Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria (5956 Views)

Arms Deal: EFCC Traces Transfers To 11 Foreign Accounts In UK, US, Niger / EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives / FG Traces Looted Funds To UK, Switzerland, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by beknown(m): 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2010
I think one of the scammer in the BBC story is really a Ghanaian in Spain. Read the story here and play the video:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8517243.stm
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by hakanai(m): 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
Abeg e don do like that naija!wetin! wetin! wetin! na for our head bads originate?
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by damola1: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
it'll be hard for a Nigerian to collect any money for haiti,

They usually pay with CC, and the payment gateway is not even available to Nigeria or Nigerians, so, this one is pretty far,
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Dend(m): 3:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
whatever it is, this tread means nothing and changes nothing, this is the end time.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by beknown(m): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
For some people who could not play the video in the article above, see the attached photograph

Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by ebioloye1: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
na wow for nigeria people nothing una no go take play wayo
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by PurestBoy(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2010
ebi_oloye:

na wow for nigeria people nothing una no go take play wayo

Why men no go scam since Govt has refused to provide jobs, my friend was just sacked by Intercontinental bank when they were sacking workers and the only thing he said he can do is to yahoo yahoo and I don't blame him
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by honeric01(m): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2010
PurestBoy:

Why men no go scam since Govt has refused to provide jobs, my friend was just sacked by Intercontinental bank when they were sacking workers and the only thing he said he can do is to yahoo yahoo and I don't blame him

so yahoo yahoo is the only option he has? talk of a dirty mind, wasn't he saving for the raining days?
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Meldrick(m): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
These Benin boys will not stop. They are very good in cyber crime and cultism.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by lahips: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by beknown(m): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
Meldrick:

Its like you know something we don't know. Yahoo yahoo is Nigeria thing, not just Benin boys. Let's not point fingers at anybody unless we have valid proof.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by TPS360: 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
BBC huh? who cares, we all know that most cyber attacks, scams and frauds come from china, but hey the wetsern world cant say **** cos China is holding their debts, "see wetin dey do google for china""",
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
Na wa oh.
Nigerians, i hail thee
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by honeric01(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
Meldrick:

See how small your brain is, May God help you maximize your peanut brain. what's the percentage of the Bini population in Nigeria?
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
I can see this thread degenerating into another tribal fighting.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by MeGaStReEt: 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
i xpected this kind of thin to happen.

trust 9ja
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Str8talk: 5:18pm On Feb 18, 2010
@PurestBoy
"my friend was just sacked by Intercontinental bank when they were sacking workers and the only thing he said he can do is to yahoo yahoo and I don't blame him"

I reckon that with that attitude, your friend did not deserve to work in a bank in the first place. Things are hard, no doubt. But Nigeria does not have the highest rate of Unemployment in the World. Is it only crime that he must take to?

@TPS360
There is a difference between cyber attacks for political reasons by state agents and scams by individuals
If China has been spearheading cyber attacks, as you claim, how come the blame has been pinned on Nigeria?
There are other countries in this world. Why single out Nigeria?
This Nigerian smoke indicates a fire lit by Nigerians
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
Bleep bbc, every bad thing is from africa
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by lordbayor(m): 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
Well let clarify this issue of Nigerian online scamming ,  this is what i will call properly designed propaganda by BBC,  Now am gonna explain why---Now the Nigeria Bank doesn't have that much resource to to go into credit card payment or less the put their bank account on the website of the so called charity organization which they created and mind u if the Nigeria bank discover something like that they are oblige to report to the police ,  well  now to quote the BBC they said they traced the computer to Nigeria ,  why is it that it was BBC why not an IT expert,  when China penetrated into the USA security service and when they traced it they traced the Ip address to be from Russia but it was after thorough investigation that it was been discovered that it was actually from China Republic,  and mind u i have met so many African and most scam mails are not from Nigeria as per said in the world media An Ethiopia guy said if they wanna scam people too from Ethiopia they uses the Nigeria image so what are we talking about BBC should make thorough research before saying things out, am here to stand the ground that no Nigeria was involve in the Haiti Scam, 
Uk should clean there ass about the Mahmoud al-Mabhouh's death,  Now they trying to clear themselves from it by saying that the passport was been faked ,  WTF!!!  ,
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by DakANGEL(f): 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
Curses upon themselves,their children and generation, Very cruel indeed.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Str8talk: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2010
@lordbayor
I have no issues about countries scamming themslves - they have always done that - even Israel spies on the US. That happens and will always.
Every country has a spy agency - CIA, BOSS, SDECE, KGB, MOSSAD etc
So these are guys at war and are fighting to benefit (at least so it seems) a large number of people (their citizens)
But when one tricks an individual to send money to him, one is enjoying the money personally while everyone else in the country suffers the image problem

My point is that if Nigerians DID NOT EMBARK ON THIS YAHOO YAHOO biz, people from other countries would not impersonate us

Also note that some posters here and on other threads continue to justify yahoo yahoo on account of unemployment and poverty
So BBC is not the real problem
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Meldrick(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2010
honeric01:

See how small your brain is, May God help you maximize your peanut brain. what's the percentage of the Bini population in Nigeria?

