Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

How Colonial Powers Empowered The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Colonial Powers Empowered The North (6358 Views)

How Buhari Has Empowered The Fulani To Humiliate Olu Falae / Gov. T. A. Orji Only Empowered The L.G.A Chairmen And Councilors. / How The Colonial Masters Empowered The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 7:39pm On Feb 14, 2010
Igbo universities are 95% igbo populated. Yoruba universities are 50% Igbo populated. Somebody help do the math.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by asha80(m): 7:39pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

The number of your men selling Spare Parts/Aba-made DVDs is a strong indicator.
I am willing to bet there are 10 times more Professors in Ekiti State than the entire Ibo nation.

the truth will set u free

Oni, Afe Babalola, Ogunlade, others diagnose Ekiti
Politics Feb 13, 2010 By Wale AKinola

In the 1950s and 1960s, the main agenda of the Ekiti people was education.
So high was education on the priority list of  Ekiti, then in the Western  Region, that virtually every household had a professor.

But, with time, the situation changed. The Ekiti people no longer paid attention to education.
So bad was the situation in the immediate past that the people now in their own state (Ekiti) were ranked very low in public examinations. Not quite long ago, the state was said to be among the last eight in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). The situation was frightening.

The state slogan, Fountain of Knowledge, was becoming an anathema.
But the man at the helm of affairs in the state, Governor Segun Oni, determined to reverse the situation, said the fortunes of education in the state were returning, thanks to the pragmatic policies of his administration.

Oni linked the downturn in education in the state to the peoples poor economic status.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/13/oni-afe-babalola-ogunlade-others-diagnose-ekiti/
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by EzeUche(m): 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2010
This Sauron character is a very interesting character. His fellow Yorubas are lazy and he has the audacity to talk about the Ndi Igbo.

The Igbo are the most educated and business savvy group in the entire federation.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Sauron1: 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2010
mekusxxx:

Igbo universities are 95% igbo populated. Yoruba universities are 50% Igbo populated. Somebody help do the math.

That is because majority of the Yorubas now attend foreign Universities because of the state of Education in Nigeria.
Come to the top UK Universities here and see Yoruba kids everywhere making hay while the sun shines.
JAMB's stats can never tell us the real truth about the region with the highest literacy level in Nigeria.

What a doofus!!!

EzeUche:

This Sauron character is a very interesting character. His fellow Yorubas are lazy and he has the audacity to talk about the Ndi Igbo.
The Igbo are the most educated and business savvy group in the entire federation.

Selling 2nd-hand shoes in Tejuosho market is NOT education.

@ Asha80,

You are a dolt!!
The article said every household in Ekiti had a Professor.
So what happened to all of those Professors? They all died in the Biafran Civil war?
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by oderemo(m): 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2010
How many of you, Yoruba are driving taxis, selling mama put, working as motor park touts, are almajiris and complete lay-abouts?

now you are making a mockery of yourself on the  net. i take u seriously b4.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Afam(m): 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

JAMB? So JAMB is the criteria to prove the illiteracy in the East?
You are a disgrace to your community.

Of course, those urchins selling Automobile Spare Parts in Lagos are Law graduates. grin grin grin

JAMB is an independent body. Do you expect me to ask people like you who lie about everything? This is about statistics and you don't get them from the streets.

You would be surprised to know that some of those people who sell these spare parts are actually graduates. Even okada riders thanks to the type of Nigeria you want where excellence is usually sacrificed at the altar of mediocrity.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by EzeUche(m): 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

That is because majority of the Yorubas now attend foreign Universities because of the state of Education in Nigeria.
Come to the top UK Universities here and see Yoruba kids everywhere making hay while the sun shines.
JAMB's stats can never tell us the real truth about the region with the highest literacy level in Nigeria.

What a doofus!!!

@ Asha80,

You are a dolt!!
So what happened to all of those Professors? They all died in the Biafran Civil war?

And in the United States, universities are populated by Igbo students. So what are you trying to say fool?
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

What a doofus!!!

@ Asha80,

You are a dolt!!

