Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,122 members, 7,953,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? (6272 Views)

Nothing Makes A Woman More Confused.... / Will Men Ever Get Sense? / How To Get A Woman More Attracted To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by SINZ: 8:32am On Aug 17, 2017
Gourdoinc:
lol. well that's true mehn. but they are our sisters and wives. let's tell them the truth. many will end up single and more bitter if we don't tell them. women aren't very smart people to ways of wisdom. it's a natural thing. their bad experiences brought up their issues. they must be taught that there is life afterwards. instead of hating on men and trying to get us to treat them like queens at same time

It is simple human nature to rebel in the face of oppression so I don't blame them. They probably didn't have it as good as other women did but that's not an excuse to take up arms against nature and God's natural order of things. People, feminists and other agitationists alike do not seem to realise that even the Grand architect (God) himself is not a fan of democracy. The kingdom of God is a monarchy. It reflects in his creations as well and the way our food-chain was set up. Some things will never change, no matter how much they try to twist them.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Gourdoinc(m): 8:33am On Aug 17, 2017
pocohantas:

If she wouldn't accept so many things from a man, how is that feminism? As long as the things she won't accept are not unnecessary, then I see no wrong in that. Women should take their time to go into marriage, especially in Nigeria.

She should stop looking for faults in her friends husbands and wish them well.

I have not noticed the emasculation of men around me, men are still very much men here. Male kids are not neglected here either.

You guys are worked up, though it's difficult to admit.

Sounds like fallacy. Majority of the ones I know are married. You're only fixated on the single ones because they satisfy your ideology.

A woman can't be single in peace in Nigeria, it has to be for some negative reason undecided
really so you haven't noticed the emasculation of men but apparently am sure you have seen In full view women rights abuse , how men don't give them jobs because they are women, how a female banker earns less than a male banker in same bank and cadre. how girl children are all hawkers and there are no male hawker children. how there are lots of scholarships for the boy child and many united nation initiatives to cater for the boy child. how men who are abused by their wives are called pussies and women abused by their husbands are termed victims. yet you haven't seen an emasculation of men nor denigration of the boy child

2 Likes

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Fearlez: 8:37am On Aug 17, 2017
The rise of feminism is the failure of men !!!

It's no coincidence that the rise of feminism coincided with the rise of babby mama, teenage pregnancy, teenage cultism and gangsterism.

Men abandoned their duty post and family and handed the baton of leadership to women who are never biologically equipped to lead.

It is heartbreaking to observe that men, the founder of human civilization, pioneers of technology and forebears of nations, tribes and custodians of culture, have become mute and quiet to a new civilisation...a civilisation of chaos , perversity and distortion.

It's only a civilisation produced by women that can create a boborisky. Women now pretend to be men, producing effeminate men who are confused about their gender and roles like the women who trained them.

It is the failure of men, not women, for humanity to be on this state of sexless humans with no direction or moral gauge.

4 Likes

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2017
Gourdoinc:
are u married and settled yet? do u have a boyfriend? let's assume u sha have a man as any reasonable lady out there should. how does he respond to ur feminist idealogy? is he comfortable or is he pretending because of the sex he gets which he doesn't wanna lose? food for thought when declaring yourself a feminist and yet want to be treated like a woman

