Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,104 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men (3446 Views)

Tall Woman Marrying A Short Man Causes Controversy As People React / I Want To Be Remembered For Having World’s Biggest Hips - American Woman / Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Lyssa069(f): 1:51am On Aug 07, 2017
I am new to this forum. I came across this page on Facebook and decided this would be a good place to share what I am going through and get advice. I am a 47 year old American woman who meant a 29 year old Igbo man online. At first I did not know what to think. I never dated anyone so young before. But I found we had alot in common and talked for hours on video chat and what's up. We meant in April and now talking about marriage in December. When I meant him, he was just getting out of a 6 year relationship that was very hurtful to him. I was in a 15 year relationship that was ending in divorce long before I meant him.

When we first started talking, he had a job and his own place. Soon after, he lost his apartment and needed help finding a new place. He asked me to help him with the cost of an apartment for the year. I thought about it for almost a month and decided to help him. I sent him the money for the apartment. Then about a month later his mother was very sick and in the hospital. He needed help with her medical bills so I helped him with that too. His mother is still in the hospital according to him. Because he missed so much time at work, he lost his job and he is looking for another one. In the course of doing that, he has now decided to start his own saloon and needs help getting started. No, I did not send him the money for that but he still ask me.

In the meantime, I agreed to marry him. I will be spending a month in Nigeria to spend time with and for our wedding. I wanted to get go to the court and do it but he said we have to do the court and traditional wedding. I'm okay with that I guess. He does tell me that he needs a job so he can get ready for the wedding and I dont have to spend alot of money.

Here is my issue, no one knows we are together. I mean on social media or anywhere else. I meant a few of his friends on video chat but that was some ago. One of his friends I looked at like a little brother but he told me he was in love with me and I had to stop talking to him. The fact that he does not want anyone to know until we are married bothers me. I asked him is it because I am American, older and fat. He said no that he is protecting me and himself. I don't understand and I am trying but I feel like he is ashamed of me. He said that his family members will be upset and ask alot of questions. I'm okay with that. He is still friends with his ex and she comments all the time but when I do, he removes them. Something is wrong here. He keeps telling me to wait until we are married and everyone will know. Just hold on. I love him very much and I try not to think of the age difference and look at him as a man. I'm so confused
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by ebukahandsome(m): 2:00am On Aug 07, 2017
Madam you no be american... PERIOD! !!
I no wan chook mouth for your matter because you don already lie.
When you ready to talk true we go help you

5 Likes

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Lyssa069(f): 2:15am On Aug 07, 2017
I'm not sure why you don't think I am American and honestly I am offended. I posted something that I am currently going through and not sure how to deal with it. I did not post to be insulted. If you don't have anything constructive to say don't say nothing at all thank you.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by REDDEVILS1(m): 2:27am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa069:
I am new to this forum. I came across this page on Facebook and decided this would be a good place to share what I am going through and get advice. I am a 47 year old American woman who meant a 29 year old Igbo man online. At first I did not know what to think. I never dated anyone so young before. But I found we had alot in common and talked for hours on video chat and what's up. We meant in April and now talking about marriage in December. When I meant him, he was just getting out of a 6 year relationship that was very hurtful to him. I was in a 15 year relationship that was ending in divorce long before I meant him.

When we first started talking, he had a job and his own place. Soon after, he lost his apartment and needed help finding a new place. He asked me to help him with the cost of an apartment for the year. I thought about it for almost a month and decided to help him. I sent him the money for the apartment. Then about a month later his mother was very sick and in the hospital. He needed help with her medical bills so I helped him with that too. His mother is still in the hospital according to him. Because he missed so much time at work, he lost his job and he is looking for another one. In the course of doing that, he has now decided to start his own saloon and needs help getting started. No, I did not send him the money for that but he still ask me.

In the meantime, I agreed to marry him. I will be spending a month in Nigeria to spend time with and for our wedding. I wanted to get go to the court and do it but he said we have to do the court and traditional wedding. I'm okay with that I guess. He does tell me that he needs a job so he can get ready for the wedding and I dont have to spend alot of money.