So that stone I threw hit you hard grin grin grin. It's not my fault but you people have made a profession from prostitution, yahoo yahoo, and cultism.
That stone will continue to hit you until your people refrain from such act. grin grin
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by elbereth: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
i hate when i see these allegations finally proved.
how can we say we're ''rebranding'' when we ain't even helping ourselves?
Stealing money meant for earthquake victims? very apalling
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2010
Meldrick:

so is prostitution and drug trafficking.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Str8talk: 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
Please let us stop singling out a tribe or region
Foreigners see and know only one thing - a green passport
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by lousyyabz: 6:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
lmao. oya let the fights begin. wey dem dey
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by oaroloye(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
This confirms what I said today, before I saw this post.

1. We only get the 419 money that they WANT us to have.

2. They can track ANY 419-scammer they want (and already have).
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Donmeca(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
mikelagos:

Some of the biggest Aid agencies are huge scams. If you look at the salaries they pay themselves you might wonder where their conscience is.

How does dis justify the fact that Nigerians are capitalising on natural another nation's misfortune? Are diz fraudsters stealing diz pple's salaries?
Are we now mocking God who created both Nigeria and Haiti? We hav not started reaping natural disasters yet but a vast majority of our people are below d poverty line.

honeric01:

@kay9

Nobody told you fraud has been erased from Nigeria, i said it has reduced, stop quoting me wrongly. i asked you some questions which you are yet to answer, instead of answering, you are trying to ignore them.

Has fraud reduced in Nigeria? yes or no? if no, then what are you basing your answer on?

Does it mean everyone you see go to the cyber cafe are there to perpetrate fraud? yes or no? if yes, then let us know what and why you chose yes.

Thanks
BROS, Let us denounce evil so that more evil will not befall us. Pls stop giving reasons y naija shd not be mentioned in dis. We hav already made a name in  it. Let us all condemn this wicked and shamful act. I bury my head in shame.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ topic,

Ooohhh  embarassed

Not again!
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Str8talk: 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2010
@oaroloye
1. We only get the 419 money that they WANT us to have.

2. They can track ANY 419-scammer they want (and already have).

That is not really true. Is there an agency in the UK, USA or any of these foreign countries that screens and approves scam mails for approval and remittance of money?
It is only if that mechanism exits that we can argue that foreigners allow us to have the scam money they want
Infact, why would anybody willingly send money to a Nigerian fraudster

Can we trace all the fraudsters in Nigeria? No!
So how will a foreign body do so?

Please let us call evil by its name.
Afterall we condem armed robbery inspite of the fact that armed robbers may also claim to be victims of unemployment
Or are we saying we only condemn a crime only when we are its victims?
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by honeric01(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
Meldrick:

So that stone I threw hit you hard grin grin grin. It's not my fault but you people have made a profession from prostitution, yahoo yahoo, and cultism.
That stone will continue to hit you until your people refrain from such act. grin grin
sorry for giving you the undeserved attention, okay, yes the BINIS ARE THE NO 1 FRAUDSTERS IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA AT LARGE. I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY NOW?

now next undecided

~Bluetooth:

so is prostitution and drug trafficking.

yes, they also started the civil war, stole all the countries money, they kill, they are ritualistic, infact, any crime in Nigeria and Africa is done by them, are u also happy now?

if yes, then next? undecided

Donmeca:

BROS, Let us denounce evil so that more evil will not befall us. Pls stop giving reasons y naija shd not be mentioned in dis. We hav already made a name in  it. Let us all condemn this wicked and shamful act. I bury my head in shame.

And where did u see me supporting crime of any sort? you can keep burying your head in shame because some white dude somewhere said you are the worst human on earth i don't care, as for me, i dey kampe and nothing dey move me as long as i know i am not one of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates / Tinubu’s Takeover Of Bellview In Jeopardy / The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.