You guys are clowns when it comes to this topic and I swore that I would never debate it with an African man in Africa. My man, my brother and most of the important men in my life are all feminists. As fathers they want equality for their children. As husbands they want equality for their wives. They don't see female empowerment as males emasculated. The world is changing and you need to change or be left behind.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Gourdoinc(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2017
Amarabae:
I am a proud and unapologetic feminist.
The world system is too masculine in terms of control and women need a voice.
We want to break that cycle and change the way the misogynist society want us to live and behave as women.
- Look at our political sphere, a woman must have to jump over the thorns set by men before she can have a voice in politics,
- we want to have a society where men will be comfortable to vote for a competent woman in a Presidential election in Nigeria.
- We want a society where a lady who is not interested in marriage will not be harassed verbally by men but rather her choice respected.
- We want a society where a woman will be free to be herself and not be as the masculine society want her to be.
- We want a society where the woman will no longer be seen as a weaker vessel.
And many more.
Feminism is not a war on men but rather a war on a misogynist society.
Ok?
pretty madam could you survive in a world where a woman isn't regarded as weaker sex? I pretty very much doubt it. war torn countries are good at not regarding women as weaker sex, go and ask the women there about the rights the have and how much abuse they cope with. who stops a woman from contesting in Nigeria, inec? or who. who stops a woman from being themselves in a masculine world, who does that. could you substantiate your claims with arguable facts and examples rather than vague statements. but note it, just like when men have to struggle in Lagos for bus with women, we take it abit easy with the women so they enter the bus. that's why a man who pushes a woman violently and enters In a typical Lagos madness. will be denigrated and abused by both women and men. yet you don't see all the benefits to being seen as weaker. having to get gifts and expect love from men while offering almost nothing but sex and smiles to them. think again hon

7 Likes

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Amarabae(f): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2017
Fearlez:

It's no coincidence that the rise of feminism coincided with the rise of babby mama, teenage pregnancy, teenage cultism and gangsterism.

Men abandoned their duty post and family and handed the baton of leadership to women who are never biologically equipped to lead.

It is heartbreaking to observe that men, the founder of human civilization, pioneers of technology and forebears of nations, tribes and custodians of culture, have become mute and quiet a new civilisation...a civilisation of chaos , perversity and distortion.

It's only a civilisation produced by women that can create a boborisky. Women now pretend to be men, producing effeminate men who are confused about their gender and roles like the women who trained them.

It is the failure of men, not women, for humanity to be on this state of sexless humans with no direction or moral gauge.
@bolded.
Are you joking? Look at Africa, since black men are ruling and leading it, why is it backward both pre and post colonial?
The black society is in a mess because the black man is failing the black community.
Accept your fault pls.
And who told you women can't raise men?
A single woman raised Ben caster the famous doctor and many others.
I am not promoting a broken home or single parenting but to tell you that women can raise A Full Successful MAN.
Ok?
Feminism is not a Man vs Woman concept but rather a movement to empower women.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by pocohantas(f): 8:45am On Aug 17, 2017
Gourdoinc:
really so you haven't noticed the emasculation of men but apparently am sure you have seen In full view women rights abuse , how men don't give them jobs because they are women, how a female banker earns less than a male banker in same bank and cadre. how girl children are all hawkers and there are no male hawker children. how there are lots of scholarships for the boy child and many united nation initiatives to cater for the boy child. how men who are abused by their wives are called pussies and women abused by their husbands are termed victims. yet you haven't seen an emasculation of men nor denigration of the boy child

When Freeze or whatever he is called was beaten by his wife, it was you men that insulted him most. Male comedians made lots of jokes out of it.

A thread on a 17yrs old boy that was deceived into cohabiting and impregnating an older woman. I had a hard time explaining to your fellow men, that she is guilty of statutory rape, while they insisted he was enjoying older nunu.

Another man was raped, it was still men wishing women could come rape them. They trivialised the issue.

The only time I see them foaming in the mouth is when they wanna call on feminist to come comment on such topic. You men are the ones that set standard of who is a weak man or not. You men are the ones that deride your fellow men for not meeting up with the set alpha-male standard. Feminism didn't do that.

I notice all of sorts of abuse and I am intolerant of all.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Gourdoinc(m): 8:47am On Aug 17, 2017
Dimples129:

