Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? (23594 Views)

My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? / What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by loschivatos(m): 6:53am On Aug 04, 2017
To my son: never, l say never marry a woman out of pity,don't plead a woman into marriage and lastly don't be decieved by her beauty nor educational qualifications.

My lovely son, above all these do not deceive yourself.
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 04, 2017
Don't marry because of money but don't look where there is no money!

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by whyx06(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2017
Learning
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by stalingraddd(m): 7:19am On Aug 04, 2017
run for your life :Drun for your life
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by TinaAnita(f): 7:24am On Aug 04, 2017
ststyreal:

Infact, we are on the same page.I have stop attending wedding sef. Only wedding anniversaries i do celebrate with friends.

Idonbelivit
Hehehehe
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by TinaAnita(f): 7:27am On Aug 04, 2017
OkoAnike:

1. Op, marry your friend, some one you 've been friend with before love.

2. Marry some one that have an element of God in them.

11 years going and it's been compromise for each other and fun in our marriage.

Wish you all the best.

One could marry his/her best friend or someone s/he's been friends with and the marriage will still crash within the twinkling of an eye. Marriage is something else

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by TinaAnita(f): 7:33am On Aug 04, 2017
uniquebony:
Never marry a man who doesn't love God.
Double check and verify whatever a man tells you. Inotherwords don't be too trusting
Run from men who don't share the same vision with you
A guy that can't take decisions on his own is a no no
Check how he treats his siblings especially his sister's
Most importantly Be observant of the kind of friends he rolls with
Show me ur friend and I will tell who you are
I made this mistakes and I just wish I can turn back the hands of time, to make matters worse he kept the secret of having a child away from me till years after marriage.

Your post really arrested me as it got me thinking like seriously. Nice one

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by SayITnw: 7:33am On Aug 04, 2017
Marriage can be great. But please know yourself before venturing into it, if you are adventurous, go for like minds, don't deceive urself. Marry the woman you can't live without; a woman with a life: career or vocation, Happy and reasonable. Don't overlook deal breaking signs while u court, people hardly change, they either reduce bad habits or get worse. Make sure the final decision of who to marry comes from you, not a friend, pastor, imam or your parents should make that life changing decision for u.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by holatin(m): 7:34am On Aug 04, 2017
jimb:

good one .. sometimes that shit works.

I heard about a woman who asked her driver to mastubate in the bathroom, and after sometime he came out and told her woman he done, the woman waited fr 5 mins and asked him to go and mastubate again, few minutes later he was done and came back to the woman amd she gave him her car keys to go drop her daughter at home. By this way the guy no go get errection in the next hour.
hahahahaha dat hilarious
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by ashjay001(m): 7:37am On Aug 04, 2017
skarlett:

Pull my other leg shocked

tongue

I can give u a treatise on why, but d truth is; too many get it wrong. Everyone now feels entitled. I look around me, presently, and all I see is chaos.

Majority of marriages succeeded in d past 'cos d ladies generally played d fool, do u see that happening now or in d future? I'm all for female emancipation sha!
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by ashjay001(m): 7:41am On Aug 04, 2017
uniquebony:
Never marry a man who doesn't love God.
Double check and verify whatever a man tells you. Inotherwords don't be too trusting
Run from men who don't share the same vision with you
A guy that can't take decisions on his own is a no no
Check how he treats his siblings especially his sister's
Most importantly Be observant of the kind of friends he rolls with
Show me ur friend and I will tell who you are
I made this mistakes and I just wish I can turn back the hands of time, to make matters worse he kept the secret of having a child away from me till years after marriage.

U've been around since 2006, yet made only 17 posts? Chai!
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by agbeke16: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2017
Steady source of income is very important for both parties. Nothing weakens love more than hunger/inability to have basic needs met. Besides,when u both contribute to the family purse, u grow faster and live more comfortably without either party feeling burdened.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Cavalier: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2017
[b][/b]-For the daughters,I would tell her that she should be everything she wants her mother to be to her father.
-Both of you should never be angry at the same time;if one is venting,if you cannot reply in a controlled manner,it is best not to speak at all till the venting partner has chilled out.
-Like my mum told my sisters on getting married,"If you catch your husband cheating and you cannot stand it,you will GO; and if he catches you, you cheating,you will still GO. So you must pray it doesn't happen but be wise enough not to overreact without looking at the bigger picture of what your lives together mean."
-Don't let your anger for your spouse crossover from one day to the next.Bury hatchets before the day breaks and for those knotty issues that don't get settled overnight,seek the face of GOD for healing of your hearts.
Most importantly,let GOD be the arbiter and the center of your family life/home.Pray together always as a family.

