Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Can We Break Loose From Kwara? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Break Loose From Kwara? (16499 Views)

Photos And Video From Kwara PDP Campaign Rally / Bolaji Abdullahi Withdraws From Kwara PDP Governorship Race / FG Directs Saraki-Led Appointees From Kwara To Resign Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 26, 2017
The chair on the far left of the picture, beside Fayose.

bakynes:

How true is the bolded above, I am not aware the Western Governors kept a seat for the Kwara state Governor. We all know the rest of Kwara state is 100% Yoruba (aside Ilorin with a mix of Yoruba,Nupe and Fulani) and will join us in the SW If Nigeria is to split.

The battle ground is Ilorin which some Yorubas Pre-colonization have sold their birthright to the Fulani's.

As for the Okun people in Kogi they will join us too but that of Jebba in Niger state is what I don't know how Yoruba they are, maybe someone can explain further.

Yoruba Land in present day Nigeria also extends to Edo the Akoko Edo people are Yorubas too same people with Akoko Ondo people, we are not sure if the Itsekiri people would want to join but they are our cousins just like Egun people.

Saraki to me is a Yoruba with Fulani Ancestry, his forefather is Fulani from Mali migrated to present day Ilorin married Yoruba woman and since then the generations after have married Yoruba so his case is just like Ross Barkley of Everton FC. His Grandfather is Nigerian married a white English woman and their half breed son married another English woman can you say Ross Barkley who is white is a Nigerian.
Saraki has 98% Yoruba blood only has ties with Fulani from his Ancestors.

Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2017
NubiLove:
The chair on the far left of the picture, beside Fayose.

Hmmm I can see it, but why didn't Ahmed Abdufatai attend this type of Important meeting? So these guys are more loyal to Hausa Fulani than their kins men.

I expect him of all people who is from Offa to attend such a meeting.

I can even see 8 Flags there with the 7th and 8th ones been Kwara and The Nigerian flag.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by DjAndroid: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2017
humblenature:
kwara and kogi alone? even lagos has been conquered
you dey find wahala grin grin grin
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2017
Maybe Ahmed Abdufatai was trying not to offend some people in Ilorin BUT he was meant to be in that meeting. Fayose is PDP yet he was there even though he didnt look like he wanted to be there.

bakynes:

Hmmm I can see it, but why didn't Ahmed Abdufatai attend this type of Important meeting? So these guys are more loyal to Hausa Fulani than their kins men.

I can even see 8 Flags there with the 7th and 8th ones been Kwara and The Nigerian flag.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2017
bakynes:

bro the reason is that kwara is not south west now
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2017
Baddestman:
Am sure he attends the Northern Governors Forum that's why he didn't attend this one.

If we are to reverse back to Regionalism will Kwara go with the Northern region or Western region? Why must Kwara be even zoned to the North Central and not South West.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2017
Ilorin may not be south-west because of the fulani emir thing but the greater majority of Kwara is south-west.

Baddestman:
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 26, 2017
If that happens they might have to split the Yoruba speaking parts of Kwara and merge them with Western Region.

bakynes:

Am sure he attends the Northern Governors Forum that's why he didn't attend this one.

If we are to reverse back to Regionalism will Kwara go with the Northern region or Western region?
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by ladiguy(m): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2017
NubiLove:
There was actually a 7th chair in the pictures meant for the Kwara State Governor but he didn't come, despite the fact that the man comes from a Yoruba Local Govt in Kwara (Ifelodun Local Government Area). Saraki was stoned with pure water, I think this year when he came for one of the Islamic celebrations... so I don't still understand why Bukola Saraki still has a grip on Kwara State. Bukola Saraki's father used to be the strong man of Kwara state politics, but he has died... so I don't even get the whole issue with Kwara (I mean the Yorubas in Kwara).

Nothing like the 7th chair . The meeting is for Southwest governors, not for Yoruba governors.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 26, 2017
NubiLove:
Ilorin may not be south-west because of the fulani emir thing but the greater majority of Kwara is south-west.

majority of kwara is south west? Or north central
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2017
NubiLove:

Ilorin is a complicated town, I even heard that the emir of ilorin is a Yoruba man by birth but raised in the Fulani culture.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2017
Baddestman:
Are you following the Political Zoning of Nigeria or the Yoruba nation. Other part of Kwara aside Ilorin which is a mix is 100% Yoruba in food, culture and tradition. They were part of the Oyo Empire.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2017
What I mean is Ethnic Yoruba. Not the mistake that Nigeria made for lumping as state that is predominantly Yorubas with Northerners.

Baddestman:
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 26, 2017
NubiLove:
What I mean is Ethnic Yoruba. Not the mistake that Nigeria made for lumping as state that is predominantly Yorubas with Northerners.

bro be cool grin we will find something to do to it.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 8:58am On Jul 26, 2017
NubiLove:
If that happens they might have to split the Yoruba speaking parts of Kwara and merge them with Western Region.