You guys are clowns when it comes to this topic and I swore that I would never debate it with an African man in Africa. My man, my brother and most of the important men in my life are all feminists. As fathers they want equality for their children. As husbands they want equality for their wives. They don't see female empowerment as males emasculated. The world is changing and you need to change or be left behind.
sorry but do these men you describe have a similarity with bobrisky or his likes. no real man wants equality between his children. I want my sons to treat women softly because they are women and special creatures. glass and wood aren't the same. one can be handled roughly and the other lightly because it's delicate . I want my sons to see women as glass, to love and cherish. nothing to be played with so it doesn't break. if they were all equals. my daughters will be dead in 10years. from being treated, slapped, roughhoused and battered like a man.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Amarabae(f): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2017
Gourdoinc:
pretty madam could you survive in a world where a woman isn't regarded as weaker sex? I pretty very much doubt it. war torn countries are good at not regarding women as weaker sex, go and ask the women there about the rights the have and how much abuse they cope with. who stops a woman from contesting in Nigeria, inec? or who. who stops a woman from being themselves in a masculine world, who does that. could you substantiate your claims with arguable facts and examples rather than vague statements. but note it, just like when men have to struggle in Lagos for bus with women, we take it abit easy with the women so they enter the bus. that's why a man who pushes a woman violently and enters In a typical Lagos madness. will be denigrated and abused by both women and men. yet you don't see all the benefits to being seen as weaker. having to get gifts and expect love from men while offering almost nothing but sex and smiles to them. think again hon
you are seeing it from another angle.
We are first human being before being a man or woman.
You should not see a woman as a weak vessel because she is a woman, thats insulting.
If you carry that mentality, you will end up antagonising women because of a leadership position because of it.
Feminism is not asking for a favour but rather a platform of opportunity for women to have a firm voice.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Gourdoinc(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2017
pocohantas:

When Freeze or whatever he is called was beaten by his wife, it was you men that insulted him most. Male comedians made lots of jokes out of it.

A thread on a 17yrs old boy that was deceived into cohabiting and impregnating an older woman. I had a hard time explaining to your fellow men, that she is guilty of statutory rape, while they insisted he was enjoying older nunu.

Another man was raped, it was still men wishing women could come rape them. They trivialised the issue.

The only time I see them foaming in the mouth is when they wanna call on feminist to come comment on such topic. You men are the ones that set standard of who is a weak man or not. You men are the ones that deride your fellow men for not meeting up with the set alpha-male standard. Feminism didn't do that.

I notice all of sorts of abuse and I am intolerant of all.
men abuse the man is all part of the male shaming agenda. arguing about how is he abused will get women thinking u a weakling. go on all such threads about what u described and u won't find even one woman defending the man. men follow suit to do that because they don't want to appear emotional or act like pussies. they rather want women accepetnace and that's why alot will wanna agree with the female view on such matters.

feminism by the way did that, because long before that, the abused man should stand up for himself, but nowadays it's even difficult to know what is expected from a man with so many expectations. so many abuse and restrictions. so many unfair judgements. feminism taught our women that it's possible to eat their cakes and still have it. that's why she will fight her man, get knocked out, be the first to post a bloody video and cry blue murder. and all you will hear is, no matter what she has done, you have no right to beat her.

but same doesn't apply between two women. if u do certain things to a fellow woman, she will beat u mercilessly, and nothing will happen. how come with a man, you hear she must be ignored, forgiven and never beaten. yet you don't see a double standard and favours the women which feminism ignores while seeking more powers and abuse of men

1 Like

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 17, 2017
Fearlez:

It is heartbreaking to observe that men, the founder of human civilization, pioneers of technology and forebears of nations, tribes and custodians of culture, have become mute and quiet a new civilisation...a civilisation of chaos , perversity and distortion.

I can't believe you would say that! So it's not sex starved men who can't control their genitals! (Let alone control a family or a country ) that break their homes? The same men producing baby mamas? Same men who can't think past their sex organs? The days of running the world is coming to an end so... Men can no longer be men that's the cause of this sexually charged generations. Men are boys until death and they hid behind force, fear, and violence and last but not least blaming others before taking responsibility.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2017
Gourdoinc:
sorry but do these men you describe have a similarity with bobrisky or his likes. no real man wants equality between his children. I want my sons to treat women softly because they are women and special creatures. glass and wood aren't the same. one can be handled roughly and the other lightly because it's delicate . I want my sons to see women as glass, to love and cherish. nothing to be played with so it doesn't break. if they were all equals. my daughters will be dead in 10years. from being treated, slapped, roughhoused and battered like a man.

