Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1510455 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by belushi7: 5:18am On Sep 17, 2017
cochtrane:

There was some long discussion about this lately.

If you upload only your current passport datapage and all markings on it, you should be fine. That's what some people who have got PPR did. They had no problems. That's probably the best to do.

Hhnnmm, in my case, during my US travel last year, I had my entry marking on the current passport and the departure marking on the expired passport (don't know for the immigration guy sef ). This should require that I scan/upload both the current and expired passports so they can view the dates for both my entry and departure at the US airport. Right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehiobe: 5:54am On Sep 17, 2017
Please for those of you that had your babies in USA or Canada any need to attach birth receipt along with the application? Was anyone asked for it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jugdement: 6:50am On Sep 17, 2017
Ehiobe:
Please for those of you that had your babies in USA or Canada any need to attach birth receipt along with the application? Was anyone asked for it?

No need to upload payment receipts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jugdement: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2017
belushi7:

Hhnnmm, in my case, during my US travel last year, I had my entry marking on the current passport and the departure marking on the expired passport (don't know for the immigration guy sef ). This should require that I scan/upload both the current and expired passports so they can view the dates for both my entry and departure at the US airport. Right?

Not a problem. The USA and Canada have an information exchange agreement in place and can therefore get you travel information. Entry and exit dates for the USA can also be easily validated using the I94 database. See link below: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jalzy29: 7:15am On Sep 17, 2017
@Ms Lee: please go to Abuja Indian embassy with all your documents, and photocopies , I just remembered. Then you can download a form called Miscellaneous from there website or else at the entrance you will be charged 3000naira for it by the Cyber cafe close by.

May God favor your trip
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ezikeikenna1: 7:36am On Sep 17, 2017
Please anyone with useful advise?

Ezikeikenna1:
Hello house.

Please I really need help. I have created EE profile and had my MSC in Canada but the system doesn't give me any score for Canadian education. I even had to delete my profile and create another but the problem continues..What could the problem be? Is there any way to enter it so I can get points for it!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 7:40am On Sep 17, 2017
Congratulations to all PPR recipients

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 7:48am On Sep 17, 2017
Petrelli112:
Please apart from the letter from my company, what else do I need to proove my work experience, and I also want to use my mum as my sponsor, but she's into business(large scale trading), how can she proove the funds in her account, as it is not a registered business?
Can someone please answer me, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Crowndit: 7:48am On Sep 17, 2017
MsLee:
Hello House,

I just got ITA and I know one of the requirements is to get PCC for all countries you have lived for up to 6months or more...I'm having challenge getting that of India....Please can anyone help with any necessary information that would help me. I have been to the India embassy in Lagos and they said they don't do it.

Please help me ooooooooooooooo
Good morning. I am having a similar challenge obtaining an indian pcc for my fiancee. We first visited the Indian high commission in Abuja and we were referred to the Lagos high commission to obtain it as her visas were issued in Lagos. The Lagos high commission then said they do not issue pccs to non Indians. Quite surprisingly, they referred us to the Nigerian High Commission in India. Now we are stuck. Please all those with useful information that could help one in obtaining a pcc from the indian embassy should please help out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 8:04am On Sep 17, 2017
GoldenJem:

ICAN Professionals
As Goldenjem's experience shows, someone who recently completed ICAN final exams may get the qualification assessed by WES as a 3 year degree program, particularly on the new syllabus.

Before now, ICAN results are either pass or fail. You never get to see the actual scores of the exams taken. This is also the case if you request for your transcripts from ICAN.

Apparently, this is why ICAN qualifications have not been getting the desired equivalency from assessment bodies. This appears to have changed under the new syllabus.

It is safe to conclude that qualifications obtained under the new syllabus can now get the equivalent of a 3 year degree programme in view of the new style of grading/transcripts where scores are shown.

Those with a BSc + ACA/ Final Exams Completed may now get their qualifications assessed as "two or more certificates..."

