Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1510708 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
It was in the general LOE placeholder. My POF gist was a lot with lots of attached documebts. I believe its OK to add it to the POF placeholder if it's just a page or 2.

studyexec:

Was the LOE for your funds in the Proof of Funds placeholder or general LOE placeholder?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teeteelardey(f): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
Good afternoon house
If I want to add my spouse education background do we need to go through WES for verification of results?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
AOR recipients are also allowed to register... Looking forward to it!

Wura27:
Quick advise to all COPR recipients

If you'r interested in the Nigerian pre-arrival services funded by Canadian government, its best you quickly register for it now!

You don't need to submit your passport before you apply. All you need to do is upload your PPR mail when filling the application.

It's best to apply asap because the wait time is really long.

Alternatively, you can do the online one if you wish

Website is: www.planningforcanada.ca

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sorefunmi(f): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
happy sunday everyone..
please can i ask questions from anyone who read law did ECA Through IQAS successfully ..Am abit confused here...kindly asist..pls add me 07059401546 on whatsup
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by studyexec: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
Thanks for clarifying.
yimiton:
It was in the general LOE placeholder. My POF gist was a lot with lots of attached documebts. I believe its OK to add it to the POF placeholder if it's just a page or 2.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jalzy29: 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
@ Crowndit: I saw u pmed me but didn't know how to reach you, so basically my husband got his Indian PCC from Indian embassy in Abuja February this year, ensure you persuade the security official at the gate, they might be the one who turned you back. Try give them some change to pacify them so you can enter. The Indian official issuing the PCC is a cool person his name is H S Bisht; Assistant Consular Officer.
The PCC cost about 13k which you will pay in cash once inside the building. Make sure ur fiancee goes with all her certificate issued in India and it's photocopies. Also, go with the passport that shows the Indian visa. I wish you luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bimpsy99: 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
Oh thanks. Please does completing the final exams suffice or the ICAN membership is needed? Also. If the person has an A AT obtained over 4 years ago. Will that count for two or more alongside his bsc?

40manlappy:

ICAN Professionals

cc: Bimpsy99, Garykasparov, cochtrane
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli113: 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
Petrelli112:
Please apart from the letter from my company, what else do I need to prove my work experience, and I also want to use my mum as my sponsor, but she's into business(large scale trading), how can she prove the funds in her account, as it is not a registered business?
Guys please answer these questions for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dhimmy: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
einsteino:

I'm an alumnus of UNN, glad to see you are a lion.

If its WES you need the transcript for, all you need do is visit the iTranscript portal, its address is https://alumni.unn.edu.ng/itranscript

Fill in your details and that of WES, there is no need for the request form but the portal has provision for you to upload an accompanying document such as copy of your cert or the request form. I advise you dont upload the request form just so things dont get complicated, since it may require the registrar to sign.

Note: Ensure you fill in your WES reference number in the transcript application form, failure to do this would lead to WES trashing your transcript. UNN would charge you 35k for the transcript, you can pay using any Nigerian atm card. It typically takes 3wks to a month for UNN to process and dispatch.

if you still find it difficult to follow, feel free to contact me and I wouldnt mind guiding you through the step by step process.
I appreciate your response. I won't be using WES for the evaluation. I would be using PEBC cos am a pharmacist. Do you know how to go about it using PEBC?
Can anyone who has successfully evaluated his/her documents with PEBC help me with the process... I saw the link on the previous thread but it only lead me to their site and the English there too much! Lol. I want hands-on experience Pls good people of nairaland

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dhimmy: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
teeteelardey:
Good afternoon house
If I want to add my spouse education background do we need to go through WES for verification of results?
From what I read in the previous thread, if you want to use your spouse educational background to score CRS points then it must be evaluated but if not then you don't bother.
Our elders will still answer you if am wrong. Am still a newbie.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
Dhimmy:

I appreciate your response. I won't be using WES for the evaluation. I would be using PEBC cos am a pharmacist. Do you know how to go about it using PEBC?
Can anyone who has successfully evaluated his/her documents with PEBC help me with the process... I saw the link on the previous thread but it only lead me to their site and the English there too much! Lol. I want hands-on experience Pls good people of nairaland

oops! never heard of PEBC. however all transcript request for UNN goes through that same portal, so if PEBC requires you to send transcript, you still have to through the portal.

just hang in for a while, hopefully someone would share their experience with PEBC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Oh thanks. Please does completing the final exams suffice or the ICAN membership is needed? Also. If the person has an A AT obtained over 4 years ago. Will that count for two or more alongside his bsc?

In my humble opinion, it may be safe to assume that completion of final exams evidenced by transcript + statement of result should suffice.

The person with AAT+BSc can give it a chance, no harm in trying. I don't have a categorical answer on that.
Goldenjem's experience is just an eye-opener which made me to probe further on the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
40manlappy:

In my humble opinion, it may be safe to assume that completion of final exams evidenced by transcript + statement of result should suffice.

The person with AAT+BSc can give it a chance, no harm in trying. I don't have a categorical answer on that.
Goldenjem's experience is just an eye-opener which made me to probe further on the issue.

At what point can 1 claim 2 or more certificates under education. I know when u have ECA for OND + HND, u can pick that 2/more certs. How about some1 with BSC+ ICAN OR MSC+ICAN. Can 2/more certs be picked if WES evaluates both?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
I used a dollar card.

studyexec:
Hi, which bank pls and when? The rate translates to 0.801 and even lower than oanda's rate in the last 10 days!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
einsteino:

oops! never heard of PEBC. however all transcript request for UNN goes through that same portal, so if PEBC requires you to send transcript, you still have to through the portal.

just hang in for a while, hopefully someone would share their experience with PEBC.
He must read, he shld be the one to bring in, the summary.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
uptown17:

At what point can 1 claim 2 or more certificates under education. I know when u have ECA for OND + HND, u can pick that 2/more certs. How about some1 with BSC+ ICAN OR MSC+ICAN. Can 2/more certs be picked if WES evaluates both?

