Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1513800 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by redocean: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
hiscules:
Hello House,

when completing the profile, can i just select "NO" for the spouse work history part?

If i select "YES" will i need to provide spouse work reference letters?

Thanks

cc:40manlappy, mummyjaygirls, cochtrane, merrymum

Hi,

I think it's best to select no for spouse work history because I selected yes and post ITA, my checklist requested a work reference for spouse even though I was not awarded any points for her work history.
My 2 cents but let's hear what others think.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by revlane: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
I don't know what happened after that, I just know my file was stuck for a while. And perhaps they consider some other things best known to them. Borrowing isn't an option too my brother. May God bless our hustle. Am running around now to raise additional POF for my fiancée cos na marriage after PPR.

ray78:
Were you asked have to submit a new bank statement?How will they expect one to make up the money without borrowing(which they dont expect)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by lolarde(f): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello house. My question is on the issue of POF. Is it compulsory that the money has to be complete as start date of printing your bank statement or it can grow significantly over the six mths period required. I have like 50% of my POF which I have even used on Tbills now. Then within the next 4 mths which I intend to enter the pool, I will keep adding to the account. Till its complete. Does it work that way?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
Wiskolo:
Today being a Sunday and the 1st day of the month, Let me use the opportunity to drop my testimony, (Although it is coming late)

Congratulations! May you have a smooth sail from here on smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
I was last aware of N298 as at mid september. So my advice is to use N300. Foreign Exchange rates are stabilizing.

ysmd:

@Folamingo. This is an eye opener. Pls wat the black market rate as at today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
redocean:

Hi,

I think it's best to select no for spouse work history because I selected yes and post ITA, my checklist requested a work reference for spouse even though I was not awarded any points for her work history.
My 2 cents but let's hear what others think.
Thanks, but post ITA, is there a place to input spouse work history?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
hiscules:
Hello House,

when completing the profile, can i just select "NO" for the spouse work history part?

You can select "NO" and later provide the employment information in the personal history section of the e-APR. That way, you won't have to provide work references for your spouse.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
Thx
cochtrane:

You apply for the Federal Skilled worker programme under express entry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
Nice...great news

revlane:
Thanks for the input. I raised the issue here so many people can learn from it. Sometimes they minute on your application and just leave it like that for months not touching it. You won't know what is going on. My advice is to take note of all these info here before submitting any application and when you notice their isn't movement for a long while (Not London V.O) try to order GCMS to at least see your application status. I have been asked to pay RPRF sha so I guess am lucky.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
I assume its PRE-ITA profile. If you say "YES" and you get the ITA, you will need to provide work reference. Kindly note that it was stated there in the details if your read it properly.

To avoid that click on "NO", then when you get ITA, you put the work history in the "Personal history" field made available for your spouse during your e-APR.

Since your spouse is not claiming any points for work experience except he/she has canadian work experience.

hiscules:
Hello House,

Thanks

cc:40manlappy, mummyjaygirls, cochtrane, merrymum

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by larrytoks: 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello people....
Got PPR on the 27th.....yaaaay!!!!!!
Time-line is as follows;

ITA: May 31
AOR: June 27
Medical Passed: July 19
IP1: July 19
NA2: July 20
IP2: September 22
PPR: September 27
Application was finalised at London Visa Office.
Initial file processing was done at Ottawa.
Knowledge shared in this forum really helped solve knotty issues. Thanks to all contributors.
I wish everyone success on this canny journey. kiss

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ken2sure: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
hi everyone ,
I currently work for a financial institution.
Can anyone assist with the NOC for these job roles.
Been racking my brain for the ideal NOC but the more I look,the more confused I get.
Contributions Will be highly appreciated.

job position- Senior supervisor
Job title: Currency Distribution Officer
Job role
Participates in the development of annual work plan.
Prepares the annual budget proposal of the office for management use.
Ensures implementation of operational guidelines for currency distribution framework.
Identifies and develop initiatives to ensure that the volume/distribution of currency in circulation meet set targets through effective currency reserve management
Recommends initiatives for improving the distribution and circulation of currency.
Coordinates the movement of issued notes to vaults in various branches
Gathering of data and information for periodic forecasting of currency needs for each Branch.
Participates in currency vault position monitoring, and generating appropriate reports for planning activities
Prepares the monthly, bi-annual and annual activity reports for the office for management use.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
40manlappy:

You can select "NO" and later provide the employment information in the personal history section of the e-APR. That way, you won't have to provide work references for your spouse.
Thank you for the clarification.

I require another clarification, on my profile ,i provided only the work history for which i want to claim points and left out all my other work experiences, does this make sense or am i expected to include all of my work history on the profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
folamingo:
I assume its PRE-ITA profile. If you say "YES" and you get the ITA, you will need to provide work reference. Kindly note that it was stated there in the details if your read it properly.

To avoid that click on "NO", then when you get ITA, you put the work history in the "Personal history" field made available for your spouse during your e-APR.

