Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (25277 Views)

Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
funkybaby:

Learn from what? ?
People are quick to point to the Asians as good example. Truth is most Asians penetrated the UK borders thanks to student visas. . . . . mostly for those bogus and shitt.y colleges (before the UK govt clamped down on them last year)
What do they do? Apply for student visa to one cheap college and then bring their mother, father, neighbours, etc as dependants and it continues on and on.Now the UK peeps have recognised that loop hole so i think from March this year, any student studying for a course lower than degree level can only work 10hours weekly and he or she is not entitled to bring in any dependents.It is also common knowledge that they use 'resemblance passport' a lot. Majority of the surnames , 'khan', 'mohammed' and they are all 'brothers'
Besides, who told you nigerians dont help each other? We do just that we cant keep secrets and bad-belle and jealousy amongst us is just too much.point i am trying to make is that things have changed and all these little immigration tricks are becoming tougher.
This is 2010, wake up abeg !
God bless u!! I couldn't have said it better.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by heryyy(m): 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2010
justwise:

You are one of those dreamers, come here and do it then write from experience only then will i take u seriously

LOL !!!! @Justwise i am living here in the UK !!!!  grin grin grin so what do you have to say again  grin grin grin
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2010
femilangy:

@ funky baby

which US is he better of coming?i am sure he will be better off overstaying his UK visa than getting a visitors visa outta the US embassy. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
True !
But the key to US visa is persistence.  a friend of mine was denied 5 times by US embassy ( in between that period he had various UK visiting visas). He was eventually given and guess what ? He has overstayed his US visa and he is loving it  grin grin
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2010
bandiejay:

grin grin grin  you are right if base on what you have in your Oven if full with bread but if full with crumps, opps!
cool my reply to this for hussuler is go to uk and return before six months when your cooperative money has not been paid back and see if your people would welcome you ,  am not personal just saying my own base on my own stories , you only get valued for just 2 weeks in 9ja  regardless of closeness from anybody ,  VISA no easy, to collect oo all this come back and re-apply got genui paperz so the dont know the difficulties let any one who have an experiece come out and shear is view
angry

I choose to disagree with you on this point.

To get a VISA is very easy. The problem with most Nigerians is poor applications and insufficient, incomplete or forged documentations.

The bottom line is this, if you can't genuinely prove you plan to return to Nigeria, you will NEVER get a visa!
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by VPG: 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

@Justwise,

I'm not talking about illegal working or workers. Have you been in a meeting where Asians are discussing? First, all the women will be sent upstairs and the men will remain behind. Then you will start hearing about how the newcomer will be helped. Or how Adil or Depak Mansoor needs a loan to buy the next house to his shop smiley smiley I just admire the bond between those Asians. There are always exceptions to the rule. I have Asian friends. Siddon there and keep displaying your ignorance. You're too small to battle online with. Its better you go to bed. Cheers.
I totally agree with you bro, that’s how they operate in china towns across Yankee. The Arabs use the same tactics.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by supereagle(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2010
I love Nigeria,I no go lie,   na inside am I go live and die.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Redman44(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2010
I am not supporting people overstaying their visa but sometimes strange things happen in life. Some people are destined to become great irrespective of how they got to advanced countries. All what destiny was waiting for them to do was to find their way to Europe or America. Then destiny takes over the rest. Life is strange and what happens at the end of the day is manifest destiny. I've heard of a case where a guy was grassed on by another African living in the same house. The Congolese guy snitched on the Nigerian guy to the Home Office. Pronto, UK Border officials came to arrest him in the house. However, I feel something happened while the immigration officers were on their way. Maybe they decided to leave the guy alone or after checking his room and questioning him, they found out that the guy was intelligent or has a sort of skill. Anyway, they did not arrest the guy. According to the story, the immigration officers were looking at each other somehow and were puzzled. They later left in their van. When the Congolese guy came back at night. He was shocked that the Naija guy had not been arrested. We live in a strange world and when destiny has a plan for you, no one can stop it. I don't support Illegality but let the little dog gnaw. Cheers.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
joxiri:

people should consider placees like canada now
uk is not even the same anymore

i wonder oh.
There are other EU countries that he can try out as well
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Kob: 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
dont be surprised immigration officers in the UK are trained to visit these forums. nothing is private anymore, so you are likely to be nabbed if you say you have a dog businesssmiley
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by VPG: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

I am not supporting people overstaying their visa but sometimes strange things happen in life. Some people are destined to become great irrespective of how they got to advanced countries. All what destiny was waiting for them to do was to find their way to Europe or America. Then destiny takes over the rest. Life is strange and what happens at the end of the day is manifest destiny. I've heard of a case where a guy was grassed on by another African living in the same house. The Congolese guy snitched on the Nigerian guy to the Home Office. Pronto, UK Border officials came to arrest him in the house. However, I feel something happened while the immigration officers were on their way. Maybe they decided to leave the guy alone or after checking his room and questioning him, they found out that the guy was intelligent or has a sort of skill. Anyway, they did not arrest the guy. According to the story, the immigration officers were looking at each other somehow and were puzzled. They later left in their van. When the Congolese guy came back at night. He was shocked that the Naija guy had not been arrested. We live in a strange world and when destiny has a plan for you, no one can stop it. I don't support Illegality but let the little dog gnaw. Cheers.
Redman U D Best!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by joxiri: 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
people should stop talking about immigration people visitng this forum
it aint happening and it aint gonna happen
i think canada is a very good prospect
I had a friend who left the uk for canada 4 yrs ago as a student and he is on course to get his residency now, at the time we thought he was making a big mistake.
here in Uk to get post study visa self is a big wahala
in hindsight i should have joined him
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2010
heryyy:

LOL !!!! @Justwise i am living here in the UK !!!! grin grin grin so what do you have to say again grin grin grin

Good, now when ur visa expires, overstay and follow all the tricks Redman44 has given u.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Redman44(m): 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2010
Dodgy Asian friends? Who is honest these days? Is it the politicians who are milking the people dry? I'm laughing in Bangladeshi grin grin grin You need to hear stories coming out of the town halls across Britain. Let the Conservatives come in in a few months time and you'll know what being dodgy means. Come and see how Britons are longing to go and work in their Embassies all over the world. Check out the good life they live in Lagos with money they've gotten from visa applications. They've even hired Nigerian staff to make their work easier while they just stick in the visa in the passports. They don't pay tax as consular officials and they live like Kings and Queens in African nations.

@Justwise, every situation in life has roots in other situations. Broaden your knowledge and you'll get my drift. No one should have the aim of coming to the UK to overstay. It could be a suicide mission. At the end of its sojourn abroad, the dog will find its way home one way or the other. Let the dog gnaw.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Redman44(m): 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Justwise,

Don't give me a bad name, man. I'm not teaching peeps tricks concerning immigration. I'm just expressing my views here. Don't give me a bad name, okay I've told you. GO TO BED!!!
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by heryyy(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
justwise:

Good, now when your visa expires, overstay and follow all the tricks Redman44 has given u.

LOL i am on a 3yrs student visa and just spent 6months, before this year runs out i would have change my visa status with the arrangee wedding, I must say u are a greedy person who doesnt want anyone to progress, Please may i ask how u enter the UK in the first place ? where u born here or what ? If u were born here how did your parents got here can you ask them, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

Dodgy Asian friends? Who is honest these days? Is it the politicians who are milking the people dry? I'm laughing in Bangladeshi grin grin grin You need to hear stories coming out of the town halls across Britain. Let the Conservatives come in in a few months time and you'll know what being dodgy means. Come and see how Britons are longing to go and work in their Embassies all over the world. Check out the good life they live in Lagos with money they've gotten from visa applications. They've even hired Nigerian staff to make their work easier while they just stick in the visa in the passports. They don't pay tax as consular officials and they live like Kings and Queens in African nations.
@Justwise, every situation in life has roots in other situations. Broaden your knowledge and you'll get my drift. No one should have the aim of coming to the UK to overstay. It could be a suicide mission. At the end of its sojourn abroad, the dog will find its way home one way or the other. Let the dog gnaw.
Please give me a break, i don't need any lecture from u, the little i know about the system has kept me going for yrs now without getting in trouble or living in fear, and i have also seen pple who thinks that going through back door is the only way and many of them are back home now. If what u believe in works for u then good luck, mine is working for me and i can sleep with my 4eyes closed.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

I think you should stick to the issue at hand
"HOW BRIGHT OR BLEAK IS OVERSTAYING A VISTING VISA IN THE UK"

All these your talk about Asians having chats about buying the next house or shop at West end while their wives are in their bedroom or the life of luxury britons or any foreigner is living in naija is totally unrelated to the topic and those issues alone can start another thread for discourse.  undecided

If you think the poster has a great chance of hitting gold here in UK with an expired visa, then state here how he should go about it
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2010
heryyy:

LOL i am on a 3yrs student visa and just spent 6months, before this year runs out i would have change my visa status with the arrangee wedding, I must say u are a greedy person who doesnt want anyone to progress, Please may i ask how u enter the UK in the first place ? where u born here or what ? If u were born here how did your parents got here can you ask them, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Hahahaha. . . so so ur plan is to do arrangee b4 ur student visa expires right? May i advice u to get serious with ur studines here 1st cos arrangee is not for jokers like u. How i am greedy and doesn't want pple to progress? This will be my last reply to u on  this topic, u are in the system now, u will learn from experience and i wish u all the best.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
heryyy:

Oh ! so you have 3 years student visa (as you claim)
which means you can work 20hrs during school time and full hours during breaks, yet you are encouraging someone else to come to UK with a VISITING VISA (with no recourse to work and public funds clearly stated on it for any employer to see) and over stay ? ? ?

You must be a very wicked and heartless person !

Why cant you advice the poster to get a student visa like you did?