The battle will only happen in Ilorin since they already sold their birthright to the Fulani, they can have Ilorin for all I care but the rest part of Kwara up to Jebba and kabba in Kogi and Niger state respectively is coming with the SW to form the Ooduwa nation. Our brothers in Akoko edo too will join only the Itsekiri people will be approached if they want to join or not.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 26, 2017
bakynes:

Are you following the Political Zoning of Nigeria or the Yoruba nation. Other part of Kwara aside Ilorin which is a mix is 100% Yoruba in food, culture and tradition. They were part of the Oyo Empire.
i just corrected our brother that made mistake.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nwakaumu(m): 8:59am On Jul 26, 2017
bakynes:

Ilorin is a complicated town, I even heard that the emir of ilorin is a Yoruba man by birth but raised in the Fulani culture.
Forget about ilorin, hausa-fulani has conquered ilorin .and they are now heading to osun to insall another emirate.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2017
bakynes:

The battle will only happen in Ilorin since they already sold their birthright to the Fulani, they can have Ilorin for all I care but the rest part of Kwara up to Jebba and kabba in Kogi and Niger state respectively is coming with the SW to form the Ooduwa nation. Our brothers in Akoko edo too will join only the Itsekiri people will be approached if they want to join or not.
all kwara will join including ilorin,they can't take ilorin without jebba because jebba border the north not ilorin,as for niger state we don't want them they are Nupe.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2017
Yoruba Land is really big in West Africa, All the way from parts of Benin to Parts of Togo to SW Nigeria to Kwara to Jebba bordering Kwara and Niger state to Kabba in Kogi state to Akoko in Parts of Edo state.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by moninuola65: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2017
@Op
good of you.
The only solution to this problem is to kill the regional government, if at all we accept the regional government in any form either in secession or in regional govt. we can't have our people back!
We must go the same way American go, American didn't have regional government but states in federating unite under center government that's how Igbomina will be free from North, likewise Okun.
We have been lucky with the power given to the local governments now, when the local governments is independent of the state governments and we refused the regional government, the Igbomina local governments, okun local governments will be free to go to where they want to belong.
if there were Yoruba meeting, all the Yoruba chairmen local govt. either in kwara and kogi would attend the meeting like wise the state governors of Yoruba states.
But with regional government it wont be possible.
That's the catch.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
Baddestman:
all kwara will join including ilorin,they can't take ilorin without jebba because jebba border the north not ilorin,as for niger state we don't want them they are Nupe.
You are right it is only Jebba and Kabba that borders with the North, Ilorin is in the heart of Yoruba Land.

Nupe land divides the Fulani land away Yoruba Land .
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Forget about ilorin, hausa-fulani has conquered ilorin .and they are now heading to osun to insall another emirate.
foolish osu man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2017
bakynes:

You are right it is only Jebba and Kabba that borders with the North, Ilorin is in the heart of Yoruba Land.

Nupe land divides the Fulani land away Yoruba Land .
so if we said we don't want fulani emir today,there is nothing that their poripogba iyalaya won can do to it,fulani fear us in time of war,they can never forget the war of Osogbo and jalumi.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2017
moninuola65:
@Op
good of you.
The only solution to this problem is to kill the regional government, if at all we accept the regional government in any form either in secession or in regional govt. we can't have our people back!
We must go the same way American go, American didn't have regional government but states in federating unite under center government that's how Igbomina will be free from North, likewise Okun.
We have been lucky with the power given to the local governments now, when the local governments is independent of the state governments and we refused the regional government, the Igbomina local governments, okun local governments will be free to go to where they want to belong.
if there were Yoruba meeting, all the Yoruba chairmen local govt. either in kwara and kogi would attend the meeting like wise the state governors of Yoruba states.
But with regional government it wont be possible.
That's the catch.

That is why dividing this country into Ethnic independent countries will be an herculean task, because you will find up to 20 different nations from Nigeria alone.

Check out the map of ethnic nations from the third page of this thread.

The United Nation cannot split Nigeria into 20 nations some similar Ethnic nations will have to come together to form a country.

Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri-Gwari etc will have to form one country

Yoruba-Egun-Itsekiri another Country

Edo-Urhobo another country

Igbo-Ikwerre-Ndoni- Etche another country

Ijaw another country

Tiv another country

Idols another country.

At least 10 countries our of Nigeria.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 26, 2017
OPC branch is even in ilorin,for you to know that if nigeria breaks,ilorin is ours,even i used to hear the hausa say they don't want kwara because they are yoruba!
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by robotix: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2017
sekxy:
I can see why you yorubas have to attack Igbos each time BIAFRA is mentioned. .you are afraid to join your Fulani kinsmen because they will drag you to north..okay o

Who asked u to put ur mouth here and did they mention Biafra in this thread why are you people so shamelessly defacing Igbo, why?
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by bakynes(m): 9:24am On Jul 26, 2017
Baddestman:
so if we said we don't want fulani emir today,there is nothing that their poripogba iyalaya won can do to it,fulani fear us in time of war,they can never forget the war of Osogbo and jalumi.
How true is this rumour that the current Emir throne has been reassigned to Yorubas in Ilorin.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2017
bakynes:

How true is this rumour that the current Emir throne has been reassigned to Yorubas in Ilorin.
no emir has not been given to yoruba because it is saraki political ambition,if saraki do it now,the north will not support him again,bro just be cool grin ilorin is ours.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nwakaumu(m): 9:28am On Jul 26, 2017
Baddestman:
foolish osu man.
Berebe,afonja has sold you people to the gambari.enjoy you slavery ,ilorin is in the safe hands of the fulani.

1 Like

Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 26, 2017
I wonder why some yoruba are fearing over ilorin if we said we want ilorin in oodua grin,there is nothing
that their poripori iyalalaya won can
do to it,if not for british,we ransacked
and behead one emir in 18 century
but the british said you yoruba people be cool grin and we settled it.
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Berebe,afonja has sold you people to the gambari.enjoy you slavery ,ilorin is in the safe hands of the fulani.
you don't know the history that is why i won't argue with you,understand?
Re: Can We Break Loose From Kwara? by Philistine(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2017
bakynes:

Abeg stop attaching Yoruba's to Edo and itsekiri, attache by force or unity begging is not in our character.pls kindly desist. Sw+okun+Yoruba kwara is all we have !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Strike: IGP Orders Implementation Of New Salary Structure For Police / We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari / Akwa Ibom PDP Accuse Police AIG Musa Kimo Of Plotting Violence To Sabotage Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.