Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG (20518 Views)

Buhari Now Jittery After US, UK Warning —atiku / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Backs NLC Planned Strike / There's No Alternative To Restructuring - Atiku Counters President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:41am On Aug 21, 2017
Paperwhite:
Sycophantic zombies/hypocrites everywhere.Buhari that have also made life unbearable is the indispensable messiah they now venerate like this Nigeria deserves her leaders and far from meaningful redemption. cry cry cry cry cry

No sycophancy or hypocrisy but genuine spontaneous exhibition of love for the president from the very ppl you claim he made life unbearable; it is ironic that only you and your hateful co-travellers are failing to accept the reality on the ground - keep deceiving yourselves.
Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by saniby: 6:45am On Aug 21, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Observe that I gave you a like, not because I totally agree with what you've said but because I see you've articulated debatable issues...Democracy as a game of numbers falters premisarily in that the most popular often times are not the best suited, Buhari is case in point, apart from his less than sterling academic antecedent to his foray into dictatorship to his penchant for tribal and religious bigotry to his obvious physical imcapacity all indices indicate Buhari supremely unfit to lead a Country such as Nigeria but here we are today...an uneducated, masses fueled by tribal and religious sentiments will ensure that Africa remains for a long time a failed continent and the butt of many a guffaw when more enlightened bodies of people congregate.

You continue to point to the imperfections of Buhari, when you have no such authority to asses him (actively) unless for ranting purpose. I mean his competence score is already determined by the Nigerian majority who voted him in as a president. His performance score assessment which leads to useful action is either by the National Assembly (anytime within his tenure) or by the electorate (by not returning him in 2019). I wonder why are some people hasty about they providing a score card and possibly force their wishful thinking when they actually have no authority. Is that not lawlessness? Americans chose TRUMP as their president, so whatever one's perception of TRUMP is, I believe it shouldn't be superior to the American people's mandate.

While I concede that there is always a room for improvement in governance, I submit also that, I am, (and so are many Nigerians) happy with the performance of this administration so far. One could but imagine what the security situation would've become if the 'THIEVING GENERALS' were still in control or where our economy would've ended at when oil fell to the $30 mark from $120 with the same 'THIEVING MINISTERS' we've had.

I don't know what some of you do for a living, but for many Nigerians involved in production (Farming, Manufacturing etc and not dumping of imported products) they are seeing a clear path of growth for the first time in history of this country. You can ask farmers in Abakaliki, Kebbi, Anambra etc., or you can ask DANGOTE as an industrialist.
Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by net282: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2017
May his days be long
Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by vaca1: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2017
Afam4eva:
There's really nothing we won't hear. Saying we're in trouble in this country is an understatement.
Nna eh , ikegwuru. this country is far from redemption
Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 21, 2017
saniby:

You continue to point to the imperfections of Buhari, when you have no such authority to asses him (actively) unless for ranting purpose. I mean his competence score is already determined by the Nigerian majority who voted him in as a president. His performance score assessment which leads to useful action is either by the National Assembly (anytime within his tenure) or by the electorate (by not returning him in 2019). I wonder why are some people hasty about they providing a score card and possibly force their wishful thinking when they actually have no authority. Is that not lawlessness? Americans chose TRUMP as their president, so whatever one's perception of TRUMP is, I believe it shouldn't be superior to the American people's mandate.

While I concede that there is always a room for improvement in governance, I submit also that, I am, (and so are many Nigerians) happy with the performance of this administration so far. One could but imagine what the security situation would've become if the 'THIEVING GENERALS' were still in control or where our economy would've ended at when oil fell to the $30 mark from $120 with the same 'THIEVING MINISTERS' we've had.

