Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA (35978 Views)

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! / Katie Kleinxo: Lady Who Is HIV Positive Tattooed 'HIV+' On Her Private Part / Help! Am I HIV Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Thepunter: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
The Programme Manager, Akwa Ibom state Agency for the Control of AIDS (AKSACA), Dr. Nkereuwem Etok, Tuesday, disclosed that 51.6 percent of married men and women have tested positive to HIV/AIDS infection in the state.

Dr Nkerereuwem who expressed fears over the alarming rate of HIV/AIDS infections among married men and women in the state, said recent statistics conducted by the agency revealed that married couples surprisingly account for the highest prevalence rate of 51.6 percent while prostitutes and commercial sex workers constitute only 4 percent.

Etok, who spoke during an interactive session with journalists yesterday said most couples engage themselves in unprotected sex outside their marital home which makes them more susceptible to the virus.

“We have areas of high prevalence, before the statistics started coming we were sure that the most-at risk population will be the commercial sex workers, we were sure that this group will be the most affected but our data showed surprisingly that married men and women are the highest HIV infections with 51.6 percent.

“The commercial sex workers recorded only 4 percent while those engaged in casual sex recorded second highest with 30 percent’’ he said.

The programme Manager attributed the high prevalence rate among the couples to include denial the existence of HIV/AIDS virus and the fact that most of them engage in sex not minding the status of the other sex partners.

According to him people are still tied to the culture of marrying widows without minding what killed their husbands He identified another group which comprises businessmen and women and government who attend seminars and workshops within and outside the country with their concubines.

Etok called on residents in the state to make themselves available for testing which he said are carried out free of charge in designated place across the state.

He said his agency has recorded significant achievements in the second sphere of the World Bank HIV/AID assisted programme which ended on February 26, 2017.

These according to him include the production of and dissemination of HIV/AIDS workplace policy which provided the framework for the elimination of stigma in workplace, reducing it spread and managing its impacts .

He disclosed in 2015 AKSACA won the House of Representatives Excellence Award as the best SACA with positive impact in the rural communities in South-South geopolitical zone of Nigeria despite still being the 2nd in HIV/AIDS prevalence in the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/51-6-married-couples-aibom-hiv-positive-aksaca/

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Greenbullet(m): 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Let them DEVELOP the cure .......

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by emakoji(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Infidelity is rampant in that state...

21 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by zyphr(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
During service year 3 of my friends slept with over 40 girls in a single local government..... Next to water, sex is the cheapest commodity in Akwa Ibom. Seeing this, I just hope the all used protection throughout.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
No wonder Brightcom wehdone
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
zyphr:
During service year 3 of my friends slept with over 40 girls in a single local government..... Next to water, sex is the cheapest commodity in Akwa Ibom. Seeing this, I just hope the all used protection throughout.
Nope infection is cheaper than clean water over there

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Jostico: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
wow I'm wowed

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by SonofDevil: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Chisos shocked put my preek back inside pant emmmm aunty uduak my pastor said I should fast 40 days and 40 nights because of my village people is doing meeting on top my head there will be no sex till further notice

38 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benue and akwa ibom I no no who sell ponmo pass oooo..

My village people unah no fit see me.. Lie lie

16 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by dacblogger: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
It's a pity...
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Okoyiboz3: 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
Haaaaa

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Okay o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by contactmorak: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
scary

2 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Poorboy: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Maybe true because married women are used to raw sex... Hence no protection again, if ur husband na dog then hiv may fall on you.

18 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by nextprince: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Akwa Ibom, nawao.

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
sensational and deceptive headline

7 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by amadice(m): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
na wa oo..

what do u expect.. when an average akwa ibomite love séx like there life depends on it

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by emmayayodeji(m): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
jesu
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by MadCow1: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dayuùuuuuuuum Akwa Ibom
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by maxiuc(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
Chuku chuku to much for there

Akwa ibom girls so beautiful nd lovely

Hiv is still dreaded

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Icon79(m): 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nigerians and their tendency to throw numbers around without any form of statistical analysis or even a basic survey. How did they arrived at this number? Half of all married couples in a whole state are HIV positive? Are they insane? One out of every two, eh?

BS upon BS!!

O pari

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by ebanjop(m): 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Come...una de put fear for person body...how is that even possible

3 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Those people bleep any how. They love sex the way they like food.

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Jamolajay1: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benue state still has much positive patients... It's like malaria out there. God help ya pikin o
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
Gadddeeem!
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by NAVYdogg: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
Na there calling.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by philanthropist1(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
am not surprised ........

Taraba state is no go area

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why The Current Heat Wave Is Very Deadly / Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos) / COVID-19 Outbreak After NiN Registration Kills Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.