Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837471 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
tkObserver:

Thank you very much for your response. I applied for visitor/tourist visa (TRV) then. Right now, i am planning to visit Barbados as a tourist but bc i would be transiting tru canada, i require a transit visa. Any info you can help with would be appreciated.
How many hours is the stop by in Canada? Most times if the stop by is less than 13hours you won't need a visa as you won't be allowed outside the airport but if it is above 12hours then you will need one, but another way is if your connecting flight is through the same airline then the airline will check you into a hotel while you wait for your next flight(if the hotel is outside the airport then the airline in connection with the country's immigration will stamp your ticket so you can go in)..... but your movement will be restricted to the hotel
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
chokl8candie:
hello Frankrobbn1 ......

can you give me a list of affordable canadian universities that do not require gmat or GRE for post graduate studies

thanks in advance
Sorry to say this but it is something someone(ME) needs to address, you could have simply type this on Google and you will get your answer. Most people don't want to do any research themselves that's why they fall victim or believe anything someone tells them (cos they don't do their own research so they can have a little idea of what they want). It is not personal but I think there are some questions that aren't suppose to be asked here anymore. It is either you read previous pages or ask Google to get your answer.
NB: No wonder the thread is moving so so fast, cos people keep asking questions that have been answered or questions that can easily be gotten on Google.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
valenti12:

@jnyuwa
And why did you quote him? Why are people like this for God sake? you quoted him to make yourself look like a winner or what? The earlier we stop all these the better. Even after he accepted he made a mistake then you still went behind to bring up a post that is more than a week old? Seriously? It is a pity

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
Tunba28:

Ok here is the profile:

All CIC forms
Going for PGD (Network Security)
Admission letter & 1st term tuition fee ($7,500)
Tax Clearance Cert and copy of LIRS card
Previous Visa to study in India
Marriage Cert
Father's death cert
Degree Cert & transcript (Computer Science)
MCITP transcript
CCNA, LINUX and MCITP training cert
Personal CAC docs & that of sponsor
Business SOA with 2.6M and sponsor's bank statements 12M, £7k+, £4K+
Family birth cert
SOP
2 landed properties
Sponsor's affidavit of financial support
NYSC cert
Police character cert
Copy of previous tickets

So peeps can you please help out? I was delayed.
Sorry for the delay, what was the reason for the delay? Also make sure you get your gcms note before you reapply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
mcobex:
How many hours is the stop by in Canada? Most times if the stop by is less than 13hours you won't need a visa as you won't be allowed outside the airport but if it is above 12hours then you will need one, but another way is if your connecting flight is through the same airline then the airline will check you into a hotel while you wait for your next flight(if the hotel is outside the airport then the airline in connection with the country's immigration will stamp your ticket so you can go in)..... but your movement will be restricted to the hotel

Thanks for your response. My flight from frankfurt FRA lands in Toronto at 16:30 (I guess thats 4:30pm) and is expected to depart Toronto at 8:15 (should be a.m I presume because the date is on the following day. Going by your analysis, thats about 16 hours if i'm correct. Or what do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Your brother can print his original US bank statement by simply logging online if he has online banking. Takes only minutes and he can email it to you. He can also transfer money into your dormiciliary account in Nigeria so easily. In 2-3 days it will be in your account in Nigeria. Ask him to transfer 10k to cover for your first year room and board. Since he is a close family relative, paying one year tuition is not necessary. If CIC want you to pay, they will let you know. Request also from him an affidavit of support. It's a sworn affidavit undertaking to support you and the reason why he is doing so. His drivers license, birth certificate and copy of green card or any legal status in the United States, need to be included. Don't forget to include a letter of explanation from your own end, expounding on your ties to Nigeria and the factors that would induce your return. Best!

Cc: AyoPrudence , to add to what you have said let him show his source of income(that is very important).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello Guys, pls i need your clarifications

1). About my ND Transcripts for my app, my school hasn't delivered it to my place of work since past 3weeks now and i went there of recent to complain, still nothing and its the only doc delaying my form. I have till Monday as the last day of submission for my app.
I don't know if i would be able to create another CIC account if my current account is automatically deleted after 26th? Should in case my Transcripts is still not delivered. Or is there any suggestion on how to go about the issue?

2). About the "Digital Photo" am to upload, i don't have the soft copy (Electronic file) with me just the hardcopy (Printed one), is it okay if i scan and upload it and how many copies?