-For the sons,I would tell them to respect and be protective of their wives because therein lies the key to a healthy atmosphere in their homes.
-Laying a finger on any woman is an act of cowardice;it means you are neither creative enough nor man enough to deal with a woman even in their most annoying state.There are many ways to make a woman humble without beating her.Be imaginative.
-Do all you can to provide for the size of family you build.That is how you can walk with your head held high and not become hypertensive later because if you let your wife pressure you into having more kids than you can cater for,she will be the same one to nag you to death about their welfare later in life.Be wise.
-Don't let your anger for your spouse crossover from one day to the next.Bury hatchets before the day breaks and for those knotty issues that don't get settled overnight,seek the face of GOD for healing of your hearts.
-Most importantly,let GOD be the arbiter in your home so seek HIS wisdom as HE has made you the Spiritual Head of your home;your actions or inactions will determine in many ways,the destiny of your family.Pray together always as a family.
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by greenguy: 7:52am On Aug 04, 2017
Marriage is a lovely institution. It is sweet.

After you have sought the face of God in choosing who to settle with, I'd advise you thus:

1. Love your spouse. Love her so much regardless of what people say about pampering a lover.

2. Trust. You need plenty of trust to be happy in marriage. Trust even in the midst of suspicion. Just trust because you chose her. Lack of it will ruin everything you dreamed of.

3. Patience. Bleeding patience. This is the most important of all. I leave you to imagine the power of this great virtue.

....all the very best.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by FX(m): 7:57am On Aug 04, 2017
Let all men say the truth from the bottom bottomless pit of their heart, no man is truly satisfied with one woman. Sometimes in marriage, you will wish you can have this other beautiful woman for even a day. You want to taste what it feels like to be with this other woman for just even a day. But you can't because you are married. You are limited, with one life partner. It's like you are in prison. It's like having to eat the same soup for the rest of your life. It's boring. You cannot even joke with another beautiful woman. It's serious. You will get tired. My Wife is pretty and sexy but the attraction and gingah is no longer there because she is mine for life. Immediately you posses that thing you have been dreaming for all your life, it also immediately loses it value. Some men will like to have Nicki Minaj for a wife but I tell u, if you have Nick Minaj for 1yr, u will get tired and even cheat on her because she has lost that value and another man will be dying to be with her even if it is for a second That is life for you. Variety is d spice of life. Any form of limitation imposed on mankind is injustice and the society has imposed it on us. It is everybody's wish to be unlimited and if possible become God themselves. Marriage is a limitation and a form of living in bondage. I'm a married man but I will tell the truth. So be wise . I propose a world where everybody is free and free to fly like a bird. Both man and woman. Freedom is priceless.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by lastburn(m): 8:00am On Aug 04, 2017
Treat your husband /wife like u handling a child. Learn to forgive when problems and egos sets in. For the wife, don't look for evidence that ur husband is cheating, let the evidence find you. For the husband, yes we know we cheating(we move by wot we see) but don't rub it in her face. Hide/delete all evidence.. When with ur side chick and ur wife's calls, tell the sidekick "be humble, don't make a sound".... Always tell each other nice things.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Mcreloaded(m): 8:11am On Aug 04, 2017
dingbang:
Married folks pls advise me

If you are a Lady and you know you come from a home where your mother dominates then make sure you look for a man that also comes from a home where women dominate so that you as a lady can be in control.

While if you are a man and you come from a home where the men dominate then look for a lady who comes from a home where the men dominate.

If you are a man and you come from a home where the men dominate and you marry from a home where the women dominate and are lords over their husband's then you are in for a long thing.

