Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda (29093 Views)

Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure / Tell Nigerians The Truth About Chibok Girls Abduction - GEJ Replies Shettima / Jonathan Built Only Federal University In Buhari’s State, Omokri Replies Garba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by Babacele: 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
tuniski:

Please get informed the Propagand I over for APC and its zombies. The nation is about to Witness a new dawn.
propaganda that PDP messed the country up ? a new dawn by Gej's PDP that Nigeria dismissed after 16 years of waste? you make me laugh?
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
adetayo234:

You clearly don't know anything. So, you think nigerians vote based on performance? What performance qualified buhari to become president? None. The man couldn't even manage his own finances. Nigerians vote on sentiments and not on performance. Yes APC hasn't performed well,but they will win election hands down. Lagosians will always vote APC, kwara will vote APC if bukola is still in APC by 2019. Edo will vote APC; the last election should inform you properly on that. Kano is an APC state. Abuja will vote APC. Ondo just declared support for APC via the last election. Yes, APC has very strong impact in those places. The only places PDP can win well are SS, SE and some Middle belt states.

And we want the country to move forward, we dont want agitations, we dont want parallel government, neither do we want conflict.. but the bold words says otherwise..
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by Xfemt(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Cinkq:
God will bless buhari and every nigeria politicians that has the interests of their people at heart.let jonathan keep quiet,lest i'll be tempted to call him clueless and drunkard as he's fondly called by some people today. Jonathan was too careless as a president and lootings took place indiscriminately under his watch,which partly caused the problem we are facing today.as it's not proper to attribute the whole blame of today's problems on him, same way we cannot completely unconnect his name from today's problem. So he should keep quiet and allow the current regime fix things.
abeg short up, if u don't ve any reasonable tin yo say plz go and sleep nonsense

1 Like

Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by tuniski: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
Babacele:
propaganda that PDP messed the country up ? a new dawn by Gej's PDP that Nigeria dismissed after 16 years of waste? you make me laugh?
PDP advanced nigeria though not at the best rate but, APC is regressing nigeria. The new dawn is for PDP to reclaim the mantle of advancement with lessons learnt.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by jpphilips(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
WhiskeyTangoFox:

I dnt agree with ur analogy about "dad losing his job", it doesn't apply to this situation. We all know oil price is down, and it will affect us since we are oil dependent. But I mentioned issues besides the economy/recession. Ethnic violence/agitation, marginalization of the south, below par cabinet that only help to worsen things, fulani herdsmen, lack of prosecution on those alleged to be corrupt, the cloud of uncertainty (along with lack of transparency) hovering above the presidency whenever on medical visit etc. These are areas this administration could have performed better to cushion the negative effects of the economy on the masses and show that level of competence needed to steer the country away from the current economic turmoil. It's over 2 years and we all know some ministers and Co aren't up to the task, no changes have been made to show complacency wnt be tolerated. The military few months ago bombed an idp camp thinking they were insurgents. Few weeks ago, the same military lied about rescuing kidnapped nnpc workers until "BOKO HARAM" released a video to counter their claims (u can imagine the irony). No one was publicly held accountable or penalised for such colossal f*ckup, jst an apology letter released and it's all been swept under the carpet as usual. The lack of professionalism within the current administration is alarming. 2 years on, and Jonathan's name is still being dragged in at every opportunity, making lame attempts to hide their lack of achievement behind his flaws while he was president. How can they continuously showcase Jonathan's flaws and completely fail in highlighting their strengths?

Ethnic violence and agitations? correct me if I am wrong, we have been living with communal clashes since I was born, I think presently, its reduced considering our population growth over time, they all fall under law enforcement lapses, my expectations isn't out of the ordinary, did you really vote any government in Nigeria hoping that the NPF will become NYPD? come on!! grin grin

Agitations like IPOB you mean? grin grin who told you they are agitating? those are political tools used by state governors to pressure the federal government to dissolve the federation account, do you sincerely think it's a coincidence that Kanu is shouting Biafra on one end, the politicians are shouting "restructuring and resource control"? it's all about the federation account, the question is; why do they want the federation account dissolved? simple, because they want more money due to fall in crude price, so I can draft the chronology for you, fall in crude price led to agitation for Biafra, led to agitation for restructuring as the end game, do you sincerely think the FG is stvpid not to figure it out?

