Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507634 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by emelueobi(f): 6:32am On Aug 27, 2017
Thanks dear

I used a Visa credit card. First bank.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Marvi4real: 6:32am On Aug 27, 2017
emelueobi:
Good evening all, am a medical doctor who just started ECA evaluation with MCC. I have tried creating an account with physicianapply.ca but my payment does not go through, i have used both naira and dollar debit card , and the payment is not successful. Please if there is any doctor in the house who have recently evaluated their credentials via mcc I would love to know what kind of card is acceptable, thanks.
I used my dollar MasterCard and it worked fine, make sure u have enough funds for the transaction, also call ur banks customer care line to know why the payment didn't go thru

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 6:33am On Aug 27, 2017
ewa2014:

I don't have a UCI yet... was wondering when that eventually pops up in the column sef... I am sure you are tired of me ����... Thanks anyway...

That means u just submitted ur app, my sister calm down you hear, ur application still dey oven grin. When u pass meds, u will be assigned UCI, give like 2wks then u can start worrying about VO.

BTW, I'm not tired of u, if I was u for know, lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by emelueobi(f): 6:41am On Aug 27, 2017
I have enough funds in the cards, i will call customer care now. Thanks

I used my dollar MasterCard and it worked fine, make sure u have enough funds for the transaction, also call ur banks customer care line to know why the payment didn't go thru.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 7:04am On Aug 27, 2017
MummyJaygirls. Sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:07am On Aug 27, 2017
nkigirl:

sad When it was sweeting us to travel upandan. Now I am breaking my head for PCC from different annoying places. Thanks everyone.
To be on the safe side, I will upload the data page and visas/stamped pages for current passport. Then visa pages and stamped pages only for older passports.
Better to overdo than to do too little.

Hi nkigirl,

I looked into this thing a bit more, cos it's hard to give up on a question like this. Those, including 40manlappy, who said to scan only the biodata of your current valid passport and any markings on it obviously have a very strong point, as that appears to be what CIC explicitly requires. Still, I don't think more information is necessarily bad. This is nearly like the case of CIC explicitly requiring that you do not need to upload ECA, but many still do just to avoid stories that touch. But here's what I have found from scouring through NL and Canadavisa:

1. Some included scans of all pages (biodata & visas/stamps) of their old and current passports, including blank pages of current passport! And they got their PPR.

2. Some included scans of visas/stamps from old passports and biodatapage & visas/stamps from current valid passport. And they got their PPR.

3. Some included scans of biodatapage & stamps/visas on only current valid passport, and did not include any single thing from older passports. And they also got their PPR.

4. Among the first two are those who used a LOE to carefully explain what they have uploaded regarding passports. Some others simply explained on the first page of the PDF containing passport information what each page of the PDF has in it.

What I could surmise is that this ultimately has no crushing effect on one's application. As far as I can tell. Perhaps everything lies in how well it is explained on a LOE or on how well the pages are arranged on the PDF.

One thing: I had initially thought the reasons for uploading stamps/visas is to "prove" travel history. I think that's wrong and is not the case. CIC apparently doesn't need your passport in order to know at least some of your travel history. I guess they can learn this from other channels, especially for countries like the US, UK and some others.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 7:10am On Aug 27, 2017
I have been unable to reply. Mail keeps bouncing back. I sent you a pm too now. Maythe email won't bounce back from your side
ugoiyke79e:

sent u a pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ljay17: 8:04am On Aug 27, 2017
Happy Sunday to the wonderful people of NL. Any PNP AORs in the house??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 8:28am On Aug 27, 2017
No worries, I had the ticket fines a few times too... it doesnt matter. I got my PCC smooth. That doesn't qualify as a conviction.

SegunWamiri:
Please does anyone have specific details of what could be considered as criminal records especially in the UK.

I'm beginning to have some fear of not passing this when I apply for a UK PCC because in the course of stay during my MSc. study, I was made to pay a fine for not paying the right ticket fee before boarding the train. Would this be a problem?

It wasn't deliberate though angry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ewa2014: 8:44am On Aug 27, 2017
Good morning House.
Pls has anyone applied for UK PCC from Nigeria How did you do it? How long did it take Was it couriered to your Nigerian address? Help a sis abeg.

Apparently my cumulative visit to uk �� is over 250days in the last 9 years. I want to get the PCC and submit a CSE. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Remxyj: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2017
toyogirl:
Given your deadline fast approaching, I think you should give then a call on Monday....