I don't know what some of you do for a living, but for many Nigerians involved in production (Farming, Manufacturing etc and not dumping of imported products) they are seeing a clear path of growth for the first time in history of this country. You can ask farmers in Abakaliki, Kebbi, Anambra etc., or you can ask DANGOTE as an industrialist.
you sound very rude but I assume that's the way most Nigerians speak, from your tone I can surmise that you're a Buhari apologist, probably someone benefiting from some political largesse or the other of course you will deny this, so there's no point arguing over it; you speak of having 'authority' to criticize a public figure over public issues lol are you serious, do you have any formal education at all (I'm not trying to disparage you but I'm really curious...this is the sort of rhetoric that can only be echoed by someone without any idea of what obtains in a civilized and fully functioning modern Democracy); you even gave D. Trump as an example, that example is at best contra-indicative, he is one of if not the most vilified sitting President in the world, you only need to watch any Saturday Night Live skit or CNN, MSNBC, ABC or any other mainstream news outlet; once you agree to public office all issues concerning that office become public, no authority is needed, from the street sweepers in Lagos, to the Almajiris in Sokoto, they have a constitutionally guaranteed right to call the sitting president to task for any perceived failure in leadership. You say the majority of Nigerians who voted him into power are pleased with his performance, this is a statement of fact requiring factual proof, absent any statistical proof from an independent source, you have merely repeated sycophantic political jingoism popular with the low IQ political class who unfortunately hold sway in Nigeria; your assertion will be put to the test come 2019. However, as a Passport carrying citizen of Nigeria, I reserve the right to state that a President who is absent from his post for more than 103days due to ill health, demonstrates factually, that he lacks either the physical stamina or the mental fortitude to withstand the rigors which that office places on the president....our commonwealth cannot be jeopardized on the basis of tribal, religious and political patronage which robs people like you of any objectivity in political discourse. Buhari should resign honorably and place power in more capable hands....
Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by Bizibi(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
you sound very rude but I assume that's the way most Nigerians speak, from your tone I can surmise that you're a Buhari apologist, probably someone benefiting from some political largesse or the other of course you will deny this, so there's no point arguing over it; you speak of having 'authority' to criticize a public figure over public issues lol are you serious, do you have any formal education at all (I'm not trying to disparage you but I'm really curious...this is the sort of rhetoric that can only be echoed by someone without any idea of what obtains in a civilized and fully functioning modern Democracy); you even gave D. Trump as an example, that example is at best contra-indicative, he is one of if not the most vilified sitting President in the world, you only need to watch any Saturday Night Live skit or CNN, MSNBC, ABC or any other mainstream news outlet; once you agree to public office all issues concerning that office become public, no authority is needed, from the street sweepers in Lagos, to the Almajiris in Sokoto, they have a constitutionally guaranteed right to call the sitting president to task for any perceived failure in leadership. You say the majority of Nigerians who voted him into power are pleased with his powers, this is a statement of fact requiring factual proof, absent any statistical proof from an independent source, you have merely repeated sycophantic political jingoism popular with the low IQ political class who unfortunately hold sway in Nigeria; your assertion will be put to the test come 2019. However, as a Passport carrying citizen of Nigeria, I reserve the right to state that a President who is absent from his post for more than 103days due to ill health, demonstrates factually, that he lacks either the physical stamina or the mental fortitude to withstand the rigors which that office places on the president....our commonwealth cannot be jeopardized on the basis of tribal, religious and political patronage which robs people like you of any objectivity in political discourse. Buhari should resign honorably and place power in more capable hands....
the more u hammer it into their Brain,the more they display their ignorance.
Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by obonujoker(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2017
saniby:
Does it not suffice those against BUHARI that so long as Democracy is a game of the majority, Buhari is more popular and acceptable than anybody they could produce form whichever clime - Religious, Political, Social and Business alike.

If you don't like Buhari, it is understandable, as no one expects you to like him by fiat. But, as per as leadership of the country is concerned, you have to wait till 2019 so you can test your popularity (or that of your mentors) with Nigerians against Buhari or any other APC candidate.

If your wish is that BUHARI should die, then it suffice to tell you that 'NO ONE WILL DIE BEFORE HIS APPOINTED TIME' ..... live with it !....or else attempt to change yours if you can.

It is suprising that the person you accuse of being poorly educated, can gather more crowd than your Phd and Professors. He is given more International recognition than those you poster forward. The same man you accuse of Islamization agenda is given more regard by Christian and Muslims leaders all over the world than those you consider noble (in your hate for others).

