Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In (45428 Views)

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Zenithpeak(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
somegirl1:

You've manufactured the emboldened. Where did you get 'best' from? Looks more like a list of key cities in each countries .

You still don't get it.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by seunny4lif(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
grin grin
I have visited more countries than you can think of.
Lagos city is still far safer than Paris
Uchihaitaci:

I LIKE YOU SO I AM GONNA SAY A GOOD PRAYER FOR YOU

MAY YOU BE GRANTED VISA TO EVERY DEVELOPED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SO YOU ME SEE WHAT A TRULY GREAT CITY IS

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by AnthonyAk(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
Seen this list , they should consider income and Vancouver and Toronto wont even be close to the top , $2000 per month for a 1 bedroom will set you back atleast $24000 annually in rentn begin ur calculations from there

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by escodotman: 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

Take a case study at the happenings in lagos for the past two weeks then come back and tell me your conclusion!!
Have you taken 'a case study' of the other cities in the so-called list? Jealous Fulani terrorist! How many young boys have you slept with today...
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by gawu1: 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Arysexy:
See what afonja skull mining and human parts exploration has caused Lagos. Every day, skull must disappear from d ewedu land. Now oyibo have taken cognizance of this evil by afonjamudeens
Is it not the likes of Evans and his developer brothers that brought Lagos that recognition? Be fair to yourself for once

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by escodotman: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
Khodorkovsky:

What ritual killing , all your south east state put together IGR X 5 DOESNT REACH LAGOS OWN. grin grin grin

don't develop your land be worrying about other peoples problem that are better than you. grin
Bro the idi*t is a Fulani terrorist. The reason why Nigerian, especially the north is in a mess today. Boko haram animals

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nigeriadondie: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
hemartins:
How is that 2nd.
Besides Lagos is better than a hundred cities in the world.
Whoever did that compilation is ignorant of the truth.
Have u been to other cities in other parts of the world? Lagos is the best in Nigeria cos in the country of the blind the man with one eye is d king
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nosikebit(m): 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:

So, Chicago is better than Lagos ?
I feel much safer in Lagos than in Chicago and Detroit.
Those cities are the worst in the world
Killing everyday no stop
Yet CNN and BBC will never show it

You don't know what you are saying
you dont know what you are saying.. ignorance is a disease .. do you feel safe in oshodi at night? Or ajegunle ? Or mushin? Should i keep calling them? See city wey dis one dey take compare lagos .. something lagos cant be in 200 years.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nigeriadondie: 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
Those that compiled the list and put Lagos dignified Lagos to be even on the list. Lagos is not even up to the standard of many countryside in Europe. I cant say about US cos I dont know much about it.
Lagos is not any better than Mogadishu in Somalia, Sanaa in Yemen or Mosul in Iraq.
When u see a real city u will call Lagos a glorified village cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nigeriadondie: 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
Arysexy:
See what afonja skull mining and human parts exploration has caused Lagos. Every day, skull must disappear from d ewedu land. Now oyibo have taken cognizance of this evil by afonjamudeens
grin grin grin grin Which one be "afonjamudeens" I don tire for nairaland. Nothing wey person no go read.
Make I add my own, AFONJAMUDEENS IN AFONJANISTAN. undecided[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nigeriadondie: 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
Arysexy:
grin grin grin grin Which one be "afonjamudeens" I don tire for nairaland. Nothing wey person no go read.
Make I add my own, AFONJAMUDEENS IN AFONJANISTAN. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Edum13656: 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
Lagos disgrace ing Nizooria. Fools paradise.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Arysexy(m): 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Make I add my own, AFONJAMUDEENS IN AFONJANISTAN. undecided

Afonjamudeens= afonja male Muslim

Afonjanatu= afonja female Muslim

Afonhanistan = afonja sovereign state of head and vagina miners!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by seunny4lif(m): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nosikebit:
you dont know what you are saying.. ignorance is a disease .. do you feel safe in oshodi at night? Or ajegunle ? Or mushin? Should i keep calling them? See city wey dis one dey take compare lagos .. something lagos cant be in 200 years.
Na you dey ignorant grin grin
Yes, Lagos is far safer
Have you even be to any of those cities I listed up there?
I guessed not
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Arysexy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
gawu1:

Is it not the likes of Evans and his developer brothers that brought Lagos that recognition? Be fair to yourself for once

I prefer to be kidnapped by Evans than have my handsome skull severed by afonjamudeens, afonja Alfas, afonja fake prophets, afonja badoo members etc for useless ritual that kept them in perpetual poverty.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by TomLepskie(m): 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
[quote author=hemartins post=59561975]How is that 2nd.
Besides Lagos is better than a hundred cities in the world.
Whoever did that compilation is ignorant of the truth. [/quote

My dear lagos lacks the basic amenities that makes a city, things like good roads, water, light and Healthcare systems.
I don't think that whoever compiled this list is biased or ignorant.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by sirfee(m): 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:
Better they don't put on yeye US city on the list.

