Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1513370 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
bbaby84:

Canada doesn't do it but Uncle Sam wanna do am die! Why do you think people renounce their US citizenship? Doubke taxation is one of the major reasons.

Read up on FACTA.

Modified: I'm not sure for GC holders though but for citizens, it's a yes.

Thanks. I confused declaration of income earned outside Canada with the actual taxation itself. See the link below;

"If you’re a resident, you must declare any income earned outside of Canada on your Canadian tax return"

https://www.taxback.com/blog/declaring-foreign-income-in-canada

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/living-abroad/taxation

cc: elfmann, Scard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
bbaby84:

Canada doesn't do it but Uncle Sam wanna do am die! Why do you think people renounce their US citizenship? Doubke taxation is one of the major reasons.

Read up on FACTA.

Modified: I'm not sure for GC holders though but for citizens, it's a yes.
Uncle Sam doesn't do it to LPRs... That's one of the reasons some folks don't go for citizenship for years after being qualified.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cheapphones: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
codeworks:
It seems those who had HND and OND better than those who had 5 years BTECH when access at WES?
Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TTTTTolu: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Thanks!!

laborel:
You pay for sending initially.

Then pay for pick up after your application has been approved and pick up mail received.

Meanwhile, you will have to forward the PUM from AVO with an authorization letter to DHL in order to be able to pick your return parcel. I'm sure you will be properly directed by DHL when you go there to send the passports.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
elfmann:

Otuochiri abi BDC? Ha!
buhahahahhah... Me sef dey wonder which financial institution Lmao

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
belushi7:

If the spouse has work experience and can obtain reference for it, why not a "YES"?
But it's a waste of time.. Cos it doesn't give points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

There is nothing wrong with ticking a "yes" and providing your spouses reference.
people just go with a "no" to avoid d hassle of getting a reference frm an employer who may not be forthcoming.

I ticked a "yes" for my hubbys job experience and had a job reference placeholder in d post ITA form which I uploaded a cic-format reference for my spouse.
That reference however,added no points to my CRS and at best, may have been used to figure out my hubbys financial standing as he transfered more than 80% of our POF post ITA to me..( i.e his stated salary/duration of employment may have given d VO some form of evidence)
N.B --just my thot and no proof.

Cheers
wow great point....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
aobiya:
Pls which of the WES package is advised to use and why?

Also, do I need to have a hard copy of the report or is the soft copy sufficient?

Tnx
I wanted to answer but let's wait for 40manlappy.
Oya 40manlappy comman answer him undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
codeworks:
It seems those who had HND and OND better than those who had 5 years BTECH when access at WES?
is btech a bachelor's degree? Is yes... Den ur answer is yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
funshobabs:
The last draw was 433. Not even close to 700.

buhahahahhah... This is funny
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
elfmann:

Uncle Sam doesn't do it to LPRs... That's one of reasons some folks don't go for citizenship for years after being qualified.

Lol that's why I modified I figured you were talking about PR and the equivalent will be Green card in the US.

Ah so it's only applicable to US citizens not GC holders.

Great stuff.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hello all

Am new to this forum i need help about the expree entry to canada particularly as it pertains to my wife.
She is a doctor here in Nigeria and has more than 6years experience. How do we go about evaluating her certificate as she intends continuing her career IF and when we get to canada.
Do we go through WES only or there's another body to evaluate her certificate.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hephgirl:
I wanted to answer but let's wait for 40manlappy.
Oya 40manlappy comman answer him undecided

Clown! He didn't even mention me in the post cheesy

Anyway, no vex. Oya answer naw grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
owoola:
........does one just enter the EE pool and wait or one has to show interest in PNP somewhere?

You can read this post by @Dupyshoo to know more about Provincial Nominee Programs for all the provinces.

Cc: Dunni1113

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please is there a whatsapp group for Accra Visa Office applicants .lt seems my application is at Accra undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=dombosco post=61025456][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=dombosco post=61025456][/quote]
It will fly provided that 1 year diploma will have an evaluation which reads as below. (Chk this list).

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
studyexec:
Hello guys,

In the general LOE for eAPR, do we have to provide details such as self introduction, motivation for immigration, what we want to do there, plans to settle, who we know, etc?

This was recommended by someone I spoke to recently, who is based in Canada and does immigration consulting.
I've not read about this here or elsewhere so thought I should ask.
Ha ha..kilode...(vexing) dont mind your canadian friend. LOE is not for such..i just wonder why people complicate application for others sef. All those thinge he told you, you wld have captured on eApr somehow. LoE is for things that aint straight forward that you need the VO to understand in your application.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
40manlappy:

It may "favour" @uptown17.

@Goldenjem: Please, on which syllabus did your madam complete her ICAN?
Goldenjem has disappeared from NL. Epp me find him/ her pls ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
@Homguy

Please go to page 0 and pay special attention to "gift deed" under Proof of Fund.

Getting an agent to "finance" POF is outside the scope of this thread. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
What makes you think so? @ bolded
I suggest you keep calm, cross leg, get busy and enjoy your time in the waiting room.Share your timeline though...lerrus see.

@Canadianfly is the ring leader of all whatsapp groups grin cheesy grin
dannio:
Please is there a whatsapp group for Accra Visa Office applicants .lt seems my application is at Accra undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Abby2017:
I suggest you keep calm, cross leg, get busy and enjoy your time in the waiting room.Share your timeline though...lerrus see.

Lmao.. Please add me o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
Okay. Thanks

bbaby84:

Why not read and understand before replying.
He or she was talking about MPNP not the last CIC draw.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
40manlappy:

Clown! He didn't even mention me in the post cheesy

Anyway, no vex. Oya answer naw grin
buhahaahahah... as he mentioned ur name initially I just said, better wait for 40manlappy to answer all ur kweshuns
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Homguy(m): 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dhimmy:

Hello Homguy. Pls can we talk off camera? I sent you an e-mail. Kindly respond
Noted thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Homguy(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hephgirl:
buhahaahahah... as he mentioned ur name initially I just said, better wait for 40manlappy to answer all ur kweshuns
hehehe , i mentioned ur name initially,...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
Abby2017:

AOR: 8 June
Med Passed:7 July
BG:NA: 10 July

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ambidextrause: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Your story is quote catchy.

But does this feedback below mean you're good to go now?
Case cleared?

revlane:

I wasn't and if I am asked I will find money ASAP. I posted this for Pre-AOR people. Each application is unique and you can be penalized for something while someone else is favoured. For example, some people get rejected for missing PCC while some get ADR for missing PCC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.