah On Trial In South Africa / BREAKING: Oba Of Egbeda Is Dead / Youths! If PMB Is Kicked Out In 2019, Whom Are We Going To Kick In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.