Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1512200 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekchic(f): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2017
According to what I have read here, and on the CIC website the VO is more interested in the match btw your job description and the NOC you have chosen rather that the qualification match.
All the best

Guitarlife:
Hello good people , please I have an enquiry.
Can one be overqualified for an NOC, for example.

2242 - Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
Employment requirements
Completion of a two- to three-year college program in electronics
or
Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program in electronic servicing and repair
or
Completion of high school or college courses in electronics and on-the-job training is required.
Trade certification for electronics technicians (consumer products) is available, but voluntary, in Ontario, British Columbia and the Yukon.

And I have a B.sc Electronic and Electrical Engineering and a M.Eng Electrical Machines and Power
Ofcourse I am evaluating just the M.Eng, can the Visa Officer object based on my qualification being far superior to the required employment requirements considering that my job description meets the NOC requirements.

Just wondering
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2017
sleekchic:
According to what I have read here, and on the CIC website the VO is more interested in the match btw your job description and the NOC you have chosen rather that the qualification match.
All the best

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2017
Guitarlife:
Hello good people , please I have an enquiry.

And I have a B.sc Electronic and Electrical Engineering and a M.Eng Electrical Machines and Power
Ofcourse I am evaluating just the M.Eng, can the Visa Officer object based on my qualification being far superior to the required employment requirements considering that my job description meets the NOC requirements.

No. Just ensure to choose the NOC occupation that best describes your duties/responsibilities.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2017
GlitteringStar:

No. Just ensure to choose the NOC occupation that best describes your duties/responsibilities.

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by abbeykun: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2017
Ladon7:
Good mng , please i need help oooo. I have written ielts 3 times . the last time i had 7 in listening and 6 in reading, i have identified my problem in listening to be the multiple question, pls is their any technique i can apply ? will be writing in two weeks time
i av practised over 40 listening but still not getting this part right
pls help.

Try using elimination method.
To start with, once you finish a section, you'll usually have like 30 seconds to check your answers. If you're sure you did that section well, ignore the suggestion and move to the next section to familiarize yourself with the questions and answers.

While doing this, highlight keywords both in the questions and answers (if it's a sentence). This is to enable you identify when the question or answer is being said.

This is where elimination method comes in. Don't always write the first 'answer' you hear...as often times they mention all the options available. Strike off each answer they mentioned not to be true (With this, if you somehow missed the real answer, you can make an educated guess later from the narrowed down options). But so far you follow the flow and strategy, you'll surely get the right answer.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by abbeykun: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2017
cochtrane:

My timeline
23-Aug ITA
23-Oct AOR
23-Oct NA1
06-Nov ADR for Travel History & Background Check
07-Nov ADR submitted
07-Nov IP1
12-Nov Medicals Passed
14-Nov NA2
16-Nov IP2
17-Nov PPR

Thanks everyone o for the felicitations. I'm wow'ed out of my wits. Una try wella. You guys have been the best e-family. I really appreciate the gesture. I know I'm gonna meet some people here someday and I'm sure it'll be an interesting time.

I wish all others the best on this journey.

Congrats bro!!

Best wishes!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ItsYourFriend: 10:02am On Nov 18, 2017
cochtrane:

Here we go! Nice one
firstly, I wanna send my shoutout to Cochtrane! You are deserving of your PPR. And secondly, @Glitteringstar, no try to deceive us o with this your post of entering the pool and whatnot, lol. Shebi na you reply Elfmann the other say you never collect you IELTS TRF? You said you will collect it next week and how come you enter the pool without it on a weekend?! Lol,,,me I no gree,,,I smell a rat in this ya post, and see how Cochtrane just concur sharply, lol..whatever it is, I wish you guys the very best! All I see is two intelligent people, kind hearted, and very helpful. smiley

*from an infrequent commenter, but ever present! Between, congrats to Kontagious and every other person here with PPR, and to many more that would follow later.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 10:02am On Nov 18, 2017
DatechMan:

These software are not free (except afew. Check sourceforge). I am not an advocate of piracy.
You can put your signature on a white paper, scan/snap it and crop.
Adobe Reader / Foxit Reader can be used to fill pdf forms. Note that in this case only editable fields can be edited. CIC forms can be filled this way.

