Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In (45411 Views)

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by muller101(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yuji:

Yes I am your nightmare and I am back. I told you to speak wisely didn't I? grin
but I am trying
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Yuji: 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
muller101:
but I am trying
You need to try harder cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by abekiade1: 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
really? shocked
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by muller101(m): 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yuji:

You need to try harder cheesy
human beings are bound to make mistakes cos we were not born with instruction manuals.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by VictorEkwere: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
hemartins:
How is that 2nd.
Besides Lagos is better than a hundred cities in the world.
Whoever did that compilation is ignorant of the truth.
must u always forget your brain at home before coming here

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by hemartins(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
VictorEkwere:
must u always forget your brain at home before coming here
Must you always tell the world that you are a fool.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Yuji: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
muller101:
human beings are bound to make mistakes cos we were not born with instruction manuals.
Nope. Not this type. You have a thing against women. Everyone isn't the same so don't use one bad experience to judge others.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by muller101(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yuji:

Nope. Not this type. You have a thing against women. Everyone isn't the same so don't use one bad experience to judge others.
against women how?
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Yuji: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
muller101:
against women how?
I should be asking you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by pokipoki: 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
Lagosfinder:
The economist don't know what they are saying

Lagos thats abroad to many people, home to the largest concentrations of blacks

It might be worst to foreigners but certainly best to us residents
Stop dreaming!!!! Lagos is really a difficult place to live. Lots of man- hour lost in traffic, dirty streets, lack of infrastructure to support the growing population. The only thing postive about Lagos compared to all states in Nigeria is the security stability.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by muller101(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yuji:

I should be asking you.
grin I am married to 7 Ladies I have 3 concubines presently so I don't have anything against them
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:
Better they don't put on yeye US city on the list.

Lagos is still the best place to leave.
If you can live in Lag, then you can stay anywhere in the world cool cool cool

I LIKE YOU SO I AM GONNA SAY A GOOD PRAYER FOR YOU

MAY YOU BE GRANTED VISA TO EVERY DEVELOPED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SO YOU ME SEE WHAT A TRULY GREAT CITY IS

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Sagay212: 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ogun state should actually be the worst and not lagos.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Yuji: 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
muller101:
grin I am married to 7 Ladies I have 3 concubines presently so I don't have anything against them
Clap for yourself undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:

So, Chicago is better than Lagos ?
I feel much safer in Lagos than in Chicago and Detroit.
Those cities are the worst in the world
Killing everyday no stop
Yet CNN and BBC will never show it

You don't know what you are saying

HHAHAHHAHAHA

No one sent you to live in the Bronx

dude black on black crime is everywhere blacks exist

in lagos from ritualists to robbers to rapists

a neighbors 5 year old daughter was raped yesterday in Lagos

Oga pls dont ever compare Lagos to first world cities again

maybe in your beer palour you can but not in public

Stop watching crime and investigation on DSTV travel and experience what a real mega city is not the propaganda Lagos is

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by somegirl1: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Zenithpeak:
Many people can not see logic in what they read.

140 best cities were selected and Lagos was ranked 139th which is not bad at all.

Therefore, Lagos is one of the best place to live on earth.

Simple logic.

You've manufactured the emboldened. Where did you get 'best' from? Looks more like a list of key cities in each countries .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by muller101(m): 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yuji:

Clap for yourself undecided
grin
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by dozymars(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
Apapa can testify to this, which other city in the world can be compared to Apapa ?

Lagos is a place where the number of cars and trailers tally in number.,

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Reference(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
Opinionated:
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) which is the research arm of The Economist Group, publishers of The Economist magazine has ranked Nigeria’s commercial capital, Lagos as the 2nd least livable city according to its Global livability report 2017. The ‘Centre of Excellence’ as the city is fondly described by Nigerians placed 139th in the list and only the Syrian capital, Damascus ranked lower at 140.

Melbourne, Australia is ranked as the best city to live in the world followed by the Vienna, the capital of Austria. The trio of Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary complete the top 5.

Tehran, the Iranian capital has improved the most on the report in the last 5 years, it currently ranks 127 followed by Dubai in the United Arab Emirates and Abidjan in the Ivory Coast, they are ranked 74th and 129th respectively.

The EIU rating is calculated using 5 weighted categories; Stability (25%), Healthcare 20%, Culture and Environment (25%), Education (10%) and Infrastructure (20%).

Lagos scored a total of 36 points out of 100 on the ranking compared to Melbourne which scored the highest with 97.5 points, Damascus scored the least with 30.2 points.

So, what do you think? Is this a fair assessment of Lagos?

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/lagos-ranked-2nd-worst-major-city-live/

Correct assessment. It is a terrible place to live in. Just pity and praise its inhabitants. Must be supernaturally endowed to live there.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by bigplayerz(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
@Op you no know say Lagos na for the Hustlers only...Ok i made my Millions in lagos and i am also spending it in Lagos."Lagos money stay in Lagos" na stupid man talk be dat.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Reference(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
Lagosfinder:
The economist don't know what they are saying

Lagos thats abroad to many people, home to the largest concentrations of blacks

It might be worst to foreigners but certainly best to us residents

Of course, baboons in the bush will not complain. No offence abeg. Try other parts of Nigeria, you will flee Lagos. If the Federal government can run for its life who am I.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by ICEMAN(m): 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Opinionated:
Governor Ambode should take note.

