Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

My Boss May Be Hiding Something - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss May Be Hiding Something (24555 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Ejadike(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2017
Mynd44:

It has a leader who is not questioned and you are all subjected to obeying him

Certain parts of it is illegal

Carries out specific religious rites

Cult by definition. Does that make it bad? Not necessarily
So what you said is how the Catholic Church is a cult ba?
At the bolder, i think it's not only in the Catholic Church that there leaders are obeyed, it's in almost all churches. And what part of the church is illegal?
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Mynd44: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2017
Ejadike:
So what you said is how the Catholic Church is a cult ba?
At the bolder, i think it's not only in the Catholic Church that there leaders are obeyed, it's in almost all churches. And what part of the church is illegal?
Where did I say it is illegal.

I said by definition, the Catholic church is a cult, does that make it illegal? No
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by NickD(m): 11:49am On Aug 16, 2017
Mynd44:

Aiye, Eye, are not cults, they are gangs. Just because the general Nigerian lexicon refers to them as cults does not mean it is correct.

Illuminati is a cult and it is not illegal or outlawed.
The Catholic church by definition is also a "cult" and is not illegal
The Ogboni is a cult not illegal.

If you dont want to get close to him, don't; you are there to work not make friends
The catholic church is not a cult say what u know.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by smartnero24(m): 11:50am On Aug 16, 2017
Don't concentrate on your job ooh keep looking for signs and you'll soon see one.

Hope it doesn't cost you your job tho.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by onegig(m): 11:52am On Aug 16, 2017
The only thing i find unsettling here is that you guys have to do a joint prayer in the morning.

Wtf? Like seriously? At the work place?

1 Like

Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by hotwax: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2017
onegig:
The only thing i find a unsettling is that you guys have to do a joint prayer in the morning?

Wtf? Like seriously? At the work place?

Most companies do.

In staff buses sef
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by ikp120(m): 11:56am On Aug 16, 2017
Mynd44:

Yes it is.
Bros you no get chill o. You just hurt his feelings. Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin

Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Mynd44: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2017
ikp120:
Bros you no get chill o. You just hurt his feelings. Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
I wonder why feelings will be hurt just cos I said the truth
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by onegig(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
hotwax:

Most companies do.

In staff buses sef

I find that hard to believe but i don't doubt that.

Why would they? Isn't religion a personal thing? What about people who believe in the other forms of gods or is a free thinker ? Do they get to lead prayers also?

We Nigerians take things a bit towards the extreme. Everyone should pray whatever they want to pray at home. Collective prayers at work is very discriminatory and maybe uncomfortable for some.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by ikp120(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
Mynd44:

He is probably a Catholic and will definitely feel hurt hearing someone call it a cult. Lol grin grin grin
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by goldedprince: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
i hpe he uses u for his next ritual since you no fit mind your biz. this is my problem with poor peasants. they read stupid meaning to everythimng
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Tellemall: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Mynd44:

Your truth simply attacks his definition of cult and tells him to mind his own business and talks about professionalism. In the Nigerian sense of the word, isn't he correct?

You could address his boss wearing unprofessional items such as his ring that is clearly not a fashion item since it has been recognized to belong to a sect/group. His choice of clothing is the same as a boss walking in with a political partys pin on his shirt. It's dumb.

As the OP pointed out, his response on an American forum is different. Probably because everyone there isn't trying to be condescending/sound wise with their "truth".

Nigerians need manners.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by ahamonyeka(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
Mynd44:

Aiye, Eye, are not cults, they are gangs. Just because the general Nigerian lexicon refers to them as cults does not mean it is correct.

If you dont want to get close to him, don't; you are there to work not make friends
I like your quote and av given you one like.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Emescot(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2017
hotwax:
My boss is somehow confusing. He is this churchy guy. Always quoting bible verses when talking. He leads prayers in the morning in our department. We even call him pastor.

He is a very nice man. When you have a problem, just approach him, your problem is half solved. He is the perfect boss any employee can dream of.

But the issue is. He always put on ring with illuminati insignia.
There is the shirt he put on most Fridays with the same symbol.
Is he camouflaging? Or Am I suspecting him wrongly

Op i have a boss like that too, maybe what he wears is a star of david, so that means he attends sabbath or he thinks of himself as a jew
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by mfm04622: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
BiggyBamBam:

Did you mean this or it was just a mistake?

It is not illegal
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Ten06(m): 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
Even the devil can preach the gospel
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by bennymark(m): 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
Every man to his God...!

really sad truth, every man should run his race with the hope of being responsible for the consequences of whatever actions we take. A close university mate of mine swore to visit the village to get enough power and open a church, he will be like a grand commander (of collecting returns) while someone else handles the pastoral position.

Alas, the OP's CONFESSION in CONFUSION is the CONCLUSION of his CONDITION

Alariwo2:

curiosity kills the cat..

