Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria (5957 Views)

Arms Deal: EFCC Traces Transfers To 11 Foreign Accounts In UK, US, Niger / EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives / FG Traces Looted Funds To UK, Switzerland, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by kofinti1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2010
i think only nigerians will get involve in this scamming business, grin
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by lmfao: 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
men naija why na?
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Donmeca(m): 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2010
honeric01:

And where did u see me supporting crime of any sort? you can keep burying your head in shame because some white dude somewhere said you are the worst human on earth i don't care, as for me, i dey kampe and nothing dey move me as long as i know i am not one of them.
Obj, 1999.
We can all afford to dey kampe so long as we are not scammers, but it will definitely affect us one way or d oda. Talk abt u selling a very genuine good online and ur prospect, at d last minute, discovers u're a naija boy. He will pull out thinkin it's a scam. Or say u're better qualified for admission/ other stuff dan oda nationals but was denied d oportunity. It's painful. u neva can tell y. Take d aftermat of Abdulmutallab 4eg.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by honeric01(m): 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
Donmeca:

Obj, 1999.
We can all afford to dey kampe so long as we are not scammers, but it will definitely affect us one way or d oda. Talk abt u selling a very genuine good online and your prospect, at d last minute, discovers u're a naija boy. He will pull out thinkin it's a scam. Or say u're better qualified for admission/ other stuff dan oda nationals but was denied d oportunity. It's painful. u neva can tell y. Take d aftermat of Abdulmutallab 4eg.

man, it's not my problem jare, if there's anything you can do, do it, as far as i am concerned, i can't change another adult's mind, he or she is old enough to choose which path to take in life.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by justwise(m): 1:57am On Feb 19, 2010
A big shame on anybody here giving excuses for this evil crime. Keep blaming politician and unemployment, that will not set any of those criminals free from court of law.

Its a big shame that some heartless criminals are taking advantage of Haiti's problem to enrich themselves.

God will punish every one of them.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by lordbayor(m): 2:07am On Feb 19, 2010
Am not trying to justify or remove Nigeria name that they might not get involved in this Haiti scam but what am actually saying is that let be realistic with ourselves , The western world has seen that anything bad that comes from Africa is always from Nigeria but anything Good that comes from Africa is from other countries, i can boldly say that even the Americans are the one who might have started the Haiti scam, come to think of this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8517243.stm

please check the passport country very well and tell me what country is there .ö, but as long as it is scam then it is always Nigeria , Like i always say Nigeria scamers are not equip to have a credit card payment, just as BBC said and i quote "Scam e-mails tend to list only mobile numbers, which a bona fide charity would steer clear of" Now if truly it was a Nigeria Number Let them print the Number out also as they did to the passport
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by FLOW101: 2:16am On Feb 19, 2010
Some people are heartless. The whole world is bringing aid, Creditor Nations have forgiven Haiti their debts and all these guys can do is to defraud donors of hard earned money. If I were god, I will make these guys experience earthquakes and turbulence in their personal lives until they pay back that money. These guys are murderers. There will probably be people that may have been saved if more resources was available. But thank God for who he is, these guys will still live normal lives. (I am boiling with rage. I may come back to apologize for this remark but right now I don't mind ).
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by justwise(m): 2:19am On Feb 19, 2010
lordbayor:

Am not trying to justify or remove Nigeria name that they might not get involved in this Haiti scam but what am actually saying is that let be realistic with ourselves , The western world has seen that anything bad that comes from Africa is always from Nigeria but anything Good that comes from Africa is from other countries, i can boldly say that even the Americans are the one who might have started the Haiti scam, come to think of this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8517243.stm
please check the passport country very well and tell me what country is there .ö, but as long as it is scam then it is always Nigeria , Like i always say Nigeria scamers are not equip to have a credit card payment, just as BBC said and i quote "Scam e-mails tend to list only mobile numbers, which a bona fide charity would steer clear of" Now if truly it was a Nigeria Number Let them print the Number out also as they did to the passport

Please lets not blame the west, some of us Nigerians are BAD, there is no excuse for it, lets face OUR problem and stop shifting blames
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by justwise(m): 2:21am On Feb 19, 2010
FLOW101:

Some people are heartless. The whole world is bringing aid, Creditor Nations have forgiven Haiti their debts and all these guys can do is to defraud donors of hard earned money. If I were god, I will make these guys experience earthquakes and turbulence in their personal lives until they pay back that money. These guys are murderers. There will probably be people that may have been saved if more resources was available. But thank God for who he is, these guys will still live normal lives. (I am boiling with rage. I may come back to apologize for this remark but right now I don't mind ).