3). Is it also okay if i snap some of my documents without scanning them? My phone camera is 13mp, though i will still compress and save them as a pdf files. Is uploading of docs with mixture of different formats accepted? I mean like, pdf+jpg, cause some of my documents are in pdf formats whilst others are jpg formats. Or must all be in pdf formats only?

4). If i'm done Compiling/Merging all the documents into one file accordingly (Academic, Employment, Financial and Other Docs). On the "Supporting Documents" Section, where would i upload it? Is is under "Proof Of Means Of Financial
Support"? And i was told that, i'm to upload only my SOP under "Letter Of Explanation" right? And only my Int'l Passport under "Passport (require)"? And only my Acceptance Letter + Tuition deposit receipt should be uploaded under "Acceptance Letter (require)" right?.

5). About my IELTS Exam, i was asked on my app form if i had any and i clicked "NO" though i took the Exam but, i didn't meet up with the school requirement which is at least minimum of 6.0 Band as Overall Score and at least minimum of 5.5 Band Score from each Part. But, i had 6.0 as Overall Band and i had 4.5 only on my Reading Part. And someone told me, it doesn't matter to the VO if i don't meet up with the school proficiency requirements that it won't stop them from giving me a Visa. So the person told me to include it in the docs and also click "YES" on the app form.
Do you think o should include it.
Moreover, my Intended school never asked me to upload my IELTS Result, only what i read on the requirements is "You May Be Asked For It" which i believed, its not compulsory.
Pls guys, i need your answers. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
tkObserver:

Thanks for your response. My flight from frankfurt FRA lands in Toronto at 16:30 (I guess thats 4:30pm) and is expected to depart Toronto at 8:15 (should be a.m I presume because the date is on the following day. Going by your analysis, thats about 16 hours if i'm correct. Or what do you think?
Just like I said earlier, If it is the same airline they will make provision for your hotel cos you can't stay I'm the airport for 16hours waiting for your next flight. Contact the airline and they will tell you everything. Don't bother applying for Canadian visa until you hear from the airline. NO FEAR!
NB: Saw your pm but sorry I don't respond to that for now, but feel free to ask whatever question you have on this forum and it will be attended to by me or any other person that can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hotcakept2: 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2018
maygreaves i have been mentioning you on this thread and you are just ignoring me. We dey quarrel? Please check your email and reply......thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hotcakept2: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
maygreaves i have been mentioning you on this thread and you are just ignoring me. We dey quarrel? Please check your email and reply or atleast quote me let me know you are seeing my message.....thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
Sleemzy13:
Hello Guys, pls i need your clarifications

1). About my ND Transcripts for my app, my school hasn't delivered it to my place of work since past 3weeks now and i went there of recent to complain, still nothing and its the only doc delaying my form. I have till Monday as the last day of submission for my app.
I don't know if i would be able to create another CIC account if my current account is automatically deleted after 26th? Should in case my Transcripts is still not delivered. Or is there any suggestion on how to go about the issue?

2). About the "Digital Photo" am to upload, i don't have the soft copy (Electronic file) with me just the hardcopy (Printed one), is it okay if i scan and upload it and how many copies?

3). Is it also okay if i snap some of my documents without scanning them? My phone camera is 13mp, though i will still compress and save them as a pdf files. Is uploading of docs with mixture of different formats accepted? I mean like, pdf+jpg, cause some of my documents are in pdf formats whilst others are jpg formats. Or must all be in pdf formats only?

4). If i'm done Compiling/Merging all the documents into one file accordingly (Academic, Employment, Financial and Other Docs). On the "Supporting Documents" Section, where would i upload it? Is is under "Proof Of Means Of Financial
Support"? And i was told that, i'm to upload only my SOP under "Letter Of Explanation" right? And only my Int'l Passport under "Passport (require)"? And only my Acceptance Letter + Tuition deposit receipt should be uploaded under "Acceptance Letter (require)" right?.