Sadly the OP's fate is intertwined with whatever society his boss belongs to. I'm sure there are other top guys he isn't even suspecting. Sooner or later, he'll be left with no option than to join or resign at the peak of his career. #Sad truth

Even top pastors belong to these societies yet they preach and pray with numerous followers.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Mynd44: 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
Tellemall:

Your truth simply attacks his definition of cult and tells him to mind his own business and talks about professionalism. In the Nigerian sense of the word, isn't he correct?

You could address his boss wearing unprofessional items such as his ring that is clearly not a fashion item since it has been recognized to belong to a sect/group. His choice of clothing is the same as a boss walking in with a political partys pin on his shirt. It's dumb.

As the OP pointed out, his response on an American forum is different. Probably because everyone there isn't trying to be condescending/sound wise with their "truth".

Nigerians need manners.

But if he has a Bible on the table or wears a rosary it wont be a problem. You cant judge what is professional or not because if they have early morning prayers, that has thrown the doors opened for people to openly display their religiois affiliation.
What is the difference between whatever ring it is from a Redeem rubber wristband?

Plus what makes you think it is not a fashion ring?
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by leofab(f): 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
BiggyBamBam:

you are naive.. there is no difference between ogboni and Christianity.. a popular cult is called a religion while an unpopular religion is called a cult..
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Kobicove(m): 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
How is his religion your business?

You're in the office to do work!
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Agimor(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
Mynd44:

Kindly throw more light on Catholic church been occultic.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by gtrader: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
Quit the job if you are not comfortable with his ways. His religion is non of your business. Very simple!
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by solidman59(m): 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
Mynd44:

Who told you the Catholic Church is a cult?
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Digriz(m): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
leofab:
you are naive.. there is no difference between ogboni and Christianity.. a popular cult is called a religion while an unpopular religion is called a cult..
Are you with your right sense,,some peeps are selling sense here and you can contact them to buy one.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Inspire01: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
BiggyBamBam:

It's not a joke or a mistake, they have their own building in Benin and ogboni fraternity is boldly written on it
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by hotwax: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
Digriz:
Are you with your right sense,,some peeps are selling sense here and you can contact them to buy one.

Cult is known for secrecy. Religion is not secret. The guy is confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
Zeze06:
cry

If you think your boss is a cultist then he probably is....

Cultists have this aura that fills the atmosphere and makes it so tense...

I share your sentiments, when you see a man suddenly become so religious, preaching to every time he sees u, just be careful and watch closely.

There's a law firm I know where people die every three years through the same way....

One just died this year, am sure if he cared to ask this kinda questions, he would have known his boss was a strong member of *******

Be smart, its not all about being paid, stay alive first then you think of being paid....

My boss also is, I don't condemn him cos we may all be there someday...

1- yhur mistaking cultism for occultism different things.
2.a cultist and an occultist are too different things

cultism group of niggas coming together to form a group, mostly with a common cause.

occultism, a group of people spiritually inclined in spiritual science.

a cultist is a normal average everyday human being.

an occultist is far from average and normal.

an occultist carries a spiritual presence, their aura is usually thick and defensive, no matter how nice they seem, they look like they can always do yhu harm, or something mischievous about them.

a cultist is just normal, probably a person who CNT stand on his own, his strength come from his group.

1 Like

Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ejadike:
Tell me more please

One step at a time friend, one step at a time. When the student is ready, the master will appear.
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by double08(m): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
He is in the masonic order...probably the Grand Lodge of Scotland

1 Like

Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Lalas247(f): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
Bizibi:
a bad person can be nice to everyone, I've come across em even a Capone in a gang can be nice to everyone including the Jew guys in sch,sometimes one I've to be careful with people,don't get too close to em.....I've heard of a case were a guy got a job in abj from a nice wealthy guy,they allowed him to enjoy himself and one day he was invited to a party but he didn't know he was going to be initiated that day......

A guy can be good but once u notice something fishy about such persons just put that gap.
Yes but we need to learn that until that bad person attempt to do anything then till then just ignore
Look ... even murders have ppl who think they are saints and love them
So he may think he is a good guy aslong as he remains that way no issue
Re: My Boss May Be Hiding Something by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
hotwax:

Cult is known for secrecy. Religion is not secret. The guy is confused.

Having gone through this thread in its entirety, all I can say is we have people of very low reasoning and high emotions here.

Let's take it one after the other.

You say your boss is highly religious and leads prayers, well that does not make him a Saint, some people are passionate about praying, for two reasons, it makes them feel better, it makes them feel others think them better. Character and prayers alone does not make someone righteous. Obeying the word of God does. So your boss leading prayers does not make him righteous.

You also say he wears a ring with a certain crest on it, which you believe is cultic or occultic. A lot of things have different meanings to different people and different organizations, Symbols can stand for one thing to a religious organization and other thing to a criminal organization, unless that sign is patented, then can we be certain.

Finally the whole is part of the sum, keep observing, you might get more clues to make your heart feel at ease, but if you feel threatened, walk away, only he who is alive can have a payday.
I am not implying that your boss or anyone can use someone else destiny, am only saying, more mysterious things have happened.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria / Common Interview Questions And What They Mean / Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.