Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1514542 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 9:14am On Sep 22, 2017
agates:

431 without my spouse writing IELTS or doing his ECA. if i had a 7.5 or 8 in writing my score would have been 434. So hoping my spouse gets high scores too, we both have masters but i am younger so will be the primary applicant

With your spouse's IELTS and ECA you should be fine (even now as it is, you are fine but might need to wait to see if scores drop further).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cannie(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2017
Indians always have their way with almost everything. No play with them o

MRSDA:
Good morning everyone...

It seems PPR is very fast for Indians...I don't know if this is true, just speculation...a few people on the September Whatsapp group already got their PPRs...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by seunscooper: 9:21am On Sep 22, 2017
Please I will like to know if my course of study has to match my work experience to apply for a PNP.
I study Cell Biology and Genetics from UNILAG but my work experience are
Customer Service Representative in glo- 2010- 2013
Business Sales Partner role in a Bank- 2013 till present.
I learnt some province expect that as I studied Cell Biology, my experience should be around Lab, Hospital
Please enlighten me
I took my IELTS last month L8S7W7R7
ECA will be ready 4th of October

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2017
Cannie:
Indians always have their way with almost everything. No play with them o

Hahahaha...but they are not controlling the process now :-)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2017
tollu:

Coincidence ni jare daddy wa. I used immigration and got the desired scores, one touch. By God's grace ni o.
I'm at your gate with kondo and BC officials, open door.

Oya, open door @bigfido grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 9:25am On Sep 22, 2017
agates:
Hello Gurus, just checked my IELTS result: Listening 8; Reading 8; Writing 7, Speaking 8. Do i need to redo because of the writing??

Sis, you need to redo that IELTS but has to be this way:
Give me that 68k as a 'seed' and not BC. I will pray for you and your scores will change just like that.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 9:25am On Sep 22, 2017
seunscooper:
Please I will like to know if my course of study has to match my work experience to apply for a PNP.
I learnt some province expect that as I studied Cell Biology, my experience should be around Lab, Hospital
Please enlighten me

Why are you going the PNP route and not FSW?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 9:25am On Sep 22, 2017
Algbenguze:

Sis, you need to redo that IELTS but has to be this way:
Give me that 68k as a 'seed' and not BC. I will pray for you and your scores will change just like that.

So many clowns up in here!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sistaj: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=codeworks post=60707686]I know this is not right
pm me.I am writing on 14th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:35am On Sep 22, 2017
Elixir123:
Congrats bro.Please I've been unable to see mine.Under candidate number ,I imputed just the 5 digit number.I hope that's OK ?
Using the 5 digit exam number is fine. You can as well use 6 starting with 0 then the 5 digit.

But as matter be now that you couldn't view with just 5 digits (assuming all other required details are correct), i'm almost certain it will be same using 6 digits. Looks more like yours is part of those to be released much later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by donrabii: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2017
agates:

431 would get ITA before this year runs down

431 without my spouse writing IELTS or doing his ECA. if i had a 7.5 or 8 in writing my score would have been 434. So hoping my spouse gets high scores too, we both have masters but i am younger so will be the primary applicant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cannie(m): 9:36am On Sep 22, 2017
"WRONG" in Donald Trump's voice
Why PNP? Unless age is not on your side
You obvioulsy don't have any work experience in Cell Biology. Stick with the other experience, and most importantly ensure the job description or duties are in NOC B at least
Your ielts result looks good to get you a maximum score

seunscooper:
Please enlighten me

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bolabae: 9:37am On Sep 22, 2017
MRSDA:
Good morning everyone...

It seems PPR is very fast for Indians...I don't know if this is true, just speculation...a few people on the September Whatsapp group already got their PPRs...
Yeah I agree with you......seems like they treat their applications specially *smiling * it is well o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 9:37am On Sep 22, 2017
seunscooper:
Please enlighten me

Your work experience does not have to align with your course of study. But if I may ask, why do you want to go the PNP route? It's slower, more cumbersome and a little costlier than the direct route. Your result seems to be good enough for the direct route, however, lets know your age and highest education level to assess your chances. You may not need that PNP wahala at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2017
seunscooper:
Please enlighten me

Your work experience does not have to align with your course of study. But if I may ask, why do you want to go the PNP route? It's slower, more cumbersome and a little costlier than the direct route. Your result seems to be good enough for the direct route, however, lets know your age, marital status and highest education level to assess your chances. You may not need that PNP wahala at the end of the day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2017
Kyaggy:
Please how do ask for a remark, my husband wants to ask for one.
You need to raise a bank draft of N15,000 in favour of British Council.

Go to British Council's office of your test center, speak to any representative that you want to request a remark, you'd be guided to the appropriate personnel where you'd be given a form to fill then asked to hand over the result and the bank draft.

So, go along with your TRF and Bank Draft.

