Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road (7280 Views)

How Was Your First Driving Experience? / Share Your First Driving Experience / #2.20kobo: First Driving Licence My Dad Acquired In 1975(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by kayzat: 7:59am On Aug 14, 2017
My brother took me to a school in our home town and I learned what n what to press and after the short lesson he insist I must drive the vehicle home which I was doing well n carefully until he set me up by asking me to increase the speed when we almost reach house o. I totally lost it at that moment and couldn't control the vehicle again and almost cleared his own mum and my uncle together with our fence, it's only God that knows how I was able to stop the some inches away from them.

I couldn't drive outside our compound for a long time after that experience.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by SirMichael1: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2017
EagleScribes:
My first driving experience was on an express road.

I was like "relax, no big deal, just maintain your lane. Afterall, you don't need to change gears as this one is auto"

And that was how I got my confidence to drive anywhere smiley

Autos are the easiest but I must say this, an automatic transmission wouldn't teach you all you need to know about the manual transmission.

If a person is stranded on the way and you stepped out of your vehicle to go help him only to find out it was your long lost friend using a manual transmission, how will you go about that (and the guy has a 'L' symbol indicating that he's still learning)
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by nwadiuko1(m): 8:05am On Aug 14, 2017
nony43:
When I was learning how to drive with Perfect driving school in Aba, I accidentally hit a police post, my people the rest is history
o/hill?
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by SirMichael1: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2017
Nma27:
Its easy driving an automatic car na.
Automatic transmissions are easy until you meet a learner who happens to be your friend stranded on the high way only to go out to her her and be greeted with the sight of a manual transmission.

She'll be like, Nma aren't you a professional driver? come help me reverse the car sharp sharp.

That's all one needs to make him look dumb and so unprofessional
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by IBreakRules: 8:15am On Aug 14, 2017
Mehn!
Those days when I used to secretly take my parents cars out.
I'd mark the spots where the 4 tyres are on the floor before moving it. Yea my dad can be a very badass detective. He would know if his car changed location just by 1cm.
As for my mum, she hardly drives her car. All she does is carry the key around. Looked for a key that looks likes her car key, replaced it with d original one in her bag while I take d car out whenever I want until I was busted someday. Her friend told her she saw me driving on the roads with lots of ppl in the car.
The rest was history.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by geegirl109: 8:22am On Aug 14, 2017
I went with my mom to driving school for like three times..Then i began feeling my self,,i started boasting to my family that i can drive anything even trailer na so d wahala started ooo..
One day my sister's friend came to visit her and i boasted to him too that i can drive,,you know dah kain tin now,,i was young,,full of energy and just finished secondary school and i used to run mouth a lot..
So he told me to drive him to the junction(just junction oo not even main street or highway)..Na so i entered d car oo(it was a manual car) started d ignition nd changed d gear to reverse,,(come and see how i was feeling mysef dat day,,i just dey shout hop in hop in),,(d devil wey go do me ehn)i reversed safely den i changed bk to gear one den we started moving(our street road is bad)so as i dey avoid potholes and ditches na so my sister's friend just said ife te ina si kini yii(ife give it more speed) dat was what i needed to hear,,Jesus na so I te ina si,,what happened after dat i dnt knw i just know dat d earth became black and void and without form and d spirit of d Lord was moving upon d face of d car..
When i finally got bk to my senses people have gathered to look(trust nigerians for dat) doing nothing to save us,,dat was when i realized i ran into a fence,,(i lost steering control bcs of too much speed)..The front bumper have bumpered its life away..long story,,,make i stop here...d rest na history..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by KamalMarx: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2017
After years of playing Dr. Driving, the first experience was bae but the second ended in a disaster
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by CHAIRMANMAO(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2017
Need for speed expert wink
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by Lanceslot(m): 8:32am On Aug 14, 2017
.... Was cruising on a slow and steady motion with one hand on the steering and the other on the window. Kehinde my friend was with me and was like "Oboy, big man fit u oo" lol... I was very relaxed but nearly crashed unto an oncoming car while I was dodging a big pot hole.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by vroy(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2017
Na manual I use learn anytime wey I press brake I dey always forget to put d gear back to 1 na like dat d car go stop
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by pweetiedee(m): 9:24am On Aug 14, 2017
It was awesome. I even over took cars on the road and I drove with just one hand.

