Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. (18717 Views)

Live Online Radio On agitation for Regional Govt/Oduduwa Republic / Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by tundexijim(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:
Finally.

But they still seem to lack the courage to confront Fulani except Fayose.

Diplomacy hardly works with them Northerners, unless it results in you playing a subservient role to them.

if insulting buhari everyday is ur own definition of confronting fulani, u are on a long thing. buhari is a good man..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
ok brother.
sorry correct yourself please! Benin kingdom not empire
BEDC member spotted as predicted. grin cheesy
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by banio: 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
Regional government favoured the major tribes. Regional banks, which got their funds from the minority, gave loans without collateral to the majority - and virtually all loans were not repaid. They bought landed properties of the minorities and enslaved them the more. My suggestion is let's start with financial restructuring. Each State should control her resources and remit to the Federal government. State policing also should be adopted.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Rexnegro(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
Good but not best news.untill kwara state gornernor , some delegates from kogi too before I will take them serious. We can't neglect them, kwara is even more of yoruba than ondo.
kwara more yoruba than Ondo? but I tell You say That weed no Good for You still You no hear ehn...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by PenSniper: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Ogbeni, I am Yoruba. You don't need to tell me about flattinos. This is about yoruba and not ipod. the low self esteem Yoruba muslims suckkk the dickkk better.

If you are truely Oodua, then please don't allow any divisive factor into our affairs. We must not deviate from the precepts of our forefathers.
Awolowo and AG leaders left a blueprint for us to emulate.
Hardly do you find a family in yorubaland that does not have practitioners of 3 religions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
tundexijim:

if insulting buhari everyday is ur own definition of confronting fulani, u are on a long thing. buhari is a good man..
Well, the people of Nigeria have to decide that if he's good or evil. Luckily I briefly met Buhari when he was a military head of state. I doubt if you have ever met him one on one.

Those who praise or insult him most likely have their reasons. Either because their personal economic fortunes have improved or worsened under his regime or because they belong to the pathetic group who just follow the herd. Any herd.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

You're so funny I swear! Who's Bini descendant? Lol!
There are many among them. I know because I know many. I have not claimed they all are.
The British really succeeded with their plant to limit the influence of Oba of Benin. First by taking Lagos, deposing Oba Kosoko, a Benin Loyalist in 1853. Then turning back Ado-Akure people coming to bring tributes & pay homage to Oba Eweka II in 1914. By the next coronation in 1933, that tradition had been lost.

Reason the Oba of Benin can choose The Iyase of Benin Kingdom (most senior Benin chief/second in command to the Oba/traditional prime minister) from Ondo/Ekiti if he likes. Two have been chosen in the past two hundred years. The best known being Okoro-Otun. I hope Otun rings a bell with you.

There is a lot of history you guys do not know. The majority tribes in Nigeria are relatively ignorant about many things in Nigeria. They focus so much on themselves and forget that the sun shines elsewhere also. I am always appalled at how much they do not know. Even well educated ones in diaspora.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kagawa10: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

There are many among them. I know because I know many. I have not claimed they all are.
The British really succeeded with their plant to limit the influence of Oba of Benin. First by taking Lagos, deposing Oba Kosoko, a Benin Loyalist in 1853. Then turning back Ado-Akure people coming to bring tributes & pay homage to Oba Eweka II in 1914. By the next coronation in 1933, that tradition had been lost.

Reason the Oba of Benin can choose The Iyase of Benin Kingdom (most senior Benin chief/second in command to the Oba/traditional prime minister) from Ondo/Ekiti if he likes. Two have been chosen in the past two hundred years. The best known being Okoro-Otun. I hope Otun rings a bell with you.

There is a lot of history you guys do not know. The majority tribes in Nigeria are relatively ignorant about many things in Nigeria. They focus so much on themselves and forget that the sun shines elsewhere also. I am always appalled at how much they do not know. Even well educated ones in diaspora.

Which one be Ado akure? You don mad..

Better get your sight off Ondo. No one is Bini in it! As a matter of fact, we were spurned by the Ijebus!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
Basic123:

Confront fulani and win election in Igbo land.Even if you do nothing after.That is how they think.

Everything is not about,making noise,shouting and confronting!

What has that to do with Igboland?

