Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA (36025 Views)

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! / Katie Kleinxo: Lady Who Is HIV Positive Tattooed 'HIV+' On Her Private Part / Help! Am I HIV Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by fisayo02(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
That's serious ooo.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
if you keep that thing where it's suppose to be they won't see you. But if you start sticking it out at the sight of anything in front of you, I tell you your village people will be having a nice time with you.
its safe OOO.. It doesn't jump to aviod stories that pains the chest. grin
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by paradice: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Icon79:
Nigerians and their tendency to throw numbers around without any form of statistical analysis or even a basic survey. How did they arrived at this number? Half of all married couples in a whole state are HIV positive? Are they insane? One out of every two, eh?

BS upon BS!!

O pari
You are brainless idiot! Dr is presenting the statistics from all the married men and women who came for testing and all prostitute who came for testing!
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Prestige16:
Benue and Akwaibom no even sell ponmo compared to Portharcourt, Delta, Edo, Ebonyi and Imo state. I don see am with my korokoro eyes.
for IMO state I commot cap for them bros..

Just buy them that bole plantain and chicken ..800 box.. For control junction dazzol.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by stilldoingokay(f): 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Prestige16:
Benue and Akwaibom no even sell ponmo compared to Portharcourt, Delta, Edo, Ebonyi and Imo state. I don see am with my korokoro eyes.

hmmm. allrounder

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by PETUK(m): 4:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
charleff512:
Let Dr Nkereuwem show how he arrived at those figures!
Proudly eyen Akwa Ibom!
Let's educate our people more because most times these viruses are spread by untamed cultural practices.
kuboro mmo
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nword22: 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
Greenbullet:
Let them DEVELOP the cure .......

More you be daft and stupid.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
oyejohn:

Please note that this guy is a scammer sent him 3500 for airtel data on Saturday he didn't send anything and stopped picking my calls called him just now before typing this and he still didn't pick...beware of him..adnim pls help take him off

All the data sellers here are scammers.. Please buy your data from a known site like the one based @ iwo road. Dont get fooled again
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by charleff512(m): 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
PETUK:
kuboro mmo

Eyeneka Song Idem.
Obong odo atan sibekhe enye

3 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by fashrola(m): 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
harriet412:
Nawa oo..which stupid statistics..

Half of married couples ..

Hàba, what is he saying undecided

No mind Dem... Dem dey look for budget to be assigned to them to chop clean mouth

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by mamato(f): 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
philanthropist1:
am not surprised ........

Taraba state is no go area
correct. mambilla plateau de callam fever.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by mfm04622: 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
Icon79:
Nigerians and their tendency to throw numbers around without any form of statistical analysis or even a basic survey. How did they arrived at this number? Half of all married couples in a whole state are HIV positive? Are they insane? One out of every two, eh?

BS upon BS!!

O pari

The man found it difficult to interpret the result obtained from their survey. Please understand that they carried out survey and have data. What I understand is out of all that are HIV Positive, half of them are married. Note that this is different from saying half the married couples in the State are HIV Positive. Only 4% of HIV Positive are sexual workers while 40% are HIV Positive and are not married and not sexual workers, so we're termed "those engaged in casual sex.

For their survey to be useful, they need to tell us the sample size, sample size of married couple in the population, etc.

5 Likes

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Codes151(m): 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dr nkereuwen is a fool! What statistical model did u use? To justify over 6m Akwa Ibomites!? Foolish dr
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Vikky014(f): 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Icon79:

BS upon BS!!

O pari
have you forgotten that they go to hospitals to obtain most of their data. ?
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Icon79(m): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks for the clarifications. The news article was poorly phrased. Here's what I read:

The Programme Manager, Akwa Ibom state Agency for the Control of AIDS (AKSACA), Dr. Nkereuwem Etok, Tuesday, disclosed that 51.6 percent of married men and women have tested positive to HIV/AIDS infection in the state.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/51-6-married-couples-aibom-hiv-positive-aksaca/

O pari

mfm04622:

The man found I difficult to interpret the result obtained from their survey. Please understand that they carried out survey and have data. What I understand is out of all that are HIV Positive, half of them are married. Note that this is different from saying half the married couples in the State are HIV Positive. Only 4% of HIV Positive are sexual workers while 40% are HIV Positive and are not married and not sexual workers, so we're termed "those engaged in casual sex.

For their survey to be useful, they need to tell us the sample size, sample size of married couple in the population, etc.

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Icon79(m): 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
Do they? So most naija hospitals now have HIV screen machines, I presume?

O pari

Vikky014:
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by iamkingzlee(m): 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fabulocity:
Cc Iamkingzlee grin grin Comman see your people.
azin ehn! they must be very mad.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by iamkingzlee(m): 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fabulocity:
Cc Iamkingzlee grin grin Comman see your people.
azin ehn! they must be very mad.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by nellychy12: 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by iamkingzlee(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Icon79:
Do they? So most naija hospitals now have HIV screen machines, I presume?

O pari

You must be living in a cave
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by higgs: 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Can the man show empirical proof of this figure he is quoting?

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by avaa(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Icon79:

BS upon BS!!

O pari

I think what the research is trying to say is that married people account for atleast 51.6% of the total number of people living with the disease. I hope at least.

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by jonnytad(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Calabar get senior colleague. ..... Thank God i came out negative after all. Back to yoruba land where i become a secondary virgin.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by imoowo(m): 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dr. Nkereuwem Etok thank u for giving ur people a bad name continue should have said 99 % of akwa ibomites have hiv maybe the governor will add more money to ur allocation.

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Richy4(m): 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Vikky014:

And they know all the married couple in Akwaibom right?

The man made a joke of statistics... I believe there are local govt in Akwaibom...he should have reduced it while taking random sampling..If at all they took the data from govt hospitals, i believe there are people that prefer private hospital. and they cant give him such information....I can go on and on with what was wrong with the sampling but it's of no use

1 Like

Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
The statistics rolled out here is spurious. No basis at all. Dude wants to Keep his job . Nansense
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
zyphr:
During service year 3 of my friends slept with over 40 girls in a single local government..... Next to water, sex is the cheapest commodity in Akwa Ibom. Seeing this, I just hope the all used protection throughout.
u sure say dem never contract am sha....
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by zyphr(m): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
nothernstar:
let us give a standing ovation for you and your friends for a record breaking adventure. More power for then keep on f-cking. Make sure you win a trophy.

You don't have to be judgemental to pass a message across. I am a strict monogamist (although a serial one) and didn't participate in the fûckfest. And yes the gave themselves trophies. They were counting scores and "Leicester city" won the league.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by zyphr(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
WfBabakhay:
u sure say dem never contract am sha....

I hope not. With this news, I seriously hope for their sake that they used protection.
Re: Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA by myproperty(m): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
zyphr:
During service year 3 of my friends slept with over 40 girls in a single local government..... Next to water, sex is the cheapest commodity in Akwa Ibom. Seeing this, I just hope the all used protection throughout.
and your friend is worse than them. Don't you think so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things You Should Start Doing To Live Longer / Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / The Only Cure For HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.