Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? (24607 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Daycare In The Workplace / Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? / 4 Types Of Workplace Discrimination Common In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
MadCow1:

O No!!!! grin grin Brah No..... grin grin

Fucking No you didn't. . grin

That Fucktaard can't possibly come back from this.. grin

Brah, I had to. This fool is so stupid I had to use his stupid defiance and statements to humiliate him. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He has come back, now "ban of prayer in public places" is "ban of prayer in government public places". grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by sonofthunder: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
via hypocrisy.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:
The name Emmanuel was given to me by my Parents it wasnt my choice bro....
u are at d liberty of changing it.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
vakjay08:
u are at d liberty of changing it.

im cool with it

even Apostle johnson Suleman did not change his muslim name
so who am i? lol
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:

im cool with it
even Apostle johnson Suleman did not change his muslim name so who am i? lol
ur cases ar nt similar. Suleman is Solomon u knw.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
vakjay08:
ur cases ar nt similar. Suleman is Solomon u knw.

ehn why didnt he change it to solomon??

i really feel names dont matter
since you didnt chose em
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:

ehn why didnt he change it to solomon??

i really feel names dont matter
since you didnt chose em
ok mr God with us. Why do u tink dat God does nt exist?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2017
vakjay08:
ok mr God with us. Why do u tink dat God does nt exist?

Why do youthink that GOD exists?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Why do youthink that GOD exists?
i asked u first. besides i dont tink,i knw God exists.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
vakjay08:
i asked u first. besides i dont tink,i knw God exists.
Which of the various Gods do you serve?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by tomdon(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
MadCow1:

It's in all of us..

Theism is a programmed trait. Everyone of us was born an Atheist (i.e without religious affiliation).. We only become Theist due to upbringing, society and environment.

I am sure as a kid, when you heard the stories from the Bible, you had a ton of questions and doubts. But seeing as most of your questions were met with "just believe" or "you can't question God" or "God is mysterious" or "Go pray and ask for answers", you were subconsciously programmed to just go with it despite the doubts you harboured and still suppress till this very moment.

The Atheist is one that has decided to challenge the norm. I am not afraid of hell because just like God, Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Lochness Monster (i.e Nessy), nobody has seen it or can prove it exists.

So if and when I die there is indeed a Hell, I am prepared to walk into it, give the Devil a hug and go take my spot. But nobody will limit the way I live this life that I am sure of in exchange for a fairy tale life I can only see when I die.

How higher is your standard of living compared to a believer??
Your freedom to sin anyhow you like abi, continue, it will lead you to doom starting from earth to eternity.
Your nefarious activities will be caught hence, most of you will not die good death.
I believe in the being who's above all,
We differ in our beliefs.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
tomdon:

Your freedom to sin anyhow you like abi, continue, it will lead you to doom starting from earth to eternity.
Your nefarious activities will be caught hence, most of you will not die good death.

What kind of death do Christians die?

Sweet death with a drizzle of fresh honey?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
tomdon:

If you need the threat of punishment in the afterlife to make you a morally upright human being then you really were never a good human being just pretending to be one so you don't get punished.

Your God isn't above me that's for sure.

And I am not saying I am righteous, but as far as humans go, I am far from the worst. And I don't need the fear of hell to know that I need to do good to all Men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Humanistme: 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor! felixomor Felixomor! how many times did I call you? �� cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Humanistme: 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:
Rubbish This belongs in the place below........

Next! lipsrsealed
madcow and co finished you in this thread sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by princeogbeide1(m): 1:35am On Jul 26, 2017
princeogbeide1:

I smell foolishness and ignorance in ur ideas.

You are a male and u are talking like this? Well it's not everybody that is meant to talk
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by tomdon(m): 5:54am On Jul 26, 2017
MadCow1:

If you need the threat of punishment in the afterlife to make you a morally upright human being then you really were never a good human being just pretending to be one so you don't get punished.

Your God isn't above me that's for sure.

And I am not saying I am righteous, but as far as humans go, I am far from the worst. And I don't need the fear of hell to know that I need to do good to all Men.

Where in my assertion did I mention the threat of punishment in the afterlife as a precursor to moral uprightness??
Don't assume blindly cos it is first demanded of man to be upright.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 26, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Which of the various Gods do you serve?
There is only one God. The God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob. The God who was,is and wil always be.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2017
vakjay08:
There is only one God. The God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob. The God who was,is and wil always be.
So the other 4000 Gods came to sell groundnut abi?
they are not true gods?

Thats one of the problem with theists
they think there God/Religion is the superior one

please be open minded

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 26, 2017
emmayayodeji:
So the other 4000 Gods came to sell groundnut abi?
they are not true gods?

Thats one of the problem with theists
they think there God/Religion is the superior one

please be open minded
ok i refer u 2 found out abt Aimee Semple McPherson. Then u get bk 2 me. 08100923771
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2017
tomdon:

Where in my assertion did I mention the threat of punishment in the afterlife as a precursor to moral uprightness??
Don't assume blindly cos it is first demanded of man to be upright.

