Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) (91040 Views)

Female Soldier Punishes Man For Wearing Camouflage / Lady Stripped Unclad Publicly For Allegedly Sleeping With Her Friend's Boyfriend / Lady Stripped And Beaten For Stealing Phone (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by hedonistic: 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
somehow:
I wear underwear camo and have never been manhandled but I don't make it visible because I respect the law. I am not for the stripping but I think an official punishment should be attached to this offense until we are ripe enough to allow it. Those who commit crime with it not just wear the full uniform, some do with just the shirt, some with just the trouser. Why wear it at all? Why are people not wearing cele uniform? Why aren't people wearing police uniform for fashion? Why aren't they wearing airforce or naval uniform for fashion? Infact why are people not wearing secondary school uniforms for fashion? Most wear camo to want to fly the 'military' swag. Don't wear it, its a law, until its repelled, don't!

Yet another bloody ignoramus. There are just too many of them here.

What is the difference between 'camo' and uniform? Have you seen anyone wearing the Army (or even the police or any other military/para-military) UNIFORM for fashion purposes?

If you can't research and understand this question (difference between 'camo' and uniform) in order to answer it correctly and cure your stupidity, then you must resign yourself to a lifetime of inanity.
Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by Expsbterror(m): 4:43am On Aug 19, 2017
Tunbolity:
From your comment, it seems you are one of the zombie soldiers. However, in order to educate you on the position of the law regarding this matter, soldiers do not have right to beat or harrass anyone for wearing military camouflag, what a soldier can do at most is to hand over such person to the police for prosecution. It is only an unlettered soldier or someone plagued by congenital defect in the brain that would raise his hand to beat people to compliance like an untethered mad dog. Take this message home to your illiterate colleagues in the Army for them to digest

Hey hey hey.... Timeout mehn timeout. Tooo much cursing, wey too much cursing.
Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by luluman: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2017
dayleke:

I rarely reply to people like you but I'm gonna make an exception.

Bro, can you even listen to yourself ?
It's this kind of mentality you are exhibiting that makes us look like Stone Age beings.
There is no argument that camo is for the military but it's not solely for them alone.
In a civilized world, soldiers are not found in the cities or towns, they are in their barracks or in the war front.
Naija soldiers are so idle that beating up civilians is no 1 on their list of things to do.
You talk without comprehension. I specified & made my point clear: I said military camo. Go back & read.You are free to use other types.If Nigerian Army orders camo for its Soldiers Will you , a civilian say because of civilisation use it? Better think straight.
Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by somehow: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
I never supported the stripping and shaming, only said legal punishment should be metted out.

Yes I wore it as underwear but that's like once or twice a year and have even given out the underwear so I no longer wear it.

Yes I broke the law by wearing it. In summary, until the law is repelled, those who wear it around are breaking the law.
MadCow1:

Let me just put it in context what your opening line meant.. I break the law (which is what you do when you wear camouflage material) but I hide to do it. grin grin grin And that is why I am saying you should not have to be made to hide to do something that isn't a real crime save for that ridiculous law.

Then you spoke of the Air force and Navy.. The Air force uniform is a shade of Blue and the Navy uniform is White. Like I pointed out in the first post, under that law and the way it is written and it's literal interpretation, wearing White Trousers, Air force Blue Trousers, Police Black trousers and Army Green Trousers are all illegal.

This is the legal provision to support my argument.. Sections 110 & 111 of the Nigerian Criminal Code Act, L.N. 112 of 1964, 1967 No. 27 states; “Any person who- Unlawfully wears the uniform of forces, etc. (1) not be­ing a person serving in any of the armed forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform or any part of the uni­form of such forces, or any of the armed dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of such uniforms.

“(2) not being a person holding any office or authority under the Government of Nige­ria or of any part thereof, wears any uniform or distinctive badge or mark or carries any token cal­culated to convey the impression that such person holds any office or authority under the govern­ment; is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for one month, or to a fine of ten naira, unless he proves that he had the permission of the President or of the Governor of a State or wear such uniform or dress, badge or mark or to carry such token: Provided that this section shall not apply to the wearing of any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play or in any bona fide public entertainment.”

Section 111 provides, “Any person who sells or gives any uniform, or part of any dress, badge or mark, as in the last pre­ceding section mentioned, to any person who is not authorised to wear the same, is guilty of an of­fence and is liable to the penalties prescribed in the said section.”

Section 251 of the Constitution also states; Any person who, not being a person serving in any of the armed or police forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform of any of these forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinc­tive marks of any such uniform, in such manner or in such circumstances as to be likely to bring contempt on that uniform, or employs any other person so to wear such uniform or dress, is guilty of a simple offence, and is liable to imprisonment for three months or to a fine of forty naira.”