If you need to make pdf from a set of pictures/documents. My preferred method is to use MS word to arrange everything and then save as pdf.

From experience, you may not need those pdf editing tools afterall. You can merge pdf online if needed.

Thanks bro.

I appreciate.

It will all end in praise IJN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 18, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
firstly, I wanna send my shoutout to Cochtrane! You are deserving of your PPR. And secondly, @Glitteringstar, no try to deceive us o with this your post of entering the pool and whatnot, lol. Shebi na you reply Elfmann the other say you never collect you IELTS TRF? You said you will collect it next week and how come you enter the pool without it on a weekend?! Lol,,,me I no gree,,,I smell a rat in this ya post, and see how Cochtrane just concur sharply, lol..whatever it is, I wish you guys the very best! All I see is two intelligent people, kind hearted, and very helpful. smiley

*from an infrequent commenter, but ever present! Between, congrats to Kontagious and every other person here who PPR, and to many more that would follow later.

Lol. cheesy Thank you for the kind words. By the way, I collected my Test Report Form (TRF) yesterday. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ItsYourFriend: 10:12am On Nov 18, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Lol. cheesy Thank you for the kind words. By the way, I collected my Test Report Form (TRF) yesterday. smiley
You're welcome. Well, since you said so, all I can wish you is God's speed. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
You're welcome. Well, since you said so, all I can wish you is God's speed. Good luck!

Amen! Thanks. Make I show you proof too. wink

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 10:28am On Nov 18, 2017
Ajujuju2:

What a real Wawu!!!
I'm certain d V. O saw all d hyperlinks and smart analytics and knew immediately that Canada wont do well without you.

Congrats Senior data analyst! Your timeline is groundbreaking!

Hahahaha exactly what I thought. V.O was like mehn this nigga is a NERD!!! We need him! cheesy

Cochtrane, please buy something special for GlitteringStar on that your trip oh. You know something like a diamond ring. She truly is deserving of it wink

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funjy: 10:36am On Nov 18, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello Funjy,

You are not eligible for FSW program. You need to rewrite your IELTS test and aim to score a minimum of 8 in Listening and 7 in RSW. Kindly find below the breakdown of your points.

Language: 18 points (CLB 8 + CLB 8 + CLB 7 + CLB 7)

Experience:
15 points

Education:
21 points

Total: 66 points.

Note: To be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you need to score 67 points or higher out of 100.

Cc: 40manlappy

@ glittering star,@bsbabe.Thanks for the detailed breakdown.

I've already registered for the Dec 2 test.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by QSola: 10:42am On Nov 18, 2017
hiscules:
Guys, in evaluating HND with WES, is the school required to send transcripts for only HND or must the OND transcripts be included?

If u clicked on two or more certificates then you need to send both. Besides one fee covers both in WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 10:44am On Nov 18, 2017
QSola:

If u clicked on two or more certificates then you need to send both. Besides one fee covers both in WES
ok,thanks. Although am still thinking of evaluating or not evaluating it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by QSola: 11:00am On Nov 18, 2017
hiscules:
no am just asking if the school will use their discretion to send both transcripts. Yes its same school

D school won't if you don't instruct them. OND is different from HND. Because u even have to pay for both even in your school. So if u paid for HND transcripts only, ur sch will send only that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funjy: 11:10am On Nov 18, 2017
mamacajah:
Hello All, in light of the new policy (see attachment) on withdrawal from Pension funds, hope it will not affect our POF plans?