...and how was it, you always accuse the Yorubas of being manipulated by the north despite your classification of the north as primitive and uneducated. Or are you in doubt (also) of the intellectual capacity of people from the southwest, there by leaving only you and your friends as educated and smart people in Nigeria?
... PLEASE MAKE UNA DEY RECEIVE SENSE NOW!

Face front... Adeboye, T.B Joshua etc are Kore respected than your Buhari... Buhari is just lucky Nigerians still vote with religious and tribal sentiments... Let's remove those and see if he will even win in his local daura.....
Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by saniby: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
you sound very rude but I assume that's the way most Nigerians speak, from your tone I can surmise that you're a Buhari apologist, probably someone benefiting from some political largesse or the other of course you will deny this, so there's no point arguing over it; you speak of having 'authority' to criticize a public figure over public issues lol are you serious, do you have any formal education at all (I'm not trying to disparage you but I'm really curious...this is the sort of rhetoric that can only be echoed by someone without any idea of what obtains in a civilized and fully functioning modern Democracy); you even gave D. Trump as an example, that example is at best contra-indicative, he is one of if not the most vilified sitting President in the world, you only need to watch any Saturday Night Live skit or CNN, MSNBC, ABC or any other mainstream news outlet; once you agree to public office all issues concerning that office become public, no authority is needed, from the street sweepers in Lagos, to the Almajiris in Sokoto, they have a constitutionally guaranteed right to call the sitting president to task for any perceived failure in leadership. You say the majority of Nigerians who voted him into power are pleased with his performance, this is a statement of fact requiring factual proof, absent any statistical proof from an independent source, you have merely repeated sycophantic political jingoism popular with the low IQ political class who unfortunately hold sway in Nigeria; your assertion will be put to the test come 2019. However, as a Passport carrying citizen of Nigeria, I reserve the right to state that a President who is absent from his post for more than 103days due to ill health, demonstrates factually, that he lacks either the physical stamina or the mental fortitude to withstand the rigors which that office places on the president....our commonwealth cannot be jeopardized on the basis of tribal, religious and political patronage which robs people like you of any objectivity in political discourse. Buhari should resign honorably and place power in more capable hands....

If you find the way I put forward the facts as 'rude' then I can't help it, because I only look at issues realistically and spell only what I saw.
I am not going into personal attack on you or anybody (as it is against my culture and beliefs) so I will ignore statements like ' Whether I've had formal education or having spoken typical of low IQ politicians in Nigeria). despite providing no IQ test results of yours or proof of 'that which makes your public opinion sacrosanct'.

If you've noticed, I didn't say those that are campaigning for Buhari to relinquish his mandate could not rant? Rather I said it is in futility since he has told them he will not resign. And the House that has the authority to send him packing did not see anything wrong with his position.

Again their arguments of poor performance are without indices or statistics. Our Socioeconomic well being seemed more promising in this regime than it was in the last 16 years of PDP ( this I say without apology).
You only check indices of development from security of lives and property to appreciate that.
After 16 years of bad governance, it is now they need to restructure the country by force. It is now they are marginalized - and they were quiet all this while?

I believe that no one should be marginalised. But the fact is that every section of this country is being marginalised in some way. So I will not subscribe to the idea of 'bring down the roof' just because it is not my candidate there. Nigeria with same setup or worse (a couple of years back) was quite acceptable to those complaining to the heavens now. So what do you call that.... was it simply because the table turned or what?
Re: Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG by saniby: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2017
obonujoker:

Face front... Adeboye, T.B Joshua etc are Kore respected than your Buhari... Buhari is just lucky Nigerians still vote with religious and tribal sentiments... Let's remove those and see if he will even win in his local daura.....

I f you remove religious sentiments who knows those people you mentioned.
The truth is that religion is part of our life in Nigeria and will continue to be in long future to come.
Why do you think National Assembly refused the gay rights in Nigeria if not for religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Defeats APC, Others In Rivers Supplementary Elections / Natasha Akpoti Pays Dino Melaye A Condolence Visit With Kogi Women / Entwistle Rubbishes Telegraph Report On Buhari (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.