You're mind is too closed up to understand and I have no intention of trying to help you understand. Women are not those things you mentioned. If that's what you want to teach your children, fine but that's not what I want to teach mine. My daughter is herself, not part of some cult that walks and talks the same way and act the same way. She is an individual and she is STRONG physically and emotionally. You talk about people fighting lol. A gun has no gender by the way.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Gourdoinc(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2017
Amarabae:
you are seeing it from another angle.
We are first human being before being a man or woman.
You should not see a woman as a weak vessel because she is a woman, thats insulting.
If you carry that mentality, you will end up antagonising women because of a leadership position because of it.
Feminism is not asking for a favour but rather a platform of opportunity for women to have a firm voice.
pretty one, it's self deceptive to say women aren't the weaker vessels. they are. in all truth and must be enjoyed and respected as such. being a weaker vessel doesn't mean being less than men. I love my mum more than the whole world, does it mean I hate my dad? I doubt that. look at in sports. Serena Williams is a great tennis player and capable of beating many men including me In tennis. but I doubt she is as good as the best tennis male player. does that make her inferior? not all all. she isn't up to the man of course and will be beaten blue black. but she is still an excellent tennis player. being less than a man isn't such a bad thing, a wrong complex makes it seem so. banks and organizations want women in their work force, not because they expect them to have sex with their customers, but female presence melts hearts and drives resolve. why didn't they employ men despite the fact men could offer better sevices.

women are women, weaker than men, but not inferior to men and no where is a woman presented thus. as an igbo girl, who has more value in ur village. umuada or ummunna. ask around and see. and that alone is even traditional African culture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Gourdoinc(m): 9:04am On Aug 17, 2017
Dimples129:

You're mind is too closed up to understand and I have no intention of trying to help you understand. Women are not those things you mentioned. If that's what you want to teach your children, fine but that's not what I want to teach mine. My daughter is herself, not part of some cult that walks and talks the same way and act the same way. She is an individual and she is STRONG physically and emotionally. You talk about people fighting lol. A gun has no gender by the way.
read about war torn countries and find out about the position of women in those places. with two guns to ur hands and one in mine. you won't stand a chance. so never pray for such a culture. even in the west, despite the feminism nonsense, they have used the law to protect themselves. because without that, our dear women will be extinct.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by pocohantas(f): 9:07am On Aug 17, 2017
Gourdoinc:
men abuse the man is all part of the male shaming agenda. arguing about how is he abused will get women thinking u a weakling. go on all such threads about what u described and u won't find even one woman defending the man. men follow suit to do that because they don't want to appear emotional or act like pussies. they rather want women accepetnace and that's why alot will wanna agree with the female view on such matters.

feminism by the way did that, because long before that, the abused man should stand up for himself, but nowadays it's even difficult to know what is expected from a man with so many expectations. so many abuse and restrictions. so many unfair judgements. feminism taught our women that it's possible to eat their cakes and still have it. that's why she will fight her man, get knocked out, be the first to post a bloody video and cry blue murder. and all you will hear is, no matter what she has done, you have no right to beat her.

but same doesn't apply between two women. if u do certain things to a fellow woman, she will beat u mercilessly, and nothing will happen. how come with a man, you hear she must be ignored, forgiven and never beaten. yet you don't see a double standard and favours the women which feminism ignores while seeking more powers and abuse of men

It's common sense not to hit a fellow human. Sadly, lots of Nigerian lack common sense.

Men have been eating their cakes and having it for years. Why don't you see the double standards that favour men? You guys fighting against feminism and the radical feminist are all selfish. May the best team win... grin
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Gourdoinc(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2017
pocohantas:

It's common sense not to hit a fellow human. Sadly, lots of Nigerian lack common sense.

Men have been eating their cakes and having it for years. Why don't you see the double standards that favour men? You guys fighting against feminism and the radical feminist are all selfish. May the best team win... grin
at any time in history, if u mention any way men eat their cakes and have it, I will mention ways women eat their cakes and have it. thus there has always been a status quo. who then is rocking the boat if not women with the feminist agenda. let me ask you truthfully. and answer honestly. we all know actions and reactions are equal and opposite. if we start a manist agenda. one which actively promotes the rights of men just similarly to the female. what will happen to society. we will have women and men at loggerheads, no marriage, no cooperation and finally when we men are tired of having Konji kills us, we will invade ur community and enslave you all for our sexual pleasure. then all women rights will return to prehistoric times when brawn and valour no longer common sense and decorum held sway. would you like that? or don't you see a man power group coming up soon? I have sisters, a loving wife daughters , a loving mum and pretty female friends who I care about their future that's why I blab. I personally have never and don't even waste my love, time or attention on a feminized female.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by mikolo80: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2017
Amarabae:
I am a proud and unapologetic feminist.
The world system is too masculine in terms of control and women need a voice.

