Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News (5912 Views)

Rejoinder: Tradermoni hasn't stop because of Election- Punch News Evidence / BREAKING: Gunmen Freed Ex-minister, Akwanga , After Ransom Paid / Osinbajo Condemns The Ozubulu, Anambra Church Massacre (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by RisingSun1: 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
Gunmen on Sunday struck at the Assemblies
of God Church on the Oguta road Onitsha ,
Anambra State killing one policeman and a
civilian.

This is coming seven days after gunmen
attacked St Philips Catholic Church, Ozubulu
and killed no fewer than 13 persons and
injured 27 .

An eyewitness account told our
correspondent that the gunmen had
momentarily stopped at the Assemblies of
God Church, but on sighting some policemen
at the church , opened fire on them .

“ When the firing became too hot , the
policemen abandoned their patrol vehicle and
ran away for safety.
“ The gunmen moved to their patrol van and
took a gun belonging to the policeman they
killed.
“ I saw two of the gunmen but I can ’ t say how
many they are in number.

Another eyewitness said, “Gunmen on Okada
( motorcycle) shot a policeman and collected
his rifle . They also shot dead an Okada man
while escaping , and the passenger he was
carrying was injured. The policeman was the
one armed among his colleagues ; they were
providing security while church service was
going on at Assemblies of God Church, Oguta
road Onitsha.

The Anambra State Commissioner of Police ,
Mr Garba Umar confirmed the incident to
journalists.

He said it was not an attack on the church ,
adding “My men were on patrol near the
church when they were attacked by some
gunmen . It was not an attack on the church ,
in the real sense of it ” .

The commissioner confirmed that the
hoodlums took away a rifle belonging to the
slain cop.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr
Chris Ngige had on Saturday said the Federal
Government would work out modalities on
how to secure places of worship in the
country.

Leading a federal government delegation to
commiserate with the people of Anambra
State on the Ozubulu shooting , Ngige said
that had become expedient following
incessant attacks on places of worship .

http://punchng.com/breaking-gunmen-attack-another-anambra-church-kill-policeman-civilian/
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by RisingSun1: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
It is official Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen has declared jihad on the Biafrans.

Is this one Drug barons again ? This is another location faraway from Ozubulu.

May God punish Governor Obiano for hiding the terrorist attack that happened in Ozubulu last Sunday

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by MyNewJackeT: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
What the Hell....

I thought the police said they have arrested the suspects.
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by juventino: 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Which kind country be this? shocked angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Kingsley1000(m): 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
OBIANO KILLING HIS PEOPLE BACK TO BACK...MORE DEATHS ARE EXPECTED DURING ELECTION PERIOD

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by ShobayoEmma(m): 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
All the enemies of the church in disguise shall live to see the dominion of the church.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Markfemi2: 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
All the shameless osu will avoid this thread
Assuming it was Yoruba land they will be gloating over the news

Useless tribe
No value for human life

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Kingsley1000(m): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
The government of anambra should stop peddling lies to ndi anambra and as a matter of neccesity resign for their ineptitude in curtailing the insecurity challenges ravaging the state...it started from uke adoration night killing during campaign in 2013,ezu killing,nnewi killing,nkpor ipob killing,ozubulu church killing and now onitsha

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Samirana360(m): 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
hmmm.....somfin fishing
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by AsiwajuNdigbo: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
Markfemi2:
All the shameless osu will avoid this thread
Assuming it was Yoruba land they will be gloating over the news

Useless tribe
No value for human life

You lack respect for human life. Two people are dead,if it wasn't the police security that deterred the attackers they would have killed more if they got in the church, and this nonsense came out of your @ss. Today is Sunday you know, a Holy day. God is watching you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by AsiwajuNdigbo: 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
The Anambra State Commissioner of Police ,
Mr Garba Umar confirmed the incident to
journalists.

He said it was not an attack on the church ,
adding “My men were on patrol near the
church when they were attacked by some
gunmen . It was not an attack on the church ,
in the real sense of it ”

Listen to what this mai suya in police uniform is saying. Nonsense. What a buffoon!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by paBuhari(m): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Igbo land is under ATTACK! These attacks are deliberately ochestrated and planned by Buhari's govt.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Markfemi2: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

Will you shut your trap. How dare u insult a tribe.
Look who is talking about value of human lifes.
Ikorodu is at the brink of extinction by them BADOO gangs and your here blabbing and jumping in every igbo thread like an imp gone loco.
Go and cub the ritual menance in your region first.
Charcoal calling kettle black.
Bloody hypocrite.

