Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837580 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
Checked my cic account and on the medical report column, it's written you passed medical test. But the rest column is showing like "Still processing"... Please is this general to all cic accounts? Just curious
P.S::: I did medicals upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:09am On Feb 23, 2018
ChuksEbube:
Checked my cic account and on the medical report column, it's written you passed medical test. But the rest column is showing like "Still processing"... Please is this general to all cic accounts? Just curious
P.S::: I did medicals upfront

Do you expect to fail your medicals, Since you did an upfront medicals, you have to wait your application is still processing.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:12am On Feb 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:
Whatever happened to @Austinpee4? Has he travelled? Nobody heard from him anymore. But then I have been absent here a few weeks. Anybody heard from him or know his update? Curious cos I didn't see him here anymore like before. And @theSoj too. Where are all these veterans? I miss the old days!
Lol. I'm with you sir!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ivan12: 3:34am On Feb 23, 2018
I will be submitting my application today and I would like to know what to write for
"How does your selected program differ from similar programs available in Nigeria?"

I will be going for Preuniversity courses-Grade 12.
Thanks in Advance for any help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 6:12am On Feb 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Do you expect to fail your medicals, Since you did an upfront medicals, you have to wait your application is still processing.

Not that, fam.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 6:13am On Feb 23, 2018
Ivan12:
I will be submitting my application today and I would like to know what to write for
"How does your selected program differ from similar programs available in Nigeria?"

It's self explanatory.... Abi you dinnor understand the question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ivan12: 6:39am On Feb 23, 2018
ChuksEbube:

It's self explanatory.... Abi you dinnor understand the question
i just don't know what to write
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Petersaints: 6:43am On Feb 23, 2018
Pls I just for an admission in a.polytechnic in Canada I need steps on what I need to Get a student visa plss very important thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 6:52am On Feb 23, 2018
Petersaints:
Pls I just for an admission in a.polytechnic in Canada I need steps on what I need to Get a student visa plss very important thanks

Start reading thread from page 1. Trust me, before you get to page 50-60, you would have gotten every info you need to get started. Cheers, fam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 6:53am On Feb 23, 2018
Ivan12:

i just don't know what to write
What program did you apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ivan12: 7:07am On Feb 23, 2018
ChuksEbube:

What program did you apply for?
Preuniversity Courses-Grade 12.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 23, 2018
mcobex:
What does the ticket or printout the agent gave to you says? cos that should carry the name of the airline(s) that will take you to and fro. If Lufthansa is from Lagos to Frankfurt and back then there should be another airline taking you from Frankfurt to your final destination and back. So what does your ticket or printout says? It has to show the flight details from Lagos to your final destination and back.

The quote sent to me by the agency on has Lufthansa as the airline. It was when i called the airline customercare that was told they do not offer direct services to Barbados
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ivan12: 7:43am On Feb 23, 2018
Ivan12:

Can someone please kindly help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LordTrezy(m): 7:59am On Feb 23, 2018
Good morning my ogas, please i would like you profs in this wonderful thread to review my SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LordTrezy(m): 8:02am On Feb 23, 2018
mcobex:
Good Morning boss, can i send my SOP to you for review. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2018
Ivan12:

Like a pre-degree course, yeah? Just being curious, why not go for an undergraduate degree program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2018
mcobex:
What does the ticket or printout the agent gave to you says? cos that should carry the name of the airline(s) that will take you to and fro. If Lufthansa is from Lagos to Frankfurt and back then there should be another airline taking you from Frankfurt to your final destination and back. So what does your ticket or printout says? It has to show the flight details from Lagos to your final destination and back.

I decided to check out EXPEDIA, dont know if you are familiar with it. My itinerary shows im gonna depart Lagos for Frankfurt via Lufthansa, and from frankfurt to Toronto via AirCanada, and From Toronto to Bridgetown via the same Airline.
Now my brother, i seek your patience and understanding in attending to me. Like i said, i chose barbados becasue of its visa free policy to most countries, at least from online sources, so i could have a travel experience.
Upon browsing the link https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?flight-type=on&starDate=05%2F06%2F2018&endDate=05%2F15%2F2018&_xpid=11905%7C1&mode=search&trip=roundtrip&leg1=from%3ALagos%2C+Nigeria+%28LOS-Murtala+Muhammed+Intl.%29%2Cto%3ABridgetown%2C+Barbados+%28BGI-Grantley+Adams+Intl.%29%2Cdeparture%3A05%2F06%2F2018TANYT&leg2=from%3ABridgetown%2C+Barbados+%28BGI-Grantley+Adams+Intl.%29%2Cto%3ALagos%2C+Nigeria+%28LOS-Murtala+Muhammed+Intl.%29%2Cdeparture%3A05%2F15%2F2018TANYT&passengers=children%3A0%2Cadults%3A1%2Cseniors%3A0%2Cinfantinlap%3AY I decided to settle for the first one, being the cheapest ($3,910)
I then had to speak with a colleague who has been travelling and also assisting people to travel. He told me I do not need to get any transit visas to both Germany (frankfurt airport) and Canada (Toronto airport) since i wont be going into the countries.
That transit is useful for those that would be going into town (outside the airport)briefly. He went on to say that there are differnt immigration routes for those waiting for a connecting flights and those who are disembarking and going into frankfurt/canada. He only told me that if i am sure that Barbados only stamp on one's passport uppon arrival, that i have no issue. He went on to say that our own airport officials would not deny me travelling through the point of exit if truly the end destination (Barbados) is visa free to me. That they would only make sure that I have the right tickets. Please, kindly confirm or enlighten me on this as much as you can. This will be my first travel experience. Thank you
will be having 8 hr 5min stop in Frankfurt, and 15hrs 45 mins stop in Toronto. I will only be within the airport for the connecting flight to Bridgetown in Barbados
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 23, 2018
ChuksEbube:

Like a pre-degree course, yeah? Just being curious, why not go for an undergraduate degree program?
[quote author=tkObserver post=65300647]

error pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ivan12: 8:06am On Feb 23, 2018
ChuksEbube:

Will be going for an undergraduate degree after.
My elder ones did the same and their performance in Uni are great.
My mum doesn't want me to go to uni straight and struggle.

Please help me with my question. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:52am On Feb 23, 2018
Ivan12:

If you can prove to the visa officer that you can meet the conditions of your acceptance then you have no problem.
The question you asked is simply asking you what is the difference between pre-university program offered in Canada to that of Nigeria. You should know more than we do.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Laurel10: 10:05am On Feb 23, 2018
Good day house,

Please can anyone help me with master's admission application to any Canadian university. I tried using an educational consulting agency but they told me that it's been long I left school therefore, it would be near to impossible to secure an admission in Canada. I graduated 2010

I have BSc in Sociology (3.78), and would like to have my master's in Counselling Psychology or social work.

Please I need a guide, I don't want to apply to just any school as I might send not get in after sending my official transcripts which is expensive.

Please advice or help will be very much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LordTrezy(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

If you can prove to the visa officer that you can meet the conditions of your acceptance then you have no problem.
The question you asked is simply asking you what is the difference between pre-university program to that of Nigeria. You should know more than we do.
Boss would appreciate if you could help review my SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:51am On Feb 23, 2018
LordTrezy:

Boss would appreciate if you could help review my SOP.

Go ahead. But there will be a little bit delay as there are many SOP's I'm yet to review from prospective applicants. If you're not in a hurry you can send it down.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LordTrezy(m): 11:43am On Feb 23, 2018
Moley22:

Draft YOURS first, then later on it can be corrected!!!!
I've drafted it. could you please drop your email let me send it to you for review. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LordTrezy(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Go ahead. But there will be a little bit delay as there are many SOP's I'm yet to review from prospective applicants. If you're not in a hurry you can send it down.
ok boss. Already sent a mail request to you sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by saucepan: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ivan12:

Hello dear, I believe you are quite young and it's okay to be a bit confused at times, at least you are interested in doing things right as against most of your peers who would have rushed through everything.
Your answer above is part of the reason you are going for the course. Tell them why you have chosen to go for undergraduate studies in canada( check out ranking of the course and university you hope to attend after this Grade 12 course) , cite incessant strikes if necessary and finally that this course will help you to adjust better in undergraduate studies( it is a bridging course) as your siblings have followed same part and are doing remarkably well.
Wishing you the very best.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Please Frankrobbn can 3.1 cgpa in final 2 years fly for master in university of saskatchewan. the are requesting
A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% . Please help I want to start process for my wife
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ivan12: 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
saucepan:

Hello dear, I believe you are quite young and it's okay to be a bit confused at times, at least you are interested in doing things right as against most of your peers who would have rushed through everything.
Your answer above is part of the reason you are going for the course. Tell them why you have chosen to go for undergraduate studies in canada( check out ranking of the course and university you hope to attend after this Grade 12 course) , cite incessant strikes if necessary and finally that this course will help you to adjust better in undergraduate studies( it is a bridging course) as your siblings have followed same part and are doing remarkably well.
Wishing you the very best.

THANKS!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by obajoey(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2018
Please people of God, what is the minimum balance that should be in the statement of account to be used to support student visa application, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
bbclue:

And why must u still still repost....when he lied on me that I posted it ....u didn't see to that.....although remember dis. ...know be who u know go help u tomorrow......hypocrit.......let me just obey.....people that called me to stop....
You are very funny so I will let this pass.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ivan12:

You can if you're in Canada already or schooling there in a high school but if you would require a visa... Please don't do it.. Its a slim visa case.. Very slim. How old are you? done with high school?

*trv_nurse

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.