Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,830 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In (45459 Views)

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
petitejolie:

na so! with the badoo, kidnapping, mc oluomo squad show down and flooding everywhere, danfo menace, traffic jam etc. u try

Badoo occurs mainly in Ikorodu, go to crime section and see how suspects are lynched and crimes uncovered

Kidnapping is worst in Mexico, Columbia, and many South American countries

Flood is seasonal, occurs in many parts of the world, many States in Nigeria experience it and it is partly caused by global warming

New York traffic jam is worse, many big cities experience it
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by petitejolie(f): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
StakerLives:
cool:

You are just ignorant! Accept the truth and move on!!
abi o. even lagosians are tired of Lagos. akure beta pass lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by petitejolie(f): 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:

So, Chicago is better than Lagos ?
I feel much safer in Lagos than in Chicago and Detroit.
Those cities are the worst in the world
Killing everyday no stop
Yet CNN and BBC will never show it

You don't know what you are saying
just as u feel safe in lag some people in Chicago re also safe. my dear its God's grace dats keeping u. Lagos is now a nightmare
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by coolexz7(m): 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
This list doesn't make any sense
How will Lagos be 2nd in the world?
There are cities where starvation is the major cause of death.
There are cities where gun shot and bomb blast have been normalized.

And yet Lagos is 2nd

We need to probe this list!
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Pidgin2:

Chicago and Detroit are not on the list, it means they are both worse than any of the cities that made the list

No, honey undecided

Take for instance, Germany. There's Stuttgart, Hamburg, Koln, Bonn, Munich, Frankfurt, Berlin, etc as top-notch cities.

Probably only Berlin made the list cos its the largest... You wanna say Lagos is better than the others I've mentioned?

It was rhetorical. I'll answer for you. Not in hell. Or if you have a diff opinion, I would like to hear it
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by petitejolie(f): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Pidgin2:

Badoo occurs mainly in Ikorodu, go to crime section and see how suspects are lynched and crimes uncovered

Flood is seasonal, occurs in many parts of the world, many States in Nigeria experience it and it is partly caused by global warming

av u been to mexico and Columbia? I recently relocated to akure nd I'm like can a place be dis peaceful? nowhere in d world is void of vices and troubles but some places re better Dan odas. Abeg Lagos no be am. aside entertainment and culture.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by somegirl1: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
CaptainFM1:

I believe this "Key" is your own assumption. Our worst or 2nd best City would not be a "Key" city within the context of this ranking except otherwise another city in Nigeria made that 140 list. This is just a simple logic. Do you have a complete list that ranked only just 140 Cities as the only key cities of the world? Please share.
Just as your assumption that the "Best" cities were assessed was plucked out of thin air

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by StakerLives(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
petitejolie:
abi o. even lagosians are tired of Lagos. akure beta pass lagos
cool

Thanks for your conclusion. Women Leader!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
AFONJAS has turned Lagos to something Else... Ndi Ala
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Mcslize: 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wow my dream city Melbourne ranked number 1 most livable city in the world? Australia cities always top the list every year. This is fvcking awesome! I can't wait to relocate to my long wanted city Melbourne. I just can't fvcking wait! I fvcking mean!
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by escodotman: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
ofai:

EIU is now IPOB..... Lol....

When the skull miners were attacking Onitsha and umuahia because of the bad air report, they didn't know the WORST was waiting for them.

It's official, Lagos is the 2nd most UNLIVABLE city after the Syrian war torn capital of Damascus. E mean day maiduguri is more livable than Lagos na....! Chai see finishing!
Lol you only just finished yourself. See jealousy everywhere... WOW!!! Ipob miscreants still regard Lagos as their America, especially when leaving their village. Lagos and maiduguri? Stop showcasing foolishness here....Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by eflintsone(m): 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
oh really ...na em we lagosians neva die finish and more wanna make the same lagos der base ryt .... anyways wah do i knw
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by ebby9z(m): 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
StakerLives:
cool

So true, the crime rate in lagos is so high ranging from ritual killings, robbery, rape etc

So, you're saying Rio, Johannesburg, Mexico city, Caracas etc are safer than Lagos? undecided
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Bifwoli: 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
Pidgin2:

Your engaging in moral equivocation and its wrong.Plain wrong cuz its a flawed argument

Moral equivalence - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_equivalence
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Bifwoli: 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
African cities are shiet with bad quality of life and full of chaotic filth.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by awuf2008: 12:59am On Aug 18, 2017
Right assessment....
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

First make sure you came into Lagos with a sound trackable idea , don't move when the rat race army of Lagos moves because that's when the stress comes up , don't live where the rat race army of Lagos live , don't worship in the same church with them ..Nobody on a rat race dream can enjoy Lagos I swear .

grin grin this guy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by poseidon12: 1:14am On Aug 18, 2017
It is a fair assessment of Lagos. In fact, if not for the war in Syria, Lagos should have come dead last.
I have always felt that Lagos is not fit for human habitation. Quality of life is zero.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by poseidon12: 1:22am On Aug 18, 2017
seunny4lif:

Killing everyday no stop

You obviously have not been to Chicago and Detroit. How can you be comparing Lagos with planned cities with decent infrastructures.
You should be comparing Lagos with, maybe Accra or some other third world cities.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by ddeola: 6:29am On Aug 18, 2017
Eko ile ! If you are not rugged and dogged, don't go there.

