Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention (35228 Views)

Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" / Senator Shehu Sani's Resignation Letter To APC (FULL TRANSCRIPT) / Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by otil1: 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
List Buhari’s achievements QED

None listed thus far.

I predict this thread will get to 100 pages and no achievement listed for current APC Government, 2.5years on the saddle.

3 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by Ajekuiya: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
ihatesycophant:

HEADLINES BEFORE THE 2015 ELECTIONS
FAMOUS QUOTABLE QUOTES.....
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
~ Prof Charles Soludo
"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.
"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Diezani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
~ Godswill Akpabio
"I told them to save ahead of eventualities, but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
~ Okonjo Iweala
"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
~ Peter Obi - Anambra Gov
"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
~ Bala Mohammed -FCT Minister

No wonder we are in such a mess. Information is power and ignorance is dangerous. Some electorates have short memories but I am not one of them.
If our judiciary had lived to their expectations, many of these people should be Rotten in jail by now but our judiciary system is poo. They freed thief here and he/she goes to advanced system and got convicted.
How would a man supervised such humongous looting and still has the effrontery to talk when all the monies that supposed to work wonders for him are in the hands of individuals that he trusted too much, even God has shame because He said, He regretted creating man. Jonathan has no single shame left in him. Well, I know the man is remorseful internally but people that destroyed his regime are still pushing him to talk when he doesn't want to do.

afonja how market

2 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by slivertongue: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
ihatesycophant:

HEADLINES BEFORE THE 2015 ELECTIONS
FAMOUS QUOTABLE QUOTES.....
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
~ Prof Charles Soludo
"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.
"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Diezani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
~ Godswill Akpabio
"I told them to save ahead of eventualities, but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
~ Okonjo Iweala
"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
~ Peter Obi - Anambra Gov
"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
~ Bala Mohammed -FCT Minister
No wonder we are in such a mess. Information is power and ignorance is dangerous. Some electorates have short memories but I am not one of them.
If our judiciary had lived to their expectations, many of these people should be Rotten in jail by now but our judiciary system is poo. They freed thief here and he/she goes to advanced system and got convicted.
How would a man supervised such humongous looting and still has the effrontery to talk when all the monies that supposed to work wonders for him are in the hands of individuals that he trusted too much, even God has shame because He said, He regretted creating man. Jonathan has no single shame left in him. Well, I know the man is remorseful internally but people that destroyed his regime are still pushing him to talk when he doesn't want to do

the point is that the economy was still better than today
granted that items listed above wud add to the mix bt dis govenrment lacks vertical knowledge and cant midwife progress. they cant solve old problems and draw up road map to a new destination. all i have seen is schism and schism.
this govt sud talk wen dia report card gets beta
why aint u ask wat they have done with all the increase in charges, rates etc

2 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by lexy2014: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
IllegalMoney:
grin grin grin

There is nothing controversial about GEJ speech

He spoke the bitter truth to all u APC zombies and Buhari worshippers

APC has got nothing on Jonathan

GEJ is 10 millions times better than the Vegetable and Economy Disaster called Buhari

Buhari (APC ) brought us RECESSION and Hunger
5.5 million Nigerians lost their jobs within two years between 2015 to 2017, last time such ugly event happened was still under the same cluless Buhari in 1984

Buhari broke Record as being the first Head of State to lead Nigeria to Recession two different times as Head of State Back to Back

Buhari was an Economic Disaster as a Military Head of State

Buhari is Still an Economic Disaster as a Civilian President

Even Obasanjo confirmed the Buhari is clueless about anything Economy.

APC has run out of lies and Propganda
u c I like d speech, he made no mention of APC. Such maturity. He didn't speak like d opposition. he spoke like PDP is in power and APC speaks like they are in opposition

8 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by ngwaba(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
What is controversial about this speech? sad sad sad
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by otil1: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
BMC everywhere. I can pick the out. Plus 115 guests viewing!

Oya, defend the indefensible

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by Kennyprince: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
I'd he wants , let him whatever truth or otherwise.... all I know is that conduct an election in Nigeria today or 2moro, PDP cannot win.

Many of these things they are saying they brought were abandoned only for Buhari to implement them.... but now GEJ is claiming them....

Any government that can swallow billions in an abysmally corrupt manner like the PDP did cannot be trusted again!!!!
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by paulchineduN(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Jonathan thinked we are still daft, he better went and rest for one place with his mumu pdp.

