Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? (39526 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Medical Practitioners In America / Italy And France Now Prescribing Hydroxychloroquine For Coronavirus / Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Snake As Their Symbol/logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by lulufaj(m): 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
goldedprince:
ITS ONLY IN NIGERIA . here in australia the doctors aint that stupid

I won't dignify your factory-fitted stupidity with an answer.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by wildchild02: 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
Lols

Check my signature to order your football jerseys
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by goldedprince: 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
lulufaj:

thunder wey dey vex fire your father and your generation
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Partnerbiz2: 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
Iamsammy:
make I give u with my number just to make ur work easy Abi? If itz legit, say ur mode of payment here
Please give people the benefit of the doubt.
It seems you have serious trust issues.
Make which work easy?

You sound green smug and unduly complacent.

If you have airtime and we agree on the price I will pay to your bank account.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Iamsammy(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

Please give people the benefit of the doubt.
It seems you have serious trust issues.
Make which work easy?

You sound green smug and unduly complacent.

If you have airtime and we agree on the price I will pay to your bank account.

tank u buh UV got d wrong client bro
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by AgentGoat: 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2017
sukkot:
after 18 hour shift i will like to see what your writing looks like
you pharmacist right?
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
I wonder what's wrong with pharmacist, you take a prescription to them and they ask you to bring a stamped doctors prescription, which time DAT rubbish start for naija.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Partnerbiz2: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
Iamsammy:
make I give u with my number just to make ur work easy Abi? If itz legit, say ur mode of payment here
This is the thread.

Airtime is used for biz too.

Stop being too judgemental bro.

https://www.nairaland.com/3734201/etisalat-mtn-1gb-650-2gb
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by pensilpyper(m): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
they use it so that the patients and those outside medical line don't understand but d pharmacist would always know what is written there
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Enare(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
It is a processional ethics. If you want to know try 7yrs course in becoming a medical doctor....gbam"
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by bigsmoke2(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2017
ExInferis:
Because they're lazy.
lol ode, its because we don't want px to know the drug so they don't self medicate, most pharmacist due to their conversance with drugso can read what is on the prescription.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by AgentGoat: 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
There are ones that have very good and legible hand writing. Few though. Most of them have that natural bad hand writing.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by mrtayesynchro(m): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
derespect:
Why is it that medical practitioners use crazy writing when prescribing drugs for patients. It always bothers me and funny enough, even quack nurses and doctors will read and understand it? But why?

Iwe ti finger brain won ni
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Deepsky(m): 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
They write that way so that no one will understand except their colleagues or pharmacists
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Max2017: 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
They write to hide the drugs name from patients but their counterparts, pharmacist can decode it.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by ExInferis(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
bigsmoke2:

lol ode, its because we don't want px to know the drug so they don't self medicate, most pharmacist due to their conversance with drugso can read what is on the prescription.

Dumbest fukk.

The real reason is to save time. It's a form of shorthand.

You donkey.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by drmuri(m): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dopeyomi:
In their final year there's one course called Professional Medical Handwritung MDH701

They are always fast infact you'll think its rubbish they're writing self..
that's a big lie bro
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Badgers14: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yyeske:
That's how we love to write

That's very unprofessional.. Try this in the U.S and the medical board would revoke your medical license.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Buffalo2(m): 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
Their brains work faster that their hands
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Aprokodoctor: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
TINALETC3:
grin I dnt no ooooo, am nt one of dem bt it's like dey hv dis mentality dat it wl make dia patients see dem as very intelligent and serious minded ppl
I mayb wrong tho cool

And you know this how?
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Aprokodoctor: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Badgers14:

That's very unprofessional.. Try this in the U.S and the medical board would revoke your medical license.
Wow! You're now licensing board?!
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Irenemmeso(f): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Baroba:

This is dangerous prescribing and very unprofessional.. P could stand for any other drug. You could get struck of if you try that in England.. No abbreviations..

Drs write fast because of there incredibly busy schedule, it becomes easier to understand / interpret if you work in that environment..
u are very correct, in our pharm112(intro 2 pharmacy) were told that using abbreviation while prescribing is wrong. There are many rules in prescribing but nigeria only adhere to 10% of it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Badgers14: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
bigsmoke2:

Thats a rubbish reason though..

That's a heavy violation of a patients right. A patient is within his or her right to know the name of the medication they are supposed to take.. It is their life not the doctor's.

True story, A Nigerian doctor in Arizona got his medical license revoked because of this rubbish. They warned him several times but he didn't listen, he thought he was practising in Nigeria. Here in Yankee, we don't tolerate bullshìt. angry
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Badgers14: 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Aprokodoctor:

Wow! You're now licensing board?!

Stop deflecting the topic on ground. If you are a doctor like you seem to claim, desist from that practice, write legible so everyone would understand what the heck you are putting on paper.

Recall, patients right: patients are within their right to know the medication they were prescribed.

Also what makes you think that all pharmacists will understand that rubbish angry

Well, that unprofessional nonsense can happen only in Nigeria.. Here's a true story, go look it up. A Nigerian doctor in Arizona got his medical license revoked because of this reason.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by eyekaynoble: 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
rawpadgin:
I think they don't want u to understand the drugs they prescribed to avoid self medication next time u are sick
Self medication? ...but the patient will later know the drugs nah. A naija patient will not bother going to any doctor the next time he experienced d same ailment ( na self medication straight )
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Badgers14: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
lulufaj:

The commenter was within his/her right to offer there opinion. Stop flaunting your single figure IQ in a bid to sound intelligent.

Doctors should have a legible handwriting. In the western world that is the way it is done. In the U.S, at your request the doctor can even type it and print it out for you.

Patients right: patients have the absolute right to knkw what medication is about to go in their body. It is there life and not the doctor's.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by ShakurMY(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
To avoid self medication

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
Let me uncode it for you tongue......the why is a long story. Three different Profs told me three different reasons. All valid but depends on the scenario presented. Some reasons can be stupid some false.

Then there's one's writing which could also be worse than the alphabets self......you'll die trying to read.

I have seen Dr's with nice handwritings though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Lillpo(m): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
Seriously!! I have been trying to ask this question since time memorial
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Dopeyomi(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
drmuri:

that's a big lie bro

Its true oga..
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Jman06(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
I wonder what's wrong with pharmacist, you take a prescription to them and they ask you to bring a stamped doctors prescription, which time DAT rubbish start for naija.
Depends on the type of drug you wanted to buy. If the drug is a controlled drug e.g diazepam and the likes that are used to commit crime,the pharmacist will insist on a stamped doctor's prescription in order to save his assz in the event where the drug caused the death of the patient or is used to commit crime such as rape, murder etc. Remember Cynthia Osokogu, the facebook girl that was drugged and raped to death by some guys, the pharmacist that dispensed the drug is still in prison.

So, the pharmacists are always careful so that when such cases arise, the doctors will be held instead.
Re: Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? by Iamsammy(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

This is the thread.

Airtime is used for biz too.

Stop being too judgemental bro.

https://www.nairaland.com/3734201/etisalat-mtn-1gb-650-2gb
bros na by force? I say ah nor dey do oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hidden Causes Of Kidney Failure / My Friend's Sister's Hand Has Strange Bacteria Infection (Photos) / Detox Foods You Should Start Eating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.