NB: Confirm equivalency from your chosen assessment body.

cc: Bimpsy99, Garykasparov, cochtrane

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 8:43am On Sep 17, 2017
[quote author=superdoll post=60520322]

Amen to ur prayer.
Yes I have my employer reference letter already,

Please I need your help with reference letter,I want to request for it also from my old place of work,but I do not even know what to request for our how to write it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Oreoluwa08(f): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2017
GoldenJem:

Summary is Bachelor's Degree three years.

You know that WES change their position from time to time based on new information. Also ICAN updated their syllabus sometime in 2011.
Good morning, please as your Aca was evaluated as 3 years bachelors degree, does that mean you chose two or more certificates as the canadian equivalence?
I'm asking because i want to evaluate my Bsc and Aca . Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mire222: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2017
Amybest123:
Hi people!
Pls is there any lawyer who'd gone through PNP and succeeded? If yes, holla a sister in need. May God bless us all. Together we achieve.

I'm a lawyer and I went through PNP (Ontario). Currently at NA waiting for IP2. What do you need to know? Just so you're aware ,my NOC is not law related because I think I have an idea what your challenge might be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tkwadi: 11:52am On Sep 17, 2017
Hi All,
Greetings to all the seniors in the house and congrats to those that just received their Grant.
Pls I want to ask if I can use a work reference from my previous job if my current job doesn't match the occupation I choose. And also will i have to submit any document for my current job since I'm not claiming any point for it at any point during the process of my application.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by belushi7: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2017
Jugdement:

Not a problem. The USA and Canada have an information exchange agreement in place and can therefore get you travel information. Entry and exit dates for the USA can also be easily validated using the I94 database. See link below: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

So you mean I should just upload only the current passport then?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 2abet(m): 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
Please house, I'm processing the engineering in training for Saskatchewan (APEGS) and I require a WES document by document evaluation, I have used etx in the past for my transcript and they delivered. I want to use them again but I noticed that WES also requires a degree certificate apart from the transcript. Will etx include this automatically or do I have to contact them? If not how do I get my degree certificate to WES canada? THANKS y'all!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
No, not at all. We didn't notice any refusal based on previous declined visas. What we noticed is that people who have had previous visa denials tend to stay long on NA2, which delays their PPRs as compared to people who have never had previous denials. We concluded that they conduct more stringent background check just to ascertain why their visas were previously declined but at the end, everyone gets their PPRs.

Lamgirl:

I don't understand dz earlier visa refusal issue? Does dat mean one will be rejected becos of it? Even though hubby is d PA n has Neva bn refused but I was once refused wit my son while trying 2 hv my daughter over dere. Anoda thing is dat I didn't state den dat I was pregnant, even though dere wasn't anywhere 2 fill in dat but dey will surely knw nw dat I had my daughter 9 weeks after refusal.
Pls is dz a prob?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
I simply went to my pension administrators (IBTC) with a letter requesting that they should prepare a letter addressed to CIC to the effect that I will have access to 25% of my pension within 4 months of resignation. I also asked for 6 months statement of account, which I scanned and added to my other proof of funds. I did an LOE in a tabular form at the end to show the different amounts.

Lamgirl:

Congratulations...
Pls I will like 2 know how u use 25% of Pension? Wat 2 do? Really need d info.
Thanks

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
Thanks. God came through!
EJIZY:

Wow congratulations....this was quite fast.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
2abet:
Please house, I'm processing the engineering in training for Saskatchewan (APEGS) and I require a WES document by document evaluation, I have used etx in the past for my transcript and they delivered. I want to use them again but I noticed that WES also requires a degree certificate apart from the transcript. Will etx include this automatically or do I have to contact them? If not how do I get my degree certificate to WES canada? THANKS y'all!

Fax the certificate to WES

Fax: +1-416-972-9004

Hellofax and many others offer free online fax services.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Tkwadi:
Hi All,
Greetings to all the seniors in the house and congrats to those that just received their Grant.
Pls I want to ask if I can use a work reference from my previous job if my current job doesn't match the occupation I choose. And also will i have to submit any document for my current job since I'm not claiming any point for it at any point during the process of my application.
Thanks

Provided the jobs you want to claim points for are within the last 10 years.

