Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,110 members, 7,849,464 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:04 PM

Urgent Decision - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Urgent Decision (760 Views)

Am I Taking The Right Decision To Love This Girl? / Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? / Urgent Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Decision by megakom: 1:48am On Aug 15, 2017
I'm going to try to summarise this as much as I can,because I'm in a dilemma and I don't know what to do or who to turn to for the best advice. I met this guy about four years ago and we started dating while I was still in school, the guy is a good guy and a husband material, we love each other so much, in fact there are somethings that the guy did and I concluded that he really loves me, we started having sex 2years into the relationship... Finally, he proposed last year and I was so happy and I said yes(its not like I wasn't expecting him to propose), so when I told my family about him, a good number of them refused because the young man is from a different tribe from mine and I guess because I am the last child.. Mind you the guy is ready for marriage but my family has been causing the delay so we have been meeting with pastors and neutral bodies to help us intervene in the issue.... Fast forward to this week I discovered that my guy has been cheating on me for less than a month now and when I confronted him about it he didn't deny, in fact he's feeling bad because it's actually the first time such thing is happening to him (I'm sure of that) and he feels so dirty,guilty and has lost his pride, he's even finding it difficult to face me and told me he will accept whatever punishment I choose to give him but guys I'm so confused cause I don't know what to do, should I break the engagement? Because it's really going to be difficult for me, should I forgive him? And if I forgive him what's the assurance that he won't do it again even in marriage?? Please you guys should advice me
Re: Urgent Decision by Prognose: 1:57am On Aug 15, 2017
All men cheat.

They will come and deny it. But it's the sad truth. It's only those that are caught that are labelled 'bad'.

If you had never caught him you would have been swearing that he is the sweetest most romantic guy ever.

You can forgive him, knowing that one day, 10 or 20 or 30yrs from now he will cheat again.

Or you can walk away from this relationship believeing that the next guy can never cheat on you. Lol.

Experience is always the best teacher. As you grow older you'll get wiser.

Personally I think if you want to break up with him the reason should be because your family is not in support. Entering a marriage in which your family is not in support is tough. It may look romantic now, you and him against the world, blah blah, but when the love scales falls from your eyes and you get to see the nitty gritty of each other.... Hmm. It can be tough.

Whatever choice you make will be the right one. Cheers.
Re: Urgent Decision by megakom: 2:08am On Aug 15, 2017
Funny enough I spoke with the lady he cheated on me with and she confessed that there was no strings attached and she even advised me to forgive him because he's a good guy and loves me so much, that he always talk about me and bla bla bla.... We are almost at the verge of my people agreeing I don't know how this just raised its ugly head
Re: Urgent Decision by Prognose: 2:19am On Aug 15, 2017
If you can forgive him, forgive him. If you can't then let him go.

Think of all the good times you've had and see if this bad thing he has done cancels all that out. If it does then walk away. If not, well, then u have a big heart.

All men cheat. At least once in their lives. Good men, bad men, Nigerian men, American men, priests, bankers, pastors, lawyers. Some cheat more than others. Some throw it blatantly in your face, others are experts in hiding it. I have learned not to judge.

They'll probably chew my head off when they wake up, but that's the fact.

Anyway. Sleep on the matter. Make your decision by yourself and with a clear head before coming back to your thread later this morning.

Good night.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Decision by OgaApollos: 3:13am On Aug 15, 2017
U sound like you already know what to do but just want justification to do it. Oya, forgive him, move on. Don't always be quick to run out of serious relationship, u don't know what the next guy will be made up of.
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 15, 2017
Ask yourself if you are ready to get married to a cheat.

once a cheat always a cheat

treatment of std's are very expensive.

Even the emotional trauma Is something else.

A man that can actively pursue a sexual relationship with another woman is not worth your time or space.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 15, 2017
Most men and boys I know 90% of them cheats
Including my dad
I'm just too different smiley
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 15, 2017
I'm not sure I can marry a guy that cheats.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 15, 2017
megakom:
I'm going to try to summarise this as much as I can,because I'm in a dilemma and I don't know what to do or who to turn to for the best advice. I met this guy about four years ago and we started dating while I was still in school, the guy is a good guy and a husband material, we love each other so much, in fact there are somethings that the guy did and I concluded that he really loves me, we started having sex 2years into the relationship... Finally, he proposed last year and I was so happy and I said yes(its not like I wasn't expecting him to propose), so when I told my family about him, a good number of them refused because the young man is from a different tribe from mine and I guess because I am the last child.. Mind you the guy is ready for marriage but my family has been causing the delay so we have been meeting with pastors and neutral bodies to help us intervene in the issue.... Fast forward to this week I discovered that my guy has been cheating on me for less than a month now and when I confronted him about it he didn't deny, in fact he's feeling bad because it's actually the first time such thing is happening to him (I'm sure of that) and he feels so dirty,guilty and has lost his pride, he's even finding it difficult to face me and told me he will accept whatever punishment I choose to give him but guys I'm so confused cause I don't know what to do, should I break the engagement? Because it's really going to be difficult for me, should I forgive him? And if I forgive him what's the assurance that he won't do it again even in marriage?? Please you guys should advice me
Is it that ur parents didn't know u were dating this guy and told u from start that u can't marry him? These families carry out investigation into families they want to b joined into by marriage, so some might refuse consent because of negative findings. As for d cheating, forgive him.
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2017
Evaberry:

A man that can actively pursue a sexual relationship with another woman is not worth your time or space.
I know you will deny but in the realm of the spirit, few years ago, you slept with a guy called peter, he is late now. "so dnt come here and start forming holy. i can see your past like youtube videos right now.
Re: Urgent Decision by megakom: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2017
Nma27:
Is it that ur parents didn't know u were dating this guy and told u from start that u can't marry him? These families carry out investigation into families they want to b joined into by marriage, so some might refuse consent because of negative findings. As for d cheating, forgive him.

I told them about him at a point in the relationship but they thought I was not serious or they thought the relationship was not serious, it's been over 2years I told them,i never knew they were so realistic especially my mum...
My dad is very open to the issue but and I have the support of just one of my siblings, the others are indifferent while the eldest is trying to be in control
Re: Urgent Decision by megakom: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2017
Nma27:

It is purely tribalistic, they didn't carry out any investigation
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2017
megakom:

I told them about him at a point in the relationship but they thought I was not serious or they thought the relationship was not serious, it's been over 2years I told them,i never knew they were so realistic especially my mum...
My dad is very open to the issue but and I have the support of just one of my siblings, the others are indifferent while the eldest is trying to be in control
Your family blessings matters. U could go ahead like dem westerners and elope
Re: Urgent Decision by megakom: 7:30am On Aug 15, 2017
Nma27:
Your family blessings matters. U could go ahead like dem westerners and elope

I'll surely get their blessings, I'm trying to get my father to my side, because I know once my dad agrees the others will tag along but I'm just worried about him, though I know he totally regrets it but I don't want such thing to repeat itself again
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 15, 2017
megakom:

I'll surely get their blessings, I'm trying to get my father to my side, because I know once my dad agrees the others will tag along but I'm just worried about him, though I know he totally regrets it but I don't want such thing to repeat itself again
I don't see anything stopping him from cheating perhaps when u are heavily pregnant. Its best not to dwell on it. You are lucky he's sorely sorry for d act.
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2017
Evaberry:

and how the fvck did you come to that conclusion @bolded

and sorry for saying this but i sense strong hatred for guys from you (guys who are cheats especialy)........

You must have come across alot to feel this way...........................

And ermmm op you said its his first time and he feels extremely guilty abi plus he loves you very much and even confessed to you......

I wouldnt directly tell you to go back to him but i want you to consider the above things and if you ever decide to forgive him persuade him to promise to never cheat again

plus ermm how many times did he cheat with the other lady?

If its more than 2-3 times flee from him o shocked shocked
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 15, 2017
Nma27:
I don't see anything stopping him from cheating perhaps when u are heavily pregnant. Its best not to dwell on it. You are lucky he's sorely sorry for d act.

na wa for all these girls o undecided

why y'all bringing up the negative shiiii only

una want make she leave the guy con become single again like most ladies eh?

Na wah o
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2017
thepussyhunter:

na wa for all these girls o undecided

why y'all bringing up the negative shiiii only

una want make she leave the guy con become single again like most ladies eh?

Na wah o
Realism has nofin to do with negative shii. She won't leave d guy. No one is perfect.
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 15, 2017
Nma27:
Realism has nofin to do with negative shii. She won't leave d guy. No one is perfect.

i see little "realism" in all the comments of the ladies in this post

y'all brought up the negative shiiii only.............castigating the man like thats what the lady needs right now

one said once a cheat always a cheat

another one brought up fear of him already contacting stds and prbabaly transfering it to her

yet another lady said all men are cheats

and now you saying he might cheat on her again perharps when she pregnant

what do you want the lady to think atfer reading these comments huh?

And yeah you right......no one is perfect!!
Re: Urgent Decision by megakom: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2017
L
thepussyhunter:

and how the fvck did you come to that conclusion @bolded

and sorry for saying this but i sense strong hatred for guys from you (guys who are cheats especialy)........

You must have come across alot to feel this way...........................

And ermmm op you said its his first time and he feels extremely guilty abi plus he loves you very much and even confessed to you......

I wouldnt directly tell you to go back to him but i want you to consider the above things and if you ever decide to forgive him persuade him to promise to never cheat again

plus ermm how many times did he cheat with the other lady?

If its more than 2-3 times flee from him o shocked shocked

This is the very first time he has ever cheated and he even confessed that the lady is not even half of what I am and she's a divorcee with two kids....
Re: Urgent Decision by MrCork: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2017
megakom:

..is this summmmary? angry
Re: Urgent Decision by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2017
megakom:
L

This is the very first time he has ever cheated and he even confessed that the lady is not even half of what I am and she's a divorcee with two kids....

well there you have it

dude's inlove with you smiley

all the same sha just follow your heart and good luck

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Your First Crush??? / Brothel Buys 2nd Sex Doll To Satisfy Customers’ New Preferences (picture) / Watch Small Doctor Masturbation On Snapchat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.