Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826874 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by honeyscottage(m): 8:42am On Feb 21, 2018
bbclue:

Hmmmmmmmm....the best guru in here... Maybe he didn't intend writing it....u assist him na....what is now the essence of him choosing and writing in his SOP.... why Canada why not Nigeria....is it not in the same space he will summary it.......

[b]Maybe he didn't intend writing it....u assist him na........Abi now. I really appreciate that. Anyway, I would like your own input and view in my drafted copy. Permit me to forward same to you.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:45am On Feb 21, 2018
Princeharris I have not seen u comment here....I don't need anybody to start side praise...

The elder in did forum said I should not talk....let body languages speak....

A word is enough for the wise....u know some notice me like his brother will start causing commotion.......

Oga me no no u......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2018
honeyscottage:

[b]Maybe he didn't intend writing it....u assist him na........Abi now. I really appreciate that. Anyway, I would like your own input and view in my drafted copy. Permit me to forward same to you.

Thanks.

Lol....me no get time oooo....oga/madam....right now am in my office...Auditing a company account.....we have order gurus like frankrobbn1......etc....Even me I like reading from page 1 to 13....

See ya later

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:56am On Feb 21, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Bblcue!
It's okay now. Please(Biko).

Yes my oga..I have stop na..I was only telling that princeharris not to support me...I don't need it....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:59am On Feb 21, 2018
Ggetter50:

Hey bro..

Congratulations on your medical call.

Since have been reading on this thread, I could see that your patience is worth of emulating, your contributions have tremendously helped many people on this forum, and I myself have gained a lot from your post, as you have answered my queries many times too. I noticed that, you don't throw an insult to correcting people, this is really nice of you.

However, I would like to tell you that, not everyone that criticize you hates or don't like you. You just have to manage people criticism without feelings of being downgraded, please always accept defeat whenever you are not correct. Nobody is perfect, in fact, nobody worth to be perfect. So far you are far from imperfections, I think you are good to go in life. You can see that, Frankrobbn1 has been accused because he writes diligently in a matured way, so this is not new.

I don't really know why people gave 36likes to the Man that accused you on here, but my observation was that, I always see in your write up saying " I help " . To me, it might be because of this. People don't really like it mentioning it yourself publicly that you help them, it looks so proud of you to them. Let people come out themselves to giving testimony.

I wish you, myself, and others all the best in the rest of our application. I hope you wouldn't take any offence from my write up.

@bbclue , You have communicated, and people have heard your voice. No one is flawless, so we should stop pointing all the time. It's more of you using an opportunity to speak out your true mind, saying you don't like his post. Please, don't create conflict by comparing one moniker to another one. Everyone is unique in their own way. Let sleeping dogs lie, sister. All the best.

Agent... Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:06am On Feb 21, 2018
tkObserver:
Hello everyone, Please I need your assistance. I am planning to travel to Barbados on vacation. This is to enable me work on my travel history (I have had denials at about 3 embassies because of that). I chose barbados because it is visa free to Nigeria and also an opportunity for me to visit that part. However, i learnt I will have to get a[b] transit visa[/b] since my booking shows im gonna have to transit tru canada [/b]airport. Please can u all help me with this info:
1. How to go about the application
2. IMPORTANT...[b].how long
it takes for the embassy to issue a transit visa (because i know their visitor visa takes about 3 months)
3. Likely requirements because I was once denied a VISITOR visa but Im hoping to apply for TRANSIT this time. (Hope my refusal doesn't mean anything here since im not going directly to canada)

I have checked VFSGlobal website but i didn't see any info on transit visa application procedure.
Kindly help me out please.
Thanks....I need the info urgently

tkObserver,
Who told you travel history is the main reason for your refusals? All these while, did you care to order for your GCMS NOTES? What visa are you applying for student or visitors/tourist visa that you got refused for 3 times?

I must tell you, if you should package your application tightly, travel history has nothing to do with your application refusal.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:10am On Feb 21, 2018
honeyscottage:

Please I assist me with your e-mail address, mine honeys_cottage@yahoo.com

Thanks so much.

SOP REVIEW? YES!
Send it down.
Questions? YES!
Ask me on this forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by honeyscottage(m): 9:10am On Feb 21, 2018
bbclue:

Lol....me no get time oooo....oga/madam....right now am in my office...Auditing a company account.....we have order gurus like frankrobbn1......etc....Even me I like reading from page 1 to 13....