By middle of 2013, the federation account was providing about 1.3T naira for sharing, today, it provides less than 480b naira, no thanks to the fall in crude price, so the state governors have quickly condemned the idea of sharing, they now see it as a taboo grin grin grin, they want to control the resources without making any investment, grin grin which sane FG will listen to that crap? now they go to the people, you and I know that Nigerians are extremely ignorant, the people side with them and the noise reaches a crescendo!! The politicians know that Nigerians are too dvmb to ask how we are gonna be maintaining equitable distribution of wealth, the primary function of the federation account?

When they see the resolve of the federal government as unwavering, the so called mass followership they have will quickly define their interest, they will come to an understanding that you and I are no direct beneficiaries of state funds, they will go home, in the interim, we can all enjoy the noise, it doesn't call for any concern trust me on that. With a president like Buhari that can not be intimidated even in death grin grin, those so called economic agitations will die a natural death.

Before you blame those ministers, first find out when last their budgetary allocation was paid, where is the money? when you see the money, find out if it is a borrowed fund that we will pay back or service in the nearest future. Those are the fundamental issues not the hogwash flying around. If you think the PDP will do better under the circumstance, then you must be ready for a rude shock.

Prosecution of corrupt persons cost a lot of money, the smartest thing to do is collecting the much we can through plea bargain, the stubborn ones can be axed with the Judiciary hoping you understand the Judiciary bottlenecks, while i would love a democracy with consequence management, I am not so enthusiastic seeing a Madueke in prison at a huge cost, we rather settle for her loot funding a part of the budget as we saw in the 2017 budget till the situation improves.

The rann bombing was a mistake though regrettable but not out of the ordinary, the military accepted responsibility and apologised for it, what else were you expecting? Axe the service chiefs? don't be ridiculous, in a game of life and death, both cards are always on the table, if you follow the news you would have heard that in October 2015, a US AC-130 gunship erroneously bombed an MSF hospital in Kunduz, that plane is more advanced and sophisticated than the ancient of days our air force use, yet they made such disastrous error, the story is the same for several advanced militaries of the world, if we have flown thousands of sorties in the NE and made just one error, I think you should cut the military some slack!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by Babacele: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
tuniski:

PDP advanced nigeria though not at the best rate but, APC is regressing nigeria. The new dawn is for PDP to reclaim the mantle of advancement with lessons learnt.

Wake up and smell the coffee!
not in this lifetime again, if Buhari won't fix the thieves who have held this nation down by 2019, we help him do it at all costs. PDP is dead!
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by tuniski: 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
Babacele:
not in this lifetime again, if Buhari won't fix the thieves who have held this nation down by 2019, we help him do it at all costs. PDP is dead!
Come and kill it nau. Delusional kawai!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by Babacele: 3:10am On Aug 16, 2017
tuniski:

Come and kill it nau. Delusional kawai!
ba delusion ba. walahi PDP is dead. do you know that the life of PDP was power and it has been taken away from them. who will give them back?
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by Babacele: 4:00am On Aug 16, 2017
jpphilips:

grin grin grin grin your last sentence, let me ask you an honest question dude (I suppose), if you are a child in a family where your father just lost his job, he doesn't rush out by 7am anymore to return by 6pm, will you still ask your mother why there is no meat in the soup or do you embrace the reality that the earnings of the family has dwindled?
Nigerians are like kids who are still asking for the usual three lumps of meat when their father just lost his job, you can not bring to a logical bare the sufferings of Nigerians currently without fixing culpability where it rightly belongs. The country is an oil dependent economy and oil price has crashed, there is no miracle that will make you to continue living like a king, that is a fact!! You must understand this fact, embrace it and accept it by taming your expectations.
whether it is a Jonathan or Buhari, I only expect proper management of our dwindled income not growth, realistically speaking, both of them have failed woefully in that objective, while a Buhari will grant forex subsidy to religious fanatics, Jonathan is willing to dash the federation account to a pretty minister, so PDP and APC have nothing to offer us in the philosophy of prudence in a dwindling economy.