LOOOOOL AT LEAST BADDO IS NOT WEAK ENOUGH TO BE ATTACKING CHURCHES OR MOSQUE
AND THEY ARE BASED IN NIGERIA

DRUG BARONS FROM SOUTH AFRICA ARE ORDERING EXTINCTION OF IBO IN NIGERIA

SHAMELESS OSU

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by RisingSun1: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
It is official Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen has declared jihad on the Biafrans.

Here is what I wrote about the first Church attack last Sunday----

No previous history of drug related attack in
Ozubulu community.

No earlier threat of an attack given to the Church

Non of the attackers were arrested as suspects
who may give information

Now how and why did the Governor quickly
concluded that the attackers were. drug barons?

There is no doubt that these are Fulani Herdsmen
carrying out jihad in a Church.

Gov Obiano is a big fool.He does not want Igbos in
Anambra to carry out reprisal attacks which will
generate into ethnic crises. He only wanted a
peaceful atmosphere for his upcoming election
That's why he quickly buried the truth by hiding the
REAL attackers.

This is the first time in this country that an
investigation was carried out and concluded within
2hours after the incident.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Markfemi2: 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
AsiwajuNdigbo:

You lack respect for human life. Two people are dead,if it wasn't the police security that deterred the attackers they would have killed more if they got in the church, and this nonsense came out of your @ss. Today is Sunday you know, a Holy day. God is watching you.

Shut your mouth
your people are always excited at crisis in other region today it has hit you twice!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by AsiwajuNdigbo: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Shut your mouth
your people are always excited at crisis in other region today it has hit you twice!

Listen, im not in the mood for your palaver today,ok. This thing is serious but you are not bothered by it because it doesnt touch you in Yorubaland. Abeg carry your wahala go.
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by EmeeNaka: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
This is dangerous trend.
This act of terrorism stand condemned. The Deads shall rest in peace, they're the victors, their killers are the vanquished. Never in the history of man has evil defeated the goods, Anambra people/Nigerians shall prevail.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Kingsley1000(m): 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2017
paBuhari:
Igbo land is under ATTACK! These attacks are deliberately ochestrated and planned by Buhari's govt.
Lol,there are some elements of truth here though,even nnamdi kanu envisaged it
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by CHIJIOKE1314: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
No comment!
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by AsiwajuNdigbo: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
paBuhari:

Exactly! My brother did you read that apology Obiano gave to Biafrans last week? He briefly mentioned the controversy about bokoharam prisoners that were brought to SE. I wonder if this terror outbreak is a calculated infiltration of bokoharam into our land. This thing dey make my stomach do somehow I no fit explain, i don lost appetite for food sef. I no fit collect myself at all. This is not good. Back to back attacks on church. Chei!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Markfemi2: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
[quote author=irepnaija4eva post=59435855][/quote]

Mumu ritualist in south west is child's play compared to malaysia forest in Imo grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by dannytoe(m): 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
Kai, waitin be all this Na!

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by Markfemi2: 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

Ewu...your stupidity is epic.
Your oba just sold all your heads to them SMA(SKULL MINERS ASSOCIATION) just for 2 plates of hydraulic soup.
WHICH should be of great concern to you.

It's child play compared Malaysia forest � grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by irepnaija4eva(m): 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
[quote author=Markfemi2 post=59436366]

It's child play compared Malaysia forest � grin grin[/quote

Which is better than skull mining... grin grin grin
Just pray the dead won't wake up one day to eat up the living in your region..
Allow the dead to rest in peace o.
Inugo.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by agbangam: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Na wa oo
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by IgboSubmarine: 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Let's wait and see if they will blame it on drug war

IPOB is right about their theory

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by agbangam: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
RisingSun1:

Is this one Drug barons again ? This is another location faraway from Ozubulu.

May God punish Governor Obiano for hiding the terrorist attack that happened in Ozubulu last Sunday

See dis Mumuu sha, We all know d IPoB Jews are now killing d innocent Christian Igbos... Please let d Christian igbos brace up and fight those demonic Ipob Jews cos dey want to force Judaism on dem. cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by seunmsg(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Whatever is going on in Anambra, I hope security agencies figure it out very soon. I have my suspicion but I will keep it to myself. However, I am very sure this has nothing to do with boko haram. Killing people in this manner is condemnable and totally unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News by HeGeMon(m): 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
Nnamdi Kanus ipob special forces are at work now, the weapons he solicited for have now arrived, so now its goin to be everyday action film, . This is the moment to reference & review his earlier statements of threats to Nigeria, Obiano & his people who don't support him. Nnamdi Kanu should be picked up ASAP.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unpaid Pension: FG, Police Trade Blame As 4,000 Ex-policemen Lament / Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution / The Only Person Nigerians Wont Reject As A President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.