Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerians Have Done It Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have Done It Again (927 Views)

70% Of Nigerians Have Lost Hope In Pres. Jonathan / Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan / Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have Done It Again by Shoot2Kill: 10:48am On Feb 07, 2010
The Hawks have smashed what is believed to be a major drug smuggling ring. They have arrested six people during raids in Johannesburg and Cape Town.

One of the suspects was arrested in Cape Town and the other five in Johannesburg. All of them are Nigerian. The raids were carried out in Cape Town, and Carlswald in Midrand, Germiston and Dainfern in Gauteng.

Officers together with the Asset Forfeiture unit also seized $150 000, a locked safe, the house in Carlswald near Midrand, and three vehicles. The Germiston property is believed to belong to the company used by the suspects to launder money.

The arrests form part of project Chameleon which has been focusing on a network involved in the smuggling of drugs from South America to South Africa.

Meanwhile, a woman suspected of being a drug mule has been arrested for allegedly carrying drugs valued at about R1.6 million at the Cape Town International Airport, Western Cape police said today.

Inspector November Filander said the 26-year-old woman was arrested yesterday after a tip-off that she would be flying from Johannesburg to Cape Town in the late afternoon. On searching her luggage, police found 4.5kg of tik hidden in cereal boxes. The woman is expected to appear in the Bellville Magistrate's Court tomorrow to face possession of drugs charges.

Source : http://www.sabcnews.com/portal/site/SABCNews/menuitem.5c4f8fe7ee929f602ea12ea1674daeb9/?vgnextoid=98bc740070996210VgnVCM10000077d4ea9bRCRD&vgnextfmt=default
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by edoyad(m): 10:59am On Feb 07, 2010
Trust us now, we don't disappoint. Quick money syndrome. Now mr RSA will come and drop one of his comments
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by snowdrops(m): 11:00am On Feb 07, 2010
Drug dealers = scum of the earth
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by MeAboki(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2010
I wonder what ethnicities of Nigerians are involed?
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
Me_Aboki:

you mean you dont know
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by safeact(m): 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
Let them continue d game. Na their head, it go dey fall. Excuse me pass jare.
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by kobojunky(f): 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2010
@poster.

Is it also NIGERIANS that are responsible for the 50 homicides per day that happens in SA?
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by Shoot2Kill: 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2010
kobojunky:

@poster.

Is it also NIGERIANS that are responsible for the 50 homicides per day that happens in SA?

Yes it is true that tthere are 50 homicides per day in SA and i am sure there are over 50 homicides per day in the USA but that does not give us Nigerians the right to go to other people's countries and commit crimes that will tarnish the image of our nation. How many South Africans do you find in Nigeria selling drugs or pimping women? Instead South African companies are coming to Nigeria to create businesses and create jobs for Nigerians. MTN ,Mnet ,Shoprite ,Game and Stanbic bank are just a few of the SA companies in Nigeria contributing to our economy.
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by Shoot2Kill: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2010
Me_Aboki:

Chai u are wicked o! grin
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by MeAboki(m): 3:08pm On Feb 07, 2010
Abeg which time question become wickedness.

~Bluetooth:

you mean you dont know

No, please enlighten us (after all many ppl dey illiterate for north kiss Nigeria)
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by edoyad(m): 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2010
^ and you are proud to even come out and say many hausa people are illiterate, i feel sorry for you.
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by MeAboki(m): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2010
Feel sory for yourself because, for a presumably well educated man, you obviously cant read.
Kindly refer to where anybody mentioned hausa or any specific tribe through out this read?
Pls dont derail topic, simply because it does not suit your agenda.
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by edoyad(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2010
When illiterates in the "north" are mentioned, please who do you think is the subject ? Is the berom man, kogi man, southern kaduna man, benue or idoma man ? Do any of these people I've mentioned not send their children to school ? Do any of them have almajiris on the streets with 14 year old daughters being married off ? Please educate alhaji aboki
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by MeAboki(m): 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2010
No you find them under the tree wasting away drinking burkutu (local brew) and their daughters prostituting all over our towns, cos thats what they mainly good at.

By the way, your response is off topic, therefore I will not indule you again unless on the issue at hand.
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by MrCrackles(m): 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2010
Very good news. . . .
Lock them all up forever, bloody raaaassclats!!
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by edoyad(m): 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
Aboki, open your dictionary and check for burukutu in it if you know how to use one. FYI It is an African alcoholic brew of which other variations are known throughout Africa. Even Yvonne chaka chaka is known to have made a song in honour of the south African version of it. And as for the prostitution you mentioned, i am yet to come across any data mentioning the middle belt as being the nest of prostitution in Nigeria.
Now, pious almajiri man, please tell us which people are on record for having the highest rate of poverty, illiteracy and beggarly elements on our land ? Or do you dispute that fact ?
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by MeAboki(m): 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2010
Poverty, illiteracy, and begging are not the issue of this discussion, however, FYI neither is any of them a crime; but dealing in illicit drugs is - surely isn't that the issue at hand - apparently all that schooling cannot even serve you well enough to be able to stick to a simple topic.
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by edoyad(m): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
How can the level of illiteracy and poverty in one part of a country not affect the other parts. After their shops are burnt and goods looted in religious riots what option do they have than to migrate to countries and sell drugs ?
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by MeAboki(m): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
How does your above reasoning/justification for drug dealing reconcile with the earlier position you took in another post i.e. it was due to quick money syndrome?
edoyad:

Trust us now, we don't disappoint. Quick money syndrome. Now mr RSA will come and drop one of his comments
How come the motivation of these criminals suddenly changed from desire to make quick money to beings victims of religious riots?
Talk about shifting the goal post - if you get what I mean.

In any case, should such criminalty along with its attendant consequences upon the community be condoned? Is it ok to poison innocent people with drugs?
Re: Nigerians Have Done It Again by edoyad(m): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2010
You don't know how an under achieving economy drives it citizens into desperation ? Go and read about the 23 year old who will be losing his arm over theft of 70k then we can talk.

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua Loyalists Decide New Strategies Against Jonathan / Bloody Riot Averted In Kazaure / Yar'adua May Return To German Hospital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.