I don't know the car tho, cos it was in my dream.

since then, I've being driving different cars, SUV, sports car etc.

I'm a very good driver.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by SirMichael1: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2017
vizkiz:
Killed a dog first time behind a wheel. Heard the neighbors next compound are still looking for the dog though

Haaa! Just over hyped the whole saga. shocked How long has that been? A couple of years maybe?
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by vizkiz: 9:45am On Aug 14, 2017
SirMichael1:

Haaa! Just over hyped the whole saga. shocked How long has that been? A couple of years maybe?
Not too long ago. The dog part is true though.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by Vince77(m): 10:11am On Aug 14, 2017
SirMichael1:

You really tried. Taking out a car without driving lessons is kinda courageous and bad in way too. It was an automatic vehicle right?
Yea i know thats why i was very careful. It was an automatic vehicle.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by chukzyfcbb: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2017
Although I visited a driving school bout 5times, my first time on the road wasn't scary at all. Infact because I knew I hadn't fully mastered the controls I didn't run on top speed.

My only fear was approaching a Cross + road, or approaching traffic that extends to a bridge. I was driving ba manual, as a learner alternating between clutch and accelerator when stuck on traffic is very tough, that's an express way to burning your clutch
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by VeeGodwin: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
It was a beautiful one. but i was really scared. I'm now a bad ass driver.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by HDee(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
pweetiedee:
It was awesome. I even over took cars on the road and I drove with just one hand.

I don't know the car tho, cos it was in my dream.

since then, I've being driving different cars, SUV, sports car etc.

I'm a very good driver.
Hi
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by HDee(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
My first driving experience wasn't that awesome per se, but i did really well.

It was my mom's car, took it out with a friend who already knows how to drive, to a field at our street junction. Did a couple of accelerating and reversing, you know the need for speed kind of thing on the field, even my friend was like, "but you said this was your first time driving? " i was like yea!

So, i tried steering in every possible way to get familiar with manoeuvring the car, then i was like I'm ready to take this thing on the road, i told my friend to first let me try it down the street and back. Trust me after that guys, on that same day, i was already on an expressway. The next day, i took a short trip to a close town.

Ever since, it's being amazing everyday, and i keep getting better. I always tell myself everytime i get into a car, "you're the one who's in control of the car not the other way round", this is just to get rid of any anxiety that tries to build up.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by ossiken(m): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
I had just finished learning how to drive with my junior brother so it was my first time alone I had just closed from work it was night around 10pm I didn't know how to put on my headlight still had the L- sign moving very slow when I heard a female voice Learner where is your headlight? only then did I realize that I was using other vehicles light to move.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by coolh3ad(m): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2017
SilverG33k:
So I was on the highway, one car coming from behind probably just installed a very loud horn, or maybe it was anxiety, as I heard the horn, Paaarrnnnnnnn!!!! While on motion, I looked back with fear instead of looking at the rear mirror. The next thing I heard was 'te break! te break!!' (Apply breaks! Apply breaks!!).... Instead of me looking front again, I was looking at my legs trying to figure out which one is break and which one is clutch. in short, my car has already posed for a pre-accident picture kissing the backside of another car....

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. This is the funniest i have read because it has happened to almost everyone learning how to drive. lol. i really cant stop laughing
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road by Luizkid(m): 8:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
Zeze06:
smiley

I watched my dad closely for sometime, never went to driving school...I just started driving.

but now I can drive so well that even if am dead, I can drive myself to the grave grin
2019 and this your comment got me cracked up real hard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? / Do Nigeria Custom Service Sell Vehicles??? / Toyota Camry: Error Codes P043e, P043f, P2401, P2402, P2419

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.