Which foreign unis are dominated by Yoruba? The ones some of us attended? How mny Nigerians are studying abroad compared to those at home? Bloody loser.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Sauron1: 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2010
Afam:

JAMB is an independent body. Do you expect me to ask people like you who lie about everything? This is about statistics and you don't get them from the streets.

You are not an intelligent fellow.
How many Professors do you have in the Ibo nation?
Surely, that shouldn't be an ambiguous task for a bumbling vermin like you.

You would be surprised to know that some of those people who sell these spare parts are actually graduates. Even okada riders thanks to the type of Nigeria you want where excellence is usually sacrificed at the altar of mediocrity.

All those Ibo teenagers selling Gala/Lagos Bread on the highway are Uni graduates? grin grin grin grin
Afam, have you traded your IQ with a plate of porridge? cheesy

EzeUche:

And in the United States, universities are populated by Igbo students. So what are you trying to say fool?

Igbo students?  grin grin grin grin grin
Nah, your boys are into drugs not in the Uni.

mekusxxx:

Which foreign unis are dominated by Yoruba? The ones some of us attended? How mny Nigerians are studying abroad compared to those at home? Bloody loser.

See this IMSU graduate claiming to be a foreign Univeristy graduate?
You of all billy-goats i have come across? Must you lie to sound relevant?
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Shoot2Kill: 7:49pm On Feb 14, 2010
I have always said it that Nigerians are the most unintelligent educated people on the planet .Mekuxzyz everyday on this forum you keep proving to us that your PHD is an imaginary one. You have never behaved like some who is well educated. You are not a decent person and that is putting it mildly. Your comments and posture on this forum is that of a vengeful street kid who wants to divide people with words of hatred. I really don’t know what you gain, you may think your words are harmless but what you do is pit Nigerians against each all in an effort to satisfy your perverted obsession with Yorubas. I weep for you and your cohorts.

As for the rest of you IGBOS on Nairaland who constantly debate the issue of the civil war, you are a shame to Nigerians and mostly a shame to IGBOS. Why do you guys ridicule the memories of those people that died during the war with your hateful banter? Do you think that by accusing the Yoruba tribe the dead igbos will resurrect?

You know what? I know better. All my life growing up in Ikeja 48% of my friends were IGBOS and we never once discussed the issue of the civil war, we grew up together loving each other and respecting each other as fellow Nigerians. Even here in South Africa i have a few IGBO friends and we hang together at the best joints in the city. My friends are not obsessed like you guys. That does not mean they are not passionate about their tribe or their country. But rather than dwell on the past they look to the future.

If you look at this forum at no point in time has a Yoruba person started a thread to praise AWO but you IGBOS have opened several threads to praise OJUKWU. You are seriously lame and you leave a bad taste in my mouth. Even South Africans are more intelligent than Nigerians. Upon all the whites have done to the blacks in this country ,they are friends today .They agreed to forgive and forget and today both races are working together to make the country a better place.

Do you know why Nigeria is the way it is today? It is because as a people we are selfish and self absorbed. We only want to care  about our tribe and our family. We don’t put our country first we always put our tribe and our family first while our country comes last on our agenda. This attitude of selfishness is why our politics is messed up because every politicians wants to line is pocket with stolen riches. The Hausa politicians are too selfish to release power to any other tribe. It is all about selfishness. So when you guys have children are you going to tell your kids to beware of Yorubas. I have two sons already, how will it look if i tell my sons to beware of IGBOS.

I think you guys should sit down and read my comment carefully and understand the points I am making here. I am a 30 years old Nigerian ,i was not born during the war. Those people who fought in that war are old people now, should their kids now be attacked because of their father’s sin? There are young people who come to Nairaland to have a good time, do you realize that your comments might create hatred amongst the younger generations. Many of you here live overseas please don’t brain wash our younger generation with your poison.