If you excuse the economy, it is no rocket science to know that buhari is a far lesser evil than Jonathan.
we ain't even excusing the economy but rather going to tell the people those who stole the lifeblood of the economy : money, kept them in toilets, cemeteries, etc rather than in the economy. The sledgehammer of npower, school feeding program, infrastructural dev, Amnesty and other gains in the ND, Boko haram defeat, diversified economy, working refineries, ASUU being happy after all, well utilized recovered loots, stealing becoming corruption, improved international credentials which is already yielding as US is giving us Tuacanos unlike during the ineffective Buffon era ,and many more gains is what we shall hit the rogue paper boat in our political sail in 2019.
An opinion poll conducted by the same PDP 2 months ago shows 60% of Nigerians still prefer APC to PDP despite the downturns.

yes Gej did well and please let us beg PDP to present him for reelection in 2019.
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by AngelicBeing: 11:09am On Aug 16, 2017
onatisi:
It will be a miracle if apc retains the presidential seat in 2019. All the odds are against them , their leader is sickand dying,their party is sickand dying even their programmes and policies. Many of their strong members are now openly castigating the party and openly flirting with the opposition. Only a miracle can save apc
A quick question for you and sorry for asking here, how much is the equivalent of 90million Ghanaian cedis to Nigeria naira?. I am asking because of a business transaction l have to execute their, thanks cool
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by onatisi(m): 11:11am On Aug 16, 2017
AngelicBeing:
A quick question for you and sorry for asking here, how much is the equivalent of 90million Ghanaian cedis to Nigeria naira?. I am asking because of a business transaction l have to execute their, thanks cool
90million cedis or 90 million ghana cedis ? There is big difference oo
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by AngelicBeing: 11:12am On Aug 16, 2017
onatisi:
90million cedis or 90 million ghana cedis ? There is big difference oo
Yes, I meant 90million Ghana cedis, I am confused with all this their endless zeros, is 90 million ghana cedis equivalent to 810,000 naira?
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by AngelicBeing: 11:15am On Aug 16, 2017
@Onatisi, what is the difference between 90 million ghana cedis and 90million cedis? And what is their equivalent to Nigeria Naira? still waiting for your response,thanks
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by onatisi(m): 11:53am On Aug 16, 2017
AngelicBeing:
@Onatisi, what is the difference between 90 million ghana cedis and 90million cedis? And what is their equivalent to Nigeria Naira? still waiting for your response,thanks
10,000 cedis = 1 ghana cedis
4.5ghc = 1 us dollar
12.5 ghc = 1000 naira
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by AngelicBeing: 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
onatisi:

10,000 cedis = 1 ghana cedis
4.5ghc = 1 us dollar
12.5 ghc = 1000 naira
From your tabular above, it means 90,000 000million ghana cedis <> 90 000 000 divided by 10,000, that brings it to 9000 Ghana cedis, multiplying it by 100naira =900,000 naira, Na wao, it means 90 million ghana cedis = 900,000 naira? It means 1 ghana cedis =100 naira
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by onatisi(m): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
AngelicBeing:
From your tabular above, it means 90,000 000million ghana cedis <> 90 000 000 divided by 10,000, that brings it to 9000 Ghana cedis, multiplying it by 100naira =900,000 naira, Na wao, it means 90 million ghana cedis = 900,000 naira? It means 1 ghana cedis =100 naira
that is the reason why I asked if the amount quoted for you is ghana cedis or just cedis. There is no way they will quote 90 million ghana cedis because that is aboUt 19million us dollars
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by AngelicBeing: 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
onatisi:
that is the reason why I asked if the amount quoted for you is ghana cedis or just cedis. There is no way they will quote 90 ghana cedis because that is aboUt 19million us dollars
I got it now, it is about 9,000 Ghana cedis in their new currency which is approximately about 900,000 naira, thanks cool
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by Babacele: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
Goodluck Jonathan And The Ostrich Game By Peter Claver Oparah Goodluck Ebele Jonathan - remember him? He is the same man that was offloaded off power here some two light years ago. He is still the bumbling man perpetually living in denial, even in the face of egregious evidences of failure. He is still the same person who said he went to school without shoes yet when asked to declare his assets, after some few years in power, he declined and thundered ‘I don’t give a damn!’. BY PETER CLAVER OPARAH AUG 14, 2017 G oodluck Ebele Jonathan - remember him? He is the same man that was offloaded off power here some two light years ago. He is still the bumbling man perpetually living in denial, even in the face of egregious evidences of failure. He is still the same person who said he went to school without shoes yet when asked to declare his assets, after some few years in power, he declined and thundered ‘I don’t give a damn!’. He is still the same man who, as president, shocked the nation when he declared the stealing is not corruption, wondering why people were making comparison between ‘ordinary stealing’ and ‘corruption’. He is still the same fellow who harvested tremendous, unparalleled revenue in a providential oil boom and frittered the hefty accrual, which exceeded the combined revenue made by all previous governments before his. He is the same man who gave no damn that his cronies and those of his party men freely and impudently raided the national treasury and salted away mind- bugling amounts under his pernicious watch. He has cut a mark for himself for always burying his head in the sand when you expect him to be a man. He plays deaf and dumb in the hefty indiscretions and corrupt acts that have been linked to his men and subalterns. He creates the mien of an inscrutable man who lives with unimaginably corrupt people. He does not betray any qualms trading this paradoxical picture because his favorite pet must be an ostrich. Last week, Jonathan made a cameo appearance at a PDP meeting and as he was wont to do since he was offloaded from power, devoted the entire time he was on their stage, beating and dancing to his own drum. To him, he was the best thing that happened to Nigeria. He said that when he was here, the country was awash with bountiful blessings; everybody was secure, food was aplenty, inflation was nonexistent, corruption was exterminated, poverty was banished, etc. You will wonder which country Jonathan was rambling about. You even wonder if life was as bountiful as he tried to make it look, why was Jonathan voted out by millions of enthusiastic Nigerians just two years ago even in the face of very desperate measures he and his hirelings took to stick to power? Perhaps, to Jonathan, Nigerians made a mistake to end his ‘glorious’ era and of course, he must have been talking to a country living in regret for voting his golden era out. Let’s be clear. Jonathan has every right to bolster his image, especially in the face of the humbling he received in March 2015. With the horrific picture of wanton and egregious plundering that happened under Jonathan, assaulting the public space since he left, it was just charitable that he said, tongue-in-cheek that his regime failed to plug all loopholes for corruption. That means that he plugged some loopholes if we are to believe his moonlight revelry. That he even made that admittance was an afterthought especially in the light of the horrendous evidences of corruption that has continued to waft out from his regime. To Jonathan and his disciples, to whom he was directing his feel- good epistle, that was a cheery story, but to millions of Nigerians, still reeling from Jonathan’s gargantuan misrule, those were stories for the gods. Fact is that try as he and his cronies may wish to, Jonathan ran a brigandage where tremendous providential resources that would have lifted Nigeria from its present atrophy, were salted and stolen by his unconscionable cronies while he looked on. Truth is that Nigeria had enough resources to take it to the zenith of development under Jonathan but he presided over a total despoliation of the country as his moonlighting lasted. A nation that understands its onions would have, by now, be calculating the costs of the brigandage and vandalism which Jonathan supervised in Nigeria for nearly six years. For that period, Jonathan harvested enough resources to take Nigeria into the first world when oil, the mainstay of our economy went as high as over $120 per barrel and Nigeria exported over 2.5 million barrels