Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826819 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good evening guys.. I need your advice. I graduated with 2.62/4.0 cgpa my transcript clearly shows that my school grade A starts from 90-100. With 2.62/4.0 can I get masters in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

After 5 Months since I filed my application, I was called for medicals last week. Half down, half to go. USASK Fall 2018. Jesus is Lord!!!

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
Keep up the good work! @Frankrobbn1, @WeirdPC, @Bbclue et al.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jadel03: 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good evening All,

Please is anyone writing Gmat?

Kindly share if you have a study plan.

I am finding it really hard to study due to the nature of my job.(Banking)

Any help or suggestion is very much needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
Slik07:

You only shared refusal reasons. Share your profile: docs submitted, POF, PGD/Master's/PhD etc., then people can know what you did wrong that resulted in this refusal.

Ok here is the profile:

All CIC forms
Going for PGD (Network Security)
Admission letter & 1st term tuition fee ($7,500)
Tax Clearance Cert and copy of LIRS card
Previous Visa to study in India
Marriage Cert
Father's death cert
Degree Cert & transcript (Computer Science)
MCITP transcript
CCNA, LINUX and MCITP training cert
Personal CAC docs & that of sponsor
Business SOA with 2.6M and sponsor's bank statements 12M, £7k+, £4K+
Family birth cert
SOP
2 landed properties
Sponsor's affidavit of financial support
NYSC cert
Police character cert
Copy of previous tickets

So peeps can you please help out? I was delayed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kinfinity007: 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
kylexy61:

If you applied for Fall 2018, it's not time to lose hope yet. We are only in February. Canadian Universities sometimes send out admission offers as late as April. When was your application deadline?
The application deadline is March 1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 11:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hello y'all ,
Peace be unto this fam
Those looking for who to review their SOP . Kindly PM & send to me....One love

*Trv_Nurse �

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 22, 2018
kindly share is your profile pls

Here77:
Have been viewing the thread as a visitor and finally got my documents and thanks to chriaviral’s help I applied.

Got my TRV approved within one day of application. I still think there’s an error lol but just got my TRV today.

Applied: Jan 31
Passport request: Feb 01.

This thread is really helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 22, 2018
Tunba28:

Ok here is the profile:

All CIC forms

Going for PGD (Network Security) What is the duration of this program? 1 year or 2 years? If it's a 1 year program, then it's a red flag to apply for your wife to accompany you on Open work permit. The VO would think you want to run away from Nigeria to Canada with your wife. You can apply alone and your wife will join you later

Admission letter & 1st term tuition fee ($7,500) Did you pay this?

Tax Clearance Cert and copy of LIRS card. Are you self-employed? Is your business related to your previous/intended degrees?

Marriage Cert
Father's death cert
MCITP transcript

Business SOA with 2.6M and sponsor's bank statements 12M, £7k+, £4K+ Did your sponsor in his letter state how much he is willing to give you? Did he pay your tuition fee and transfer your living expenses to your personal account? Is your sponsor your parents, brother or third party (uncle/aunt)? You should also take into consideration the number of dependents of your sponsor. He cant spend all the money he has on you and ignore his dependents. Put that 2.6m in your personal account not business account. Your sponsor should do the same if the SOA he submitted for you is his business account.

Family birth cert
SOP. I dont know what you wrote. Maybe you can send to me to help you review.

2 landed properties It can be in your name or parents' names.

NYSC cert
Police character cert
Copy of previous tickets Flight tickets? No need. The visas in your passport cover that.

The bolded words are my responses to you.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:11am On Feb 22, 2018
kylexy61:

If you applied for Fall 2018, it's not time to lose hope yet. We are only in February. Canadian Universities sometimes send out admission offers as late as April. When was your application deadline?

March 1st most admission start been sent out!! Good luck to all prospective students fall applicants. All eyes are waiting anxiously. Make sure to apply quickly as soon as you receive admission and compile paperwork. Processing time in Nigeria now is the lowest its ever been in recent memory: 11 weeks. Fall gets crazy and may jump to 22 weeks average processing time. So apply soon to avoid been back logged till next year cos fall is the busiest time for CIC. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AyoPrudence(m): 3:34am On Feb 22, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

AyoPrudence

BREAK DOWN BETWEEN ONLINE ROUTE AND PAPER ROUTE

1-)The online route no one will correct your mistakes like it is done on paper route where VFS workers will make sure your papers are complete and are arranged accordingly before submission.