See ya later

Ok, do have a stress free day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by honeyscottage(m): 9:10am On Feb 21, 2018
bbclue:

See ya later

Ok, do have stress free day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by honeyscottage(m): 9:11am On Feb 21, 2018
bbclue:

See ya later

Ok, do have a stress free day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 9:16am On Feb 21, 2018
tkObserver:
Hello everyone, Please I need your assistance. I am planning to travel to Barbados on vacation. This is to enable me work on my travel history (I have had denials at about 3 embassies because of that). I chose barbados because it is visa free to Nigeria and also an opportunity for me to visit that part. However, i learnt I will have to get a[b] transit visa[/b] since my booking shows im gonna have to transit tru canada [/b]airport. Please can u all help me with this info:
1. How to go about the application
2. IMPORTANT...[b].how long
it takes for the embassy to issue a transit visa (because i know their visitor visa takes about 3 months)
3. Likely requirements because I was once denied a VISITOR visa but Im hoping to apply for TRANSIT this time. (Hope my refusal doesn't mean anything here since im not going directly to canada)

I have checked VFSGlobal website but i didn't see any info on transit visa application procedure.
Kindly help me out please.
Thanks....I need the info urgently

Lol..I don't think u need travel history for study visa....

Like the last week I travelled to south Africa for a seminar we have a stop over at Nairobi....since the next flight is the next day .me and other of my group went to there embassy and told them we will like to move round that we need a transit visa...we paid 20dollars and we did biometric.. And they stamp transit visa for us...that was for visiting visa...the two transit visa I have is when I have stop over I usually get them in DAT country we stop and connect to other flight
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2018
Nyjuwa2

Na you go subscribe for me when my sub finished ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

tkObserver,
Who told you travel history is the main reason for your refusals? All these while, did you care to order for your GCMS NOTES? What visa are you applying for student or visitors/tourist visa that you got refused for 3 times?

I must tell you, if you should package your application tightly, travel history has nothing to do with your application refusal.

Thank you very much for your response. I applied for visitor/tourist visa (TRV) then. Right now, i am planning to visit Barbados as a tourist but bc i would be transiting tru canada, i require a transit visa. Any info you can help with would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
Tunba28:
Hello house, I applied for my visa Jan 25 and was refused Feb 12. The following reasons were stated:
1. I'm not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to pay your tuition fees.

2. I'm not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to maintain yourself and any family member accompayning you.

3. You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay ticking:
- Travel History
- Purpose of visit
- Current employment situation
- Personal assets and financial status

4. Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your : qualifications, previous study and employment, level of establishment in your country and relationship to sponsor.

Please people, how do I go about responding to this? I'll like to re-apply ASAP

NB: My wife applied for open work permit alongside my study permit application as she will like to accompany me.

You only shared refusal reasons. Share your profile: docs submitted, POF, PGD/Master's/PhD etc., then people can know what you did wrong that resulted in this refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
tkObserver:

Thank you very much for your response. I applied for visitor/tourist visa (TRV) then. Right now, i am planning to visit Barbados as a tourist but bc i would be transiting tru canada, i require a transit visa. Any info you can help with would be appreciated.

tkObserver,
Please explore to the link below, as it is the best place to get answers to your questions.This thread is strictly for Canadian study visa not for visitors/transit/tourist visa.

https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion/187

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kinfinity007: 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
I applied to fanshawe college since Jan 26, and till now I haven't received any offer yet. Hope I am safe?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
Tunba28:
Hello house, I applied for my visa Jan 25 and was refused Feb 12. The following reasons were stated:
1. I'm not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to pay your tuition fees.

2. I'm not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to maintain yourself and any family member accompayning you.

3. You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay ticking:
- Travel History
- Purpose of visit
- Current employment situation
- Personal assets and financial status

4. Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your : qualifications, previous study and employment, level of establishment in your country and relationship to sponsor.

Please people, how do I go about responding to this? I'll like to re-apply ASAP

NB: My wife applied for open work permit alongside my study permit application as she will like to accompany me.

Tunba28

First and foremost apply for your GCMS note using this link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Secondly: while waiting for the arrival of your NOTES.. Use this link to prepare for your next application : https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662

Thirdly: Change your course and make sure your intended program is reasonable in control with your previous studies/job role.

Fourthly: Pay for your full tuition and have funds in your possession/account.

Fifth: Add both your sponsor and your personal bank statement to show proof of personal financial establishment. Moreso, remember to add necessary documents regarding your employment(CV's, introductory letters, promotion letters, employment letters, payslips etc..).

Moreso endeavor to establish proof of relationship to your sponsor i.e by showing previous transcations b/w you and your sponsor, birth certificates, marriage certificates, proof of payment of tuition.

Lastly, Prepare a rational explanation to why you opted out to study in Canada and not Nigeria, why the course, how this course would enhance your career prospects here in Nigeria, Show more interest in coming back home after your studies in Canada, provide strong ties to your home country by adding landed properties, building's documents, shares certificates and business investments in your name. Your wife is also a good tie(Why apply for a work permit at same time) she can do that once you have secured your TRV.

I strongly believe that putting all the aboved mentioned into consideration without getting your GCMS NOTE, your application will be approved.

