Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,027 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? (1760 Views)

Why Do Only Men Feel Dizzy After Sex? / 10 Strange Things All Men Have Done At Least Once / 10 Strange Things All Women Have Done At Least Once (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Princek12(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2010
Is Valentines Day a day to exchange gifts between couples, or is it a day for only men to buy gifts for their spouses? I have heard arguments from both sides of the issue. I am curious as to the opinion from Nairalanders.
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by baybbootz(f): 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2010
Does anyone even have to buy gifts.Must there be a day to nuy gifts and show love? why cant we do it any other day? undecided undecided
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
no one has to buy anything!
i don't see why people expect this and that and all this expensive shizz on V-Day
there are inexpensive ways to celebrate V-Day.
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Princek12(m): 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2010
I agree with y'all. Valentines day should be a day of sharing love, not necessarily gifts.
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
I show my Boo love everyday and Vice-Versa. . .so why should Val day be any special? undecided
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
baybbootz:

Does anyone even have to buy gifts.Must there be a day to nuy gifts and show love? why cant we do it any other day? undecided undecided
that is the thing I can not get over undecided
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2010
What the heck is all these rantings about gifts on Val's day? angry angry Why are you Nigerian men crying up and down on NL? angry angry angry This is like the fifth time I'm reading a thread like this. angry It's not by force to have a girlfriend or boyfriend if on val's day it becomes a tug of war who is accepting or recieving a gift. Nothing wrong in the gesture or the day itself but it's only mediocre relationships that would place much emphasis on such nonsense. angry angry
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by H2O2: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2010
Valentine is overrated. Everyday is a valentine for true lovers.
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by tkb417(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2010
stillwater:

What the heck is all these rantings about gifts on Val's day? angry angry Why are you Nigerian men crying up and down on NL? angry angry angry This is like the fifth time I'm reading a thread like this. angry It's not by force to have a girlfriend or boyfriend if on val's day it becomes a tug of war who is accepting or recieving a gift. Nothing wrong in the gesture or the day itself but it's only mediocre relationships that would place much emphasis on such nonsense. angry angry
na wa o, wetin concern u in this matter cheesy
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by ayettymama(f): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2010
the last time i heard

both parties are buying
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
stillwater:

They are broke brokes looking for every and any excuse not to spend money they dont have grin grin grin grin
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by H2O2: 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2010
it makes perfect sense for them to avoid spending money that they don't have.
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by baybbootz(f): 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2010
Valentine is overrated. Everyday is a valentine for true lovers
the whole hype is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy anoying and iritating.
Your in the car all the radio stations are all valentine crazed.
Tv stations same,eateries same,schools same(ma lil sis has to wear white and red the fridae before)
gzzzzz its geting on my last nerve.
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 08, 2010
tkb417:

na wa o, wetin concern u in this matter cheesy

It concerns me.

Ebonyeyes:

They are broke brokes looking for every and any excuse not to spend money they dont have grin grin grin grin

And you wonder why women run away from broke men. Who wants to be listening to such pitiful rants? undecided
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by TOPE20001(f): 11:35pm On Feb 08, 2010
H2O2:

Amen cool
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by platinumnk(f): 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

stillwater:

And you wonder why women run away from broke men. Who wants to be listening to such pitiful rants? undecided

^This wink

Valentines is a holiday undecided
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Amen cool

What's wrong with picking out a special day like valentines day to celebrate your love with your partner.
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by TOPE20001(f): 11:48pm On Feb 08, 2010
platinumnk:

^This  wink

Valentines is a holiday  undecided

so we have to wait till valentine till we knw our man must love n cherish us and even splash a lil money to buy us gifts? undecided

To me  . . . .everyday is val, i love suprises and there is nothing suprising abt val so therefore to me its OVER-RATED

OgidiBoy:

What's wrong with picking out a special day like valentines day to celebrate your love with your partner.

I hate it because its expected . . . . . . .i find it lazy grin
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Sauron1: 11:58pm On Feb 08, 2010
H2O2:

True. . . . . .but Naija babes still expect you to fork out N1000 Meat-pies from Sweet Sensation on 14/02. grin
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by TOPE20001(f): 11:59pm On Feb 08, 2010
~Sauron~:

True. . . . . .but Naija babes still expect you to fork out N1000 Meat-pies from Sweet Sensation on 14/02. grin

sharap. . . grin
i wnt sweet sensation's meat-pie, so book a flight
now thats a gift grin
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Sauron1: 12:00am On Feb 09, 2010
TOPE2000!:

sharap. . . grin
i wnt sweet sensation's meat-pie, so book a flight
now thats a gift grin

U sure you don't want the ones from GREGGS?
£1.25? grin
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by TOPE20001(f): 12:01am On Feb 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

U sure you don't want the ones from GREGGS?
£1.25? grin

Ewwwwww grin cheesy
i'd rather eat eba at those naija resturants which i find even more ewwwww sad
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Sauron1: 12:07am On Feb 09, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Ewwwwww grin cheesy
i'd rather eat eba at those naija resturants which i find even more ewwwww sad

Abeg, any gift is a gift.
A dude once bought em 10p small cakes as a Val cake for his chic.
Letz face it. . . .A cake is a cake. grin
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 09, 2010
A nice gesture from either but it's not neccesary
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 09, 2010
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww Gregs pies are rank. Talk about airfilled flour with factor-made meat.
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 09, 2010
The guys are feeling the heat right about now grin grin grin grin grin You had one year to plan this whole thing so dont fook up now. Either you choose to remain single or you get with the program grin grin grin
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by TOPE20001(f): 12:09am On Feb 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Abeg, any gift is a gift.
A dude once bought em 10p small cakes as a Val cake for his chic.
Letz face it. . . .A cake is a cake. grin

LMFAO grin grin grin grin
10P cake?
Now thats cheap, guess the guy that shops at one pound store for his girl is far better grin cheesy
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 09, 2010
Poundland gift shocked Now thats cheap as chips grin grin grin I will force him to return it and then end it there and then grin grin
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by googles: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2010
[size=13pt]its not mandatory to get gifts but if you must, i dont think it should be one-sided both parties should give
but hmmm valentine's is really overrated[/size]
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by KennyG6(m): 12:14am On Feb 09, 2010
whats all the kerfuffle about valentine day sef? my wallet shall be staying sealed till the end of the month, recession dey town!!!
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by TOPE20001(f): 12:16am On Feb 09, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Poundland gift shocked Now thats cheap as chips grin grin grin I will force him to return it and then end it there and then grin grin

Lmao . . there is a thread abt it here na grin grin

Kenny_G:

whats all the kerfuffle about valentine day sef? my wallet shall be staying sealed till the end of the month, recession dey town!!!

Stingy cheesy
Re: Valentines Day--only Men Have To Buy Gifts, Or Women Have To Also Buy Gifts? by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 09, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Lmao . . there is a thread abt it here na grin grin

Stingy cheesy
Are you kidding me? Poundland is shit let me guess he bought their exclusive eau de perfumes huh? Must have smelt of cat pi55? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Should I Do? / Am Confused. / Hot Victoria's Secret Gift For Your Sweetheart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.