If really you have a student visa, you will know how hard it is to get a job right now how much more an individual with expired or fake papers  undecided

Hiss !
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by mrkoma2012: 10:44pm On Feb 23, 2010
though shall not overstay period
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Redman44(m): 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2010
My last post here:

I'm playing the devil's advocate. The poster should not come and overstay in the UK. However, anyone who is on this thread and has overstayed due to one reason or the other should not give up in their bid to get their papers. If you don't have papers to work, do some trading online [ E-bay, Alibaba ]. All you'll need is a relative or friend to help you out with a bank account you can link to paypal. Sniff around and you'll notice moneymaking opportunities. Above all, you've made a mistake by staying back, but don't hang yourself. God knows what you're going through. And he'll surprise you if you cry out to him. I'm outta here. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 10:48pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

My last post here:

I'm playing the devil's advocate. The poster should not come and overstay in the UK. However, anyone who is on this thread and has overstayed due to one reason or the other should not give up in their bid to get their papers. If you don't have papers to work, do some trading online [ E-bay, Alibaba ]. All you'll need is a relative or friend to help you out with a bank account you can link to paypal. Sniff around and you'll notice moneymaking opportunities. Above all, you've made a mistake by staying back, but don't hang yourself. God knows what you're going through. And he'll surprise you if you cry out to him. I'm outta here. Cheers.

cheesy smiley
Nice !
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by netotse(m): 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

My last post here:

i get what you've been saying all along, but u should know nigerians well enough to know that even the ppl that have not overstayed(yet) will intentionally misconstrue  wink whatever advice you try to give. . .fact is we have a bad name and being tough on ourselves just might be what is needed to make things better.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by VPG: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

My last post here:

Let's do this again, REDMAN U D BEST!!!!!!!!  cool cool
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by debosky(m): 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2010
If you overstay, your future is likely going to be BLEAK - don't let people fool you. Yes there will be exceptions, yes there will be 'lucky' people, but the majority end up doing menial jobs, hiding from immigration officials and often unable to even leave the country to visit their relatives in Nigeria.

If you want to base your life on exceptions, then go ahead thinking you will 'make it' where hundreds of thousands have otherwise failed. I'm sure most of them also came hoping to get a 'better life' but ended up regretting it or enduring untold hardship.

For someone who at least has some sort of business in Nigeria, selling off to go for an illegal future is a dangerous thing to do. . . I hope this is not the 'enemies' or village 'otumorkpo' pushing you. undecided

If you don't want to become the next Nigerian face on UK Border Force 2 then don't do it.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by agabaI23(m): 11:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
Suicide and depression! Hide and seek and insecurity. You will always be looking over your shoulders.

He has a job in naija, he will regret ever leaving that job.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by VPG: 11:25pm On Feb 23, 2010
funkybaby:

I think you should stick to the issue at hand
"HOW BRIGHT OR BLEAK IS OVERSTAYING A VISTING VISA IN THE UK"

All these your talk about Asians having chats about buying the next house or shop at West end while their wives are in their bedroom or the life of luxury britons or any foreigner is living in naija is totally unrelated to the topic and those issues alone can start another thread for discourse. undecided

If you think the poster has a great chance of hitting gold here in UK with an expired visa, then state here how he should go about it
Funky u are a sharp girl, I will give u dat. smiley
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by AndreUweh(m): 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
There is no big deal in overstaying. The dude should overstay, work and send all the money home. After a while, he can send home everything he had, then phone the immigration services that he is an overstayer. The immigration dept will deport him to Nigeria. This system will save flights and other expences money for him.
No shaking, I wish him all the best.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Phony200(m): 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

My last post here:

I read through all the posts and this should suffice for all the points and corners of the argument. You do well.

OP, I would like to believe there's more 10,348 reasons to stay back and so much more to still go to the UK. But then, irregardless if this thread gets to 149 pages, I think the person concerned already knows what to do when it's crunch time. Just think well and do the most long term solution.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by agabaI23(m): 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2010
Andre Uweh:

There is no big deal in overstaying. The dude should overstay, work and send all the money home. After a while, he can send home everything he had, then phone the immigration services that he is an overstayer. The immigration dept will deport him to Nigeria. This system will save flights and other expences money for him.
No shaking, I wish him all the best.
You dey mad! grin grin grin
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by AndreUweh(m): 11:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Agaba
I am not mad. It has worked out for some people. I know a chap who is doing so well in Port Harcourt now with all the money he made in the UK as an overstayer.
The silly UK govt even did him a favour by 'sending' him back to Nigeria free of charge.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by agabaI23(m): 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2010
Andre Uweh:

@Agaba
I am not mad. It has worked out for some people. I know a chap who is doing so well in Port Harcourt now with all the money he made in the UK as an overstayer.
The silly UK govt even did him a favour by 'sending' him back to Nigeria free of charge.
Na wa oo for guys. I hate the incovenience that goes with that such that if the last option to stay here is to stay without Visa, I would jump the next available flight.

Remember your friend was lucky there were no amebo Nigerians around who knew his status.

They would have easily handed him over angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Asks Cambodian Immigration To Send Him Home, Says He Has No Money / Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway / Pics : Ship On Fire In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.