Thanks for your reply.... Do you have a number I can reach them on?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2017
Hephgirl:

No one wants to b a scape goat. I don't want reality. I want what's written.
Don't be like this..3months is written..it is valid for 12months. 40manlappy has done what I was reluctant to do. If u can force d police to put 12months on urs..pls do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Remxyj: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

They will reply, relax

Okay ma'am.... 7th day Today doh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2017
ewa2014:
Good morning House.
Pls has anyone applied for UK PCC from Nigeria How did you do it? How long did it take Was it couriered to your Nigerian address? Help a sis abeg.

Apparently my cumulative visit to uk �� is over 250days in the last 9 years. I want to get the PCC and submit a CSE. Thanks

Better UK than Usa
Follow this link

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

There is regular option which takes about 10days £45 and an expedited option 2days £80
You need 2 proof of current address where you presently live, passport pic, passport data page, 10 years address history
I opted for it to be delivered to an address in the UK and the person scanned it to me to save time

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2017
DatechMan:
MummyJaygirls. Sent you a mail

I thought I replied, sorry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kevinoh: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2017
Good morning my people.

I am currently doing all my uploads and I noticed there is no where for uploading IELTS result sheet and birth certificate from National Population Commission.

Please should I forget about uploading these two and move on or should I include them under Letter of explanation uploads?

Thanks guys for your anticipated responses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2017
nkigirl:

sad When it was sweeting us to travel upandan. Now I am breaking my head for PCC from different annoying places. Thanks everyone.
To be on the safe side, I will upload the data page and visas/stamped pages for current passport. Then visa pages and stamped pages only for older passports.
Better to overdo than to do too little.

I think its best for you to call them and get first hand information.

i was told that all that is required from you is your current passport. There is no where in your application you are required to prove your travel history. You are only required to state it. For those that have gotten adr for travel history, they were only asked to fill a form but people decide to go a step further to add stamps and markings of their old passport. One cant say for sure why adr for travel history is sent, sometimes even people that upload stamps and markings of old passports have received adr for travel history.
I know atleast 3 people who did not include stamps and markings of their old passport and were not penalized for it (not that im saying you will be penalized for including it) 2 of them have ppr and one has landed canada. Infact there are people who's stamps and markings are not readable at all, what then do they do? undecided

Moral of the story;

1. Make your application as simple and as straight forward as possible
2. Stick to only the documents that you are required to submit
3. Add LOE and SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS only if its absolutely necessary. For instance, if you cant get some of your documents in CIC format or there are discrepancies in some of your documents and so on.
4. Dont prove what you are not asked to prove. It will only prolong the time spent on your application by the VO because im sure the VOs are under the obligation to assess and verify every single document provided by an applicant irrespective of the fact that they are unnecessary. If you ask me, i'll say my sister abeg dont give your VO too much workload, make it easy for him/her grin
5. Well in the end its your application oh!!! Do what pleases you with it. LOL!!! wink
6. Call, tweet or email IRCC and often as you can to clarify grey areas before you submit, there is nothing better than first hand information. They have an obligation to answer your questions when you call, they wont hang up or insult you even if you ask an annoying question (na the work wey them dey do)

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2017
Kevinoh:
Good morning my people.

I am currently doing all my uploads and I noticed there is no where for uploading IELTS result sheet and birth certificate from National Population Commission.

Please should I forget about uploading these two and move on or should I include them under Letter of explanation uploads?

IELTS is to be uploaded under education

Birth cert is not required for adults only children

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2017
GlitteringStar:
Congratulations @EfeOgheneMaro and Soja84

Please I sent you a pm, it is in regard to IELTs. My payment window period elapsed but I need to retain the test date. Have emailed british council but no reply, please help with the contact that sorted yours out. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2017
Kevinoh:
Good morning my people.

Please upload your IELTS,ECA and Degree Certificates together.

