Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question (640 Views)

How Best Can Biafra War Be Taught In Classrooms? / Can Biafra Ever Be Reliazed? / If Ss,benue & Kogi Is Part Of Biafra Referendum Can Biafra Win Over 1 Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by superhumanist(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
I am of the opinion that Nigeria as a single was doomed to fail from inception. I say this because the British man that ensured her amalgamation forgot to consider how different the various tribes in Nigeria are.

Yes, the Biafrans have a point. Nigeria should have never been one country. Tribalism is one of the major problems ailing this developing country of ours.

However, how successful would a Biafra nation be?

1)Do they have resources?
2)Do they have competent leaders?
3)How would they draw their borders?

I ask these three important questions because I am not sure that they have positive answers to these issues raised by such questions. For instance, they do not have crude oil and a lot of foods stuffs in Nigeria come from the middle belt and the north but not the east. Do they even have sea ports? Are eastern states as developed as the southern states?

Please, mature opinions.
Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by PapaBrowne(m): 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
When I hear IPOB give clear answers to the questions you raised. I will start taking them seriously.

I dislike when any movement is built on the for another group or person. And that's what IPOB has largely been about. Same way APC was built on the hater for Jonathan.

Such movements usually end up failing terribly when the subject of thier hate is gone. Same way APC is failing terribly.

1 Like

Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by superhumanist(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
PapaBrowne:
When I hear IPOB give clear answers to the questions you raised. I will start taking them seriously.

I dislike when any movement is built on the for another group or person. And that's what IPOB has largely been about. Same way APC was built on the hater for Jonathan.

Such movements usually end up failing terribly when the subject of thier hate is gone. Same way APC is failing terribly.

I am neutral on the Biafran issue. I am just asking questions to see how serious and pragmatic the movement is.

Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by DLondonboiy: 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
PapaBrowne:

First of all, whether you take IPOB seriously or not is not their business. IPOB does not even want you to take them seriously, cause you no help anybody!

So you hate IPOB because you feel it's bound to fail?

3 Likes

Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by superhumanist(m): 6:49am On Jul 29, 2017
DLondonboiy:

First of all, whether you take IPOB seriously or not is not their business. IPOB does not even want you to take them seriously, cause you no help anybody!

So you hate IPOB because you feel it's bound to fail?

What about the question? Can Biafra be a successful nation?
Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by ESDKING: 7:15am On Jul 29, 2017
Is Nigeria working after 103 years for Biafrans to continue to stay ?

4 Likes

Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 29, 2017
superhumanist:
I am of the opinion that Nigeria as a single was doomed to fail from inception. I say this because the British man that ensured her amalgamation forgot to consider how different the various tribes in Nigeria are.

Yes, the Biafrans have a point. Nigeria should have never been one country. Tribalism is one of the major problems ailing this developing country of ours.

However, how successful would a Biafra nation be?

1)Do they have resources?
2)Do they have competent leaders?
3)How would they draw their borders?

I ask these three important questions because I am not sure that they have positive answers to these issues raised by such questions. For instance, they do not have crude oil and a lot of foods stuffs in Nigeria come from the middle belt and the north but not the east. Do they even have sea ports? Are eastern states as developed as the southern states?

Please, mature opinions.

I am not an agitator for the independence of Biafra neither am I against the struggle of FGN to restrain them from moving. Being an objective observer, I will answer your question without any form of prejudice.

1) Any country in the world need resources to survive and the case in Biafra is not different. For me I do not think Biafra has the require natural resources to survive as a nation, but I do think ideas supersede natural resources in some countries if the required tools are not put in place. The world has gone pass the period of having excess resources without utilisation.
If Biafrans have ideas that are futuristic then they will succeed.

2) Using Nigeria to judge? if yes, Biafran do not have competent leaders because Southeast state in Nigeria is also suffering from the problem of bad leaders.

3) The issue of border is a sensitive one. Apart from the fact that border line being drawn by the Biafran agitators does not look feasible. The state's bordering them look landlocked.

I do not have much to say, but the issue of Biafra is a sensitive one.
Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by superhumanist(m): 8:04am On Jul 29, 2017
kelvinreality:

I am not an agitator for the independence of Biafra neither am I against the struggle of FGN to restrain them from moving. Being an objective observer, I will answer your question without any form of prejudice.

1) Any country in the world need resources to survive and the case in Biafra is not different. For me I do not think Biafra has the require natural resources to survive as a nation, but I do think ideas supersede natural resources in some countries if the required tools are not put in place. The world has gone pass the period of having excess resources without utilisation.
If Biafrans have ideas that are futuristic then they will succeed.

2) Using Nigeria to judge? if yes, Biafran do not have competent leaders because Southeast state in Nigeria is also suffering from the problem of bad leaders.

3) The issue of border is a sensitive one. Apart from the fact that border line being drawn by the Biafran agitators does not look feasible. The state's bordering them look landlocked.

I do not have much to say, but the issue of Biafra is a sensitive one.

You have made interesting points. It is not going to be easy for the biafran movement if they dont get their plans well organized.

With the part of leadership, I wonder why they put their hopes on one man? What if he dies?
Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2017
it will definitely work
Re: Can Biafra Truly Work? A Honest Question by superhumanist(m): 8:31am On Jul 29, 2017
eliment:
it will definitely work

how?

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Miss Heaven - Obasanjo / Ekiti 2018: Senator Olujimi's Ambition Sets State Assembly On Fire / 2004 Magazine Cover Where Ojukwu Said 'I Support Biafra' Surfaces Online (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.