Please note you can only request for remark if the test date is not up to six weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cannie(m): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2017
Hmmm. They don't have to. My sister abi na auntie if I give you kolanut, no chop o, but if I tell you anything about them just pretend and believe me. I worked with them for years. Fear them o

MRSDA:

Hahahaha...but they are not controlling the process now :-)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2017
Your course of study doesn't have to match your work experience. What's most important is matching your work experience with a job title/description in the accepted NOC category.

seunscooper:
Please enlighten me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 9:58am On Sep 22, 2017
codeworks:
Does amount you have change your CRS. If I have like $30,000 will it chnage my CRS score?

grin grin grin Y'all gotta chill on handing it down to a brother mehhhnnnnn #ThisIsClassic @aig84 @kontagious @ajiifixing @bigfido @hephgirl

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2017
Hello, fellow hopefuls,
I am new here. I need guidance, please. I wrote the September 9th BC IELTS and scored L 7.5, R7.5, W7.0, S7.5.
I want to request for a remark from the Abuja center, but I do not reside in Abuja. I understand that I have to raise a draft of 15k in favor of British council. My questions are;
1. Do I raise the draft from any particular bank?
2. Can I download the "Enquiry on Results form", fill out the form and send through speed post to BC Abuja or must it be done manually and submitted in person?
3. Will is still pay 15k if I want to contest more than one part of the result?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2017
Uhm… Seem some results of 9th September are held back, more than usual number we are used to. We can only hope we get to see the result later today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 10:07am On Sep 22, 2017
On the issue of BC IELTS,
I specified immigration and got LRWS 8.5,9,7.5,7.5 on the very first attempt.

I agree it's all in the head

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2017
obinwannechukwu:
Hello, fellow hopefuls,
I am new here. I need guidance, please. I wrote the September 9th BC IELTS and scored L 7.5, R7.5, W7.0, S7.5.
I want to request for a remark from the Abuja center, but I do not reside in Abuja. I understand that I have to raise a draft of 15k in favor of British council. My questions are;
1. Do I raise the draft from any particular bank?. Any Bank will do.
2. Can I download the "Enquiry on Results form", fill out the form and send through speed post to BC Abuja or must it be done manually and submitted in person?. Not sure about this and not advisable infact. what if your TRF gets missing in transit.
3. Will is still pay 15k if I want to contest more than one part of the result? 15k covers all four. You can choose some or all of LRWS and you will get a refund if at least one is upgraded.

The big question is:Did you write it in Abuja,or why are you particular about ABJ?.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2017
elfmann:
It should come in before 29/09. Guys, what cld be the implications?
Cc Kontagious.
Bros, this case is beyond me. Accra VO takes about three weeks I think but for Ottawa, I cannot say.

Maybe our more travelled colleagues can assist with solution.

cc: Canadianfly, Wura27, Ranjitksubraman
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2017
Hey @temitope6 How far with your application? I remember you were throwing a tantrum on day 83 and its now about day 136?? Hope you have your PPR now

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=sistaj post=60712720][/quote]

I just pm. pls check your email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2017
Toshine2:
Thank you,

I have check her likely scores, using her School of nursing cert, as 2year diploma course, I got total score of 407.
What do you advice we do further.

407 seems low for recent draws. Have you checked with you being the PA? Another option is to max out score from language test but that puts you at the mercy of BC.

Last resort might be to aim for PNP, that way you get 600 additional points if nominated but its an expensive and time consuming route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2017
codeworks:
I know this is not right

Pls who knows where i can attend mock exams and coaching in Port Harcourt,

Thank you
u have money o... If I was male I wld coach u and give u mock exams.. Den u pay me.... Unfortunately I'm female... And my ikebe will not allow u concentrate.. Buhahahahhah. Just kidding o.

Dude u can do it urself... U don't need anyone aswear.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:50am On Sep 22, 2017
So BC's page is currently unavailable, I just hope results not view-able prior to their maintenance becomes accessible afterwards.

In other news, how do I attach picture to a post?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2017
boldinc:
I really marvel at how you just spoke... EVERYONE here's sole purpose for writing IELTS is for Immigration, hence the reason you are even on this thread... But you can prove me otherwise by telling me just ONE other reason you are registering for IELTS (General Training).

We all preach 'say the truth as it is' and even talk down on people with regards to this, yet some still wanna manipulate... Hoping BC will not be stingy with scores if they do not mention the real reason they need the results (to boost your scores for CIC). If there's really no impact on your score like you say... Why LIE or CONSIDER it? When registering for ECA, I'm very positive you selected Immigration... No?

Anyway... the choice is yours and that was only my opinion.

Ok I asked the question...
Not not everyone wanna state why they wanna write and exam.
That's why there's a option for "personal reasons"
I don't wanna state why I wanna write an exam isn't a lie.

Why are u writing ielts
Answer : personal reasons

Please How's that a lie? U r going on and on about lying like I don't get
My main reason for asking is because not everyone is using their ielts for just canny... There's Aussie PR route too.. Hence my question.

So where do I intend to go
I'll simply pick "other" because I'm not just focused on canny route...

HOPE THIS IS A CLEARER PICTURE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2017
ajiifixing:

The big question is:Did you write it in Abuja,or why are you particular about ABJ?.

Sorry boss, its an oversight. I wrote the IELTS in Enugu.
How do I go about it? I do not have the TRF yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:56am On Sep 22, 2017
bigfido:

Eskis sir, the purpose of the question is for data collation for BC. Not for what my exams is for. It is none of BC's business why i am writing the exams. for all i care, I put immigration 5 times and then something else before i got my desired score. Infact, i think it is a means of them taking away from your marks so you can come and pay another money.yes that is my opinion.. come and beat me in my house! tongue tongue

Buhahahahhah

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.