Personally I don’t give a hoot about AWO even though my father was close to him. My Grandmother hid many IGBOS on her farm in Ondo state during the civil war and i know many of my relatives who hid their IGBOS friends on their farms and back rooms during the civil war, so before you start insulting Yorubas go back to your elders and ask them to tell you about the Yoruba civilians who risked their lives to save their IGBO friends.

I am part of a new breed of Nigerians who think out of the box. I don’t have time to be telling war stories or hating on other tribes. Mekuxyz I am surprised that a small boy like you can be such a tribalist. It is not cool men, tribalism is something practised by ignorant people not people who claim to be PHD holders.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 7:49pm On Feb 14, 2010
Igbo students top in mainland Europe and the US. Yoruba mainly congregate in the UK
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by EzeUche(m): 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2010
Shoot2Kill you are a fool. Your post just oozes of ignorance, that is not even worthy of a dignified response.

Awo was a barrister and he was a tribalist.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

You are not an intelligent fellow.
How many Professors do you have in the Ibo nation?
Surely, that shouldn't be an ambiguous task for a bumbling vermin like you.

All those Ibo teenagers selling Gala/Lagos Bread on the highway are graduates? grin grin grin grin
Afam, have you traded your IQ with a plate of porridge? cheesy

Igbo students? grin grin grin grin grin
Nah, your boys are into drugs not in the Uni.

See this IMSU graduate claiming to be a foreign Univeristy graduate?
You of all billy-goats i have come across? Must you lie to sound relevant?
How many of you, Yoruba are driving taxis, selling mama put, working as motor park touts, are almajiris and complete lay-abouts?
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Sauron1: 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2010
mekusxxx:

Hehehehehe. . . . . .
Do you know how many Nkirus, Nnekas, Nkechis in the Prostitution posse in Italy?
The Ibo nation is doomed. Ojukwu sold you guys for 12 pieces of Silver. grin
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2010
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2010
Emerging trend of social almajiri in Yorubaland
By Hakeem Jamiu

There is a social malaise which is gradually creeping into the lexicon of Yorubaland and this is the ugly spectre of hungry children begging for food and alms at social events. Older women are equally not left out in this ugly but strange practice in Yorubaland. It is strange in Yorubaland because the concept of almajiri which simply means street urchin is common in the Northern part of the country. Yorubas use to refer derisively to anybody soliciting for arms in Yorubaland in the olden days as almajiri. The almajiri of the North are usually children between the age bracket of 7 and 20 in most cases. Almajiris are so desperate for food that any unsuspecting visitor to the Northern part of the country who goes to a restaurant to eat but mistakenly left his food to wash his hands is likely to lose such to waiting almajiris before he comes back for the food.

advertisement

I first noticed this ugly trend at a ceremony I attended a few months ago at Ayetoro Ekiti. Elderly and middle aged able bodied women from Kwara, Osun and Oyo states invaded the burial ceremony uninvited and were embarrassing guests who refused to give them money. Also noticeable were children with their begging bowls who thronged the venue of the ceremony soliciting for left over food and alms. The children were a pitiable sight. Poverty was clearly written on their faces. I have attended many social functions after that and the same trend was noticeable. But I became worried a few days ago, when I attended the burial ceremony of a friend's father in Ilesha , Osun State . They came in various groups and employ different methods in soliciting for alms. There were the elderly women who were busy harassing guests in the name of praise singing and would not leave until you part with money, there were the men with their public address system which they use in praise singing but which is disturbance and yet, there were Yoruba children in the mould of almajiris with their begging bowls scrambling for left-over and at the same time soliciting for alms.

Fellow guests on my table at the event who were also journalists expressed their concern in unison about the growing trend of almajiri of various categories in Yorubaland. They all agreed that it has become a social problem. We started discussing and realised that the culture of begging in the mould of almajiris is alien to Yoruba culture. In those days before the advent of the British, the Yorubas are a proud people known for their hard work and industry. They practiced hoe agriculture and were well known as traders and for their crafts. Yoruba artists have produced masterpieces of woodcarving and bronze casting, some of which date from as early as the 13th century. Many of Nigeria 's best-known artists and writers are Yoruba. Other occupation of the Yorubas at that time were drumming and masquerading which would now be called showbiz. They engage in all the foregoing occupation but a Yoruba man or woman (able bodied) would not beg for alms as it is considered shameful and something akin to a curse. The Yorubas cherish their oriki (folklore) which is a poetic version of eulogizing the exploits of their progenitors which is an incentive for them to excel and even surpass their progenitors. The Yorubas have harsh words for lazy people. Such people are objects of ridicule and butt of jokes in the society. With this background, it is understandable why we became worried with the array of beggars at the Ilesha ceremony.