every day. Jonathan inherited a rich foreign reserve of well over $ 64 billion and an Excess Crude Account in excess of $12billion. In the period when Jonathan was president, no new roads were constructed. The ones that were existing decayed out of existence. No new railways were constructed. No model hospitals were constructed. No new airports were constructed. Unemployment soared to the extent that it took a call for recruitment of 3,000 staff by the Nigerian Immigration Services for millions of Nigerians to fill all stadia and open spaces in the country after being extorted of a compulsory fee running into billions of Naira. In the ensuing stampede for space, over 20 of these youths were trampled to death and no one got employed in the long run. Inflation? It was a soaring affair as the rate of inflation climbed to a double digit when Nigeria was swimming in billions of petro dollars. What more, Jonathan left power with the country’s power generation capacity at below 1,000MW, and 23 states clearly on the throes of anarchy as several months of unpaid workers’ salaries threatened to unleash violent crisis all over Nigeria as Jonathan and his band left power in 2015. Jonathan’s ‘sound economic team’ told awe-stricken Nigerians before the March general election that it had to borrow nearly half a trillion Naira to pay federal civil servants’ salaries. Yet, crude oil sold for $60.30 the day Jonathan handed over; a price it had never reached for the period Buhari has presided over our affairs yet Buhari not only released a huge bailout to clear the hefty amount of salaries states accumulated in the oil boom era of Jonathan and has followed it up with periodic releases to make the states solvent. As for security, yes, Jonathan is so shameless as to flaunt a situation where he was living in perpetual scare of Boko Haram in Aso Rock, which made unchallenged constant bloody raids in the nation’s capital after seizing a fifth of Nigeria’s territory. It is as bizarre as it is tragic! While he surrendered the security of Nigeria to Boko Haram and sundry other gang lords, his National Security Adviser was sharing a huge sum of $2.1 billion voted for security to all manners of PDP aficionados. I am not trying to rebut the torrid of humongous claims Jonathan and his cronies continue to make to dupe our senses. Rather, I want to just take a peek at the persona of Jonathan; a simpleton who relishes playing the ostrich in his delusional feeling that Nigerians are afflicted with short memory. Fact is that Jonathan and his reveling PDP compatriots know that they are living a lie of what they really represent in Nigeria and what Nigerians think of them. They know the horrible place they occupy in the hearts of Nigerians who are still smarting from the vicious liabilities of the PDP era. They know that even as they try to take chance with Nigerians’ memories that everybody knows the ignoble role the PDP and Jonathan played in this country. They know that Nigerians know the hefty cost, the wasted opportunities and the missed chances we incurred when Jonathan and his men were vandalizing the country to the bones. They know that Nigerians know that Nigeria would have become great if we had an accountable leadership that utilized well the close to N100 trillion oil earnings, the hefty $64 billion foreign reserves, the $12 billion Excess Crude Account which Jonathan and cronies looted and ran Nigeria into recession. Perhaps with the exception of Venezuela, no other major oil producer ran into the kind of storm Jonathan and co ran Nigeria such that when oil prices crashed as President Buhari was taking over, every other oil rich country dipped into its rich savings to mitigate the effects. For Nigeria, everything was stolen; courtesy of Jonathan and co who ‘didn’t plug all loopholes of corruption’. Pray which one did Jonathan plug? Nigeria is where we are today because Jonathan and his lickspittles where were his exclusive cheerleaders as he makes his naked dance, ate our yesterday, our today and our tomorrow when bizarre stealing replaced statecraft. However, if PDP feels Nigerians have forgotten where the present rain started beating them, they have a huge opportunity to stage a referendum of the Jonathan regime. This they will do by presenting him for the 2019 presidential contest. Yes, if they believe in the lie they told themselves and those whose senses they have looted that Jonathan did very well, let them put Jonathan on their ballot for 2019. Not that it matters who they present for 2019 but putting Jonathan on the ballot will help them get a clearer picture of how Nigerians feel about the regime vis-à-vis the present regime. Jonathan should spare what remains of his saliva and throw his hat into the ring if he and what remains of PDP believes in the lies they regurgitate to themselves that he did well in power. Let the PDP simply exhume Goodluck Jonathan and present him to Nigerians on its 2019 ticket as the best they have for the presidency on the mantra that he did so well for the six years he was here and let Nigerians vote, if in real terms they have forgotten the lessons of March 28, 2015. That is the best way to walk one’s talk than indulging in self-delusive revelry of futile creation which Jonathan and his hirelings have made their favorite pastimes, since they were dismissed from power. Peter Claver Oparah writes from Ikeja, Lagos. You can reach him at peterclaver2000@yahoo.com
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by Chikelue2000(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
fastgyal:
morning dear
wish I can see u one day
Re: GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda by jamace(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2018
The APC Propaganda bug has caught Osibanjo. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action / Femi Fani-Kayode formally Registers With The APC (pictures) / Bola Tinubu Visits Gombe State In Company Of Ganduje, Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.