Since your spouse is not claiming any points for work experience except he/she has canadian work experience.

Thank you folamingo, i appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello which one is the big grammar - financial institution, do you work for a bank? smiley

ken2sure:
hi everyone ,
I currently work for a financial institution.
Can anyone assist with the NOC for these job roles.
Been racking my brain for the ideal NOC but the more I look,the more confused I get.
Contributions Will be highly appreciated.

job position- Senior supervisor
Job title: Currency Distribution Officer
Job role
Participates in the development of annual work plan.
Prepares the annual budget proposal of the office for management use.
Ensures implementation of operational guidelines for currency distribution framework.
Identifies and develop initiatives to ensure that the volume/distribution of currency in circulation meet set targets through effective currency reserve management
Recommends initiatives for improving the distribution and circulation of currency.
Coordinates the movement of issued notes to vaults in various branches
Gathering of data and information for periodic forecasting of currency needs for each Branch.
Participates in currency vault position monitoring, and generating appropriate reports for planning activities
Prepares the monthly, bi-annual and annual activity reports for the office for management use.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
hiscules:

I require another clarification, on my profile ,i provided only the work history for which i want to claim points and left out all my other work experiences, does this make sense or am i expected to include all of my work history on the profile?

The bolded is ok. Just provide the remaining work history under the "personal history" section of your e-APR.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
Valid. Just the NOC work history you are claiming points for. Everything you do in PRE-ITA, the work reference field will be waiting for you during e-APR. So all other work history goes under "personal history".

hiscules:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
folamingo:
Hello which one is the big grammar - financial institution, do you work for a bank? smiley

Lol @bolded cheesy grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
folamingo:
Valid. Just the NOC work history you are claiming points for. Everything you do in PRE-ITA, the work reference field will be waiting for you during e-APR. So all other work history goes under "personal history".

Thanks @ 40manlapppy and folamingo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cyrilade01: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
elfmann:

I believe WES Evaluates ur BNSC and it gonna be at par with Canadian's.
Have u checked ur CRS when he is not accompanying?
Try to do registry wedding with him.
Have u done the English test?
I just got to know about this forum, so am just starting the whole stuff
thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cyrilade01: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
cochtrane:

If you can prove that he is a common-law partner, then you can still submit an application with him included. Better to file everything together.
alright, thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Wiskolo: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Amen! Thank you boss!

40manlappy:

Congratulations! May you have a smooth sail from here on smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Wiskolo: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Thank you
einsteino:

congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Wiskolo: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
Thank you
perks:

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Wiskolo: 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
Well I personally believe going through the agent's route is no longer necessary as you have all the information you need here. I was ill-informed at that time.

Chinlov:
Pls can you throw more light on the part where you had to pay an agent for the provincial Nomination cos I'm interested pls you can DM me.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
Cyrilade01:
good day to everyone and happy independence
I need you all to put me through, am a registered nurse here in Nigeria with my bnsc and a kid,though me and my patner is nt legally married .
I want to know if I can include him in my profile besides, he is not going now cos he's currently running a program which will end by 2019,after which he will come to join us.
Now my question is should I include him now, or he should file for his own separately,and as a nurse am i going to use same process like others or there is a way to do my certificate verification.
thanks

Nursing evaluation isnt straight forward o.
I don't think it's WES....
Before u waste ur money... Ask d nurses here how dey did theirs....

40manlappy was it u that gave me a link when I asked for the route for nurses... Please help if u still have it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
folamingo:

buhahahahhah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
Congratulations wiskolo and larrytoks .. God be praised

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
uptown17:

Datechman is right. 2/more certs will give a higher score than just BSc. Thats why he is suggesting ond+hnd. Even when Bsc evaluation is added, Its not a negative. See CIC details on such

So at @uptown17 I can evaluate a Unilag diploma (1 year) and Unilag bsc (3 years) as two or more certificates
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by redocean: 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
hiscules:
Thanks, but post ITA, is there a place to input spouse work history?

You will include it in the EE profile if you select yes for spouse work history and then provide a reference when you receive ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sugaro: 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
einsteino:

i didnt get the chance to. thing is I included a p.o.box in my address, so I was asked to wait behind to fill a form as p.o.box isnt allowed else I wouldnt get my TRF. i waited a bit and it seemed they were taking forever, so i just told myself, better lose the TRF, go get her number(u r free to laugh cos i dey laugh myself already)... Thats how i absconded to go scout for Ivie , finally found her but she was already leaving the premises. so no TRF, no phone number grin
looooooooooooooool. Practically rotfl...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hephgirl:

Nursing evaluation isnt straight forward o.
I don't think it's WES....
Before u waste ur money... Ask d nurses here how dey did theirs....

40manlappy was it u that gave me a link when I asked for the route for nurses... Please help if u still have it.

I merely mentioned a moniker. See the post below. Was the information helpful?

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/51#59852956

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.