Here is my issue, no one knows we are together. I mean on social media or anywhere else. I meant a few of his friends on video chat but that was some ago. One of his friends I looked at like a little brother but he told me he was in love with me and I had to stop talking to him. The fact that he does not want anyone to know until we are married bothers me. I asked him is it because I am American, older and fat. He said no that he is protecting me and himself. I don't understand and I am trying but I feel like he is ashamed of me. He said that his family members will be upset and ask alot of questions. I'm okay with that. He is still friends with his ex and she comments all the time but when I do, he removes them. Something is wrong here. He keeps telling me to wait until we are married and everyone will know. Just hold on. I love him very much and I try not to think of the age difference and look at him as a man. I'm so confused
If you're what you say you are, then you are being conned. Cut whatever communication you hv with the fella and move on. He is just ripping you off. None of his stories are true.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa069:

Madam you are a fool. It doesn't matter if he is Igbo, Hausa or Malaysian. No 29 year old man wants a 47 year old woman. If it was that common, you would be dating an American man. Please don't come here later and cry that all Nigerian men are scammers. Once he has his green card and all your money, please only remind yourself of the part you played in this game.

5 Likes

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Lyssa069(f): 2:48am On Aug 07, 2017
@Reddevils, I thought it was to goid to be true. I guess I was hoping for the best. Thank you for your input and being respectful.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 07, 2017
OP, go to VisaJourney.Com, surf over to their Effects of getting married section and read stories of naive in love people who have been had too.

You should sever all contact this minute.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Lyssa069(f): 3:14am On Aug 07, 2017
@Fortuner Teller, I would never cry "poor me". If I made the decision to date or marry a Nigerian man and worst came to worst, it's my fault and no one else. I have never dated a Nigerian man before. I have been approached by some in my area. I have always been scared because of what we Americans hear. By the way, I do have 25, 26, 27 all the way to 60 year old men approaching. You are as young as you feel. It does not matter if he is Nigerian or American as long as he is respectful and honest.

I am not sure why you are so bitter in the way you come across. But you need a hug or something. Have a nice evening

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Lyssa069(f): 3:18am On Aug 07, 2017
I was asked what do I look like. This is me
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa069:
@Fortuner Teller, I would never cry "poor me". If I made the decision to date or marry a Nigerian man and worst came to worst, it's my fault and no one else. I have never dated a Nigerian man before. I have been approached by some in my area. I have always been scared because of what we Americans hear. By the way, I do have 25, 26, 27 all the way to 60 year old men approaching. You are as young as you feel. It does not matter if he is Nigerian or American as long as he is respectful and honest.

I am not sure why you are so bitter in the way you come across. But you need a hug or something. Have a nice evening

You're not as young as feel. You are as old as you are. You say all these young men are approaching you, yet you had to go on the internet to find one. He's already scammed you out of money and probably used it to cater to his girlfriend, who he proudly talks to on social media (while deleting your posts). He is going to take your money, pay his girlfriend's bride price and bring her over once he gets his citizenship. But go ahead and be a fool.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 07, 2017
You are being scammed.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa069:
I was asked what do I look like. This is me

A grandma and her money shall soon part. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Lyssa069(f): 3:53am On Aug 07, 2017
@Fortune Teller, thank you for your honesty. That is all wanted from my post nothing more or nothing less. I know what I must do.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa069:
@Fortune Teller, thank you for your honesty. That is all wanted from my post nothing more or nothing less. I know what I must do.

Good luck and blessings.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by VargasVee(m): 4:25am On Aug 07, 2017
Calm down whoever this is behind the handle, and stop using another woman's picture.

Stop claiming to be American. Your writing style already betrayed you undecided

If you truly are, then you're just a Catalyst to his green card grin
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 07, 2017
Hi Lyssa....firstly remove your photo from ur post...it's an advise.

Now back to ur post...there's nothing bad in meeting your husband online or on d street as long as you're both comfortable around each other..

The truth is Nigerians are good-bad people just like every other country in the world...You are very lucky to stumble on a site like this which means u get to be advise by the good and bad ones.......so take no offense for what anybody says..you need advise and that's more important.....and pls do ignore any email u might get from people u dont know anddint accept friend requests from strangers henceforth.

The bitter truth is u are dealing with a scammer...and d sooner u report him and get rid of every emotions now the better

If that is so hard for u to do, that means u are still willing to loose ur hard earn money and probably get into debt....you should not have compassion for miseries.... because he doesn't have one for u either.