I bet you, if you can survive in Lagos, you can survive anywhere in the world, no b joke o. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by ofai: 6:39am On Aug 18, 2017
escodotman:
Lol you only just finished yourself. See jealousy everywhere... WOW!!! Ipob miscreants still regard Lagos as their America, especially when leaving their village. Lagos and maiduguri? Stop showcasing foolishness here....Hehehe

No be only America...... Your "Sophisticated" Lagos turns out to be UNLIVABLE. The only reason why Lagos has some positivity is because of the Igbo Enterprises there as well that of expatriates. Otherwise Lagos would be another oshogbo.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by escodotman: 7:13am On Aug 18, 2017
ofai:

No be only America...... Your "Sophisticated" Lagos turns out to be UNLIVABLE. The only reason why Lagos has some positivity is because of the Igbo Enterprises there as well that of expatriates. Otherwise Lagos would be another oshogbo.
Hahaha why dont you all pack your rags and gerrara Lagos Lagos is ''unliveable'' but igbo touts flock there on the yearly basis. Which enterprise? You mean gala and fan yogo...
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Qc1(m): 7:15am On Aug 18, 2017
seunny4lif:

Killing everyday no stop

Hi,

I live in Calgary (the 5th on best city on this list) for almost a decade now, I can honestly tell you that after living in Staten Island NY, Chicago (north side)IL, Montreal, QC and of Lagos, Nigeria. Calgary is probably the worst place I've ever lived. Why? The only thing here is, it has the lowest unemployment rate in North America, other than that, its crap! No life, no recreations, no amusements no beach no play!

Chicago on the other side is awesome, but its not just guaranteed that you will live to see the next day because of the gun violence and high crimes rate.

I wonder why they Lagos was rated so low, to me, this city is way better than most of top 50's on the list.

Oyinbo have forgotten that most people are now empowered by sophisticated information tool called "Google"
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by escodotman: 7:17am On Aug 18, 2017
poseidon12:
It is a fair assessment of Lagos. In fact, if not for the war in Syria, Lagos should have come dead last.
I have always felt that Lagos is not fit for human habitation. Quality of life is zero.
I dont know why all this jealousy about the centre of excellence from the ipob touts. Whether the so-called list places Lagos no.1 or 2 or last, it doesnt change whaat Lagos is. To all the ungrateful ipob miscreants, Lagos is their America. Lol
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by ofai: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
escodotman:
Hahaha why dont you all pack your rags and gerrara Lagos Lagos is ''unliveable'' but igbo touts flock there on the yearly basis. Which enterprise? You mean gala and fan yogo...

Flock where? Or they are exiting! Most shanties and slums were developed by igbos, ajao estate, papa ajao, oshodi isolo, ago etc.... So shut your mouth and be thankful for once.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by mofewilkie(m): 7:41am On Aug 18, 2017
Pidgin2:

Insecurity.
Overcrowding.
Lack of affordable housing leading to increase in slums.
Lack of affordable medical facilities.
Pollution, just look at our blocked drainages.
Lack of infrastructure (most of the roads we ply are the same ones built over 30 years ago) to support the rising population.
High cost of living and low standard of living.

Lagos is trying, but it can't. be compared to other major cities around the world.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 18, 2017
hemartins:
How is that 2nd.
Besides Lagos is better than a hundred cities in the world.
Whoever did that compilation is ignorant of the truth.

Only in your little mind which is bourn out of your mediocre mentallity as a Nigerian.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nosikebit(m): 8:05am On Aug 18, 2017
escodotman:
If you go lagos and see any area that has high numbers of new and well structured houses, have it at the back of ur mind that igbos are concentrated in that area ..
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nosikebit(m): 8:11am On Aug 18, 2017
I am telling you i lived with my younger bro in accra for a month and i just hated lagos .. but i had no choice but to come back because i'm established here. You feel 100 times safer there and power over there is stable. Boys dey comot frm lagos, e don cast
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 18, 2017
mofewilkie:

Insecurity.
Overcrowding.
Lack of affordable housing leading to increase in slums.
Lack of affordable medical facilities.
Pollution, just look at our blocked drainages.
Lack of infrastructure (most of the roads we ply are the same ones built over 30 years ago) to support the rising population.
High cost of living and low standard of living.

Lagos is trying, but it can't. be compared to other major cities around the world.

So what are the good things about the state that helped it make the list ahead of Abuja and Accra? Oya post it or shut up
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2017
Nosikebit:
I am telling you i lived with my younger bro in accra for a month and i just hated lagos .. but i had no choice but to come back because i'm established here. You feel 100 times safer there and power over there is stable. Boys dey comot frm lagos, e don cast

You have a choice, go away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Sami Court: ₦115K Per Night Hotel At Abuja Airport / Dino Melaye Shares Cost Of Flying From Nigeria To New York Back In The Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.