This is what you said to me below;

So basically you think an Atheist "sins" with reckless abandon just because they don't believe. Then you went ahead to place a threat that our sinning will lead to our doom. You even stretched your baseless assumptions to include Atheists commuting "nefarious activities".. You clearly didn't proof read your own post.

I simply corrected that notion.. An Atheist does not need the fear of eternal doom to know the right thing to do and what not to do.

People who are engaged most times in sin are the believers. The only reason they repent from them is the guilt brought on by the fear that they are being watched on a global CCTV by the Invisible man in the sky. Example, believers are the ones praying for their perceived and imaginary enemies to die. Be it a believer in the established Gods or the smaller traditional Gods.

If anyone e assumed blindly, it was you who hold the belief that just because a person does not believe in your imaginary God, they Sin and commit nefarious acts. It's there in your post. So my advice to you is that you take your own advice on assuming blindly.

grin grin grin
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by balarabe01(m): 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
HughJazz:
what a load of crap. there are billions of billions of stars in our galaxy and more billions of and billions of galaxies in the the universe. come to think of it. there might be more universe of there we don't know of . if you can prove God created the universe and everything i will believe in God right now.
ok
who created those billions of stars in the galaxy?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by HughJazz(m): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
balarabe01:

ok
who created those billions of stars in the galaxy?
we don't know who made the universe . but what we need to know and understand is how the universe came to be not who made it . stars are made when cosmic dust clouds comes together due to gravity then a core is made due to the gravitational force.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 27, 2017
vakjay08:

Well that's a British God nah, check out his followers..... Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, John, James, etc.

We have at least 10,000 gods on earth presently.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by 9JATEMPEST: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2017
Leonbonapart:
Steve Job: go and search his later end
Mark isn't atheist you hediot....

Go and kill yourself atheist wannabe

I don't blame you but the noddles you carry around called brain.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Leonbonapart(m): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2017
9JATEMPEST:

I don't blame you but the noddles you carry around called brain.
na over exposure make you dey deny your the existence of your God... You will regret it you do not repent

Atheist wannabe
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by balarabe01(m): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=HughJazz post=58812000]what a load of crap. there are billions of billions of stars in our galaxy and more billions of and billions of galaxies in the the universe. come to think of it. there might be more universe of there we don't know of . if you can prove God created the universe and everything i will believe in God right now.
thanks for reminding me.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Ignyte(m): 7:41am On Sep 09, 2017
Rozaytee:
Look at wats going in world the evil,d deaths,d killing,..we are facing tryin times in d world...everybody is tryin to cling to God to save their souls from despair...while some group of brain-washed odes-mumus..are sayin God deos not exist...infact una matter worst pass satan own sef...atleast satan knew God sef...una matter ehn..na holy spirit go help una...

There's always been evil and death and killing. Make more dense next time.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by ScienceWatch: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
Leonbonapart:
I suggest you quit the Job because the God you don't believe exist, is the same that established the company and they are acknowledging him and giving him the glory for the continuation of it.

My dear atheist wannabe quit!!!! Go and work in atheist group of company
Mmmm, excellent !!

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by ScienceWatch: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
setelity:
I'll just pray halfheartedly and let sleeping dogs lie.

Aaaah ! You dont have to do that. Just call on the name "Richard Dawkins" for help. Ask for the god of "Evolution" to
evolve the management back into the fish they were millions of Atheist years ago.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by ScienceWatch: 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
adepeter26:
Lol.....

I will speak in tongue join their matter.....
For an Atheist that hate God, it is always a good idea to say something nice.
You could get all the workers respect by saying something nice like this;

Good morning I am sort of happy that you have all gathered here today.
I know that you all prefer honesty.
So I am respectfully going to be damn honest with you all.
This event is certainly stressing me because I hate God and Jesus and Muhammad and Allah.

It is this hatred that has increased my intellect and given me the power to excel above you all, even though I only
started with the company three weeks ago. I have the ambition to become your CEO/boss soon.

Without further ado, I call on the power of the prophet of Atheism "RICHARD DAWKINS"
It is by his power that I look down on you all as stupid, AS FOOLISH TIME WASTERS !

My god of Evolution will evolve you all downwards to monkeys, so I can control and oppress you soon.
I am an unregistered Atheist right now, but all this will change as soon as I get my promotion
Then I will afford the 27,000Niara monthly fees/tithes my prophet of Atheism demands.

Very soon you all will have the pleasure of hating a god that do not exist.

I wish you all the best till our next gathering. In DAWKINS NAME !
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by ScienceWatch: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2017
Leonbonapart:
I suggest you quit the Job because the God you don't believe exist is the same that established the company and they are acknowledging him and giving him the glory for the continuation of it.

My dear atheist wannabe quit!!!! Go and work in atheist group of company
Well said Sir. Religious people should be smart on the job. Muslims and Christians must never ever commit the sin of bowing to Atheists demands to "PROVE" the existence of God. God has already proven it to them. Let them prove to themselves that God don't exist !!!!

I have never committed this SIN. Who remembers the command, "DO NOT THROW YOUR PEARLS TO THE SWINE?"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work / Another Nigerian Military Officer Distinguished Himself In Australia / President Buhari Appoints Orji Ogbonnaya Orji as NEITI boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.