Jezebel Delilah Jackie Hillary Sheba
Used their feminine wiles to control shiht

We want to break that cycle and change the way the misogynist society want us to live and behave as women.

No you don'
You want the cycle broken by men for you.
Y'all ain't willing to do shiht
besides ranting online and going topless at rallies

- Look at our political sphere, a woman must have to jump over the thorns set by men before she can have a voice in politics,
Name the thorns. Wey dem. How many are they

- we want to have a society where men will be comfortable to vote for a competent woman in a Presidential election in Nigeria.
We already are. Point the competent ones besides akunyili.
And be ready to defend it

- We want a society where a lady who is not interested in marriage will not be harassed verbally by men but rather her choice respected.
Nobody harass women who are truly not interested (besides rapists o, those ones are on their own and should be castrated)

- We want a society where a woman will be free to be herself and not be as the masculine society want her to be.

Stop dreaming
Guys are masculine cos women demand it yet you don't want any demands on you. Get serious or block your ears

- We want a society where the woman will no longer be seen as a weaker vessel.
Go and tell nature that or go transgender

And many more.
Feminism is not a war on men but rather a war on a misogynist society.
Ok?
[/quote] feminism is a war on men. You just don't know it yet

[quote]

2 Likes

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2017
Dimples129:
Feminism and naija grin grin grin

Long live feminism cool

If they fought the white man the way they fight female rights ,Jamaica wouldn't exist angry

grin
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by pocohantas(f): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2017
Gourdoinc:
at any time in history, if u mention any way men eat their cakes and have it, I will mention ways women eat their cakes and have it. thus there has always been a status quo. who then is rocking the boat if not women with the feminist agenda. let me ask you truthfully. and answer honestly. we all know actions and reactions are equal and opposite. if we start a manist agenda. one which actively promotes the rights of men just similarly to the female. what will happen to society. we will have women and men at loggerheads, no marriage, no cooperation and finally when we men are tired of having Konji kills us, we will invade ur community and enslave you all for our sexual pleasure. then all women rights will return to prehistoric times when brawn and valour no longer common sense and decorum held sway. would you like that? or don't you see a man power group coming up soon? I have sisters, a loving wife daughters , a loving mum and pretty female friends who I care about their future that's why I blab. I personally have never and don't even waste my love, time or attention on a feminized female.

Lots of you men see nothing wrong in claiming superior to women, then you are crying because women say they are equal, not superior o. Haba... you guys should strike a balance na grin grin

Go for the unfeminised female then. It's that simple... wink
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Fearlez: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2017
Dimples129:

I can't believe you would say that! So it's not sex starved men who can't control their genitals! (Let alone control a family or a country ) that break their homes? The same men producing baby mamas? Same men who can't think past their sex organs? The days of running the world is coming to an end so... Men can no longer be men that's the cause of this sexually charged generations. Men are boys until death and they hid behind force, fear, and violence and last but not least blaming others before taking responsibility.

Amarabae:
@bolded.
Are you joking? Look at Africa, since black men are ruling and leading it, why is it backward both pre and post colonial?
The black society is in a mess because the black man is failing the black community.
Accept your fault pls.
And who told you women can't raise men?
A single woman raised Ben caster the famous doctor and many others.
I am not promoting a broken home or single parenting but to tell you that women can raise A Full Successful MAN.
Ok?
Feminism is not a Man vs Woman concept but rather a movement to empower women.

I think the both of you read my post with emotions than reason. ( Basic woman instinct there)

Let me state without the effort of pretence that men are born leaders, evolutionarily designed and biologically equipped by God through nature.