Confronting the North does not have to be shouting but taking a resolute stand on restructuring. What did the SW achieve in National Conference? That was the chance to speak up & insist on implementing it.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

Which one be Ado akure? You don mad..

Better get your sight off Ondo. No one is Bini in it! As a matter of fact, we were spurned by the Ijebus!

Yaba left man spotted. shocked shocked shocked

That you have no idea what Ado Akure is means you're a very uneducated agbero that is better ignored.

Like the usual coward, you will not dare mess with an SS man in real life. Enjoy your anonymous freedom behind your second hand phone.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by bayulll011(m): 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
Good but not best news.untill kwara state gornernor , some delegates from kogi too before I will take them serious. We can't neglect them, kwara is even more of yoruba than ondo.

lol pls enlighten me,kwara is almajiri we ve dash the northerners you guys can go we dont need attachee lagos-ondo-ogun-oyo-osun-ekiti is enough
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by GodIsBiafran: 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

ikpa which oil...?
make no mistake of eva puting the South (particularly Aks, in the same categorization as the East oo) correct urself...

He is correct - he means SE and SS area all Biafra land. Now, keep kwayet!
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kagawa10: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

Yaba left man spotted. shocked shocked shocked

That you have no idea what Ado Akure is means you're a very uneducated agbero that is better ignored.

Like the usual coward, you will not dare mess with an SS man in real life. Enjoy your anonymous freedom behind your second hand phone.

Were you not that started your rubbish? Lol!

I repeat there's nothing like Ado Akure here.. Let me inform you if you don't know, I guide my lineage jealousy, hence desist from your tales. There are no Bini descendants in Ondo state! Kapish..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by ConcernedNL: 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

Wetin be your own headache na? If I descend on you now, your people will say I don start my trouble ish again..

No vex, the truth is bitter
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by GodIsBiafran: 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
sasquareT:
where is sarrk?
you won't see him commenting on a thread that promote Yoruba unity but always quick to defend his Hausa and Fulani brother, please no one should call him a Yoruba man again, he is no where close to been a yoruba man.
ipob take note he is not part of us.

I agree 100% - we (Biafrans) have taken note. From now on Sarrki shall be described as the Fulani that he is. What a useless goat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by tundexijim(m): 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

Well, the people of Nigeria have to decide that if he's good or evil. Luckily I briefly met Buhari when he was a military head of state. I doubt if you have ever met him one on one.

Those who praise or insult him most likely have their reasons. Either because their personal economic fortunes have improved or worsened under his regime or because they belong to the pathetic group who just follow the herd. Any herd.

buhari meant well for this country. i can say that anywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by jpphilips(m): 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
wawappl:
IF THE FED CANT GIVE IT TO US,LETS DO IT OURSELVES. REGIONALISM AND RESTRUCTURING

Politicians are restructuring their pockets you are busy typing shit in your poverty.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

I repeat there's nothing like Ado Akure here.. Let me inform you if you don't know, I guide my lineage jealousy, hence desist from your tales. There are no Bini descendants in Ondo state! Kapish..

Your denial is irrelevant.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

Your denial is irrelevant. Jealously guarding a lie sums it all up. I am more convinced now that you're probably an immigrant from Igalla, Ebira/Igbira or even Fulani.

Such people are always desperate to belong that they form more native than native. I know your type. You are far less Ondo than myself. Because my relative is a first class Oba there. I guess you cannot point to a third class traditional ruler that is your close relative. One you can walk into his palace and be recognised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kris907(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
I am more a Yoruba man, i support every effort of these governors to give the best to the yoruba people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Basic123: 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

What has that to do with Igboland?

Confronting the North does not have to be shouting but taking a resolute stand on restructuring. What did the SW achieve in National Conference? That was the chance to speak up & insist on implementing it.
Is the stand of Afenifere different from that?

GEJ spent 8months after the national conference why cant he implement it?.....To show that the conference was a jamboree and 2015 campaign biscuit for us,instead of implementing it straight away,he had to set up another committee of few to look into what a multitude concluded on and using it to campaign.He used the conference to win Afenifere and OPC (apart from pipeline contract) over.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kagawa10: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

Your denial is irrelevant. Jealously guarding a lie sums it all up. I am more convinced now that you're probably an immigrant from Igalla, Ebira/Igbira or even Fulani.