Lagos is still the best place to live.
If you can live in Lag, then you can stay anywhere in the world cool cool cool
Don't mind them,Lagos is bad yet their citizens are still living here.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by InvertedHammer: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
If you have ever travelled to many cities of the world, you will know that Lagos is barely fit for human habitation.

/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Akainzo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Cooly100:

Is that all you could get from the post? Who is talking about election and party politics? I am talking of overall subervient on or off elections...

From time. Yorubas have never agitated for self rule...Hausa has Araba, SS had their republic, Igbos have always wanted Biafra...election or no election...What about Yorubas?

A little reading of the history of self determination in Nigeria would enlighten you more.

However, going by your own assertions, of what use is the chest beating for "own Republic" when you've always been an appendage to the region that wanted self rule the least?
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:
grin grin
I have visited more countries than you can think of.
Lagos city is still far safer than Paris
then when you went to Paris you must have gone to la courneuve, that place is rough, and the crime committed in Paris, is mostly by blacks and North Africans, esp Moroccans

so like io said earlier, black on black crime is caused by blacks. AND LAGOS IS NOT SAFE AT ALL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by seunny4lif(m): 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

then when you went to Paris you must have gone to la courneuve, that place is rough, and the crime committed in Paris, is mostly by blacks and North Africans, esp Moroccans

so like io said earlier, black on black crime is caused by blacks. AND LAGOS IS NOT SAFE AT ALL.
Every city has both the good and the bad side.
I was shocked when I saw Paris
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by femolii: 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
StakerLives:
cool

Benin owns Lagos
Osu benin meet aworis there so face ur erosion region.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Rondigee: 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
Lagos has the worst state of roads within its metropolis in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by femolii: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

Lol leave that bro, boasting about lagos is all they can do and worst still benin owns lagos.
Osu there.
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:

Every city has both the good and the bad side.
I was shocked when I saw Paris

Yes every city does, but Paris for example we are talking a 98 - 2% SPLIT IN POSITIVES

unlike Lagos- which is 70 - 30 % SPLIT IN NEGATIVES

Only locales who have never left the shores of Nigeria believe the hype of Lagos being called a mega city, i just laugh whenever i hear this.

Anyway the black man has always been known to have a penchant for exaggeration and excessive claims

but why would you even go there, its a slum...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nosikebit(m): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:

Yes, Lagos is far safer
I guessed not
you are truely ignorant ... lagos is safe where even our police are the number 1 enemy .. badoo they strike 24/7 ...a place where agberos are untouchable.. you are very very ignorant .. most ppl killed in those cities mentioned are not innocent ppl .. they are deep into crime .. either drug or sumtin else .. 90% of those murders are drug/gang related.. so if you aint a drug dealer or gang member no one would waste their bullet on you except you find urself in the wrong place at the wrong time ..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Trottle: 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Reference:

Of course, baboons in the bush will not complain. No offence abeg. Try other parts of Nigeria, you will flee Lagos. If the Federal government can run for its life who am I.

grin grin grin
I can't just phantom how people are able to cope with such lifestyle-Insane rush hour, unkempt streets, pollution, exploitative landlords and all sorts; I'll just lose my very essence!

I'll rather make 50 thousand naira in a serene and simple environment in other part of Nigeria than make 1 million in Lagos. Sanity, good health and serenity is worth a whole lot than money!
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Nosikebit(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:

Yes, Lagos is far safer
I guessed not
have you ever heard a case whereby a robbery is going on and you call nigeria police and they arrived right on time? But when it comes to harrassing young boys on the streets, checking their phones by force and obtaining them of their valuables they are experts ... a city where police are hardened criminals. You cant even walk around freely with ur phone in lagos without fear of police harrasment, looking good is now a crime in lagos, once you look fresh, nigeria police tag you a yahoo boy. Its only a fool that will call lagos safe. There was a rich man that beat his servant to death in my area, afterwards he was arrested but what shocked me was that i saw this killer roaming around the next day like nothing happened. And you call lagos safe .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by Richyspice(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunny4lif:
Better they don't put on yeye US city on the list.

Lagos is still the best place to live.
If you can live in Lag, then you can stay anywhere in the world cool cool cool
Ara nkann tan so niyen
Re: Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In by somegirl1: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
CaptainFM1:

So Lagos being our best city scored 139? That's fair. Although, I do not agree with that ranking. It must be noted that there are 195 countries and over 4400 cities in the world. Logically, if Lagos represent Nigeria and ranked 139th....It is really not a bad score.
Key not best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Drives With His Leg While Pressing His Phone / Sami Court: ₦115K Per Night Hotel At Abuja Airport / Container Falls On Two Fully Loaded Commercial Buses In Ojota, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.