Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,325 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions (22855 Views)

Markus Ishaku Basiran Replaces Yomi Shogunle As Police Head Of Complaint Unit / Nigerians React To Yomi Shogunle Transfer To Nkalagu, Ebonyi State / Kogi Prosecution: Saraki Scolds Dino Melaye: "Behave Like An Elder" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by gadpeter(m): 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2017
buygala:
OK....

Ancestor Yomi smiley

Congrats... You are now the Ancestor-General of Police Worldwide undecided

Let me call Ancestor-ACP for u

Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by matotoide(m): 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
KingLennon:
Dear Yomi sounds so casual. In secondary school we were taught when writing formal letters or addressing a superior person, we use Sir, not Dear...
As in, Sir Yomi?
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by natznext(m): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ijaya123:

That's why we are Africans. Mutual respect is ingrained in us.

Mutual respect, the 'kid' is 25yrs old, average age of most of the military dictators when they took over
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by SHMSUDDEEN(m): 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2017
Abayomi Shogunle Na me Shamsuddeen dey call ur name abi.

One of your problem you negroid
Hmmmm.
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by dehi: 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
wealthytown: Kids remix Soldier by Falz using 1st 30 elements of periodic table : http://wealthytown..com/2017/08/kids-remix-soldier-by-falz-using-1st-30.html
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by kendraloops(f): 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
I remember my dad giving me a good slap when his sister came visiting and I said "daddy, iya ibeji is around o"

he slap me ask whether the ibejis na my mate. I was very surprised, wondering what I was supposed to call her. "mummy awon boda ibeji"

1 Like

Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by Ijaya123: 4:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
natznext:

Mutual respect, the 'kid' is 25yrs old, average age of most of the military dictators when they took over

How does this relate to the issue?
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by nextstep(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Africans and love for unnecessary respect is the height of stupidity.

Very soon he will want to be addressed as not just his name and regalia but additional names to suit his ancestors will be needed.

Right... in the West, try this:

Instead of "President Trump", say, "Yo Donald"
Instead of "The Most Reverend", say, "Dear Justin"
Instead of "Mr Mayor", try "Dear Sadiq"

and see if they would even respond to you. Oyinbos like to pretend they are all equal but they have their own pecking order, and prefer to be addressed as such. It's not an African thing. Addressing somebody by their first name implies a familiarity that is just not there.

Those of you complaining, can you accept a small 4-year old calling you just Tope or Wale, without adding Sister or Brother?
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by Sensations007(m): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Twitter has the highest numbers of uncourteous and uneducated people who pretend to be civilized. Most of them are my country men... Nigerians
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by natznext(m): 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ijaya123:

How does this relate to the issue?

If he thinks a 25yr old can't address him by his first name bec he's an ancestor, when will the 'kid' be old enough to address him by his first name, or even be old enough to hold positions?
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by Eluwilussit(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The police is truly your friend.
There's no hope for the Nigerian Police Force of such a high-ranking official can be this unprofessional, uncouth, petty and ill-mannered.

Our Nigerian Police should be scrapped, all the policemen killed and a new police force constituted.

The other day while at Connaught Square, Westminster, I met Tony Blair. I said "good morning Tony' and there was no biggie to it.

When will we get there?

Sorry. We will never get there. I ran into the then premier of Ontario, Mcquinty in a liquor store in TO.His driver waited for him in his car while his aide went in with him. Guess what? After they are done, Dalton Mcquinty carried his purchases himself. His aide only helped him to open the door and his vehicle booth.

Can the above scenario happen in Nigeria? We are too vain. Very uncivilized. No wonder Hitler wanted to melt us for shoe polish. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by Priceless200(f): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
This is wrong to me, I have serious problem with the 'dear' in that salutation. Especially addressing an older un related person.

What happened to 'hello Yomi' 'Hello Mr. Yomi' 'Good day Yomi' or just Yomi. Those are official/professional at the same time respectful and not in any way endearing or famzing...
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by maasoap(m): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
Richy4:

grin That's one thing i like about oyibo..call him sir, he will be very embarrassed..And politely ask u to address him by his first name
It is about culture. Yomi is a Yoruba name, may be he's a Yoruba man going by the name. You should understand now. Even Hausa man wouldn't mind. It has to do with individual culture.
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by FOWOSHERE01(m): 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2017
Warris all this
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by tshege(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
KingLennon:
Dear Yomi sounds so casual. In secondary school we were taught when writing formal letters or addressing a superior person, we use Sir, not Dear...

Dear Sir Olodo,

I regret to inform you that your letter do not have to start with sir anymore, especially in an electronic medium.
Yours sincerely,
Tshege.
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by NovusHomo(m): 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
Oga "Ota'ba YOMI, Olorun ni o je", you don change name ni? Chill, my man grin
Re: Abayomi Shogunle Scolds Man For Calling His Name. See Reactions by stevedre: 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
wolesmile:
That was how when i was in secondary school, I addressed a woman, "Mummy Segun."
She went "You are not respectful. Is Segun your mate? Can't you call me Mummy Boda Segun?"
I was like 'What!!'
And we want to be like oyibos!

lolzzz, most Yorubas love respect like heaven. One of my dads friend once sent me on an errand when i was a lil kid..... Good afternoon ma, your husband said you should give me the file on the table. The woman almost pulled down hell going crazy and telling me my life history, what?? is he ur mate, small boy like you, such a disrespectful child, why didn't you say daddy, how dare you, is this how your parents brought you up, what is wrong with you, ori e okpe ( ur head is not correct/intact )... come on take and get out... Damn, i was so shocked i was walking slowly and shivering like I just saw a Ghost and the worse part was that when I got home my dad asked me what took me so long but I could not explain because I was like, where did I go wrong. Now I know better but will never let my kids call another man daddy and I always chose my words wisely when am around any kid no matter how young.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers / Reno Omokri To FFK: I will very much hate to be your Friend and brother / Journalists Barred As APC Screens Tinubu, Amaechi, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.