APC should also take note.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
For my state bayelsa not to be on that list then somebody lied.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by tivta(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
hemartins:
How is that 2nd. Besides Lagos is better than a hundred cities in the world. Whoever did that compilation is ignorant of the truth.
Person wey never see another man farm go think say him farm Na the best...
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by CaptainFM1: 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Do you know there are over 4400 Cities in the world?

So Lagos ranking 139 among the Cities of the world isn't bad. Isn’t bad at all.

The heading, post and attachment therein are misleading!

You should post the rankings for the over 4000Cities and lets see....
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by CaptainFM1: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
somegirl1:

You've manufactured the emboldened. Where did you get 'best' from? Looks more like a list of key cities in each countries .

So Lagos being our best city scored 139? That's fair. Although, I do not agree with that ranking. It must be noted that there are 195 countries and over 4400 cities in the world. Logically, if Lagos represent Nigeria and ranked 139th....It is really not a bad score.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by FBIL: 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
Syria's Damascus is a war-torn city, that's understandable! Which means, although there's no war in Lagos but it's same as war-ravaged city.See your Lagos wey u dey pride about with. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by gabicon: 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
Bad roads, poor �, poor electricity, poor drainage, moderately secure, traffic, poor water network. Trust me people only live in Lagos because there are few other choices of livelihood.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Akainzo(m): 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
Cooly100:

You see how dense you are...Obiano should build airport and even rail system in SE while federal government should build yours and you will claim IGR for those...Do you have sense at all?

Okay even after having all the IGR, bla, bla, bla...Why are you the least tribe that wants to rule themselves...why must the northerners by your god...why? The northerns said they can stand by themselves, the Biafrans, the SS, even the middle belt have made statements..Why do you loud mouths inspite of all your N10000 trillion IGR, you are scared stiff to be on your own..Why...

Bros, a little history will help you o. Just a summary: 2015 is the FIRST time in Nigeria's elections history that Yorubas will vote along with the North.
Meanwhile, the Igbos have ALWAYS voted in support of the North.

So please stop that crap about Yorubas being subservient to the North.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by gGGODDd(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Lagos is a very dirty, tight over crowded city where crime rate is at the highest level. I wonder hw pple survive there, "Go-slow" is suppose to happen to motorists only on d road but in lagos human beings walking with their two legs also observe "go-slow" due to d massive crowd walking on d road, some coming from work or going to work, they even wake up as early as 3 or 4am to get prepared 4 work b4 the human "go-slow" meets them, I heard too that u walk pass pple's rooms n parlours as road to ur destination cuz of the tightness of d city, I heard pple pay to shit over there nd shit transportation is a major business there amg d youths. can any where else b worse than such a place? its even d most smallest state in Nigeria yet its d most populated so one can imagine d dirty n dehumanizing lifestyle human beings live there n they keep showing off in their music videos to deceive pple they're living good there. lagos is poo, 99% of Lagos pple have a very strong body ordour due to d tight dirty suffocating n dehumanizing lifestyle they live there. I hate that state with passion n I avoid their gals like plague cuz they're xtremely dirty n oozing out bad ordour cuz they always wear dirty stinky pants like some I live close to in my ND 1 days in sch, u pas their room ordour Will attack you from d room without u entering so I hold my breathe whenever I pas their room even their boys r dsame, I heard dey also luv party alot thats another reason 4 their permanent body ordour cuz they dance n sweat heavily without bathing. I know being dirty, oozing n smelling is yoruba culture but that of lagosians is worse. I dont wish to meet them or associate with any human being from lagos, I forbid them. I love my Delta state, am proudly urhobo guy! nd any urhobo city will never b identified as d worse city to dwell in nor any south-south city.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Cooly100: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Akainzo:

Bros, a little history will help you o. Just a summary: 2015 is the FIRST time in Nigeria's elections history that Yorubas will vote along with the North.
Meanwhile, the Igbos have ALWAYS voted in support of the North.

So please stop that crap about Yorubas being subservient to the North.

Is that all you could get from the post? Who is talking about election and party politics? I am talking of overall subervient on or off elections...

From time. Yorubas have never agitated for self rule...Hausa has Araba, SS had their republic, Igbos have always wanted Biafra...election or no election...What about Yorubas?
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by gawu1: 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

Take a case study at the happenings in lagos for the past two weeks then come back and tell me your conclusion!!
It's the likes of evans that brought Lagos into that radar. Remove the Evans and then view Lag again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FRSC Arrests Mary Ikoku For Using Google Maps In Abuja / Sami Court: ₦115K Per Night Hotel At Abuja Airport / Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.