Such people are always desperate to belong that the form more native than native. I know your type. You are far less Ondo than myself. Because my relative is a first class Oba there. I guess you cannot point to a third class traditional ruler that is your close relative. One you can work into his palace and be recognised.

First class Oba? Lol! Name the Oba na.. Shebi you don see Ado-Akure abi? Pele o.

Anyway, there are no Bini descendants in Ondo state! Abi na by force? No be only Igbira, you would soon see igbe!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by dataking: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
EdCure:
True. But they seem to be the only Southerners that are yet to accept the fact that Nigeria has failed beyond repair. Their large moslem population is their weakest link.

It is very disgusting how some of them defend abokkis as if their own lives depend on it.
Agbayas like Kayode Ogundamisi can never survive a day without making a case for his Fulani masters and patrons on the social media.

Listen to yourself. Idiot. So you would rather have yorubas be jews or Christians so they can support you ipob israelites. Mumu
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Basic123:

Is the stand of Afenifere different from that?

GEJ spent 8months after the national conference why cant he implement it?.....To show that the conference was a jamboree and 2015 campaign biscuit for us,instead of implementing it straight away,he had to set up another committee of few to look into what a multitude concluded on and using it to campaign.He used the conference to win Afenifere and OPC (apart from pipeline contract) over.

You must be a political novice. 18 months to the end of a tenure nothing controversial is done in Nigerian politics. Let alone 8 months. Just watch. As from December 2017, all focus will be on 2019 election. Lol.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

First class Oba? Lol! Name the Oba na.. Shebi you don see Ado-Akure abi? Pele o.

Anyway, there are no Bini descendants in Ondo state! Abi na by force? No be only Igbira, you would soon see igbe!
I will not name it but give you clues. A major political party was launched at the palace pre-independence. Reputed for its size too.

Go figure.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kagawa10: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

I will not name it but give you clues. A major political party was launched at the palace pre-independence. Reputed for its size too.

Go figure.

Lmao. That your relative must have been Oba of Ado-Akure! lol!

Stop boring me with your tales, we're no Bini descendants, rather Bini descended from Yoruba race!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Basic123: 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

You must be a political novice. 18 months to the end of a tenure nothing controversial is done in Nigerian politics. Let alone 8 months. Just watch. As from December 2017, all focus will be on 2019 election. Lol.
you dont have to abuse while proving your point.I forgive you on that.

Also,one doesnt justify abnormality because it has become normality.

What he did was abnormal.so,why organizing the conference 18months to the end if your tenure if its not scam and jamboree?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

Lmao. That your relative must have been Oba of Ado-Akure! lol!

Stop boring me with your tales, we're no Bini descendants, rather Bini descended from Yoruba race!
Lazy minds get bored by a simple intellectual challenge. Pele.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by DeLaRue: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

Actually, there are a few families in Akure, probably numbering no more than a couple of hundred people in total, who are of historic Benin origin. Their number is so small that the overwhelming majority of Akure indegenes has probably never heard of them or their story. I am not surprised you knew nothing about them.

Their fore parents were migrants who stayed behind in Akure. Nothing more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
Oodua a gbe wa ooo undecided
ybalogs:
Very true we now dig trenches for ourselves rather than work together. It will really be a good development if achieved. All the best awa omo ekaro ojire.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kagawa10: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

Lazy minds get bored by a simple intellectual challenge. Pele.

Which intellectual challenge? Just know we aint Bini descendant! In fact, it's the Binis who keeps denying their true origin, not us!
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kagawa10: 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
DeLaRue:

Actually, there are a few families in Akure, probably numbering no more than a couple of hundred people in total, who are of historic Benin origin. Their number is so small that the overwhelming majority of Akure indegenes has probably never heard of them or their story. I am not surprised you knew nothing about them.

Their fore parents were migrants who stayed behind in Akure. Nothing more than that.

I doubt it. I only know of the few folks in Akoko who speak something close to the Bini but that's just it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Edwin Clark (Photos) / The World Is Watching Presidential Election Petition Tribunal - PDP Tells APC / Deji Adeyanju: Atiku Has Nothing To Offer In The New Political Reality Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.