'Thinked'. U must be a hardcore Aboki to speak this way

3 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by InvertedHammer: 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nigeria is such a hopeless and cursed nation that the citizens always debate, fight and compare mediocrity vs mediocrity to decide which one is worse.

Blessed is the day they will start comparing The Good vs The Bad.

\
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by spartacus11(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
otil1:
Wow!

I agree perfectly that GEJ was hugely economical with the truth. Now we can list the achievements side by side:

BOKO HARAM
IPOB
AVENGERS (formed b4 d Election)
Dasuki gate

BVN
TSA
E-WALLET
IPPIS
YOUWIN
AUTOMOTIVE POLICY
Largest Economy in Africa
ATM
6 new Federal Universities
PENCOM
BANK CONSOLIDATION
SHOPRITE
SPAR
BANK RECAPITALISATION
Pre-paid meters, GENCOS, DISCOS, IPPs
NSIA sovereign wealth fund
NCDMB Nigerian content
NIMASA & Carbotage
NHIS just like NHS (uk)
Almajiri Education
Electronic voter registration; and to cap it all,
CREDIBLE ELECTIONS

Pls add your own

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by otil1: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
InvertedHammer:
Nigeria is such a hopeless and cursed nation that the citizens always debate, fight and compare mediocrity vs mediocrity to decide which one is worse.

Blessed is the day they will start comparing The Good vs The Bad.

\

Mediocrity vs failure. Please correct yourself

3 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by Ten06(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
This man didn't bother to tell us that our salaries and allowances will not be stolen again.
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by ihatesycophant(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
Beress:

This is already stale boy... Try another one
Those that doesn't settle for something will always settle for everything. That's just your case. I don't blame you, I only blame your political disposition.
Those that doesn't learn from history will always have a bitter lesson to narrate, if only they survived it. Your kind put us in this mess because resources that suppose go into the system are in the hands of your cronies.
Even the minister for finance under the same Jonathan gave several warnings that we're heading towards austerity but no measure was put in place to check it but Jonathan's regime were making the monies and spending then without recourse to rainy days that we're experiencing today.
If you don't know where you're coming from, you cannot know where you're going. Nigeria has not been accountable to itself and that's why we don't know where we're going.

1 Like

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by InvertedHammer: 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
otil1:

Mediocrity vs failure. Please correct yourself

/
It is a matter of semantics. It is still a case of bad vs bad.
\
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by laurel03(m): 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
otil1:

You can't comprehend bros.

How would you know there is something called business climate.

But let me give you a clue. The current business climate is responsible for etisalat pulling out of the country. As well as many others, ok.

Jonathan's business climate encouraged SHOPRITE.
shoprite in 9ja b4 Jonathan era abeg.. what climate change econet to airtel?...
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by ibabz(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
ihatesycophant:

Nigerians are in trouble if the listed above are achievements in a country that a Premium spirit per barrel was sold over $100. where a president inherited over $38B as reserve. Where citizen was buying rice without government subsidizing it #4000 as at 2007 but slow dive to between #8,000 to #11,500 as at January, 2015 after subsidy.
Even went to add shoprite as an achievement. Is shoprite owned by government or individuals? Your case need serious attention at Yaba left. Was it Jonathan that introduces capitalisation or OBJ? Mr. man, it was Obasanjo and not JONATHAN.
Young man, NHIS is not Nigerian government project. Go back to read about NHIS very well and be informed. Most items you listed shows you're not informed at all about government business. Nimasa a drain pipe to government treasury like Nigeria Port Authority.

I don't understand your point. If $100 per barrel is your benchmark, how many months was the crude oil sold for $100 under GEJ? I don't know where you got your N11,500 per bag of rice, but I never bought a bag more than N8k under GEJ. If he inherited $38 as external reserve, how much did he leave as external reserve?
Sometimes you guys sound so stupid that I wonder if you really have any sense at all.

7 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by otil1: 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
merbenko:
This administration is the best worse administration in History of Nigeria. Why reminding Nigeria. You promise change and you are still complaining about GEJ administration.

This summarises it 100%.

Jonathan's was not good. I agree. Is it good now? Is it about to be good?

Let's admit it. It is worsening. And it's from people that promised to change our fortunes.

BMC everywhere, just because a former president spoke to his party members. Shame! Big Shame!!

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by obaoyedotun(m): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
When you can write good English just come back and state your point, it's people like you jonathan made almajiri school for
RIPEnglish:
Jonathan thinked we are still daft, he better went and rest for one place with his mumu pdp.