If you have a MSc, you don't need to bother about 2 or more certificates which is higher than just a BSc. Only the highest qualification needs to be assessed in that case.

On BSc +ICAN, you may attempt claiming 2 or more certificates provided you obtained the qualification under the new syllabus. Please refer to my previous posts.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
uptown17:

Anything with MSc, gets the points for M. Sc nothing else. I still don't know that of B. Sc + ICAN or OND.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ysmd: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hello house. Kindly help.My occupation is compliance officer. While the occupation on my dubai visa shows sales executive.Am thinking if I should leave out my dubai travel history. Pls assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Amybest123: 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2017
Someone should pls add 08033705430 to PNP whatsapp group. May God bless you as you do it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Farefare: 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mire222:

I'm a lawyer and I went through PNP (Ontario). Currently at NA waiting for IP2. What do you need to know? Just so you're aware ,my NOC is not law related because I think I have an idea what your challenge might be.

Please, what's your NOC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
superdoll:

Hello @hayor2014
Depending on ur method of communication with ur former employer.
I wrote a mail to mine requesting for a reference letter addressed to CIC, I stated the informations I would need them to capture in the reference letter as advised by CIC.

What information did you request be captured in the letter, thanks for the response,I want to request also
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lamgirl: 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
yimiton:
No, not at all. We didn't notice any refusal based on previous declined visas. What we noticed is that people who have had previous visa denials tend to stay long on NA2, which delays their PPRs as compared to people who have never had previous denials. We concluded that they conduct more stringent background check just to ascertain why their visas were previously declined but at the end, everyone gets their PPRs.

Thanks 4 d info
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lamgirl: 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
yimiton:
I simply went to my pension administrators (IBTC) with a letter requesting that they should prepare a letter addressed to CIC to the effect that I will have access to 25% of my pension within 4 months of resignation. I also asked for 6 months statement of account, which I scanned and added to my other proof of funds. I did an LOE in a tabular form at the end to show the different amounts.

God bless u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yooku:

Amen ooo.....Any info on the trend for times stayed at the London LVO in recent times before PPR?
@deeore @MrsBee @Ajujuju2 @yewwygraceful @boldinc

Dont mean to be bearer of bad news but what i read online seems to give 40-60 days from file transfer date(ie date file was moved to lvo) to reach IP2 from NA2 and possibly a further 15-60 days to reach PPR.

BEST TO FORGET WHAT WE READ AND JUST WATCH AND PRAY!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yewwygraceful:
Hmm, i fear o. London VO seems not to be predictable at all. Some people got PPR after one month of transfer from CIO, some two months, some three to four months. Infact a guy said with London, it is favor because they pick files randomly. Abeg we need to gather round for prayers o.

My file has not even left CIO yet (i have not gotten the "additional document not required" change) but i no say na London my file go land.

My July peeps wey dey London now make we declare fasting o make God intervene so PPR go come our way sharp sharp.

I read from a "fairly reliable" source that London is on a "First In First Out" basis. So my dearest... Simply relax and sip something cold.

Me i'm just going to make the best use of this wait time. Hone my skills (hairdressing, tailoring barbing, beadmaking etc), learn to DIY. And save as much of my salary as i can.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Estac: 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Organisation Belushi, please help me with the contact details of the Unilag person that helped you. I can give up my email add for privacy sake

belushi7:

Pardon my late response.

I scanned all the required documents, Remita receipts, filled WES form (& those not requested - my certificates) into one single file and uploaded on the site. I also mentioned in the area provided for notes that I have uploaded all those documents. Pleaded with them to help include the copy of my certificates in the package to be sent to WES.

For the timeline, you need an insider. The contact I was given was just a fraud. The guy asked for 5k/candidate and said it will take 3 weeks for it to be sent compared to normal 6weeks. I paid and almost didn't get the service promised. We were evaluating for three people and he only did one by the 3rd week. My wife had to visit UNILAG when dude stopped picking calls. We later met other people in the transcript office that had more influence and they were the ones that really finally helped us out. Even during the verification request sent by WES. So it took 3 weeks from uploading on their site to getting DHL tracking IDs for sending to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Estac: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Please pardon my ignorance. What is the challenge lawyers have with PNP?

Mire222:

I'm a lawyer and I went through PNP (Ontario). Currently at NA waiting for IP2. What do you need to know? Just so you're aware ,my NOC is not law related because I think I have an idea what your challenge might be.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wow!

Congrats @Zaragirl and @flamingo...choi i'm still 10 pages behind doing catch up . So forgive me if this is late much....

@canadianfly...ngwa gba break. U often come on strong and even though u r telling good/true thoughts, the message may be lost to the reader. Besides u know that words have a different meaning when read... Especially on a faceless forum...and with all the application tension...

Lets all share e-hugs!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 11:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
Congrats @ sammydami @teewhy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mire222: 12:00am On Sep 18, 2017
Estac:
Please pardon my ignorance. What is the challenge lawyers have with PNP?

Please don't mind what I said. My guess is just that with PNP(ontario to be precise because I don't know about the requirements of others) they ask for bank statement showing salary deposits and I'm aware that most law firms pay cash especially the small law firms so you have to find an alternative means to prove salary payments which would be tricky in this instance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mire222: 12:01am On Sep 18, 2017
Ehiobe:
Please for those of you that had your babies in USA or Canada any need to attach birth receipt along with the application? Was anyone asked for it?

Not at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.