God bless u
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by ayettymama(f): 2:28am On Feb 19, 2010
This is embarrasing

im changing my name to

Sarah swanson

naaa summin sexy like Rochelle anderson

what i want to know is where bbc found equipment to start tracin the mails back to nigeria??

where is the bbc link?? i thot punch was a good paper?
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by ayettymama(f): 2:31am On Feb 19, 2010
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gnfEcTOLHttdGR7pz9b9KfJE89NQ

ok i take that back

puncyh jst dont no how to report news correctly

bbc did not trace the email, thy reported it
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by lovemoi2(f): 2:47am On Feb 19, 2010
so sad, when will Nigerians stop this now
the name of the country is already bleeped up why add more bad name to nigeria

this is complete wickedness on the scamers part, how can they take advantage of victims
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 7:47am On Feb 19, 2010
Shine ur eyes
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 19, 2010
[size=28pt]This is so embarrassing and heartless!!![/size]
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by pacodas: 9:10am On Feb 19, 2010
BBC likes blaring any bad news from Nigeria. Not withstanding they are their ancestors created this woeful country and set it on path of mediocrity
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by lordbayor(m): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2010
justwise:

Please lets not blame the west, some of us Nigerians are BAD, there is no excuse for it, lets face OUR problem and stop shifting blames

Well this is not shifting of blame ,  and am not trying to say Nigerians are not capable of doing that act but what am just trying to clarify is that Why is it that Nigeria Name was been mentioned and other country are been speared angry angry , BBC have no right to make mention of any country Name if to respect true Journalism and when you look at the international Passport  very well Your going to see the country of the Man inside it from Ghana lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ,  why was Ghana name too not mentioned uhnn,  and in fact,  i don't believe 70% of what BBC says anymore since they lied to us that Yar' Adua spoke to the Hausa corresponded and just days before that News has already come out that Yar' Adua  had brain problem and he can't even recognize his wife shocked shocked
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by lordbayor(m): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2010
Str8talk:

@lordbayor
I have no issues about countries scamming themslves - they have always done that - even Israel spies on the US. That happens and will always.
Every country has a spy agency - CIA, BOSS, SDECE, KGB, MOSSAD etc
So these are guys at war and are fighting to benefit (at least so it seems) a large number of people (their citizens)
But when one tricks an individual to send money to him, one is enjoying the money personally while everyone else in the country suffers the image problem

My point is that if Nigerians DID NOT EMBARK ON THIS YAHOO YAHOO biz, people from other countries would not impersonate us

Also note that some posters here and on other threads continue to justify yahoo yahoo on account of unemployment and poverty
So BBC is not the real problem

Well am not saying BBC are the problem but they are contributing to the problem, the problem is as important as those add more to the problem , Well BBC as it been called will always work to protect the image of the British no matter what, do you know that the worst scam is from Britain that is the Lotto scam?, embarassed embarassed
well that is not to say that Nigeria are not involve in scamming but if they want us to solve our problem let them leave us to solve it ourselves undecided
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 9:52am On Feb 19, 2010
Yes, keep burying your heads in the sand.
That is why i am kinda happy at all the ATM scams and glo and mtn winner scams that are rampant in Nigeria today. For too long, Nigerians have been indifferent to the evils of 419. At least now we're all feeling the pains, we'll now be spurred on to do something about it.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by justwise(m): 10:07am On Feb 19, 2010
pacodas:

BBC likes blaring any bad news from Nigeria. Not withstanding they are their ancestors created this woeful country and set it on path of mediocrity

Yes if u creat bad news then pple will report on it, there is no point blaming BBC, some Nigerians are EVIL, admit it and stop trying to sound as a victim here.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by justwise(m): 10:13am On Feb 19, 2010
lordbayor:

Well this is not shifting of blame , and am not trying to say Nigerians are not capable of doing that act but what am just trying to clarify is that Why is it that Nigeria Name was been mentioned and other country are been speared angry angry , BBC have no right to make mention of any country Name if to respect true Journalism and when you look at the international Passport very well Your going to see the country of the Man inside it from Ghana lipsrsealed lipsrsealed , why was Ghana name too not mentioned uhnn, and in fact, i don't believe 70% of what BBC says anymore since they lied to us that Yar' Adua spoke to the Hausa corresponded and just days before that News has already come out that Yar' Adua had brain problem and he can't even recognize his wife shocked shocked