2-) If you have scanners and a desktop/system close by, online route is okay. But mind u, u need to compress your documents before you upload them and you will need to complete payment with your credit card, but the paper route you are to pay at the counter.

3-)The online route, after submission you will get notification a day or 2 days depending at times 1week to proceed for your biometrics. While the paper route, you will complete everything that very day at the VFS office, then wait for the outcome of your application.

4-) Finally, Online route is more expensive (68K-70K) compared to paper route (55-57K)

So it's left for you to decide which best suit you. But be guided that none of them has added advantage to your TRV application.

In regards to the sample SOP you're requesting for, no one here can give out his/her letters to intending applicants. Explore to www.google.com there you can find varieties of sop's. Beware of plagiarism. I only review SOP's I don't give out samples.
Thank you for your detailed explanations on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:45am On Feb 22, 2018
Tunba28:
Hello house, I applied for my visa Jan 25 and was refused Feb 12. The following reasons were stated:
1. I'm not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to pay your tuition fees.

2. I'm not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to maintain yourself and any family member accompayning you.

3. You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay ticking:
- Travel History
- Purpose of visit
- Current employment situation
- Personal assets and financial status

4. Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your : qualifications, previous study and employment, level of establishment in your country and relationship to sponsor.

Please people, how do I go about responding to this? I'll like to re-apply ASAP

NB: My wife applied for open work permit alongside my study permit application as she will like to accompany me.

Ok here is the profile:

All CIC forms
Marriage Cert
Father's death cert
MCITP transcript
Family birth cert
SOP
2 landed properties
NYSC cert
Police character cert
Copy of previous tickets

•You submitted two landed documents and yet they checked you have not shown that you will return to Nigeria based on assets. Make sure the landed document is a C of O and attach valuation by a licensed estate surveyor. Make sure it is in your name or that of your parents or spouse, with an explanation how you stand to benefit or inherit the asset.

•You submitted enough money in your sponsor's account and even paid one year tuition, yet they ticked you have no financial ability to pay. Maybe the person sponsoring you is a third party. Try and look for someone more closer in relationship to you. Sponsorship from close family relative is more believable.

• You stated that you are married and still it was ticked that you have not shown return to Nigeria based on family ties. You may want to apply alone, using wife and any children as family ties to Nigeria. Your wife can apply later should you become successful when you reapply again.

•You included tax clearance. That is good. Include personal pay slips as well with matching bank account where salary is deposited if you are not paid in cash. Reference letter from employers should be included with renumerations. Good money been made by you in your place of employment generally shows the VO you have good employment prospect to induce your return back to Nigeria.

• Keep in mind that PGD is generally difficult to scale through. In a detailed SOP you need to show the VO why PGD. Why not straight to a masters degree? This will better show legitimate continued progression and I will encourage you to apply for a masters if you can. I know someone who was refused for PGD and turned around and applied for a masters and was approved. Everything been equal. If you insist on going for PGD, concentrate on showing why PGD in your particular circumstance is a better choice than a masters and how your career objectives is better enhanced upon return to Nigeria with a PGD than a masters. Make sure the course you are applying to study is related to what you studied in school or what you currently do or have done for a job.

• Make sure to include your transcript or certificate of graduation, including showing that you are a genuine student. One of the ways to show you are a genuine student is using a paragraph in your SOP to demonstrate your expertise in your chosen field. Do not get into lecturing so as not to bore the VO, just a short explanation of your academic area of interest and how that will translate to employability when you return to Nigeria would be effective. Your SOP should be short, straight to the point and concise. Attack every point of refusal in an effective and cogent manner.

•Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 5:45am On Feb 22, 2018
@BBCLUE, I stumbled upon you post, I’ll like to tell you to remember what’s ahead of you.In this period you need show love and humility towards others.Stop bashing a grown man like that.Yes nobody is above mistakes and we’ve come to far to soil this family with division. It’s totally uncalled for because it’s a faceless forum and you might be needing help later on.
@Jnyuwa I know you are a great man and will make us proud one day. Congrats on your medical request and please don’t delay in responding since you always form ‘bad guy’ with these CIC people! grin

@Jnyuwa02 I hope you don’t mind me reminding you this is Nigeria and every of your sentences and utterances count! You know the rest!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:56am On Feb 22, 2018
GlitteringStar:
Keep up the good work! @Frankrobbn1, @WeirdPC, @Bbclue et al.

Sister I greet u oooo.....longest time.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:06am On Feb 22, 2018
Valenti12

Is okay....let us move as a family....

wealth360:

@nyjuwa

Guy u can misled people oooo. Who told you if you are not a citizen or PR you can't apply for GCMS? Please confirm before you drop anything here. To those who are concerned please it is legal for anyone who reside in Canada to help apply for GCMS @$5. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:29am On Feb 22, 2018
Tunba28:

Ok here is the profile:

All CIC forms
Marriage Cert
Father's death cert
MCITP transcript
Family birth cert
SOP
2 landed properties
NYSC cert
Police character cert
Copy of previous tickets

Which degree did u have...BSC or OND etc

Personal CAC document....
Tax Clearance Cert and copy of LIRS card......those your CCNA...LINUX....etc align with your registered business

Then your sponsor business Account. .....is not ideal adding it....why not tell your sponsor to transfer the 2.6m to add to the personal account

And the tuition fee you paid was it you or your sponsored that paid it...

Is like your SOP no get weight....

.....I think u need to read abut FRANKROBBN1....post on how to tackle refusal reasons.......on travelling history.....purpose of visit...etc..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:32am On Feb 22, 2018
Slik07:

The bolded words are my responses to you.

Best of luck.

Exactly.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kylexy61(m): 8:20am On Feb 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

March 1st most admission start been sent out!! Good luck to all prospective students fall applicants. All eyes are waiting anxiously. Make sure to apply quickly as soon as you receive admission and compile paperwork. Processing time in Nigeria now is the lowest its ever been in recent memory: 11 weeks. Fall gets crazy and may jump to 22 weeks average processing time. So apply soon to avoid been back logged till next year cos fall is the busiest time for CIC. Best wishes.

I got admission to York University with full funding (Tuition + 17,000CAD annual stipend). I will not be using anyone as sponsor. But as I have learnt from this great thread, it is still wise for the applicant to submit SOA. My problem is, I have very little money in my account at the moment. Can I submit my dad's SOA instead?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jaylap: 8:29am On Feb 22, 2018
bluegirl080115:
Hello y'all ,
Peace be unto this fam
Those looking for who to review their SOP . Kindly PM & send to me....One love

*Trv_Nurse �

Please accept my email request....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 9:46am On Feb 22, 2018
Jaylap:

Please accept my email request....

Done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jaylap: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2018
bluegirl080115:

Done
I'm waiting for your mail to connect with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jaylap: 10:30am On Feb 22, 2018
bluegirl080115:

Done
I'm waiting for your mail to connect with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2018
Moley22:
@BBCLUE, I stumbled upon you post, I’ll like to tell you to remember what’s ahead of you.In this period you need show love and humility towards others.Stop bashing a grown man like that.Yes nobody is above mistakes and we’ve come to far to soil this family with division. It’s totally uncalled for because it’s a faceless forum and you might be needing help later on.
@Jnyuwa I know you are a great man and will make us proud one day. Congrats on your medical request and please don’t delay in responding since you always form ‘bad guy’ with these CIC people! grin

@Jnyuwa02 I hope you don’t mind me reminding you this is Nigeria and every of your sentences and utterances count! You know the rest!!!

I appreciate the vote of confidence. Who are you and how did you know me so well? It is true I always like to play with these CIC people like they like to play with our heads too. I am planning to travel soon to the nearest location near me, Abuja. Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 11:06am On Feb 22, 2018
Bluegirl081100

Good morning how are u doing and how is Canada .....it's been a while....I saw your message on my whatapps ....am waiting for u to wake up.....I miss u oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:13am On Feb 22, 2018
kylexy61:

I got admission to York University with full funding (Tuition + 17,000CAD annual stipend). I will not be using anyone as sponsor. But as I have learnt from this great thread, it is still wise for the applicant to submit SOA. My problem is, I have very little money in my account at the moment. Can I submit my dad's SOA instead?