And don't be wise by saying I will keep the d contact but not give out money...u will blame ur self for that...cut all d cords...block him and move on....count your loss
You are not fortunate to meet a good one....there's no crime in helping people out of their predicament only if they are legit and u do that out of compassion but with d stories from him. I confirm him a SCAMMER.

This guy u dealing with will suck u out and leave u.... forget about d marriage whatever, u might not even get to meet him...all d stories are called "FORMAT" and they are never ending....at some point he will still ask for more

P.S: Nigerians are good people with few of us giving us d bad name just in d name of surviving d hard economy....and we frown at d act. We do not encourage scamming.

U can share d scammer face if you want.

Cheers..

3 Likes

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by adadike281(f): 4:37am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa069, am sorry to tell u this. He doesn't love u, he is just using u, that guy is a scammer!

1 Like

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by beastofwestros(m): 4:49am On Aug 07, 2017
what is your Facebook ID?
because from what I see these are lies... you na confirm Naija guy but I wonder what you stand to gain
Lyssa069:
because from what I see these are lies... you na confirm Naija guy but I wonder what you stand to gain
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Chuksdede(m): 4:54am On Aug 07, 2017
ebukahandsome:
Madam you no be american... PERIOD! !!
I no wan chook mouth for your matter because you don already lie.
When you ready to talk true we go help you
Simple and short grin

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa don't give out any ID here...if anybody doesn't believe u, that's not ur business....u have been warned.
beastofwestros:
because from what I see these are lies... you na confirm Naija guy but I wonder what you stand to gainwhat is your Facebook ID?
If shes not American, that's are her headache...by don't u think giving her id out here might expose her to more scammers...pls leave her id out of this please
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by cuteguy123(m): 4:56am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa069:
@Reddevils, I thought it was to goid to be true. I guess I was hoping for the best. Thank you for your input and being respectful.

Please do you have any sister or friends age 30 max that you can hook me up with? Not for games.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Lyssa069(f): 5:02am On Aug 07, 2017
Sorry but I don't give out my facebook info or any of my personal information. Last, I don't understand why some of you don't think I'm American. That's funny because I am all American. I don't have to prove myself to you or anyone else. I asked for advise and I got it
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 07, 2017
Lyssa069:
Sorry but I don't give out my facebook info or any of my personal information. Last, I don't understand why some of you don't think I'm American. That's funny because I am all American. I don't have to prove myself to you or anyone else. I asked for advise and I got it
Reason why they believe you are not American is because u spelt some words wrong..the believe is once u are from a developed country , u shouldn't make any mistake.

Ur errors:
Meant--met
Men--man.

But that's not a crime I've seen an American undergraduate spell 'woman' as wemon....I thought it was a mistake until she wanted to argue that.

But for those who have traveled, u will understand how much mistakes we make with our pronunciations....most oyinbo are not as educated as we are...they no get d time...
But do good orally....but not in writing
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 07, 2017
If you're feeling particularly vindictive you can probably get him arrested. Fraud, misrepresentation etc. He may even have a wife back home.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 07, 2017
Hey Lyssa, it's a pity that you've been scammed by a "Yahoo boy", just move on and be watchful next time.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by beastofwestros(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2017
Beverly1:
Lyssa don't give out any ID here...if anybody doesn't believe u, that's not ur business....u have been warned.
If shes not American, that's are her headache...by don't u think giving her id out here might expose her to more scammers...pls leave her id out of this please
her business sha
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by Mizzile: 7:21am On Aug 08, 2017
Do they say "worst comes to worst " in America? I never hear am for any American movie b4 o...

Lyssa069:
@Fortuner Teller, I would never cry "poor me". If I made the decision to date or marry a Nigerian man and worst came to worst , it's my fault and no one else. I have never dated a Nigerian man before. I have been approached by some in my area. I have always been scared because of what we Americans hear. By the way, I do have 25, 26, 27 all the way to 60 year old men approaching. You are as young as you feel.

Meanwhile..if u truly are who u say u are, ur being scammed. Its as plain and simple as that. No need to sugarcoat anything here. What u do next is up to u.

Cheers.
Re: American Woman Marrying An Igbo Men by 2braithe: 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
Na slawormir dey follow this oyinbo mama talk.

(1) (Reply)

A NAIRALANDER, CELEBRATES HIS KID SISTER.. / I'm Good Looking But Terribly Broke, Why Can't I Get A Girl Permanently / South African Lady Goes Fully Unclad In This Video 18+ Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.