I think
, this is for voluntary contributions and not the statutory contribution by employers and employees as stipulated in the Pencom Act.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ladon7: 11:14am On Nov 18, 2017
Thank u so much , will apply that. Pls as per reading , which section do u advice I tackle first ,to manage my time.

abbeykun:

Try using elimination method.
To start with, once you finish a section, you'll usually have like 30 seconds to check your answers. If you're sure you did that section well, ignore the suggestion and move to the next section to familiarize yourself with the questions and answers.

While doing this, highlight keywords both in the questions and answers (if it's a sentence). This is to enable you identify when the question or answer is being said.

This is where elimination method comes in. Don't always write the first 'answer' you hear...as often times they mention all the options available. Strike off each answer they mentioned not to be true (With this, if you somehow missed the real answer, you can make an educated guess later from the narrowed down options). But so far you follow the flow and strategy, you'll surely get the right answer.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ladon7: 11:16am On Nov 18, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2017
Congratulations @glitteringstar, may ITA and speedy PPR fall on you.

So, I got my ECA report yesterday from WES. I had asked them about a week ago to cancel the evaluation of my Bsc and evaluate only the msc as advised by @elfman, @glitteringstar and others. I sent them a fax and email for the cancellation.

Express entry profile has been created, I am now swimming in the pool, waiting for the next draw and ITA.

Wishing everyone their expected end.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by QSola: 11:17am On Nov 18, 2017
Please I did one year industrial training, does that count as one year employment since I was paid during that period. I only have one year NYSC work experience at the local government, so I am thinking of adding extra one year from my IT to make it two year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 11:21am On Nov 18, 2017
Hi guys!

I finally got ITA. grin

I was wondering, when filling my application; travel history specifically: I travelled to Ghana by road 4 years ago with my old passport, passed through Benin and Togo boarders to get there and of course my passport was stamped anyhow.

Will I need to include Togo and Benin in countries I have been to? Even though all these stamps are on my old passport and Ghana was the destination?

Do i need to include scanned pages of stamps and travel history on my old passport?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kemyem: 11:30am On Nov 18, 2017
Hello guys...
Am 27 years with 2 and half years of experience,a female
Have a bsc degree,masters in view, an AAT,Aca in view..
I want to find out if I will be eligible for next year...before taking the language tests...
Thank you..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 18, 2017
hiscules:
We are together.. We're at 437. Entering the pool in abt a fortnight.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kemyem: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2017
Please which of the ielts is applicable..
General training or academics
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2017
Kemyem:
Hello guys...
Am 27 years with 2 and half years of experience,a female
Have a bsc degree,masters in view, an AAT,Aca in view..
I want to find out if I will be eligible for next year...before taking the language tests...
Thank you..
Use d tool.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kemyem: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2017
elfmann:

Use d tool.
which tool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2017
Kemyem:
Please which of the ielts is applicable..
General training or academics
General Training
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 11:37am On Nov 18, 2017
elfmann:

We are together.. We're at 437. Entering the pool in abt a fortnight.
if I evaluate my HND ,we will be at 442, I have been considering evaluating o, but I don't want to touch POF even by 1kobo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2017
Kemyem:
which tool
Check the previous page,u will see the link in Datechman's post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2017
Abbylee:
Hi guys!

I finally got ITA. grin

I was wondering, when filling my application; travel history specifically: I travelled to Ghana by road 4 years ago with my old passport, passed through Benin and Togo boarders to get there and of course my passport was stamped anyhow.

Will I need to include Togo and Benin in countries I have been to? Even though all these stamps are on my old passport and Ghana was the destination?

Do i need to include scanned pages of stamps and travel history on my old passport?

Thanks

Yes. You need to. Not to confuse you, you have to enter those details in your travel history but you don't have to scan you old passport. They only require current "valid" passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2017
GlitteringStar:
At last! I created my profile today. Now in the pool.

It will surely end in praise for us all! smiley

Cc: Kontagious, Cochtrane and 40manlappy

Congrats

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.