5). About my IELTS Exam, i was asked on my app form if i had any and i clicked "NO" though i took the Exam but, i didn't meet up with the school requirement which is at least minimum of 6.0 Band as Overall Score and at least minimum of 5.5 Band Score from each Part. But, i had 6.0 as Overall Band and i had 4.5 only on my Reading Part. And someone told me, it doesn't matter to the VO if i don't meet up with the school proficiency requirements that it won't stop them from giving me a Visa. So the person told me to include it in the docs and also click "YES" on the app form.
Do you think o should include it.
Moreover, my Intended school never asked me to upload my IELTS Result, only what i read on the requirements is "You May Be Asked For It" which i believed, its not compulsory.
Pls guys, i need your answers. Thanks
1. If you have your degree/diploma certificate you don't have to wait for your transcript before applying for TRV. I don't know what you mean by your CIC account being deleted but I know CIC still have your account details so you can still use it.
2. Yes you can scan your passport photograph and upload it
3. The type of type of each document is stated beside , so if they say "pdf" you must use pdf only and not pdf and jpeg, where they say "jpeg" as in the case of your passport photograph then you use jpeg only. Scan all documents even if your camera is 100mgpixel
4. Other documents should collect all your supporting documents, SOP......
5. If you tell CIC you took IELTS then you should show proof of it bit since you said you didn't cos you feel your score isn't enough then don't include it. IELTS result won't have any effect on your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
tkObserver:

Hello bro, pls can i speak with you freely. If u can let me have your number via email, i would love to call and ask some questions. Apologies if you find this disturbing
Sorry bro, I can't. It is not about you, please ask any question here and it will be attended to and other people can learn from it (rats the motive behind this great forum). Hope you don't mind?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=tkObserver post=65287096]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
mcobex:
Just like I said earlier, If it is the same airline they will make provision for your hotel cos you can't stay I'm the airport for 16hours waiting for your next flight. Contact the airline and they will tell you everything. Don't bother applying for Canadian visa until you hear from the airline. NO FEAR!
NB: Saw your pm but sorry I don't respond to that for now, but feel free to ask whatever question you have on this forum and it will be attended to by me or any other person that can

If you can recommend to me how to go about this, i'll appreciate. The thing is, the agent i contacted sent me the schedule (Lufthansa). And shortly after you last messag, I searched for Lufthansa airline nigeria customer care line and after speaking with the official, I realized that the agent didnt do a good job at all. the guy said, Lufthansa on that arrangement would only ply Lagos to frankfurt, and Frankfurt to lagos. He told me that I would have to work out the other connecting flights myself, contrary to what the travel agent told me. Pls, i really want to route Canada on my way, could you please refer me to a particular airline or agency that is indeed effective and trustworthy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
tkObserver:

If you can recommend to me how to go about this, i'll appreciate. The thing is, the agent i contacted sent me the schedule (Lufthansa). And shortly after you last messag, I searched for Lufthansa airline nigeria customer care line and after speaking with the official, I realized that the agent didnt do a good job at all. the guy said, Lufthansa on that arrangement would only ply Lagos to frankfurt, and Frankfurt to lagos. He told me that I would have to work out the other connecting flights myself, contrary to what the travel agent told me. Pls, i really want to route Canada on my way, could you please refer me to a particular airline or agency that is indeed effective and trustworthy
What does the ticket or printout the agent gave to you says? cos that should carry the name of the airline(s) that will take you to and fro. If Lufthansa is from Lagos to Frankfurt and back then there should be another airline taking you from Frankfurt to your final destination and back. So what does your ticket or printout says? It has to show the flight details from Lagos to your final destination and back.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
mcobex:
What does the ticket or printout the agent gave to you says? cos that should carry the name of the airline(s) that will take you to and fro. If Lufthansa is from Lagos to Frankfurt and back then there should be another airline taking you from Frankfurt to your final destination and back. So what does your ticket or printout says? It has to show the flight details from Lagos to your final destination and back.

I was sent a quote....with Lufthansa as the airline. Even before then, I had called the agency and they told me themselves that i would require a Transit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AyoPrudence(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Your brother can print his original US bank statement by simply logging online if he has online banking. Takes only minutes and he can email it to you. He can also transfer money into your dormiciliary account in Nigeria so easily. In 2-3 days it will be in your account in Nigeria. Ask him to transfer 10k to cover for your first year room and board. Since he is a close family relative, paying one year tuition is not necessary. If CIC want you to pay, they will let you know. Request also from him an affidavit of support. It's a sworn affidavit undertaking to support you and the reason why he is doing so. His drivers license, birth certificate and copy of green card or any legal status in the United States, need to be included. Don't forget to include a letter of explanation from your own end, expounding on your ties to Nigeria and the factors that would induce your return. Best!