All the best dude and sorry for the outcome of your application. It will end in praises in your next application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

tkObserver,
Please explore to the link below, as it is the best place to get answers to your questions.This thread is strictly for Canadian study visa not for visitors/transit/tourist visa.

https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion/187

Noted.
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Kinfinity007:
I applied to fanshawe college since Jan 26, and till now I haven't received any offer yet. Hope I am safe?

Why not call their international admission desk or write to them, they will be more than happy to give you more detailed update on your application.

Moreover, most universities/colleges make admission decisions for international students between Feb and March, so you are still safe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
hello everyone, please how is it possible to write maximum one page letter of explanation with all the information needed on it. its not easy at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2018
cecechi:
hello everyone, please how is it possible to write maximum one page letter of explanation with all the information needed on it. its not easy at all

It's not a maximum of one page. It can be more than one page. But I normally advise to make it as short as possible.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
cecechi:

There is no maximum amount of pages you must have on your SOP, it really boils down on your situation and personal circumstances, if you have much to explain go ahead, but make sure it's not boring to the reader (visa officer). I always advise applicants to make their SOP'S brief, precise and straight forward 2-3Pages at least.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
hello Frankrobbn1 ......

can you give me a list of affordable canadian universities that do not require gmat or GRE for post graduate studies

thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AyoPrudence(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

There is no maximum amount of pages you must have on your SOP, it really boils down on your situation and personal circumstances, if you have much to explain go ahead, but make sure it's not boring to the reader (visa officer). I always advise applicants to make their SOP'S brief, precise and straight forward 2-3Pages at least.

I appreciate how detailed you've been in answering and helping out most people out here. I'm new here and would like to know how to get started with application. But, I like to also ask which is best between paper route or online route?

Secondly, please can I get a sample of SOP from anyone here as a guide to draft mine?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good evening everyone. Does anyone knows whether Seneca college offers PGD ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2018
AyoPrudence:

I appreciate how detailed you've been in answering and helping out most people out here. I'm new here and would like to know how to get started with application. But, I like to also ask which is best between paper route or online route?

Secondly, please can I get a sample of SOP from anyone here as a guide to draft mine?

Thanks

AyoPrudence

BREAK DOWN BETWEEN ONLINE ROUTE AND PAPER ROUTE

1-)The online route no one will correct your mistakes like it is done on paper route where VFS workers will make sure your papers are complete and are arranged accordingly before submission.

2-) If you have scanners and a desktop/system close by, online route is okay. But mind u, u need to compress your documents before you upload them and you will need to complete payment with your credit card, but the paper route you are to pay at the counter.

3-)The online route, after submission you will get notification a day or 2 days depending at times 1week to proceed for your biometrics. While the paper route, you will complete everything that very day at the VFS office, then wait for the outcome of your application.

4-) Finally, Online route is more expensive (68K-70K) compared to paper route (55-57K)

So it's left for you to decide which best suit you. But be guided that none of them has added advantage to your TRV application.

In regards to the sample SOP you're requesting for, no one here can give out his/her letters to intending applicants. Explore to www.google.com there you can find varieties of sop's. Beware of plagiarism. I only review SOP's I don't give out samples.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
chokl8candie:
hello Frankrobbn1 ......

can you give me a list of affordable canadian universities that do not require gmat or GRE for post graduate studies

thanks in advance

chokl8candie,
You should www.google.com this first.

Explore to school like : Athabasca University, Royal Roads University and Thompson Rivers University MBA, they have Master of Arts programs that don't require the GMAT but their fees aren't friendly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

chokl8candie,
You should www.google.com this first.

Explore to school like : Athabasca University, Royal Roads University and Thompson Rivers University MBA, they have Master of Arts programs that don't require the GMAT but their fees aren't friendly.
hey bro. I graduated with 2.62/4.0 cgpa my transcript clearly shows that my school grade A starts from 90-100. With 2.62/4.0 can I get masters in Canada ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kinfinity007: 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
Has anyone in this room gotten an offer from The University of British Columbia without a GRE Test Score or GMAT?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kinfinity007: 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
I submitted an application for M.Sc in Chemistry to UBC without a GRE Test Score, I've lost hope in gaining the admission, are there possibilities of getting an offer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kylexy61(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
Kinfinity007:
I submitted an application for M.Sc in Chemistry to UBC without a GRE Test Score, I've lost hope in gaining the admission, are there possibilities of getting an offer?

If you applied for Fall 2018, it's not time to lose hope yet. We are only in February. Canadian Universities sometimes send out admission offers as late as April. When was your application deadline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
wealth360:
Guy u can misled people oooo. Who told you if you are not a citizen or PR you can't apply for GCMS? Please confirm before you drop anything here. To those who are concerned please it is legal for anyone who reside in Canada to help apply for GCMS @$5. Thanks

@jnyuwa

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.