After leaving the party, I reflected on the scenario of the almajiris in Ilesha and I was able to draw a relationship between Political almajiris and social almajiris. I discovered that social almajiri had its root in the advent of the politics of do -or-die introduced into the political lexicon of Yorubaland by apostles of mainstream politics especially ex-President Obasanjo. The grand Patron of political almajiris who recently passed away was Chief Lamidi Adedibu. Many have argued that his dath has led to the profilration of almajiris in Yorubaland. This is because those he hitherto dole handouts to must look for other means of survival since he is no more. These political almajiris are ready to exchange their mothers for few coins. A new political class of men without integrity and anything goes was created and they became political almajiris who survive on crumbs from their masters. They would rig, kill, maim and do all sort of things to acquire political power. With the ascension of these men in power, good governance became a thing of the past. Our collective patrimony was squandered by these political almajiris. Nigeria has never been so blessed with petro dollar with oil selling for $156 dollars per barrel but Nigeria has never been so poor with a chunk of the population living below poverty line. So versions of the political almajiris are the social almajiris that now invade ceremonies in Yorubaland. With these children begging for alms, a ready made market for thuggery and other social vices is assured. The activities of the beggars are not limited to parties. At bus stops in our cities, it is a common sight to see women most of who are still in their mid thirties, who would strap a baby at their backs and approach men with stories of despair to solicit for alms. Many of them would end up in bed with such men. This is another brand of alamajiri and these are Yoruba women. A violent version of almajiri but which is gradually being tackled in Lagos is the 'Area Boys' syndrome. These are Yoruba street urchins who are semi- armed robbers.

The underlying factor in this new trend is failure of the Nigerian State on one part and the laziness on the part of these women. Most of them don't want to work, In those days, when everybody's occupation was farming you dare not beg. You must find something to do. But these days, our women and children are too lazy. It is either they steal or beg. In most cases a mother and child become almajiris at social events. So the question now is can a Yoruba man now refer derisively to a Hausa beggar as almajiri when we have many of them now in Yorubaland? The answer is no! This trend must be arrested before it goes out of hand. The almajiris in the North these days engage in novel forms of drug abuse like sniffing of gutter water to get intoxicated, sniffing of adhesives and other drugs so that they are ever ready to unleash terror on the rest of the society whenever they are called upon to do so by the political wing of almajiris. I strongly recommend that guests at public functions must stop encouraging almajiris by giving them money.

But can government which itself owns the political wing of almajiris arrest this trend? Time will tell.
http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jul/9/221.html
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by EzeUche(m): 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Hehehehehe. . . . . .
Do you know how many Nkirus, Nnekas, Nkechis in the Prostitution posse in Italy?
The Ibo nation is doomed. Ojukwu sold you guys for 12 pieces of Silver. grin

WRONG!!! Most of the girls in prostitution in Italy are from Edo State. This is a KNOWN fact. Do not spread such lies!
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Shoot2Kill: 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2010
EzeUche:

Shoot2Kill you are a fool. Your post just oozes of ignorance, that is not even worthy of a dignified response.

Awo was a barrister and he was a tribalist.

So how does that relate to my comment A goat can own a computer but it does not mean that he has sense!
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2010
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Afam(m): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

As for the rest of you IGBOS on Nairaland who constantly debate the issue of the civil war, you are a shame to Nigerians and mostly a shame to IGBOS. Why do you guys ridicule the memories of those people that died during the war with your hateful banter? Do you think that by accusing the Yoruba tribe the dead igbos will resurrect?