oh! Okay. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
mcobex:
And why did you quote him? Why are people like this for God sake? you quoted him to make yourself look like a winner or what? The earlier we stop all these the better. Even after he accepted he made a mistake then you still went behind to bring up a post that is more than a week old? Seriously? It is a pity

And why must u still still repost....when he lied on me that I posted it ....u didn't see to that.....although remember dis. ...know be who u know go help u tomorrow......hypocrit.......let me just obey.....people that called me to stop....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
FRABKROBBN1

I WAS SENT A MAIL TODAY BY CIC TO PAY FIRST YEAR TUITION FEE...THREE OPTIONS WAS GIVEN TO CHOOSE.....but my school said I can pay tuition on arrive.....and I attached the email sent to me by my school.....

See u all in some months.....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Mr Frank! But why cry cry cry

You promised me Bro embarassed
Well, perhaps you should do me this favour
I will mail you two files just to be sure, i have the right Docs.
Thanks for all the help, really appreciate big time

Frankrobbn1:
Hello Forum!

I'm sorry to say this today, I no longer accept Pm's. Please if you know you PMed me and did not get a response from me, don't be offended.
I did this for the sake of this great forum, If you continue asking me questions outside this forum and I am giving answers to them, I am not doing good to the forum. What will be the fate of intending applicants and people of the same situation like you, how would they learn from it.

Please and please kindly ask your questions here so that the gurus can input their suggestions or better still quote my post I'll respond to your questions accordingly.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences this might cause. It will end in praises.
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Clahws: 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,
I got admission into Conestoga. I have graduated from school since 2009. I have been out of school for 9 years, though I did an online course with an American University that lasted for 6 months in 2015.
I want to apply for TRV with my uncle and his daughter as co-sponsors. They both have treasury bills worth 25,000,000 between them.
Uncle is a retired pensioner and has 4 landed properties. Cousin is gainfully employed and is a manager in a federal parastalsas.
I have no landed property(My mother has a house though), and I have 2.3 million in my account.
What are the documents I need and what are my chances of getting a TRV.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
bbclue:
FRABKROBBN1

I WAS SENT A MAIL TODAY BY CIC TO PAY FIRST YEAR TUITION FEE...THREE OPTIONS WAS GIVEN TO CHOOSE.....but my school said I can pay tuition on arrive.....and I attached the email sent to me by my school.....

Wow! Congratulations sister. When did you submit your application? Please let's private chat.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
SpeedndAccuracy:

boss...I hope you don't mind reviewing my SOP?

Sent you a PM already...

Keep up the good work...

God bless

Sir! Go ahead and send the SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 7:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
bbclue:
FRABKROBBN1

If I may ask, how did you apply? Online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
Sleemzy13:
Mr Frank! But why cry cry cry

You promised me Bro embarassed
Well, perhaps you should do me this favour
I will mail you two files just to be sure, i have the right Docs.
Thanks for all the help, really appreciate big time

Sir! You're free to send me your letters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ratawu: 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Wow! Congratulations sister. When did you submit your application? Please let's private chat.

please shed more light on the tuition fees payment request by the CIC and how you scaled through it.
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ratawu: 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
bbclue:
FRABKROBBN1

r
please shed more light on the tuition fees payment request by the CIC and how you scaled through it.
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
Clahws:
Hi Nairalanders,
I got admission into Conestoga. I have graduated from school since 2009. I have been out of school for 9 years, though I did an online course with an American University that lasted for 6 months in 2015.
I want to apply for TRV with my uncle and his daughter as co-sponsors. They both have treasury bills worth 25,000,000 between them.
Uncle is a retired pensioner and has 4 landed properties. Cousin is gainfully employed and is a manager in a federal parastalsas.
I have no landed property(My mother has a house though), and I have 2.3 million in my account.
What are the documents I need and what are my chances of getting a TRV.
in this kind of situation. You gave to provide an extremely STRONG SOP kus your chances of getting TRV seems slim. Well I'm not discouraging you bro..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
Jaylap:

I'm waiting for your mail to connect with you.

I replied your mail ... I did thrice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
bbclue:
FRABKROBBN1

Yesssssssssss! Hahaha I'm so happy for you .. Congrats
*trv_nurse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
@Jaylap @honeyscotta @pomscheri @fash2018 . Please fam check your mail... One love

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.