3 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by Yusuf4: 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Mumu
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by Yoshy: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
RIPEnglish:

Your sentence says it all.

1 Like

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by ihatesycophant(m): 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
slivertongue:

the point is that the economy was still better than today
granted that items listed above wud add to the mix bt dis govenrment lacks vertical knowledge and cant midwife progress. they cant solve old problems and draw up road map to a new destination. all i have seen is schism and schism.
this govt sud talk wen dia report card gets beta
why aint u ask wat they have done with all the increase in charges, rates etc

Yes, the economy would be better because there are monies to plug loopholes. Oil was booming at high rate over $100per barrel. Reserve was huge and was monthly depleted to compensate for the downturn. They have enough to subsidize staple foods. Rice were imported and subsidized for the importers but are no more. The dollars were more in circulation than our Naira there by weakens the system and taken us to Third World country. Buhari came and mopped it up to encourage locals competitiveness. Remember at that time tooth picks were also imported to Nigeria and even tomato paste which informed BUHARI's government to ban some items for importation. Same sovereign wealth account was also depleted as confirmed by Ngozi Iwela in 2014 that Jonathan has no political will because visually everything in reserve has been spent.
Truly Buhari did not start well but the foundation he met was too faulty with the price of oil depleted to about $25 per barrel. Also remember that state governors as at 2013 find it difficult to even pay salary and meet up with government businesses. Things were getting worse but JONATHAN'S government concede it since money was still flowing and they still see to borrow.

1 Like

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by naturalman: 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
deji68:
Wetin dey controversial ? The guy stated his achievements make Bubu say his own grin grin

I thought you were against Jonathan and PDP
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by Apina(m): 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2017
Buhari and his cohorts will most likely fail come 2019 for one reason; they have and are still underestimating the veracity of the problem they have created.
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by nattyGENT: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
RIPEnglish:
YOU ARE EVEN MORE DAFT NOW WITH SUCH POST. Go evening school at least
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by deji68: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
Me ..... who go dey against better thing? grin grin grin grin
naturalman:

I thought you were against Jonathan and PDP
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by Teel012(m): 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
laurel03:
shoprite ke u forget to add Facebook and whatsapp... #Pej brain fall on u
Was it under pdp or apc even Jonathan made it clear in his speech, PDP government, he never said during his tenure. So take back ur words oga.
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by ihatesycophant(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
ibabz:

I don't understand your point. If $100 per barrel is your benchmark, how many months was the crude oil sold for $100 under GEJ? I don't know where you got your N11,500 per bag of rice, but I never bought a bag more than N8k under GEJ. If he inherited $38 as external reserve, how much did he leave as external reserve?
Sometimes you guys sound so stupid that I wonder if you really have any sense at all.
You see where your reasoning snowball to. You bought rice #8,000 under Jonathan. Is it Nigerian rice you bought at that price? Young man, every rice imported are being subsidized for you to be able to buy them but Buhari came came and say know, the economy cannot take it again because importers were enjoying virtually subsidy on every products imported and with the downturn of oil price the country cannot cope because it's already telling on the system where state government cannot pay salaries any more.
The price of oil came down to about $50 something per barrel in the year 2014 but remember Jonathan mount leadership role in the year 2011 but he could not save but was borrowing and spending. As at the time he left our debt profile was about $30 something billion dollars with all the monies he made from oil.
Economist has said, JONATHAN'S state of economy is fake and that was what informed rebasing they did and say Nigeria economy is the best in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
You think we forget so soon? uhnnnnn......Clueless one

Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by gabe: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
KellyR:
Who GEJ epp? >wink
Deziani, Dasuki, Mama Peace etc etc...
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by laurel03(m): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
Teel012:
Was it under pdp or apc even Jonathan made it clear in his speech, PDP government, he never said during his tenure. So take back ur words oga.
dt one come be achievement even Abacha still gt Fdi.. Lagos state govt invite shoprite to Nigeria and dey commence operation in 2005.
brother i am not here to argue because basic amenities is my right and that is why our leaders are elected.
How much Nigeria realised from 1999 till date?? what is our F reserved? ?
How much we have spent on electricity?? how many megawatts? ? etc...
Re: Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention by nattyGENT: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
IMASTEX:
Show the significant difference between PDP and APC?
PDP has listed their nonsense so APC list your senses ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court / Senate President, Lawan Re-appoints Saraki’s Media Aide [see Other Appointees] / Amotekun: Femi Fani-kayode Slams Tinubu Over Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.