NONE MUST BE MISSING HERE PLEASE as Applications have been refused for this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 27, 2017
einsteino:

Please I sent you a pm, it is in regard to IELTs. My payment window period elapsed but I need to retain the test date. Have emailed british council but no reply, please help with the contact that sorted yours out. Thanks

I've replied.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2017
yokus:
I have been unable to reply. Mail keeps bouncing back. I sent you a pm too now. Maythe email won't bounce back from your side

I have seen your PM and i replied with a "holla"....
so come lets rob minds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 10:55am On Aug 27, 2017
einsteino:

Just register again if d date is still available in ur preferred location. No need to send mail. I registered like 3e before maKing payment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by nkigirl: 11:06am On Aug 27, 2017
I agree with you and Cochtrane.
Looking at everything, CIC wants candidates to state personal history, education history and work history. When proof is required for any, they clearly ask you to upload in the CIC format or list the documents. And ECA is also listed as part of the documents on the website.
I checked the cic website and it states to only include current travel document. If they require more info/ ADR or additional scans, then we would just scan what they want, when they want it. I honestly do not want to put too much info on the LOE. The less complicated, the better.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

Once again, thanks everyone. This is such a great forum.

closetextrovert:

I think its best for you to call them and get first hand information.

i was told that all that is required from you is your current passport. There is no where in your application you are required to prove your travel history. You are only required to state it. For those that have gotten adr for travel history, they were only asked to fill a form but people decide to go a step further to add stamps and markings of their old passport. One cant say for sure why adr for travel history is sent, sometimes even people that upload stamps and markings of old passports have received adr for travel history.
I know atleast 3 people who did not include stamps and markings of their old passport and were not penalized for it (not that im saying you will be penalized for including it) 2 of them have ppr and one has landed canada. Infact there are people who's stamps and markings are not readable at all, what then do they do? undecided

Moral of the story;

1. Make your application as simple and as straight forward as possible
2. Stick to only the documents that you are required to submit
3. Add LOE and SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS only if its absolutely necessary. For instance, if you cant get some of your documents in CIC format or there are discrepancies in some of your documents and so on.
4. Dont prove what you are not asked to prove. It will only prolong the time spent on your application by the VO because im sure the VOs are under the obligation to assess and verify every single document provided by an applicant irrespective of the fact that they are unnecessary. If you ask me, i'll say my sister abeg dont give your VO too much workload, make it easy for him/her grin
5. Well in the end its your application oh!!! Do what pleases you with it. LOL!!! wink
6. Call, tweet or email IRCC and often as you can to clarify grey areas before you submit, there is nothing better than first hand information. They have an obligation to answer your questions when you call, they wont hang up or insult you even if you ask an annoying question (na the work wey them dey do)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ovatuwazza: 11:36am On Aug 27, 2017
Please what number can I call to enquire about the current state of my application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by toyogirl: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2017
You may call them on this number +1 613-944-4000......pls use options 11170 to speak to an agent....

Remxyj:

Thanks for your reply.... Do you have a number I can reach them on?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sexymj(f): 12:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
pls how oo

ewa2014:

Pls how do I join the Watsapp group...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
Canadianfly:

Lmao. Student life things. Jumping train with child ticket eh? As a child of God grin

You should be fine, as long as you weren't charged by the police and convicted. Or cautioned by the police. To put your mind at rest, call and ask them on +44 2380 479 920. Call from Tuesday oh, Monday na bank holiday.

Lolz! Not child ticket joor. It was one all route ticket for weekends. Apparently, I wasn't aware that the price had changed. Being a rush to jump on the next train, I just clicked on the ticket that had the price I was familiar with. Lo and behold at night when I wanted to return to my station of initial departure, gbege barrier no gree open as I inserted ticket shocked
Thanks for the information shared anyways

@ eddycross. Thanks also. So yours was deliberate wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
It didnt get here sia. I tried resending but it didnt go through again.
ugoiyke79e:

I have seen your PM and i replied with a "holla"....
so come lets rob minds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ewa2014: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
yokus:

Better UK than Usa
Follow this link

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

There is regular option which takes about 10days £45 and an expedited option 2days £80
You need 2 proof of current address where you presently live, passport pic, passport data page, 10 years address history
I opted for it to be delivered to an address in the UK and the person scanned it to me to save time

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Marc0110(m): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
emelueobi:
Good evening all, am a medical doctor who just started ECA evaluation with MCC. I have tried creating an account with physicianapply.ca but my payment does not go through, i have used both naira and dollar debit card , and the payment is not successful. Please if there is any doctor in the house who have recently evaluated their credentials via mcc I would love to know what kind of card is acceptable, thanks.
Greetings of the day to you, dear colleague, I used my naira master card (GTBANK) last month and it worked. Though the cash was debited from my current account....
We should Compare notes or have some peer review privately if you will.
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
We followed 'their own people' to do it then.... but you know what they say "every day for the oshofree, one day for the Police".

SegunWamiri:

@ eddycross. Thanks also. So yours was deliberate wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.