You don't have to claim point for your current job. Just move it to personal history. You would not be required to submit any evidences for jobs you didn't claim points for.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
bbidakin:

Good morning,pls l know nothing yet nothing yet abt ielts.pls assist material.mail is akinlolusorinola@gmail.com
Also my line is 08050403728 in case anybody would like to assist with whatsapp group addition. I say hello to all great people here.

Here is a good prep

https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:UQx+IELTSx+2T2017/course/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tkwadi: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
Thanks.

Provided the jobs you want to claim points for are within the last 10 years.

You don't have to claim point for your current job. Just move it to personal history. You would not be required to submit any evidences for jobs you didn't claim points for.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Peaceful2016(f): 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
Happy Sunday fam. I have a question, I renewed my passport cos the one I submitted with my application on August 1 expires on February 3 and also cos I don't want my COPR to be tied to the expiry date on the old passport. Should I raise a CSE and upload the new passport or should I wait for CIC to ask for it.

@dupyshoo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dhimmy: 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
I hail all seniors and fellow trend followers. Am a newbie...please I need una help with going about my transcript. I read there is a transcript request form am supposed to download and fill. How do I get this to my school to process it and send together with my transcript? Please if you have successfully done yours with UNN I will appreciate your input.
God bless us all...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
[quote author=hayor2014 post=60540755][/quote]

Hello @hayor2014
Depending on ur method of communication with ur former employer.
I wrote a mail to mine requesting for a reference letter addressed to CIC, I stated the informations I would need them to capture in the reference letter as advised by CIC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by studyexec: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
yimiton:
I simply went to my pension administrators (IBTC) with a letter requesting that they should prepare a letter addressed to CIC to the effect that I will have access to 25% of my pension within 4 months of resignation. I also asked for 6 months statement of account, which I scanned and added to my other proof of funds. I did an LOE in a tabular form at the end to show the different amounts.

Was the LOE for your funds in the Proof of Funds placeholder or general LOE placeholder?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Amybest123: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
Thanks a lot my learned friend. I think I got your message.

quote author=Mire222 post=60544123]

I'm a lawyer and I went through PNP (Ontario). Currently at NA waiting for IP2. What do you need to know? Just so you're aware ,my NOC is not law related because I think I have an idea what your challenge might be. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
It's approximately Ca$90. I checked my debit alert and it was US$72.12.

balogunsam:

Hi, do you have any idea of how much (averagely) WES charges for courier service to schools in Nigeria for verification. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by studyexec: 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hi, which bank pls and when? The rate translates to 0.801 and even lower than oanda's rate in the last 10 days!

koonlay5:
It's approximately Ca$90. I checked my debit alert and it was US$72.12.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
Dhimmy:
I hail all seniors and fellow trend followers. Am a newbie...please I need una help with going about my transcript. I read there is a transcript request form am supposed to download and fill. How do I get this to my school to process it and send together with my transcript? Please if you have successfully done yours with UNN I will appreciate your input.
God bless us all...

I'm an alumnus of UNN, glad to see you are a lion.

If its WES you need the transcript for, all you need do is visit the iTranscript portal, its address is https://alumni.unn.edu.ng/itranscript

Fill in your details and that of WES, there is no need for the request form but the portal has provision for you to upload an accompanying document such as copy of your cert or the request form. I advise you dont upload the request form just so things dont get complicated, since it may require the registrar to sign.

Note: Ensure you fill in your WES reference number in the transcript application form, failure to do this would lead to WES trashing your transcript. UNN would charge you 35k for the transcript, you can pay using any Nigerian atm card. It typically takes 3wks to a month for UNN to process and dispatch.

if you still find it difficult to follow, feel free to contact me and I wouldnt mind guiding you through the step by step process.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.