When educated people begin to generalize the way you do I get worried. What's with accusing the Yoruba tribe? I live and work in Lagos and I understand the Yoruba language and have a lot of Yoruba friends and even Muslim friends so I can assure you that I don't play the dirty tribal game some of you play here.

I am a proud Igbo man and will always expose or correct lies being told about the Igbos by anyone from any tribe. I have never insulted any tribe and will not do so because I am not that stupid.

Easy with the generalization or you end up being hypocritical in your analysis.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by reporter1: 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2010
Ibos and their delusion.

"These people feel so inferior about themselves that they rejected themselves and identified with others, those they imagine are superior persons, Jews, and want you to collude with their obvious paranoia and tell them that they are Jews (read, tell them that they are superior persons, as they imagine Jews are) and if you do not they feel mad at you.
     We have to explore why these people are doing what they are doing, for it is no longer a laughing matter. They generally run around fancying themselves superior to their Nigerian neighbors. They seize on flimsy evidence to justify their delusion of superiority. They would tell you that Hausas do not qualify to directly enter Nigerian universities (what it takes to qualify to enter Nigerian universities would not qualify you to enter good universities elsewhere, so qualification is always relative). They glibly tell you that Hausas enter universities on quota grounds. You ask them to provide you with evidence for their claims. Providing evidence for their delusional claims is not one of their strong points. Clearly, Hausas are as qualified as any other Nigerians to attend Nigeria’s universities.
      There is no shred of evidence that the Igbos are superior to any other Nigerian tribe (their average scores on standard IQ tests, such as Stanford-Binnet and WAIS/WISC, are the same as those of other Nigerians; they perform at the same levels on SAT, GRE and other college entrance examinations as other Nigerians). Their feeling of superiority is imaginary, is based on their rejection of their real selves and identification with fantasy ideal selves"  

Culled from Ozodi Thomas Osuji Ph.D  EXPLORING IGBOS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Sauron1: 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2010
EzeUche:

WRONG!!! Most of the girls in prostitution in Italy are from Edo State. This is a KNOWN fact. Do not spread such lies!

That's the lie you are being told
Only 20% of em are from Edo. . . . .Majority are from the East grin

mekusxxx:

Sauron, read

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371485.0.html

Blame the mass migration of your people from the East to the South West.
Your people brought poverty, diseases, strife and hunger to the SW thus the upping of the poverty level.
Jeeeez. . . . .Your people even brought Clifford Orji to Lagos. grin
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by EzeUche(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2010
reporter?

I see you are using an Osu to back up your statement. This man hates his own people, because of how he was treated as an Osu when he was growing up in Igboland.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2010
How many Yoruba lay-abouts attack Igbo traders at Alaba every day? Are those lay-abouts university of ogbomosho graduates too?
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2010
In Germany, Holland and Belgium, 60 percent of nig prosts. are Edo, the rest are Yoruba.
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by EzeUche(m): 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

That's the lie you are being told
Only 20% of em are from Edo. . . . .Majority are from the East grin

Blame the mass migration of your people from the East to the South West.
Your people brought poverty, diseases, strife and hunger to the SW thus the upping of the poverty level.
Jeeeez. . . . .Your people even brought Clifford Orji to Lagos. grin

Sauron you are a big liar.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/62/231.html

I can back up my statement with proof and statistics. Most Nigerian prostitutes in Italy are from Edo State. Now shut your mouth.

http://www.womensenews.org/story/prostitution-and-trafficking/020815/italys-sex-trade-pulls-teens-pushed-poverty
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2010
Sauron is defeated with FACTS. Bloody lying loser
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Sauron1: 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2010
EzeUche:

Sauron you are a big liar.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/62/231.html
I can back up my statement with proof and statistics. Most Nigerian love-peddlers in Italy are from Edo State. Now shut your mouth.
http://www.womensenews.org/story/prostitution-and-trafficking/020815/italys-intimacy-trade-pulls-teens-pushed-poverty

Hehehehehe.
The Ibo whores have been tutored to mention Edo State as their state of origin.
Your statistics are flawed.

mekusxxx:

How many Yoruba lay-abouts attack Igbo traders at AlB ever day? Are those lay-abouts university of ogbomosho graduates too?

