Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. (1495 Views)

He Proposed Publicly, She Said YES, The Main Boyfriend Showed Up, This Happened / I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends / She Is Pregnant For Me But I Am Not Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by md17: 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by dingbang(m): 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
If you really want to enjoy a relationship, date a woman who is 26 years and above..

5 Likes

Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by pocohantas(f): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
and she told me point blank that she quitted the relationship with the guy because she felt that she needed time to enjoy her single state, afterall, she's less than 23. She's considering getting into a relationship in about two years time.

What do you want us to say again?

I don't know what she means by 'enjoy her single state'. I would be impressed if she wants to focus on bettering herself in every area of life. I would also be impressed if she stays off casual sex in the proposed 2yrs.

Anything short of that, she is confused and making up excuses.
Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
That's a polite way of saying you don't measure up.. although you're not too bad to hang around to pump her ego. Till a more suitable distraction comes along...

1 Like

Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by elantraceey(f): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
Just face it.... she likes you but she isn't interested in a relationship with you... all these she's saying are just excuses not to just say no to you.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by md17: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
Well, in her words " I want to focus on bettering myself before I allow any man into my life". It sounds like I'm coming to ruin her life. I've actually been a plus to her ever since we met.
pocohantas:

What do you want us to say again?

I don't know what she means by 'enjoy her single state'. I would be impressed if she wants to focus on bettering herself in every area of life. I would also be impressed if she stays off casual sex in the proposed 2yrs. Anything short of that, she is confused.
Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by Lewaluv(f): 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
Forget her.
Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by pocohantas(f): 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
md17:
Well, in her words " I want to focus on bettering myself before I allow any man into my life". It sounds like I'm coming to ruin her life. I've actually been a plus to her ever since we met.

Okay. If that's the case, then she needs a little reassuring. I once felt that way, not because I had all the time in the world...but I didn't want distractions. It's not like you're coming to ruin her life, we've always accused ladies of being parasitic and using marriage as poverty alleviation. Yet when we see one who is willing to better herself, we don't encourage her.

Is she an undergraduate?
Does she really strike you as one with a drive?

I like the age gap between you two. Are you planning to settle down soon. Is she also looking to settle down in same time frame? I wouldn't want a situation you guys work things out, then date for 7yrs...leaving room for issues and break-ups.
Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by md17: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
She's a graduate, and she started​ her first job some months ago. Part of my being supportive is evident by the new job she got. I really supported her all the way till she finally got her employment letter.

I plan settling down in 2-3 years time. I wouldn't know if this matches up with her time frame.
pocohantas:

Okay. If that's the case, then she needs a little reassuring. I once felt that way, not because I had all the time in the world...but I didn't want distractions. It's not like you're coming to ruin her life, we've always accused ladies of being parasitic and using marriage as poverty alleviation. Yet when we see one who is willing to better herself, we don't encourage her.

Is she an undergraduate?
Does she really strike you as one with a drive?

I like the age gap between you two. Are you planning to settle down soon. Is she also looking to settle down in same time frame? I wouldn't want a situation you guys work things out, then date for 7yrs...leaving room for issues and break-ups.

Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
md17:

I tried to bring the issue up again (a friend advised me to do this), and she told me point blank that she quitted the relationship with the guy because she felt that she needed time to enjoy her single state, afterall, she's less than 23. She's considering getting into a relationship in about two years time. I'm not even sure she really do love me. I still love her, and not that I can't wait for her, but there's no guarantee that she's end up with me eventually.
Thanks

Actually, this girl is 'respectable', smarter and more realistic than you. At least she told you upfront that she is not mature enough, and you are not either to be in relationship with her.

She could have agreed to date you but end up "cheating" on you down the road.

Then, you will be back her with "my girlfriend is cheating on me" epistle-- when you 'coerced' her to be in date you in the first place.

What you "feel" for her is not love. All you want is the idea of "being in love" and "being in relationship". You also want to shag for free.

What's left to do is mind your own business- since you can't be friends with her.

Face your studies. Get a proper education. Learn a trade and work on yourself as a person.

When you are ready, you won't have to be 'confused', it will just happen.

Now, respect yourself and get a grip on reality. Don't you have more pressing issues to worry about over there in Nigeria (like how to survive) than worry about a girl? Clod.
Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by LorenzoWisdom(m): 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
md17:
I'm in my late twenties and she's in her early twenties. We've been casual friends for over a year now, though we don't reside in the same state.

When I felt I've known her enough to take it to the next step, I got the shocker of my life. We got talking one fateful day, and one talk let to another, that I asked if she'll marry me. She said " I said yes to someone last week. I waited for you to propose, but you weren't saying anything and I thought you ain't interested in taking the friendship to another level". Whether she's dodging me or not I don't know. I really felt so bad and it pained me to my marrow. For the first time, I understood what a break-up really is, even though ours wasn't a case of one.

After a few days, I came out of the emotional breakdown. I defied the advise my big sister gave me by getting in touch with her. My big sister had advised earlier that since it could not work out as planned, I will only torture myself further by keeping in touch with her. I told myself I'll man it up.

To cut the long story short, after some months, I tried to bring the issue up again (a friend advised me to do this), and she told me point blank that she quitted the relationship with the guy because she felt that she needed time to enjoy her single state, afterall, she's less than 23. She's considering getting into a relationship in about two years time. I'm not even sure she really do love me.

I still love her, and not that I can't wait for her, but there's no guarantee that she's end up with me eventually. I'm kind of confused and don't know the way forward. We still talk once a while, but keeping her as a friend is seriously a big torture for me.

Mature minds only please...
You can call me names all you want, but don't forget to drop a word of advice.

Thanks

bro u loseguard...4 some places..

bro u go n check ma signature

1 Like

Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by md17: 8:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
Thanks for being realistic. I'm actually working and in a postgraduate program.
Xiadnat:

Actually, this girl is 'respectable', smarter and more realistic than you. At least she told you upfront that she is not mature enough, and you are not either to be in relationship with her.

Then, you will be back her with "my girlfriend is cheating on me" epistle-- when you 'coerced' her to be in date you in the first place.

What you "feel" for her is not love. All you want is the idea of "being in love" and "being in relationship". You also want to shag for free.

What's left to do is mind your own business- since you can't be friends with her.

Face your studies. Get a proper education. Learn a trade and work on yourself as a person.

Now, respect yourself and get a grip on reality. Don't you have more pressing issues to worry about over there in Nigeria (like how to survive) than worry about a girl? Clod.
Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
She doesn't want to be in a relationship with you talk more of marriage.

You need to accept that fact and stop loving a person that don't love you that much.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by MissRaine69(f): 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
You can't make someone love you
That's a bitter pill to swallow but accept it.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her, But She Said She's Not Ready For A Relationship​. by luminouz(m): 2:09am On Aug 04, 2017
Xiadnat:

Who is this nitori olorun
U can't even read

(1) (Reply)

There Is A Park In South Korea That Is Full Of Giant Male Organs / My Gf Is Thinking About Moving Here And I’m Not Ready. Help? / MEME THREAD: Funny Memes Done On #ekurobycoded (don't Laugh)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.