Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Ekiti 2018: Senator Olujimi's Ambition Sets State Assembly On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018: Senator Olujimi's Ambition Sets State Assembly On Fire (638 Views)

Lawan Swears In Senator Olujimi As Adeyeye’s Replacement / Osun 2018: Senator Adeleke, Extends Hand OF FELLOWSHIP TO ALL CONTESTANTS / Senator Olujimi Did Not Order Her Aide To Slap Me – Assaulted NASS Staff Odia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: Senator Olujimi's Ambition Sets State Assembly On Fire by suasmablow(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2017
Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/08/ekiti-2018-senator-olujimi-ambition.html?m=1

As Aspirants gear up for the 2018 Governorship Election in Ekiti State, South-West Nigeria, the ambition of a former Deputy Governor of the state now Senator representing Ekiti South Senatorial District, Sen.Biodun Olujimi seems to have set hell loosed on the Ekiti State House of Assembly.

The House which has continued to show absolute loyalty to Gov.Fayose and releasing the suspension hammer on any member who appears to be anti-fayose extended their wrath to Fayose's former deputy.

The Assembly at a press conference in Ado Ekiti on Thursday described as sacrilege, Olujimi’s alleged claim on social media that the House members are loyal to her, saying the House was an institution too big and independent to be in her pocket.

The Lawmakers also accused the embattled Senator of alleged plan to destabilise the House. They particularly alleged that Sen.Olujimi diverted her constituency projects to personal use in favour of two members of the Assembly, including Michael Adedeji and Adeojo Fajana in order to buy them over.

Suanu's Blog gathered that there is a secret cold war between Gov.Fayose and His former deputy over the 2018 governorship poll as Sen. Olujimi had vehemently refused to withdraw her gubernatorial ambition on the order of her former boss.

Meanwhile Senator Olujimi who is also the senate deputy minority whip in her reaction has accused the Ekiti State House of Assembly of political witch-hunt. She further accused her political enemies of cowardice insisting that​ their plot to frustrate Her governorship ambition through the lawmakers will fail.
“They are just hiding behind one finger. They are playing cheap and small boys politics, using worn out tricks. Let them try new tricks. It is because they know that I have ambition to be governor of Ekiti State that they are doing this.
“They are only using the members to get at me. They should be courageous to face me and not use the members who are not even close to me.”

It is unclear at the time of filing this report whether the House will institute suspension procedures against the two lawmakers they accused of being loyal to Sen.Olujimi as they have been known to be intolerant to any member who extends their loyalty outside the immediate political dynasty of Gov.Ayodele Fayose.

1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: Senator Olujimi's Ambition Sets State Assembly On Fire by zico530(m): 10:57am On Aug 18, 2017
grin
Re: Ekiti 2018: Senator Olujimi's Ambition Sets State Assembly On Fire by Nogodye(m): 11:45am On Aug 18, 2017
The news is true coz i work with one of the honourable in the house of assembly...If you're not wit Fayose, you will not stay in the state house of Assembly...The governor is the one ruling and controling the state house of assembly.its bad!

Lasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Read The Draft Text Of What Buhari Is Planning To Tell Nigerians Tomorrow / 2004 Magazine Cover Where Ojukwu Said 'I Support Biafra' Surfaces Online (Photo) / Cownu Defeat Me With Superior Threats Not Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.