We are not helping ourselves here, no matter how much we try to deny this, the fact still remain that we Nigerians we pay dearly for this, the outside world will keep treating us as suspected criminals. This is just SICK
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by justwise(m): 10:17am On Feb 19, 2010
lordbayor:

Well am not saying BBC are the problem but they are contributing to the problem, the problem is as important as those add more to the problem , Well BBC as it been called will always work to protect the image of the British no matter what, do you know that the worst scam is from Britain that is the Lotto scam?, embarassed embarassed
well that is not to say that Nigeria are not involve in scamming but if they want us to solve our problem let them leave us to solve it ourselves undecided

What lotto scam? If the UK is that bad why are we selling everything to relocate here? No country is 100% clean but our case as Nigerians is alarming.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 19, 2010
Much as this fraud prevalence in nija is highly objectionable, we really have to come down from our moral high-horse and appraise the reality on the ground. Man is by nature selfish; his need for survival always takes precedence over others' concerns. So, the joblessness and adverse economic conditions in these parts leaves 'boys' with no alternative than to 'hustle' whatever way they can. I'm sure most of us here got a headstart because of our parents' decent financial standing. You must be realistic enough to concede that not every one is that lucky. Personally, i prefer cybercrime to be more prevalent than violent crimes. I'm sure we all agree that Nigeria would be much safer if all armed robbers dropped their guns for computers. We'd sleep better at night! Aint condoning fraud; but i think it's a lesser evil.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by justwise(m): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2010
pro01:

Much as this fraud prevalence in nija is highly objectionable, we really have to come down from our moral high-horse and appraise the reality on the ground. Man is by nature selfish; his need for survival always takes precedence over others' concerns. So, the joblessness and adverse economic conditions in these parts leaves 'boys' with no alternative than to 'hustle' whatever way they can. I'm sure most of us here got a headstart because of our parents' decent financial standing. You must be realistic enough to concede that not every one is that lucky. Personally, i prefer cybercrime to be more prevalent than violent crimes. I'm sure we all agree that Nigeria would be much safer if all armed robbers dropped their guns for computers. We'd sleep better at night! Aint condoning fraud; but i think it's a lesser evil.
Please give me a break here, will u? you refer cybercrime to armed robbering when its not your money been stolen, if all your hard earned money is taken away by some scumbags will you be saying this? Yes there are no job and things are hard for sure but its crime the answer? Why do we always give baseless excuses for shameful crime like this?
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:16am On Feb 19, 2010
justwise:

Please give me a break here, will u? you refer cybercrime to armed robbering when its not your money been stolen, if all your hard earned money is taken away by some scumbags will you be saying this? Yes there are no job and things are hard for sure but its crime the answer? Why do we always give baseless excuses for shameful crime like this?

Remove the welfare system in britain and see what the jobless citizns would turn out to be.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by chocomillo(f): 11:18am On Feb 19, 2010
Reason Nigerians are now labeled as criminals until they prove themselves otherwise. Our reputation as one of the most corrupt countries on earth further helps to lend credence to the notion that we are a country of criminals. Thats why i will NOT dance to any song that glorifies fraud ( YAHOOZEE). I will NOT 'hail' any guy that hammers in a fraudulent way. Enough is enough embarassed
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 19, 2010
chocomillo:

Reason Nigerians are now labeled as criminals until they prove themselves otherwise. Our reputation as one of the most corrupt countries on earth further helps to lend credence to the notion that we are a country of criminals. Thats why i will NOT dance to any song that glorifies fraud ( YAHOOZEE). I will NOT 'hail' any guy that hammers in a fraudulent way. Enough is enough embarassed
this is unusual to say for a typical 9ija girl***smiles***
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by JUO(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2010
bros 90% of cafe users are guys
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by chocomillo(f): 11:45am On Feb 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

this is unusual to say for a typical 9ija girl***smiles***
Not pride, but gratitude to be brits wink
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2010
chocomillo:

Not pride, but gratitude to be brits wink
my bad,you must be lucky then cuz girls here will even pray and fast for you to hammer.
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by asha80(m): 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

my bad,you must be lucky then cuz girls here will even pray and fast for you to hammer.

grin
Re: Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria by SmashingM(f): 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2010
Every bad thing is always traced to Nigeria. What's the point of singling out Nigeria (if at all it's true)? Before we know it they'll say we were trying to scam a whole country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Wanna Be A Nigerian, So Frigging Bad. Being A Russian Is So Sad. . . (video) / Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno / The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.