Congrats! York is a wonderful school, with great reputation and very diverse and in an urban setting. You will like it. You got it right! Submit your SOA no matter how small. Someone on this forum with full scholarship got approved with a mediocre 450k in his account. Your dad's SOA also can help especially if it has a lot of money. It can act as home tie to show VO that you guys are not suffering, so chances are that you will return to Nigeria. Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AyoPrudence(m): 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello house,
I like to ask, if one have a sibling who's ready to sponsor but resides in the US for example. my questions are
1.How do one request for bank statement since it was said here that CIC expects original copies of SOA when submitting applications?

2. What exactly can be done asides transferring funds to my personal account?

3. What documents should I request since his not a third party/other relative?

Please kindly help as am a bit confused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kylexy61(m): 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Congrats! York is a wonderful school, with great reputation and very diverse and in an urban setting. You will like it. You got it right! Submit your SOA no matter how small. Someone on this forum with full scholarship got approved with a mediocre 450k in his account. Your dad's SOA also can help especially if it has a lot of money. It can act as home tie to show VO that you guys are not suffering, so chances are that you will return to Nigeria. Best wishes.

Thanks for the help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
AyoPrudence:
Hello house,
I like to ask, if one have a sibling who's ready to sponsor but resides in the US for example. my questions are
1.How do one request for bank statement since it was said here that CIC expects original copies of SOA when submitting applications?

2. What exactly can be done asides transferring funds to my personal account?

3. What documents should I request since his not a third party/other relative?

Please kindly help as am a bit confused.

Your brother can print his original US bank statement by simply logging online if he has online banking. Takes only minutes and he can email it to you. He can also transfer money into your dormiciliary account in Nigeria so easily. In 2-3 days it will be in your account in Nigeria. Ask him to transfer 10k to cover for your first year room and board. Since he is a close family relative, paying one year tuition is not necessary. If CIC want you to pay, they will let you know. Request also from him an affidavit of support. It's a sworn affidavit undertaking to support you and the reason why he is doing so. His drivers license, birth certificate and copy of green card or any legal status in the United States, need to be included. Don't forget to include a letter of explanation from your own end, expounding on your ties to Nigeria and the factors that would induce your return. Best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

boss...I hope you don't mind reviewing my SOP?

Sent you a PM already...

Keep up the good work...

God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
femiart:
Hi guys, please I want to ask a quick question. My parent is considering selling a property that the money gotten from it will cover my tuition and upkeep with extras. Now the question is how do they show this in the sponsorship letter and it ll fly instead of account statement cos their account statement cant work at all becos they are just doing petty things, and getting a co sponsor is tight now cos they are only offering their account statement nothing more.

My dad does still have hectares of lands though if after we sell this said property. Please advice needed. Thanks
How many years is the program? if it is above 1 year, how will they pay for the subsequent year (s)? It is not just about providing funds for the first year but they should be able to show proof that they can sustain further pay (that's where they need to show employment letter and payslip or any other means of making money).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
hardeyeanc:
Great people... please which one is beta to move to canada with family of 2 kids

1. invitation from a relative in canada to spend a vacation with him and come back to reprocess with family

2. Tourist (with family of 2 kid)

3. Student visa(only me and I'll work on how the family will come and join)

which option has the higher chance of getting visa

thanks in anticipation.
It will depend on your end plan. What exactly is your plan? cos that will determine what to pick
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I noticed you too many times not once you been critical. Who is God and never makes mistake? I remember writing that you have to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to order the Gcms notes for $5, apparently anybody in Canada even one without legal status can do so. Someone said stop misleading people. Me mislead? I am of the opinion that some people need to learn manners. Just correct someone without using high falutin language. Even the best people among us make mistakes.
AGAIN!!! LOL! Congratulations bro, approval is around the corner

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.