This evolutionary right bequeathed to men for leadership of the entire human race is for better for worse! It cannot be wished away or denied by legislative fiat or social fad or academic ideology.

@ Amarabae, Africa is the pioneer of modern technology on which the West founded today's technology. And women of the West never pioneered any technology or culture at any point in western history.

I blame feminism on men who allowed women ursup and distort the order of society.

Women are no more denied what feminism is "fighting" for. Only in Africa would you find women (as yourself) oblivious to what feminism really stands for.

*You may want to explain to me why feminist are advocating for alternative penile sex

* Why bills are being lobbied by this group to compelling male to genuflect while peeing

* Why laws are being sought to deny male infants the right to male toys

* Why feminist groups are forcing women to abandon humanity and social courses in high school and go for STEM courses

* Why this same group are shaming housewives who just want to be house wives

You're right, it's not man Vs woman. It's good Vs evil.
Feminism Vs humanity.

And the shemales are already losing big time.

Just see how women lifespan has fallen over the years and their reproductive health has greatly depleted. Women now hitting menopause as young as 30s!!! embarassed

It's a lost course.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Gourdoinc(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Lots of you men see nothing wrong in claiming superior to women, then you are crying because women say they are equal, not superior o. Haba... you guys should strike a balance na grin grin

Go for the unfeminised female then. It's that simple... wink
I already have done that, but to your own statement. please name one area in life on equal footing you stand an advantage to men. not even In one area. must I mention the superiority before it is known as fact? ratger the question is why don't you accept the fact that men are far superior to women. especially with all the facts around you. women who have made it more than men used their feminity and female allure (not sex) to enable her talents to be noticed. in a basic institution today, a woman with a first class has a better chance to be employed than a man with a first class. what created that difference. if not a focus on her female allure
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by Donchyke007(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2017
In my opinion, men have always been superior to women from the very beginning. God made it so and there is no way it can change no matter how the nowadays "feminists" advocate. In terms of human rights, both genders can always be placed on the same pedestal as I believe women should share those fundamentals just as their male counterparts. I've had my own personal relationship experiences with feminist which I wouldn't want to expantiate on but I tell you they weren't too nice of a story to tell. I feel more women in this century are gradually losing their values and so a lot of them are hiding under the "feminist" umbrella to cover-up for their shortcomings. I think a lot of feminists are deviating from the cause and its seriously affecting our societies at large. A lot of marriages today are failing just because women refuse to submit themselves. I think we as humans need better orientation on this issue. Starting from teaching our kids from their young ages. We need to preach love, equity and peace. In as much as a man has been ordained by God to head shouldn't give us the leverage to treat women unfairly. Women are very delicate and should be treated with utmost care and respect. Women need to redefine this cause as I feel the evil entities are gradually manipulating it to our detriment. No man loves a woman who doesn't recognize and respect his superiority. That said, a real man is that who equally accords a woman her due respect and treats her like a queen. May God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by pocohantas(f): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2017
Gourdoinc:
I already have done that, but to your own statement. please name one area in life on equal footing you stand an advantage to men. not even In one area. must I mention the superiority before it is known as fact? ratger the question is why don't you accept the fact that men are far superior to women. especially with all the facts around you. women who have made it more than men used their feminity and female allure (not sex) to enable her talents to be noticed. in a basic institution today, a woman with a first class has a better chance to be employed than a man with a first class. what created that difference. if not a focus on her female allure

The only time you guys agree women are getting employed is when it suits your argument...other times, women are jobless parasites grin

You're definitely not stronger than those female body-builders, and you are a man. Neither are you superior to Alakija in any standing. You can't endure labour pains, but women go through it and they haven't claimed to be stronger than men. So, calm your nerves...this isn't about me or you.

All humans are equal. If you have to claim superiority to any human, you must earn it...be you male or female. At this point, I rather watch paint dry...bye.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by GiantParrot(m): 10:22am On Aug 17, 2017
Let me first derail a bit with some general statements.

The fight for equal rights and equal opportunity for ALL is a worthy cause.