U will find more Ibos in Lagos than the number of Yorubas you will find in the East.
Lagos is the heaven of the Ibos(where quick money can be made)!!!
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

U will find more Ibos in Lagos than the number of Yorubas you will find in the East.
Lagos is the heaven of the Ibos(where quick money can be made)!!!

Does that explain why Yoruba ''graduate'' touts attack and extort Igbo traders in Alaba every single day?
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2010
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by mekusxxx: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2010
90% of Yoruba in PH and Owerri are taxi drivers
Re: How Colonial Powers Empowered The North by Sauron1: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2010
mekusxxx:

Does that explain why Yoruba ''graduate'' touts attack and extort Igbo traders in Alaba every single day?

Maybe it explains why Ibo armed robbers are terrorising the law-abiding Citizens in Lagos.

STATISTICS OF REGISTERED P[i]R[/i]OSTITUTES

FULL picture of organized prostitution in Lagos State emerged weekend, as a study showed that there are 2,567 duly registered commercial se[i]x[/i] workers in various brothels across the state.

The revelation, incidentally, came at a time the police stepped up a blitz of raids on the brothels, accusing the resident whores of harbouring criminals.

In an ironic twist, the report listed policemen, commercial drivers and youngsters, as top patrons of brothels.
Co-incidentally, an amalgam of non-governmental organizations under the aegis of Awareness International, also last week beamed its searchlight on the prostitution trade in Lagos, with a view to ascertaining the prevalence rate of the HIV/AIDS pandemic.

According to Hon. Azeez Aladeyelu, Programme Coordinator of Health Awareness and Gender Advocacy Initiative, a principal group in the research work, only Kebbi State has no representative among Lagos commercial se[i]x[/i] workers.
Edo State leads the chart of the love-peddlers with 300 indigenes, [b]followed by Ebonyi State, which has 200 [/b]and Cross River State, 187.

Other States with resident pros[i]t[/i]itutes reading from a hundred are Abia, 168; Imo, 154; Delta, 152; Akwa Ibom, 145; Bayelsa; 128, Enugu, 124; Anambra, 108 and Osun, 100.
In the survey, Ondo and Oyo have 90 indigenes apiece; Rivers, 83; Ogun, 72; Ekiti, 60; Lagos and Kogi, 48 apiece; Kwara and Benue, 45 apiece; Adamawa 32 and Kano, 30.
Others are: Katsina, 24; Kaduna, 23; Niger and Sokoto, 20 apiece; Plateau 18; Bauchi 14; Taraba, 8; Abuja 7; Jigawa 6; Borno, Gombe, Nasarawa, and Yobe, 4 apiece and Zamfara, 2.

Aladeyelu, who noted that there are 93 major brothels in Lagos, commended resident love-peddlers for "insisting on using condom and in the process helping to prevent the spread of the AIDS disease".
He lampooned the street whores or those he called "serial date-lovers" as they often engage in intimacy without protection.

He said government could only reduce prostitution by providing more jobs for the country’s budgeoning youth population, as many took to the trade to eke out a living.
Saidhe: "We were able to discover that most of them (love-peddlers) were actually not interested in the job. They don’t even want their family members and friends to know that they are doing that kind of job.
"They are into this job because of poverty, lack of parental care, inability to go to school or inability to get selves engaged in a vocational training".

Penultimate week, about 200 love-peddlers were arrested and some prosecuted in serial police invasion of the brothels, in search of hedonistic criminals.

I hope you now know there are more Ibo whores in Nigeria than Edo whores. grin
Put all the Ibo States together and compare to Edo State and you will see your girls are hell-certified whores grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo / Mbaka Is A Useless Piece Of Shit, Gov.ihedioha Face Your Work - Charly Boy / Beware Of This Guy, He's A Fraudster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.