Also pay attention to the fine and punishment for violating this law.. Says nothing about brutalising or stripping the person in public. So those soldiers broke the law as well. But I digress..

So basically, everybody wearing a Black trouser can be said to be wearing parts of the uniform of the Nigerian Police. Same for Green, White and Blue trousers. grin

Bro.. That Law is silly and needs to be redrafted. Even the fine is 40 Naira.. Shows you how old the law is. Impersonation should be the crime. Wearing camouflage material shouldnt. There is a very big difference between both. A Woman wearing an Iro and Bubba made of camouflage material can't be accused of impersonation and shouldn't.

You ask why wear it at all, I ask why Not?

You say what are people not wearing Celestial Church uniform, I say people wearing White Kaftans or Jalabia (pardon my spelling) can be argued to be doing so.. But that is of no consequence to this discussion. The problem isnt the uniform, the problem is the fabric. Stay on topic.

You say why are people not wearing Air force and Navy Uniforms, shows you don't fully appreciate the Camouflage thing because its actually a part of the uniform of the Police, Army, Air force and even the Navy. But again, it's not the uniform we are addressing, it's the general ban on the use of the fabric. Wearing the uniform of the Armed forces is impersonation, wearing a slim fitted camouflage jeans with a tee-shirt isn't. Again, there is a difference.

You talked of secondary school uniform.. A lot of people are dressed in the uniform of a secondary school somewhere in Nigeria as we speak. My secondary school wore a white shirt and Blue trousers. I know a secondary school that wore White shirt and black trousers. Should we ban that too? Or make those fabrics illegal to wear? But again let me clear something up to you, A Man wearing a White Shirt and Blue trousers is not impersonating anyone from my Alma mater. But the moment that person slaps on the BADGE of my school on the left breast pocket of that shirt, he immediately becomes an impersonator. Hope you understand it now.

On your closing argument.. That is why i am calling for the repeal and modification of that Law. And NO law has ever been changed in the history of mankind without someone willing to fight and even engage in some form of civil disobedience to achieve that.

Thanks.
Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by dayleke: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
luluman:
You talk without comprehension. I specified & made my point clear: I said military camo. Go back & read.You are free to use other types.If Nigerian Army orders camo for its Soldiers Will you , a civilian say because of civilisation use it? Better think straight.

And now for your mind, you have made sense,right?
This kind of aggressiveness can't get you anywhere in life "Mr Know it all".
Is there a "Civilian Camo?"
Cos you said "Military Camo".
Please which one is military Camo o?
A Camo is a Camo is a Camo my friend.
You win o.
But try not to be this aggressive in real life. Your comment is dripping with it.

Just my 2 kobo.
Peace out.
Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2017
MadCow1:

And that is the thing.. The problem isn't the uniform, the problem is the fact that the uniform is a tool for intimidation. That is what you should be fighting. Nobody wether in uniform or not should have the power to intimidate. That is like saying it's okay to be intimidated by an Officer not by those pretending to be one.

The Day you take away the intimidation from the uniform, it becomes just a uniform. The Army officer didn't strip that lady because she was intimidating or impersonating an officer, he did it because his Uniform gave him such powers.

you have too much sense for a madcow
Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by luluman: 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
dayleke:

And now for your mind, you have made sense,right?
This kind of aggressiveness can't get you anywhere in life "Mr Know it all".
Is there a "Civilian Camo?"
Cos you said "Military Camo".
Please which one is military Camo o?
A Camo is a Camo is a Camo my friend.
You win o.
But try not to be this aggressive in real life. Your comment is dripping with it.

Just my 2 kobo.
Peace out.
Just stay away from camouflage finish.There are several fabric you can buy & wear in the market.Wear Camo & I get you , you sleep inside gutter
Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by dacoza007(m): 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
Abeg who knows if ah fit enter in ibadan barracks to ask for help, naa ma padi confuse me to buy fone for iwo road,no b me get d money cos person sent me.... tuk say e know d person say if anything happens, make ah returnam, d fone no good n d person tuk say e want him won collect my money n dem dey play me say make ah take another. Abeg ah won go barracks but I don't know if theywill help or dey will torture me as naija soldier b....abegNaa yesterday matter n ah get receiptAdvise
Re: Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) by justbrains(m): 11:31pm On Feb 01, 2019
auntysimbiat:

WATCH THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTBiBZlu_h8

your boobs gave me a reason to keep living.... ..damn

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Temitope Adeyinka Wanted By British Police, £10,000 Bounty / Lady Murdered In A Hotel In Niger State (Disturbing Photo). / Man Kills Lady In Calabar, Uses Her Corpse To Cook Peppersoup For Sale (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.