That's just the way it is

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Taeewo(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2017
CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Cavalier: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2017
-For the daughters,I would tell her that she should be everything she wants her mother to be to her father.
-Both of you should never be angry at the same time;if one is venting,if you cannot reply in a controlled manner,it is best not to speak at all till the venting partner has chilled out.
-Like my mum told my sisters on getting married,"If you catch your husband cheating and you cannot stand it,you will GO; and if he catches you, you cheating,you will still GO. So you must pray it doesn't happen but be wise enough not to overreact without looking at the bigger picture of what your lives together mean."
Most importantly,let GOD be the arbiter and the center of your family life/home.Pray together always as a family.
-For the sons,I would tell them to respect and be protective of their wives because therein lies the key to a healthy atmosphere in their homes.
-Laying a finger on any woman is an act of cowardice;it means you are neither creative enough nor man enough to deal with a woman even in their most annoying state.There are many ways to make a woman humble without beating her.Be imaginative.
-Do all you can to provide for the size of family you build.That is how you can walk with your head held high and not become hypertensive later because if you let your wife pressure you into having more kids than you can cater for,she will be the same one to nag you to death about their welfare later in life.Be wise.
-Most importantly,let GOD be the arbiter in your home so seek HIS wisdom as HE has made you the Spiritual Head of your home;your actions or inactions will determine in many ways,the destiny of your family.Pray together always as a family.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by jacyhelen(f): 8:27am On Aug 04, 2017
Benita27:
Marriage is an institution. Once you're wedded you're given marriage certificate but there's no graduation. Your syllabus is your spouse, so do well to study him/her very well. Marry your best friend and not out of pity.

This is my advice, and hope to learn from others.

that best friend side is the truth!!!
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by jacyhelen(f): 8:30am On Aug 04, 2017
TINALETC3:
Exactly Wat my mum told me
Neva jump to a man bc of money, attitude first.
Kama is unavoidable, treat ur brothers wives d same way u wnt 2 b treated in ur husband home. Neva speak wen ur husband is angry and shouting at u,4 dat wl make hm raise his hand on u, neva argue with hm. Instead, talk 2 hm wen his anger cools
I stop here abeg, it's many cool, God bless my mum 4 me, she did well
Anytime I hv problem wt my brothers, she keeps reminding me dat am a woman, if I keep reacting violently 2 dem, I wl bhave d same way in my husband's home.

i can sense are older but in this our indomie generation,most women will never adhere...They belive money is everything in a marriage..
Bleep a man cos of money
but never marry a man cos of money
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Nofuckgiven: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2017
FX:
Let all men say the truth from the bottom bottomless pit of their heart, no man is truly satisfied with one woman. Sometimes in marriage, you will wish you can have this other beautiful woman for even a day. You want to taste what it feels like to be with this other woman for just even a day. But you can't because you are married. You are limited, with one life partner. It's like you are in prison. It's like having to eat the same soup for the rest of your life. It's boring. You cannot even joke with another beautiful woman. It's serious. You will get tired. My Wife is pretty and sexy but the attraction and gingah is no longer there because she is mine for life. Immediately you posses that thing you have been dreaming for all your life, it also immediately loses it value. Some men will like to have Nicki Minaj for a wife but I tell u, if you have Nick Minaj for 1yr, u will get tired and even cheat on her because she has lost that value and another man will be dying to be with her even if it is for a second That is life for you. Variety is d spice of life. Any form of limitation imposed on mankind is injustice and the society has imposed it on us. It is everybody's wish to be unlimited and if possible become God themselves. Marriage is a limitation and a form of living in bondage. I'm a married man but I will tell the truth. So be wise . I propose a world where everybody is free and free to fly like a bird. Both man and woman. Freedom is priceless.
Oga stop all this rants and do the right thing. Get a divorce and be free. Stop frustrating yourself and your partner. Nobody forced you to get married. Heck! Even many women now are proud of being a babymama,although I don't support such.
Just free yourself from the bondage you put yourself and partner into because I am sure your wife would have married someone else who would appreciate and love her more than you.
Enough of the sob story abeg undecided

4 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Tscholar(m): 8:50am On Aug 04, 2017
genghiskhan007:
Avoid d following-
1. Yoloba gals
2.Nagging bitches
3.Domineering daddy gals
4. Dirty gals
5. slay bitches
6. I-invested-a-lot-in-this-relationship-so-u-must-marry-me-pussies
7.Girls who want to pin you down using their daddy's wealth to assist u
8.Unforgiving gals
9. Proud Gals
10. Obsessive gals........................thank me later
Why did you said,dont marry Yoruba girls,is any tribe an exception to prostitution?There is always bad examples in each tribe
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2017
I will advice my son to make sure she marry only the woman that loves him.