The struggle for equal representation or equality of outcome for different demographics will always be counterproductive because it is not focused on the just treatment of the individual, but employs the very divisive tools of identity politics. Forced make-believe equality is the product of discrimination by identity, usually a form of reverse discrimination that punishes individuals for the success of others in the same demographics. Attempting to correct cases of historical or present discrimination against certain groups via reverse discrimination is the classic case of trying to correct a wrong using another wrong. It is a strategy that unwittingly provides legitimacy to discrimination. A legitimacy that humans in their selfishness will surely use to their benefit. All forms of discrimination are morally and legally wrong. The fight for special rights and privileges for those who identify as women, blacks or other minority groups is self evidently a fight for discrimination, and guess what, discrimination ALWAYS sows seeds of discord wherever it is tried.

Back to the crux of the thread, there is evidence that feminism may not have benefited women as they thought it would:

1. It uses pressure and shaming tactics to rob many women of the freedom of choice.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2324926/Majority-British-women-pick-housewife-having-career.html

2. There are increasing cases of female depression and suicides in the western world
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1098023
http://www.nber.org/papers/w14969

3. Expectedly, men advocacy groups are springing up all over the western world (a voice for men, MGTOW) in response to the anti-male legacies of feminism ( legacies such as the obvious male discrimination in the divorce courts).

A thought that has always bothered me is, if I have to request for equality despite the fact that I have equal rights as someone else, am I not admitting I am inherently unequal? Since I need some special external force to make me equal. Or maybe it's just that I envy and covet a status position created by some men, and I will do anything to get there, even if that entails discriminatory policies that work in my favour. After all no one asks for equal gender representation in seemingly low status jobs like plumbing, auto mechanics, electricians, etc.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by pocohantas(f): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
HumanistMike:

If you feel men are not emasculated, read this my piece.

https://www.nairaland.com/3487643/response-rmd-plight-boy-child

I didn't read your piece. The men around me are not emasculated. If you strongly feel they are, fight for yourselves...men are the ones in power.
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by pocohantas(f): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
HumanistMike:

Of course you didn't read it. Feminists don't read.

The few that do read react to logic the same way vampires react to sunlight.

Typical...they resort to giving you tags when they're not having their way grin grin

I eventually read it, no difference between it and the sentiments feminism is also known for. There is nothing special in your piece that can't be twisted to get the female perspective.

For years, we saw Ekaette the house girl that was maltreated and sometimes sexually abused by Oga. I have seen lots of movies with female imbeciles. Slutshaming is also used to correct the girl child. So, my dear... there is no difference between you and the feminists you're against. May the best team win...
Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by pocohantas(f): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
HumanistMike:

I knew you'd finally read it. Feminists or their wannabes are very predictable. Just call them out on their bullsh1t and watch them immediately shape-shift into decency, albeit, momentarily.

One moment he knows I won't read...the next minute he knows I will. Fada Lord!!! Male chauvinist or their wannabes claim to know everything...typical grin grin

Re: Feminism : Hurting The Modern Woman More Than Men Ever Could? by pocohantas(f): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
LordKO:
There's fairness in equality and equality doesn't negate first among equals philosophy. I've no regret being an egalitarian.

I love real feminists because they understand the importance of fairness and by extension they know that there's something like first among equals in marriage or any other romantic affair. And of course, at work place or any other public affairs, the best and most prepared automatically assumes first among equals role, irrespective of gender

However, I loathe wannabe feminists because they always misconstrue what feminism is all about - they're not just misandrists but also oppressive. They aren't different from misogynists or oppressive men.

A typical oppressive man would always mistake submissivness for servitude and as such expects the latter from his wife always. So also, an oppressive woman would always take or try to take advantage of her man's loyalty to mete out all sorts of shenanigans towards him.

I've neither regards for misogynists/oppressive men nor misandrists/oppressive women - these classes of people sees loyalty as a sign of weakness. I doff my hat for all fairness proponents and practitioners while extending my utmost respect to all goodness proponents and practitioners.

I was hoping to read from you...thanks for dropping by smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Said This To Him Right Now And He's Boiling / 3 Ways To Sweep Ur Guy Off His Feet / How Can I Forgive Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.