Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,543 members, 7,854,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project (10552 Views)

COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund / Ganduje & Dangote Inspect Kano Skill Acquisition Centre (Pics) / Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:
Has anyone noticed that Dangote, Africa's richest industrialist, does not have a single tuck shop in the East? Can anyone mention one single international multinational organisation with headquarters in the east? Small time now dem go say dem be self-made people...fact is, they are not hospitable, simple. Even southeasterners would rather invest outside the region than back home; this should be food for thought for the east, instead of their senseless and selfish Biafra....I dey wait for Nairaland demons to come oppress me.
The idiots are always complaining of marginalization. Have you noticed igbo-owned companies employ their tribesmen most?

6 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by matrixme(m): 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:

I schooled and lived in the East...I speak from experience. Your hatred for Yorubas and other Nigerians make me wonder why you would not just stay in your region. Let's even start from there, stay in Onitsha and don't convert Sabon Gari in Kano to no man's land or Lagos to no man's land. Igbos buy land and build uninhibited in remote villages of the Southwest and North, but show me one Hausa man with land in Amawbia...you think they don't have the money? No! They don't feel welcomed...hard truth!
you're very right. Igbo people are very intolerant to outsiders. As a professional working previously in the east, I was really ganged up against till I relocated to the north where I feel more at home. I hope they are granted their country soon enough so we can send them all packing.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Bacon21(m): 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by obailala(m): 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
mrvitalis:

We make money mostly from trading and mot manufacturing so we move out to find buyers

If you can compete come to the east

Harbal medicine in the east is run by Yorubas
Hausas run yam and meat business

So what's your point ?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by obailala(m): 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
SandraJane:
Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje-led Kano state government, Dangote Group of Companies and Black Rhino Group on Thursday in Kano signed a $150 million Memorandum of Understanding on Solar Power project.

The project is expected to generate 100 megawatts of electricity for supply to industries and people of the state.

Speaking shortly after signing the MoU, the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Usman Alhaji, said solar power was what is in vogue for now all over the world.

”We need energy to make progress and development anywhere in the world, so we believe this is a right step in the right direction,” he said.

He said the State Government was very keen on the project as it would improve the living condition of the people of the state.

In his remarks, the Group Executive Director of Dangote Group, Alhaji Mansur Ahmed, said the project was meant to improve the economy of Kano as a great Interpol and centre of commerce in the sub-Saharan region.

“The project, to be jointly financed by Dangote Industries Limited and the Black Rhino Group, is expected to provide state of the art renewable energy plant.

“It will convert the abundant energy of the sun into high quality clean Electricity,” he said.

NAN

Source : http://www.viviangist.com.ng/governor-ganduje-dangote-sign-150m-solar-power-project

Cc; lalasticlala
$150million for a 100mw solar farm sounds very interesting; but I trust Dangote to pull this off. The question which then bugs my mind is, how come Dangote always finds a cheaper way to achieve these little things which seem impossible for government?

$0.15billion ==> 100mw
$1.5billion ==> 1000mw
$15billion ==> 10,000mw

Solar plants have an insignificant operating cost when compared to other power sources; no gas costs, no gas constraints, no moving parts (= less maintenance) etc.

OBJ spent $16billion, GEJ $8.5billion and Buhari has already spent almost $3billion on power, that's almost clocking $30billion yet we struggle with 3000mw for the whole nation. Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?... When do we just shut the country down and give it to Dangote?
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by malcom2x(m): 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Best developmental news I've heard so far.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Marotzke(m): 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:

I schooled and lived in the East...I speak from experience. Your hatred for Yorubas and other Nigerians make me wonder why you would not just stay in your region. Let's even start from there, stay in Onitsha and don't convert Sabon Gari in Kano to no man's land or Lagos to no man's land. Igbos buy land and build uninhibited in remote villages of the Southwest and North, but show me one Hausa man with land in Amawbia...you think they don't have the money? No! They don't feel welcomed...hard truth!
No Hausa man will buy a land in Amawbia for the same price it is being sold in Asokoro.
Land is overpriced in the east due to the average Igboman's sentimental attachment to land.
The Hausa not having lands in the east is plain economics,nothing to do with any deliberate policy.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by TheAngry1: 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
Marotzke:
No Hausa man will buy a land in Amawbia for the same price it is being sold in Asokoro.
Land is overpriced in the east due to the average Igboman's sentimental attachment to land.
The Hausa not having lands in the east is plain economics,nothing to do with any deliberate policy.

Are you now saying land cost more in Amawbia than Asokoro?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by dododawa1: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
why DANGOTE,again
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by freshest4live: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
dododawa1:
why DANGOTE,again
Why do many feel insecure with Dangote? I don't think he's stopping any one from doing these things.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Marotzke(m): 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:

Are you now saying land cost more in Amawbia than Asokoro?
key word is overpriced.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Desyner: 12:40am On Aug 12, 2017
The structure of our power system favours the north far more. I am pretty sure when this power project is ready the bulk of the generated output will service the residents of Kano state unlike the southern state that are force to generate their and pump directly into the national grid.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Desyner: 12:43am On Aug 12, 2017
obailala:
$150million for a 100mw solar farm sounds very interesting; but I trust Dangote to pull this off. The question which then bugs my mind is, how come Dangote always finds a cheaper way to achieve these little things which seem impossible for government?

$0.15billion ==> 100mw
$1.5billion ==> 1000mw
$15billion ==> 10,000mw

Solar plants have an insignificant operating cost when compared to other power sources; no gas costs, no gas constraints, no moving parts (= less maintenance) etc.

OBJ spent $16billion, GEJ $8.5billion and Buhari has already spent almost $3billion on power, that's almost clocking $30billion yet we struggle with 3000mw for the whole nation. Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?... When do we just shut the country down and give it to Dangote?
Solar has the unique disadvantage of being available during day and not night. It would av been best for industrial hubs that run mostly during the day.
Your observations are quite interesting.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by enimooko: 8:04am On Aug 12, 2017
He signs a project of 150, where will the money end up after 3 years?
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by freshest4live: 8:06am On Aug 12, 2017
Desyner:
Solar has the unique disadvantage of being available during day and not night. It would av been best for industrial hubs that run mostly during the day.
You can store the solar energy with proper lead batteries.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by obailala(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2017
Desyner:
Yeah but the power generated during the day is usually stored for the night. And people generally use less less energy at night.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Desyner: 12:03am On Aug 13, 2017
obailala:
Yeah but the power generated during the day is usually stored for the night. And people generally use less less energy at night.
Power storage is still very expensive. It may be managable for cars but not for everyday use yet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youths Pray For President Buhari And Nigeria In Abuja / Port Harcourt LGA Council Seals Federal Marriage Registry Premises / Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah For Governor Anambra State 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.