For my daughter. She should make sure. She marry a person. Because she love him. Otherwise, she would find it difficult being a submissive wife and help meet unto her husband.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Tscholar(m): 9:00am On Aug 04, 2017
ImaIma1:

Don't let anyone discourage you or put fear in you. People that are not having it good like to make others feel like it is bad. I can tell you from my own experience that i have never regretted it for one day. I married a long time friend and marriage has been easy and what i hoped it would be. I was never under the illusion that it would be perfect. Afterall, we are both from different backgrounds coming together to make a life together.
My husband makes life very easy for me and i make him want to come home. We fight hard too.
Your marriage is what you make it not what others say it is.
I love this
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by FX(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Oga stop all this rants and do the right thing. Get a divorce and be free. Stop frustrating yourself and your partner. Nobody forced you to get married. Heck! Even many women now are proud of being a babymama,although I don't support such.
Just free yourself from the bondage you put yourself and partner into because I am sure your wife would have married someone else who would appreciate and love her more than you.
Enough of the sob story abeg undecided
It is people like you who cheat on your wife. I love my wife and I have never cheated on my wife because that is what I have signed for. It is only a very few men are like me cos I don't cheat on my wife. Check out statistics, 90% of men cheat on their wives. Almost all d young men I know cheat on their wives. But fortunately I'm not like that. It is for better for worse. I'm only advising young people to think twice before getting married. Love and money cannot give a blissful marriage .It is not easy. I'm in it already. Instead of having to pass through all the stress of marriage, you better stay single and be free.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 04, 2017
ashjay001:

tongue

I can give u a treatise on why, but d truth is; too many get it wrong. Everyone now feels entitled. I look around me, presently, and all I see is chaos.

Majority of marriages succeeded in d past 'cos d ladies generally played d fool, do u see that happening now or in d future? I'm all for female emancipation sha!

Well, I think you need to keep up with the times and stop reminiscing on the 'good ol days'. Change is inevitable. tongue
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by lawrykings(m): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2017
ashjay001:
Dont get married. Boy or girl, u can live in, have kids but, dont tie any knot joor!

I would love to learn more sir! but how do the kids grow with moral values and other important aspects of life?, hope work and other activities of the single parent won't affect the positive growth of the kids?

just curious to learn sir!
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Jman06(m): 9:10am On Aug 04, 2017
FX:
When you marry I go c how much spice u go add to your marriage. It's not about spices my brother. When u enter, you go know far. It is not a bed of roses with all d spices, love, money and compatibility. I have said my own, I will advise my son not to get married. That marriage institution is over hyped. Your parents will never tell you the whole truth about marriage cos they want you to fall into the same trap they fell in. i'm married but I will advise my friends to stay clear from marriage. Don't short change your life by living in bondage
Life is not all about you, your freedom and you alone. Sacrifices have to be made! Unless you are implying that not getting married will guarantee my living forever on earth in great health and without any problems whatsoever again. So long as those who don't get married don't have it all rosy, your advice on this topic holds no water.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2017
VickyRotex:

Hahahahaha
You tried this time. But I'm not based in Lagos and I did not study Linguistics.

The last one though. You know! How did you know?

You always extend an arm of friendship

It is quite rare to see you angry. as a matter of fact, I've never seen you react in anger.

All your post display happiness.

there is no bitterness in you at all..

I long concluded that U are Alonge Victoria (an old friend that carry the same features)
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by amychoice(f): 9:45am On Aug 04, 2017
I wil advice him/her to always understand ur spouse
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by desoul2004(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2017
FX:
It is not about compatibility. My wife loves me and I love my wife certainly no doubts about that. But if u add, multiply, subtract and divide everything, u will find out that marriage is burdensome. Check all the marriages of the world, no one is perfect. People are getting married because d society wants them to get married. 99% of married people are not happy but they cover up. The truth is that freedom is priceless. It is not about love, money and compatibility . You can still achieve everything without getting married. I'm married but when I see people doing wedding, I will just say in my mind that these couples don't know what they are getting themselves into.

You're absolutely correct.
Pm me your digit.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wedding Pics / What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / Her Husband Ogles Other Women.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.